Monkey Island DVD Never Arriving? [it's shipping now]

1464748495052»

Comments

• edited August 2010
    got a notice that i have to pay 7 euros for customs...
    since i did not order anything else... this means my copy has arrived... :)
  • edited August 2010
    Still nothing here and mine was shipped the beginning of July.

I am sure it will be here soon. ;)

*patience my dear*
  • edited August 2010
    I received mine! Thank you Telltale!
    It took about 2 weeks for Telltale to ship it since I placed the order and another 2 weeks to get to New Zealand by USPS.
  • edited August 2010
    Macfly77 wrote: »
    If you pre-ordered it on June 3, 2009, you pre-ordered the downloads and not the DVD, which has only been available for pre-order since March 11, 2010.
    Buying the downloadable season entitles you to a free DVD (plus shipping costs), but you still have to order it (from this page)!

That is what we have been trying to tell you. We made the order back in 2009, and our free DVD was not available until about a month ago when we got an email about our FREE DVD being ready.

Why would we pay for something we are going to get for free?

But when we finally receive this e-mail telling us it is finally available we are also told that we could for an extra cost, order the deluxe edition as long as we did so before the 31/7.

But of course if Presto actually have not ordered the DVD, then he has a whole other problem about reading what he was pre-ordering. And he should have read the email he should also have received about the preorder free DVD being ready for order. But I do not think that order was ready March 11. If so, I was not told. Being part of my original deal, I do expect to receive a notice about such things. Seems like a fair service. I expect they have had much to do though.
  • Macfly77Macfly77 Moderator
    edited August 2010
    kblood wrote: »
    That is what we have been trying to tell you. We made the order back in 2009, and our free DVD was not available until about a month ago when we got an email about our FREE DVD being ready.

Why would we pay for something we are going to get for free?

But when we finally receive this e-mail telling us it is finally available we are also told that we could for an extra cost, order the deluxe edition as long as we did so before the 31/7.

But of course if Presto actually have not ordered the DVD, then he has a whole other problem about reading what he was pre-ordering. And he should have read the email he should also have received about the preorder free DVD being ready for order. But I do not think that order was ready March 11. If so, I was not told. Being part of my original deal, I do expect to receive a notice about such things. Seems like a fair service. I expect they have had much to do though.
    The order might not have been ready for shipping on March 11 (the standard version only started shipping in early June, the Deluxe Version a little while later), but I definitely pre-ordered mine on March 11 (the DVD, not the downloads, which I pre-ordered on June 1, 2009).
    You will only receive notices if you sign up for them on this page.
    As for the question "Why would we pay for something we are going to get for free?", I'm not sure what you mean as the DVD was already free for people who bought the downloadable season as soon as it was available for pre-order (March 11, 2010) and will remain free for those people until such time as Telltale no longer exists (I don't want to think about a world without Telltale :eek:).
  • edited August 2010
    Got a customs card through the door today! :D

£11 needs paying but at least I am almost there with getting the goodies! Will have to wait until Monday to get it though as the office was already shut by the time the postman delivered the card.
  • edited August 2010
    Macfly77 wrote: »
    The order might not have been ready for shipping on March 11 (the standard version only started shipping in early June, the Deluxe Version a little while later), but I definitely pre-ordered mine on March 11 (the DVD, not the downloads, which I pre-ordered on June 1, 2009).
    You will only receive notices if you sign up for them on this page.
    As for the question "Why would we pay for something we are going to get for free?", I'm not sure what you mean as the DVD was already free for people who bought the downloadable season as soon as it was available for pre-order (March 11, 2010) and will remain free for those people until such time as Telltale no longer exists (I don't want to think about a world without Telltale :eek:).

That is not what the email notice said. Also it said that the offer would stop at the end of June. So no "forever free DVD" there. I would have kept waiting if I could get the Deluxe package instead, but there was a time limit, and I even ordered 1 or 2 days too late, because I was hoping for news on the problems with the Deluxe edition.

Yes, if I had hogged these forums as you obviously have, I probably could have ordered the package a week or two before I went on vacation. I just did not get the email before June 10th. But I guess I might have misunderstood the:
    All these items and more are currently in stock. Offer expires July 31, 2010.

Since they probably only regarded the "extras". Too late now, since my DVD is on the way. Coming from the US, it will probably still be a few weeks before it arrives.
  • edited August 2010
    Wasn't the offer in question the free shipping for orders over 50 dollars or something?
    edited August 2010
    Avistew wrote: »
    Wasn't the offer in question the free shipping for orders over 50 dollars or something?

That's what I thought, but apparently, some people (possibly customers who had yet to order the TOMI DVD?) received an e-mail saying that they could for an extra cost, order the deluxe edition as long as they did so before the 31/7.
    I, for one, do not remember receiving that e-mail, even though I'm subscribed to every Telltale News Digests imaginable (except for CSI).
  • edited August 2010
    This is the email I got in March (having, up to that point bought the downloadable season):
    Hey there, Tales of Monkey Island season owner...
    Free Monkey Island DVD Now Available for Order!

The Tales of Monkey Island DVD

is coming! This disc will contain both the PC and Mac version of the game, along with design team commentaries, trailers, wallpapers, and more! Since you bought the season, you can get the DVD for free (just pay shipping)!

» Pre-Order Now!

Spend $50, get free shipping!

Through midnight PST on March 28th, you can get free shipping (worldwide!) on your order if you add $50 dollars worth of games or merch to your cart. To aid you in this, we have loads of new Tales of Monkey Island merchandise available for pre-order in our store. Take a look at our Voodoo card set, new pin packs and more below! Offer exludes orders with posters/prints.
    Get the DVD!

Upgrade to the Tales of Monkey Island Deluxe Edition!

Get the Deluxe Bundle!

Just can't get enough? Get the Tales of Monkey Island Deluxe Edition: Those who didn't get the special Steve Purcell DVD slipcase during the season pre-order can get it in this fantastic bundle! Along with the exclusive slipcase, the deluxe edition includes a voodoo card, Gulf of Melange map, a piece of eight, a drink coaster from Club 41, and a souvenir button! These precious artifacts will only cost $14.95 for season customers like you!
    » Get the Deluxe Edition!

Items expected to ship in Spring 2010.

At that point, I paid the extra to upgrade to the deluxe edition.

p.s. Just getting ready to go down the sorting office to pick my parcel up. :D
  • edited August 2010
    Hi there, I have bought TOMI and SMI three months ago but still I haven't received the package. I have sent you many e-mails (issue 33842) but never had a response.
    Please let me know something
    thanks
    edited August 2010
    limones wrote: »
    Hi there, I have bought TOMI and SMI three months ago but still I haven't received the package. I have sent you many e-mails (issue 33842) but never had a response.
    Please let me know something
    thanks

Just to be clear:
    There is no DVD for SMI, just a download.
    As for TOMI, did you order the downloads or the DVD (when you look on this page, does your invoice say "Tales of Monkey Island" or does it say Tales of Monkey Island Standard DVD - or Tales of Monkey Island Deluxe Edition)?
  • edited August 2010
    It says "TOMI + standard dvd"
    edited August 2010
    limones wrote: »
    It says "TOMI + standard dvd"

OK.
    What is the order status (check on this page)?
    Has it shipped? If so, when and where to?
    Whether it has shipped or not, if you haven't received a reply to your ticket, you might want to post the ticket number in this thread, that Telltale monitors more closely than others.
  • edited August 2010
    has anyone received the first set of pins yet?
    i got my deluxe edition, but the first set of pins is still missing...
  • harringtonvoharringtonvo Verified
    edited August 2010
    Made a video anyways to visualize it.
    Video starts at the start (kinda as prove that I am not switching versions).
    So just skip to the 04:00 mark.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ITbYhkGnJjw

As I say in the discription, I hope TTG will make a downloadable patch to fix the Harrington lines back to the Earl Boen lines.

This is fascinating! First time I've heard Earl's Overdub of one of my Le Chuck scenes. It's not easy to voice a character that has already been animated, matching the video can be tough. I know I've had to do it from time to time. Earl really impressed me with the sync.
  • edited September 2010
    The link to the DVD on the shop redirects me to the store's main site. What's wrong?
    http://www.telltalegames.com/store/tomi-dvd-standard
  • edited October 2010
    I just sent this via email, but I read that some people didn't get any replies that way, so I'm writing here too.

I ordered the Tales of Monkey Island DVD with Steve Purcell slipcase (Order #600053732908708) back in March 12, 2010. Using the tracking number provided by the store (LN04 7860 152U S) I get the following information:

"The U.S. Postal Service was electronically notified by the shipper on June 09, 2010 to expect your package for mailing. This does not indicate receipt by the USPS or the actual mailing date. Delivery status information will be provided if / when available. No further information is available for this item."

With no further info I don't know if my order was ever shipped. I'm used to order things from the United States (I'm in Brazil) and I know it is common to have items arriving up to two months after shipped. But I guess it is taking too much time now. Could you, please, inform me if there is anything wrong with my order?

Thanks in advance.
  • edited October 2010
    Bubblechan wrote: »
    I received mine! Thank you Telltale!
    It took about 2 weeks for Telltale to ship it since I placed the order and another 2 weeks to get to New Zealand by USPS.
    It took about the same for me as well for it to arrive down here in NZ :)
  • edited November 2010
    Still waiting on my Deluxe Edition + Drinking Vessel. Ordered on the 8th of October, site says shipped on the 12th.

USPS still says "Status: Electronic Shipping Info Received".

Guess I have another month to wait still?
  • edited November 2010
    I may be tempting fate here, but I'm astounded that I haven't seen a Sam & Max version of this thread yet. Maybe I'm just not paying enough attention.
  • edited June 2011
    O_O I purchased the pre-order of Monkey Island last year, and never received the DVD. I've given up waiting since. Telltale is shit fullstop.
  • edited June 2011
    I may be tempting fate here, but I'm astounded that I haven't seen a Sam & Max version of this thread yet. Maybe I'm just not paying enough attention.

I guess everyone got there copy really quick.
  • edited June 2011
    coolsome wrote: »
    I guess everyone got there copy really quick.

"their" not "there"
  • edited June 2011
    O_O I purchased the pre-order of Monkey Island last year, and never received the DVD. I've given up waiting since. Telltale is shit fullstop.

Er, did you actually order the DVD itself and pay for postage? When you pre-order or order a season, the DVD is not automagically shipped to you when available, you have to make a separate order for that. If you already own the ToMI downloadable season, you can still order the DVD for free, and just pay for postage.
  • edited June 2011
    I can't remember if i did or not this was ages ago-- but thanks for the suggestion.
  • edited June 2011
    May I ask why you didn't contact the support back then?
    edited June 2011
    I can't remember if i did or not this was ages ago-- but thanks for the suggestion.
    This page has a recap of your games and orders (the orders are under "Stuff You've Bought: a retrospective").
    If your order just says "Tales of Monkey Island" with no mention of a "Standard DVD" or "Deluxe Edition", then you did not order the DVD.
    You can still get it for free (plus shipping) from this page.
  • edited June 2011
    Eh, this thread brings back horrible, horrible memories. But, at the same time, I do sort of miss them. It at least provided a bit of excitement on these boards, and we still got to talk about a genuinely interesting game...

Even the bad memories make me want to have the old 'Tales' days back.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.