Monkey Island DVD Never Arriving? [it's shipping now]

Comments

• edited July 2010
    That message you see is the only one you'll see. It doesn't change when your package is shipped. So it's probably already on its way.

Thanks again :):):)

Now if I could scratch that itch to open the deluxe edition right now I would be happier :D:p
  • edited July 2010
    Strangely mine was shipped even before my brother's package shipped, and his one arrived almost a week ago, mine still hasn't...
  • edited July 2010
    Strangely mine was shipped even before my brother's package shipped, and his one arrived almost a week ago, mine still hasn't...

You're kidding, right? I got mine two weeks ago...
  • edited July 2010
    I hope so!

" Max & Crossbones T-Shirt - Extra Large
    Tales of Monkey Island Deluxe Edition "

I also can't wait for my MAx t-shirt.

I received my ToMI DVD today, but the Max and Crossbones t-shirt didn't arrive. Is there a shortage of those t-shirts or am I the only one who did not get it?

Online order status says that both were shipped at the same time, but the invoice that came with the DVD says the t-shirt is on backorder. I'm confused now. :(
  • edited July 2010
    Mermaid wrote: »
    You're kidding, right? I got mine two weeks ago...
    Ah great... so mine is officially lost then?
  • edited July 2010
    Hello

This is my first post here, and please be lenient because I'm French and I'm not good in English.

My package shipped on June 30 but I still have not received it at the present time...

The USPS page (track & confirm) says :
    The U.S. Postal Service was electronically notified by the shipper on July 1, 2010 to expect your package for mailing. This does not indicate receipt by the USPS or the actual mailing date. Delivery status information will be provided if / when available. Information, if available, is updated periodically throughout the day. Please check again later.

I'm starting to get quite worried!

What should I do?! (I mailed Telltale... But no answser)
  • edited July 2010
    @ Laser: Sjeesh... German postal totally sucks, doesn't it?

Glad I live in the Netherlands. Small distance, huge leap in lesser delivery times from TTG.
  • Macfly77Macfly77 Moderator
    edited July 2010
    fal1 wrote: »
    Hello

This is my first post here, and please be lenient because I'm French and I'm not good in English.

My package shipped on June 30 but I still have not received it at the present time...

The USPS page (track & confirm) says :
    The U.S. Postal Service was electronically notified by the shipper on July 1, 2010 to expect your package for mailing. This does not indicate receipt by the USPS or the actual mailing date. Delivery status information will be provided if / when available. Information, if available, is updated periodically throughout the day. Please check again later.

I'm starting to get quite worried!

What should I do?! (I mailed Telltale... But no answser)

While the USPS message might look worrying, it is the standard message that everyone (who tried to track their package) has seen at one point or another.
    International Priority has no tracking number, just a delivery confirmation and the status doesn't get updated until after delivery of the package (if at all), which can take up to 6 weeks to Europe.
    It's almost time to start worrying, but not just yet.
    Wait a couple more weeks, then try contacting Telltale's customer service again.

En français:
    Bien que le message d'USPS semble inquiétant, c'est le message normal que tout le monde (qui essaie de suivre son paquet) a vu à un moment ou l'autre.
    Le service "International Priority" ne permet pas de suivre le paquet et ne propose qu'une confirmation de livraison. L'état n'est donc mis à jour qu'après la livraison (et parfois pas du tout) et la livraison en Europe peut prendre jusque 6 semaines.
    il est presque temps de t'inquiéter, mais pas encore.
    Attends 2 semaines et puis, essaie de recontacter le service clientèle de Telltale.
  • edited July 2010
    Thanks / merci (ça me rassure un peu).
  • edited July 2010
    evil_spock wrote: »
    I received my ToMI DVD today, but the Max and Crossbones t-shirt didn't arrive. Is there a shortage of those t-shirts or am I the only one who did not get it?

Online order status says that both were shipped at the same time, but the invoice that came with the DVD says the t-shirt is on backorder. I'm confused now. :(

Yep. Same with me.

I've got half a mind to contact support and let them change the t-shirt for a season 2 case file -if the shirt really is still backordered, they could do that, right?

EDIT: Or even better: Puzzle Agent! Nothing needs to be shipped anymore, and I'm willing to buy a 10 dollar game for double the prize to get this mess over with.

DOUBLE EDIT: or Secret of Monkey Island SE. Same diff.

THREE EDITS IS BETTER THAN THREE POSTS: It actually says 'Please contact support@telltalegames.com' on the invoice, so that's what I'm going to do.
  • edited July 2010
    Yay, my customs form arrived today... although the date on it says, that they got it a week ago. The postal service really sucks. Gonna pick it up tomorrow.
  • edited July 2010
    Yay, my customs form arrived today... although the date on it says, that they got it a week ago. The postal service really sucks. Gonna pick it up tomorrow.

You know what this means, right? They've unpacked it, played the game themselves, repacked it and then send the form to you. Those bastards.
  • edited July 2010
    Don't tell me something like that... don't!!! AAAAARRRRGGGGHH!!!!

mad_angry_furious_envy_homer_simpson.jpg
  • edited July 2010
    Don't tell me something like that... don't!!! AAAAARRRRGGGGHH!!!!

mad_angry_furious_envy_homer_simpson.jpg

That scared me. :(
  • edited July 2010
    But that's Homer... Homer, you know? With the Ho? And the Mer? Like in Mermaid?
  • edited July 2010
    But that's Homer... Homer, you know? With the Ho? And the Mer? Like in Mermaid?

But he's all green and aggressive looking. I want him to be the harmless goofy donut loving guy. You gave me a poxed Homer!
  • edited July 2010
    It's more like a "Hulk" Homer. You know, when the Hulk gets angry he turns all green and rips through his shirt etc...
  • edited July 2010
    You know, when the Hulk gets angry he turns all green and rips through his shirt etc...
    Really? Tell me more! :p
  • edited July 2010
    It was for Mermaid's benefit....seeing as she didn't seem to "get it". Unless she's just pretending not to....kinda like you're doing now.
  • edited July 2010
    Finally all my stuff is here:

ToMI Deluxe Chest
    Voodoo Cards
    ToMI Art Portfolio
    Surfin' the Highway Paperback

Altogether 18 Euros import tax, although the guy told me that the downloaded ToMI-episodes would actually have to be added to that as well, but he "ignored" that.
  • edited July 2010

ToMI Deluxe Chest
    Voodoo Cards
    ToMI Art Portfolio

Altogether 18 Euros import tax, although the guy told me that the downloaded ToMI-episodes would actually have to be added to that as well, but he "ignored" that.

geez, you europeans get screwed over with imports, don't you?

wait, were they seriously considering charging you for downloaded content?
  • edited July 2010
    wait, were they seriously considering charging you for downloaded content?
    Yep, after all I "imported" it...
  • edited July 2010
    Yep, after all I "imported" it...

thats a massive scam. seriously, that's criminal, to charge for the downloaded episodes of a game. they shouldn't even be able to get away with charging that much to import it!
  • edited July 2010
    thats a massive scam. seriously, that's criminal, to charge for the downloaded episodes of a game. they shouldn't even be able to get away with charging that much to import it!

The tax is there to make people buy less from other countries, so it applies on services and digital stuff as well. Not that I like paying it, or bother telling about my every transaction online that might not be with someone in Denmark.

I am just sad I can't get the deluxe edition, or any reason as to why it wont add to the basket / shop cart thingie. Is it sold out? Seems all I am getting now is the box, and since I have to pay so much getting it to Europe, and preordering the whole season, I would have loved that extra stuff as well. This is just something that I can look at then put it on a shelf.

Can I email Telltale about it? I have ordered the dvd now, the non deluxe one. Even though I am not even sure I find it worth the shipment cost. I just havent gotten any answers on the forums about it, I would have expected some kind of announcement for a website bug that has been there for two weeks I think it is now.
  • edited July 2010
    pluizig wrote: »
    Yep. Same with me.

I've got half a mind to contact support and let them change the t-shirt for a season 2 case file -if the shirt really is still backordered, they could do that, right?

THREE EDITS IS BETTER THAN THREE POSTS: It actually says 'Please contact support@telltalegames.com' on the invoice, so that's what I'm going to do.

I'll contact the support as well and let you know if I'll manage to squeeze some info about the lack of those shirts. I'm in no hurry, but I still want my t-shirt someday.
  • edited July 2010

ToMI Deluxe Chest
    Voodoo Cards
    ToMI Art Portfolio

That's evil. How can they charge for the downloaded episodes? That's not even part of the invoice, is it? It has nothing to do with something being shipped to your door. Your internet provider is already charging you to access websites from other countries why should the postal office get involved with that?

That's seriously messed up.
  • edited July 2010
    That's not even part of the invoice, is it?
    Well, the invoice carries the ToMI DVD at $0.00 and that got him asking... and I foolishly explained the whole download thing to him. But hey, he was sport and let it slip.

By the way, the import tax is basically the VAT of 19% you would pay when buying stuff inside the country, although of course the prices are lower to start with, so the added 19% just make up the final price.

Anyway, I don't care, I got my stuff and I'm happy!
  • edited July 2010
    Well, the invoice carries the ToMI DVD at $0.00 and that got him asking... and I foolishly explained the whole download thing to him. But hey, he was sport and let it slip.

Next time tell him you found a really super-awesome coupon.
  • edited July 2010
    xbskid wrote: »
    Next time tell him you found a really super-awesome coupon.

haha, yes!
  • edited August 2010
    waaaa.. i've just finished the entire game of ToMI... the ending was a cliff hanger >_< will there be sequel? Telletale should make one! :D
  • edited August 2010
    Was soo happy to come home and unpack my brown box, to find the Monkey Island Treasure chest and Voodoo Cards Inside.

Next thing I am going to do is get the rest of the stuff from their store, I need to get the 2 Button sets, a T-Shirt and the Mug. I am also thinking about getting the signed poster, what could be more cool than to have Monkey Island haning on the wall Signed by Purcell himself. :)
  • edited August 2010
    Was soo happy to come home and unpack my brown box, to find the Monkey Island Treasure chest and Voodoo Cards Inside.

Next thing I am going to do is get the rest of the stuff from their store, I need to get the 2 Button sets, a T-Shirt and the Mug. I am also thinking about getting the signed poster, what could be more cool than to have Monkey Island haning on the wall Signed by Purcell himself. :)

Having the actual Island on your wall? Or having Steve Purcell hanging on your wall, forced to draw you pictures to help you through the day? And tell you what happens in The City that Dares Not Sleep? I could go on and on...

GET BACK TO WORK, PURCELL! DID I SAY YOU COULD STOP?!
  • edited August 2010
    <spoiler (mild)>

i really feel the skull paint on the face of voodoo lady has something do with the charm belt buckle of lechuck..... which morgan bring something to the voodoo lady which inside the bottle you'll see the belt buckle in it....

28wjc01.jpg

what do you guys think?
  • edited August 2010
    Garz wrote: »
    i really feel the skull paint on the face of voodoo lady has something do with the charm belt buckle of lechuck..... which morgan bring something to the voodoo lady which inside the bottle you'll see the belt buckle in it....

what do you guys think?

I don't think it matches.
  • edited August 2010
    Having the actual Island on your wall? Or having Steve Purcell hanging on your wall, forced to draw you pictures to help you through the day? And tell you what happens in The City that Dares Not Sleep? I could go on and on...

GET BACK TO WORK, PURCELL! DID I SAY YOU COULD STOP?!

As nice as all that sounds, I think I will be happy enough with just the Signed Poster. :)
  • edited August 2010
    Well i'm still waiting for the original Tales of Monkey Island DVD to arrive after pre-ordering it on 3rd June 2009! I'm in the UK so can see why I've not got it sooner. Is there anyone else in the same boat (or ship) as me?
  • Macfly77Macfly77 Moderator
    edited August 2010
    Pesto wrote: »
    Well i'm still waiting for the original Tales of Monkey Island DVD to arrive after pre-ordering it on 3rd June 2009! I'm in the UK so can see why I've not got it sooner. Is there anyone else in the same boat (or ship) as me?

If you pre-ordered it on June 3, 2009, you pre-ordered the downloads and not the DVD, which has only been available for pre-order since March 11, 2010.
    Buying the downloadable season entitles you to a free DVD (plus shipping costs), but you still have to order it (from this page)!
  • edited August 2010
    Yay, the package is finally here. One question though, why did I have to 18 euro for postage? I already paid for postage way back when I ordered the whole thing.
  • edited August 2010
    Igl85 wrote: »
    Yay, the package is finally here. One question though, why did I have to 18 euro for postage? I already paid for postage way back when I ordered the whole thing.

That was probably customs tax, not postage.
  • edited August 2010
    yeah, just came home and saw the receipt. It was customs. Still yaaaay :D
Sign in to comment in this discussion.