Monkey Island DVD Never Arriving? [it's shipping now]

Comments

• edited May 2010
    Didero wrote: »
    So you're saying they should only start pre-orders after the product is done and ready to be shipped?

That is exactly the opposite of what a preorder is for.

No. I think they shouldn't have sales until the product is finished. That's all.
  • edited May 2010
    Avistew wrote: »
    Also, we got free shipping then. Even with 50% off, some people would pay more if they had to pay for shipping (I'm one such person).

I hear ya, I was interested in that Sam & Max statue symbiotestudios released....
    I had to pay more for shipping than for the actual statue itself. :/

I practically bought it until it was revealed it cost 90 bucks for shipping, statue itself cost 75.

To be honest, symbiotestudios only offer UPS express, big mistake on their part.
    Practically makes international shipping impossible for non-rich folks.

I asked them if there was a way to send it with another service, slower but more affordable...never even got an answer back.
    With costumer service that bad, I'll just get the statue from Ebay or if possible from another retailer with decent shipping options.
  • edited May 2010
    Fury wrote: »
    I'm not the only one annoyed, everyone that speaks up is shot down by pale man or guruguru.

I refer you to my previous post.
    I said it once and I'll say it again:
    All of this extra mile stuff is the reason that I get angry and defensive when people start to attack Telltale, like during the Monkey Island shipping fiasco. If Telltale says they're doing their best for us, you know they're giving 150%, and to imply or accuse otherwise is insulting, because I can guarantee you that no other company in the industry treats its customers so well.

Call people like me a cult if you will, but what it boils down to is that Telltale is more deeply connected to its fans than any other game company, and it suffers for it because people start expecting things. This is a small company going the extra mile and doing a physical release of the game with all sorts of bonus features, not charging you anything more than shipping for it, and all this while trying to work on another game at the same time, and you're complaining that they're not doing it fast enough?

I have a word for people like you. Veruca.

Basically, I feel like all of us have gotten so much from Telltale that attacks like this feel hurtful to me, and I will continue to defend the company until I'm blue in the face.
    Guruguru? That's the worst DS game ever! O_o

Wow, my name hasn't been associated with that game since November. No, I'm named after Guru-Guru from Ocarina of Time. Hence the avatar and "Crazy Windmill Guy".

GuruGuruWeb.jpg

Or, if you piss me off...

GuruAngry.jpg

Bonus points if anyone can spot what's wrong with the screenshot. Super points if you can figure out why an undoctored screenshot would look like that.
  • edited May 2010
    Bonus points if anyone can spot what's wrong with the screenshot. Super points if you can figure out why an undoctored screenshot would look like that.
    I've never played the game, but the tube on the device on his back is pointing to his left in the papercraft thingie, and to his right in the screenshot.
    Presumably, the thing can rotate.
  • edited May 2010
    I'm not the only one annoyed, everyone that speaks up is shot down by pale man or guruguru.

And rightfully so. I think hearing some of you people whine and complain every other day is far more annoying than the lengthy wait. I'm still not complaining about that and I've been waiting for my paid product as long as any of you.

I'm really really getting tired of these threads.
  • edited May 2010
    And rightfully so. I think hearing some of you people whine and complain every other day is far more annoying than the lengthy wait. I'm still not complaining about that and I've been waiting for my paid product as long as any of you.

I'm really really getting tired of these threads.

Well stop posting on them so!:rolleyes:
  • edited May 2010
    Stop? But...this is the only one I've posted in...
  • edited May 2010
    Look people have a right to complain. The only reason there is still threads about it is because it been so long! So if your tired of these threads don't post on them
  • edited May 2010
    I'm not debating whether or not people have the right to do anything. I'm saying they're retarded for doing it and it's ticking me off.

I'll post where I please, thank you. Obviously you guys think you can post your inane babbling rantings whenever you please over what annoys you, so I'm equally within my rights to post my distaste for what annoys me: ridiculous and unfounded complaining to a company that has been better to its customers than most game companies have over the years. And if there's any reason for delay it's to enhance the quality of the product and we'll all be happy and laughing about this within a month after we've all received our copies.

Stop being impatient.
  • edited May 2010
    Also, we got free shipping then. Even with 50% off, some people would pay more if they had to pay for shipping (I'm one such person).
    Like me.
    At first I thought I really should have gotten the comic too during that action, but now I am glad I didn't, since it shipped (together with other goods) 3 days ago.

I suppose I can see why people would be saddened if they bought non-MI merch like that with their ToMI DVD, but if it's just for the DVD or MI merch (which isn't available yet either, is it?) than it's rather pointless...
  • edited May 2010
    I'm not debating whether or not people have the right to do anything. I'm saying they're retarded for doing it and it's ticking me off.

I'll post where I please, thank you. Obviously you guys think you can post your inane babbling rantings whenever you please over what annoys you, so I'm equally within my rights to post my distaste for what annoys me: ridiculous and unfounded complaining to a company that has been better to its customers than most game companies have over the years. And if there's any reason for delay it's to enhance the quality of the product and we'll all be happy and laughing about this within a month after we've all received our copies.

Stop being impatient.
    Wow thats a bit over the top................. Your retarded!:p
  • edited May 2010

Stop being impatient.

I couldnt agree more Im happy to wait since I played through them all first time and like you said any delay is for the quality of the game not them just holding it back for fun.
  • edited May 2010
    I'm happy to talk in circles on internet forums!
  • edited May 2010
    Steky wrote: »
    Wow thats a bit over the top................. Your retarded!:p

What about my retarded?

(another pet peeve I have is internet grammar and spelling)
  • edited May 2010
    I couldnt agree more Im happy to wait since I played through them all first time and like you said any delay is for the quality of the game not them just holding it back for fun.

But I didnt just order the DVD and none of the stuff can be shipped with out it.
  • edited May 2010
    What about my retarded?

(another pet peeve I have is internet grammar and spelling)

You can keep it. You'll need it
  • edited May 2010
    But I didnt just order the DVD and none of the stuff can be shipped with out it.

I ordered a bunch of stuff with it to for free shiping and cos I want thoes voodoo cards.
  • edited May 2010
    Remember Steky, you pre-ordered this DVD (and whatever other merchandise you bought). There was no set date for when you would receive it, you accepted this fact when you dished out the money.
  • edited May 2010
    I ordered a bunch of stuff with it to for free shiping and cos I want thoes voodoo cards.

Voodoo card?

v56000front.jpg
  • edited May 2010
    GuruAngry.jpg

Is it that you have the fairy ocarina for some reason even though the guru is only angry when you're an adult? I can't see anything else. Can't figure out why either, except gamesharking.
  • edited May 2010
    I thought it was because it's missing one of the yellow buttons, and that it was due to it being the gamecube version or something.

But I haven't played that game in so long, that's just a wild guess.

Also, the people defending telltale are starting to piss me off even though I'm on telltale's side. Congrats for being that annoying, guys.
    (Fury is still more annoying. When he does post.)
  • edited May 2010
    The Gamecube version? I have 3 versions (N64 grey cart, GCN OOT + Master Quest, GCN Zelda Collector's Edition) and they're all the same except for the location of button assignments (Z or L targeting) and the "Please Wait" dialogue when saving. Well, OOT Master Quest is different, but only concerning puzzles, just like NES Legend of Zelda's second quest.
    30009981.png72103584.png58491852.png

The GCN's C Stick functions the same as the N64's four C Buttons in OOT. The fourth direction (up) always assigned to contacting Navi, so it's not supposed to appear on the screen until she's trying to talk to you (however annoying that is.)

Umm... I'm not sure the answer, but I would say that his eyes are screwed up and it's because the game is the N64's Gold cartridge version which still had a few bugs? (and capable of being hacked)
    84170545.png
  • edited May 2010

GuruAngry.jpg

is it cos you only have 3 hearts and but have a bow and master sowrd? like if you became an adult early useing the glitch where you an get through the door to time early?
  • edited May 2010
    Also, the people defending telltale are starting to piss me off even though I'm on telltale's side. Congrats for being that annoying, guys.
    (Fury is still more annoying. When he does post.)

I'm not really defending Telltale so much as I'm just expressing my frustration at such annoyance at the very thought of attacking Telltale for such a stupid reason.
  • edited May 2010
    Ehhh... It'll come when it comes. That's my philosophy. This also gives me an excuse to try out Republic Commando while I'm waiting. And read this cool book about phage genetics. I think I'll go do that now.:D
  • edited May 2010
    is it cos you only have 3 hearts and but have a bow and master sowrd? like if you became an adult early useing the glitch where you an get through the door to time early?

Glitch? what glitch? I've never done that before.

edit: WAIT! Not only does it only have 3 hearts, but also the kokiri ocarina instead of the Ocarina of Time. You need the Ocarina of Time to get the Master Sword.

What glitch? how is that possible?

Also, it is possible to get the Master Sword with only 3 hearts, if you never pick up the heart containers after boss fights. It still doesn't explain having the first ocarina and the master sword at the same time.
  • edited May 2010
    Chyron8472 wrote: »
    I'ma start counting the days.

At most 13 12 more days for them to start shipping.
  • edited May 2010
    I'm not really defending Telltale so much as I'm just expressing my frustration at such annoyance at the very thought of attacking Telltale for such a stupid reason.

I don’t see how saying that TTG are taking a long time getting this DVD out, is attacking Telltale! It’s been 3 months and we were led to believe it be out in April. You would think people are saying TTG are shit!!
    You need to chill out and stop calling people inane retards!! :eek:
  • edited May 2010
    And complaining and repeating the same thing over and over again will make it come out faster?
  • edited May 2010
    Giant Tope wrote: »
    And complaining and repeating the same thing over and over again will make it come out faster?

No but maybe some one from Telltale will give us some info
  • edited May 2010
    About what specifically?
  • edited May 2010
    Glitch? what glitch? I've never done that before.

edit: WAIT! Not only does it only have 3 hearts, but also the kokiri ocarina instead of the Ocarina of Time. You need the Ocarina of Time to get the Master Sword.

What glitch? how is that possible?

Also, it is possible to get the Master Sword with only 3 hearts, if you never pick up the heart containers after boss fights. It still doesn't explain having the first ocarina and the master sword at the same time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HsOMC8X9unc&feature=related
  • edited May 2010
    When can we expect shipment? Why the hold up?
  • edited May 2010
    When can we expect shipment? Why the hold up?

By the end of May. Production took longer than initially estimated. Next question?
  • edited May 2010
    Pale Man wrote: »
    By the end of May. Production took longer than initially estimated. Next question?

Were did you get that info man?
  • edited May 2010
    Giant Tope wrote: »
    About what specifically?

about what is holding things up and/or whether it really will start shipping by the end of May. I know you don't have a deadline for this, but I can guarantee you that, as businesses, TTG and the manufacturers DO have deadlines, otherwise the TTG employees could be as lazy as they wanted regardless of the management's intent, and the manufacturer has to give TTG a better estimate on completion other than "we'll get to it when we get to it."

some people don't like being kept in the dark. don't bitch at them for being annoyed that things are taking much longer than originally reported. people are more content to wait if they know why they are waiting.
  • edited May 2010
    I love it when people demand answers to questions that have already been answered.
  • edited May 2010

From the multiple posts TTG staffers have made on the subject on the forums, as well as the email they sent out.
  • edited May 2010

*facepalm* how many times has this been asked an answered in this thread?
    iW6W9.jpg
  • edited May 2010
    some people don't like being kept in the dark. don't bitch at them for being annoyed that things are taking much longer than originally reported. people are more content to wait if they know why they are waiting.

:[ I wasn't asking an aggressive question. People kept asking: WE WANT INFO WE WANT INFO! And I thought that was a bit too vague, so I thought that it might have been easier to reach an understanding if they had been more clear as to what they wanted.

sorry if i sounded rude.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.