Monkey Island DVD Never Arriving? [it's shipping now]

Comments

• edited July 2010
    Mine arrived 2 weeks ago, but I am still in England, so I can't open it untill Saturday next week. :p

So I have something cool waiting for me at home.
  • edited July 2010
    explain

Nail polish will glue it together so it doesn't fray (which, sharp scissors or not, it probably will at some point if you just leave it that way). Transparent so you can't see it.
  • edited July 2010
    How ironic that a nice Piratey game (no.5) should be blighted by customs duty - commiserations to all thus afflicted/I was lucky in UK ... I guess it's almost time having fondled the Deluxe wares to open the DVD (have STEAM files on other computers...).

I guess it's time to download the SE MI 1 + 2 now to go with my old original Amiga 1 + 2 boxes etc (play beautifully on PCs from old XP to new fast 64 bit Win 7 via great Amiga Cloanto emulator)....
  • edited July 2010
    Avistew wrote: »
    Nail polish will glue it together so it doesn't fray (which, sharp scissors or not, it probably will at some point if you just leave it that way). Transparent so you can't see it.

ahh. makes sense. ill pick some up tomorrow. just a little bit then?
  • edited July 2010
    Just got mine in the post today. Came in perfect condition, really impressed as I live in the UK and most other stuff that hasn't even come from overseas gets badly damaged. This was really well packaged so kudos to Telltale, didn't have to pay any extra either!

Only dissapointment for me is the coaster... it is just a cardboard circle and no way am I putting a drink on it, any spillages would destroy it! Also, my map (like someone else mentioned) has a few small splodges here and there, as if some extra ink dropped onto it or something. Overall though, a great special edition.
  • edited July 2010
    ahh. makes sense. ill pick some up tomorrow. just a little bit then?

Yeah, just a tiny bit at the edge so it stays together.
  • edited July 2010
    So I just checked my DVD. There is no DVD video part? All PC? What happened?
  • edited July 2010
    Zodler wrote: »
    So I just checked my DVD. There is no DVD video part? All PC? What happened?

because of having the mac games as well, they couldnt make it work on dvd players. im making my own dvd from the files though.
  • edited July 2010
    Yay mine arrived the other day.
    Mum was like: "is that a Monkey Island game?"
    Me: (grinning) "maybe..."

Thank you Telltale Games, you're definitely on my Christmas card list this year.

And I think I understand why it took so long to manufacture o_O

Have you seen the LucasArts propaganda plastered all over the game and the other Deluxe goodies. And if there wasn't a TTG copyright on one, LucasArts didn't hesitate to ensure every corner was covered with their label.
  • edited July 2010
    because of having the mac games as well, they couldnt make it work on dvd players. im making my own dvd from the files though.

I'm not too familiar with that issue. What incompatibility is there between DVD-Video and Mac software?
  • edited July 2010
    It's some sort of hybrid disc that has a Windows section and a Mac section. This, I assume, is what keeps the disc from having a hybrid format for a Windows section and a DVD section.
  • edited July 2010
    It's some sort of hybrid disc that has a Windows section and a Mac section. This, I assume, is what keeps the disc from having a hybrid format for a Windows section and a DVD section.

I see now (Just loaded it up in Isobuster). There's ISO and UDF filesystems for Windows boxes, and then there's an HFS filesystem for Macs. If they wanted DVD-Video, they'd have to put the VIDEO_TS folder on the disc twice. I guess they couldn't find a way to put both PC and Mac installs on one filesystem that worked for them.
  • edited July 2010
    DVD format is a standard. There is no DVD format for mac. A DVD Video will work on any system.
  • edited July 2010
    Zodler wrote: »
    DVD format is a standard. There is no DVD format for mac. A DVD Video will work on any system.

I'm aware there's no OS-specific DVD format. I was just pointing out that if Telltale decided to do a DVD-Video portion, it would either not be easily viewable or it would be impossible to watch on OSX (Since OSX would be defaulting to the HFS filesystem and I -think- DVD-Video requires UDF).
  • edited July 2010
    Finally got my Deluxe Treasure Chest this weekend :D

Decided to go to the post office associated with my street address and after a good 10 minutes of digging around in the back muttering something about never having heard of a tracking number starting with LN they came through to the front with a box roughly large enough to hold a game box!

Now the tough decision of whether to finish playing CoMI and EfMI first (now that I'm done with the two new special editions) or to dive straight back into Tales... :rolleyes:
  • edited July 2010
    Hamstah wrote: »
    Finally got my Deluxe Treasure Chest this weekend :D

Decided to go to the post office associated with my street address and after a good 10 minutes of digging around in the back muttering something about never having heard of a tracking number starting with LN they came through to the front with a box roughly large enough to hold a game box!

Now the tough decision of whether to finish playing CoMI and EfMI first (now that I'm done with the two new special editions) or to dive straight back into Tales... :rolleyes:
    I would finish Curse, then have a look at some of the special features of Tales, then do escape and Tales.
  • edited July 2010
    It is nice to enjoy what you have paid for/ordered.

I am sorry that I made the fierce haranguing bullies on this Forum terrorize me by my appropriately complaining (for my £59 to Steam-TellTale for Monkey 5) that I had after 4 months not received my Deluxe TOMI.

May Monkey be enjoyable again for all in the future, like it was for us back in about 1990 on 4 half-capacity floppies.

G.T. (ex-Ms Elaine)
  • edited July 2010

I am sorry that I made the fierce haranguing bullies on this Forum terrorize me by my appropriately complaining (for my £59 to Steam-TellTale for Monkey 5) that I had after 4 months not received my Deluxe TOMI.

May Monkey be enjoyable again for all in the future, like it was for us back in about 1990 on 4 half-capacity floppies.

G.T. (ex-Ms Elaine)

3 of those 4 months (at least) were told to you that the dvd would be unavailable, so technically you waited 1 month after when you were told it would begin shipping out.

i wouldnt call your complaining appropriate given that we were told, nor would i say that the people who corrected you are "fierce haranguing bullies" who terrorized you
  • edited July 2010

G.T. (ex-Ms Elaine)

When you come to a forum making false claims, or complaints with faulty premises, people tend to correct you. Only very arrogant people think of that as "bullying".
  • edited July 2010
    37894_143129049046469_100000481235012_340427_3484964_n.jpg

I got my package last week was made up when I seen it,I'm going to start collecting Monkey Island stuff when I save a bit more money.

Here is the other items in my collection so far....Tis a bootyful sight agghhhh

37898_143130339046340_100000481235012_340433_688529_n.jpg

Thanks Telltale games.

:guybrush::winslow:
  • edited July 2010
    Still waiting for mine.
  • edited July 2010
    Yay.

154467a0667672b655cc7d1dda685a53.jpg

9f2b970470ac7ca57047e7ba68e4c43b.jpg

ps. CaptKevinKID what's that near the mug and the card? the thing rated E for Everyone.
  • edited July 2010
    that's the voodoo card set
  • edited July 2010
    37894_143129049046469_100000481235012_340427_3484964_n.jpg

I got my package last week was made up when I seen it,I'm going to start collecting Monkey Island stuff when I save a bit more money.

Here is the other items in my collection so far....Tis a bootyful sight agghhhh

37898_143130339046340_100000481235012_340433_688529_n.jpg

Thanks Telltale games.

:guybrush::winslow:

you've made me post a picture of all my monkey stuff when it comes. i hope you're happy!
  • edited July 2010
    Ok, here my unboxing video ;)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-pfRoRjVn7Q
  • edited July 2010
    mine was delivered the day i got home from my holiday, unfortunately i got in that night so missed ot, also it went through customs, so i have to pay the fee, also the card that was left informing me of this didnt state how much i owe so i cant pay royal mail! now i have to wait for a reply from their customer support, woohoo, I only have 3 weeks until they return to sender
  • edited July 2010
    grog88 wrote: »

Neato. At first I was like "isn't that a little bit exaggerated?" but it was nice to watch.
  • edited July 2010

*lol* That was fun. But why do you say "Thank you"? You paid for that box. :D
  • edited July 2010
    Mermaid wrote: »
    *lol* That was fun. But why do you say "Thank you"? You paid for that box. :D

I paid for ONE Deluxe Edition...:D
  • edited July 2010

You lucky bastard ;)
  • edited July 2010
    I'm still waiting for mine, though the USPS still says they are expecting a package... *cries*
  • edited July 2010
    I'm still waiting for mine, though the USPS still says they are expecting a package... *cries*

as long as you ordered the deluxe edition, its worth the wait.
  • edited July 2010
    hi guys. just got my deluxe edition package yesterday, i picked it up at the post office near our place. it's really worth the wait, all items inside the package are cool!

im just now installing the game, one question, to play this game do we still need to insert the cd or no need of cd to play??? :) thanks guys
  • edited July 2010
    Garz wrote: »
    im just now installing the game, one question, to play this game do we still need to insert the cd or no need of cd to play??? :) thanks guys

You shouldn't need the disc to play ToMI's disc version.
  • edited July 2010
    as long as you ordered the deluxe edition, its worth the wait.

I hope so!

" Max & Crossbones T-Shirt - Extra Large
    Tales of Monkey Island Deluxe Edition "

I also can't wait for my MAx t-shirt.

Should I contact telltale because the USPS claims " The U.S. Postal Service was electronically notified by the shipper on July 14, 2010 to expect your package for mailing. "

?
  • edited July 2010

hey grog :D saw ur unboxing video.. i saw in the box there's 2 deluxe edition of ToMI, so u bought 2 of them? ;)
  • edited July 2010
    xbskid wrote: »
    You shouldn't need the disc to play ToMI's disc version.

ah.. that's great. thanks!
  • edited July 2010
    I hope so!

" Max & Crossbones T-Shirt - Extra Large
    Tales of Monkey Island Deluxe Edition "

I also can't wait for my MAx t-shirt.

Should I contact telltale because the USPS claims " The U.S. Postal Service was electronically notified by the shipper on July 14, 2010 to expect your package for mailing. "

?
    No.

I'd give a bigger answer but I'd rather keep it as a surprise, so I'll just say that you should never ever bother anyone you ordered anything from about that status.
  • edited July 2010
    NeatNit wrote: »
    No.

I'd give a bigger answer but I'd rather keep it as a surprise, so I'll just say that you should never ever bother anyone you ordered anything from about that status.

Oh ok, thanks!

it's coz I'm moving out of this house on the 18th of august, so...heh :P

Besides, seeing everyone opening their deluxe, makes me crave for it.
  • edited July 2010
    Oh ok, thanks!

it's coz I'm moving out of this house on the 18th of august, so...heh :P

Besides, seeing everyone opening their deluxe, makes me crave for it.
    That message you see is the only one you'll see. It doesn't change when your package is shipped. So it's probably already on its way.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.