Monkey Island DVD Never Arriving? [it's shipping now]

Comments

• edited July 2010
    My deluxe edition just arrived today, it's an excellent package in general. The [physical] bonus features were definitely worth the extra money, for me anyway.
  • edited July 2010
    Recieved mine today, and....thats it??.... were a bit dissapointet there, and JUST ONE tarot card?? I thought I would get all of them not just one!! I thought I ordered so I could get all the Tarot cards .

Edit: ok my mistake didnt read all the details there so it was sold separetly I see.

and yea I had to pay custom charge too almost about 30 bucks
  • edited July 2010
    Wolfstar27 wrote: »
    I had to pay custom charge of £13.27 :(
    WTF? This for the DVD or other merchandise?
  • edited July 2010
    Kelloggs86 wrote: »
    Recieved mine today, and....thats it??.... were a bit dissapointet there, and JUST ONE tarot card?? I thought I would get all of them not just one!! I thought I ordered so I could get all the Tarot cards.

No man, they were pretty clear on that. If you ordered the deluxe edition, you would get one bonus card. If you want the rest, then you need to order the Voodoo Card Set.
  • edited July 2010
    <edit: previous info removed>

Nevermind what I typed... I don't want to create hostility.

I just want to say that I love the Deluxe Edition and was completely worth the extra cash. Telltale did an amazing job.
  • edited July 2010
    I didn't have to pay any customs taxes. Hah! Mine came fast and in perfect state, loved it. Came from man in a van, big box, invoice said $39,99 value
  • Mine just arrived. I love it, though the DVD speed was kind of scary. I don't want my computer to break again! D:

Oh well, copied and using one of the desktops. Now to hang the map up and use the badge on my bag and do some other things with the other merch. Yay!
  • edited July 2010
    Mine just arrived. I love it, though the DVD speed was kind of scary. I don't want my computer to break again! D:
    So you recommend copying the contents to one of my "not so expensive" machines, copying over the network to this machine, then installing.........
  • edited July 2010
    Mine just arrived. I love it, though the DVD speed was kind of scary. I don't want my computer to break again! D:

Oh well, copied and using one of the desktops. Now to hang the map up and use the badge on my bag and do some other things with the other merch. Yay!

Can you still listen to the commentaries without the disc in the drive?
  • edited July 2010
    Got mine today! That and the SaM shot glass and I didn't get charged any customs fees (UK) it's so hit and miss if you do or not. Oh and 8 days delivery time!

I love it!
  • edited July 2010
    You could try using CD Bremse (or rather, "CD Throttle" if you're using a non-German Windows locale) to slow down your drive - I watch a load of DVDs on my PC, and without it my drive would spin at full speed and make a hell of a racket... :(

np: Pawel - Panamerican (Pawel)
  • edited July 2010
    today when i left home and was entering the bus i saw the DHL guy arriving with two packages. later i found out that one of them was for me. i still was able to go get it today and it turned out to be from telltale! yay!

just because, let me say: i like the white border around the art on the slipcase and have nothing against the cutouts.

also, thanks for saying that the value of the package was only $5.95. no annoying customs to deal with.

ah i love this new game sme-*takes a whiff* urgh oh my god this stinks horribly. i hate this plastic smell
  • edited July 2010
    Friar wrote: »
    Can you still listen to the commentaries without the disc in the drive?
    They're just .wmv files on an unprotected disc. There is absolutely no reason that a person can't copy the files to a folder on their computer to watch whenever they want, sans disc.
  • edited July 2010
    I'm sorry... But I think the "new" smell of the game is quite nice... different... but it smells NEW. Haven't had adventure goodies smell new since when I was buying goodies from Sierra back in the olden days!

:-P I'm crazy. I know.
  • edited July 2010
    goodies? im talking about the game case. I probably consider it bad because i connect it with those lower quality cases you can buy cheap in stores
  • edited July 2010
    Dionysus wrote: »
    I'm sorry... But I think the "new" smell of the game is quite nice... different... but it smells NEW. Haven't had adventure goodies smell new since when I was buying goodies from Sierra back in the olden days!

the treasure chest has that same smell ^^
  • edited July 2010
    Crrash wrote: »
    just because, let me say: I like the white border around the art on the slipcase and have nothing against the cutouts.

... Blasphemy! He's a witch! Get him!
  • edited July 2010
    Dionysus wrote: »

Nope, not at all! It's all psychology, basically. Gives you the feeling of having someting new, something pure We judge a lot by the smell of something, more than we consciously know. And there's nothing like, say, the smell of a freshly printed catalogue! Hmmm...! :)
  • edited July 2010
    ... Blasphemy! He's a witch! Get him!

oh noes. you found out
  • edited July 2010
    They're just .wmv files on an unprotected disc. There is absolutely no reason that a person can't copy the files to a folder on their computer to watch whenever they want, sans disc.
    Ah, i was under the impression they were voice-overs, like in MI2SE. I actually kind of preffer them this way.

As for the box smelling: Mine smelt like the paint we used t use in Primary school/nursey. The stuff that comes in brightly coloured bottles. That took me back about 12 years (and it took me 10 minutes of random sniffing to figure it out. Plus, the source is actually the cloth map).
  • edited July 2010
    *goes to smell the map*
    hey the map does smell like the paint from back then!
  • edited July 2010
    Got mine without any customs fees today (after 12 days shipping to Poland) but I'm a little bit disappointed, all merchandise look so cheap, chest is a simple shape paper box, map has a regular square shape with a awful white border, sign on the back of the t-shirt "I'm a mighty pirate" is real small and finally drinking vessel -lt has a small label says : This Product may contain one or more substances or chemicals known to cause birth defects and other repoductive harm - now I'm too scared (even when I am a mighty pirate!) to drink from it :)
  • edited July 2010
    Methinks I should make a thread entitled: 2 things from the deluxe edition not shipping? what the f*&% is up with that?

How much do you have to have the world hate you to be cheated out of the two well made things in this deluxe edition?
  • edited July 2010
    I wonder if customs took them from you Highway
  • edited July 2010
    Irishmile wrote: »
    I wonder if customs took them from you Highway

why would they? they never take anything unless it's wood or food.
  • edited July 2010
    I honestly do not know... but I think someone else here had those exact same two items missing from their box as well.
  • edited July 2010
    I honestly do not know... but I think someone else here had those exact same two items missing from their box as well.

maybe it was a bad batch, because i see no reason for customs to be interested in a metal coin and a plastic button unless they had drugs in them
  • edited July 2010
    the button is metal as well... maybe they are concerned about lead content?

Hopefully for you its just a bad batch or the replacements they send will be swiped as well... Somewhere in Australia there is some customs official swimming in MI coins uncle scrooge style.
  • edited July 2010

Hopefully for you its just a bad batch or the replacements they send will be swiped as well... Somewhere in Australia there is some customs official swimming in MI coins uncle scrooge style.

i want to work in customs after hearing that!
  • edited July 2010
    I got all the stuff in my chest... the chest itself has scuffs and scratches on it... I can live with it though.
  • edited July 2010
    I got all the stuff in my chest... the chest itself has scuffs and scratches on it... I can live with it though.

aww but that sucks though cos the chests one of the best things about it
  • edited July 2010
    aww but that sucks though cos the chests one of the best things about it

apart from the esrb logo that rapes the whole design... mine doesnt close proberly... this is going to get a VERY bad review from me...
  • edited July 2010
    apart from the esrb logo that rapes the whole design... mine doesnt close proberly... this is going to get a VERY bad review from me...

mh the cardboard thing that holds the case inside the box wasn' folded properly so it won't stay put at the bottom of the box.
    But all that's the fault of the guys at the warehouse who put the boxes together (and the ESRB logo and ToMI logo probably Lucasarts fault) . not much what telltale could have done.
  • edited July 2010

I don't care about the logo myself since practically every merchandise anywhere has a logo and stuff on it I'm used to it :P but If it where scratched or didn't close I would be angry.
  • edited July 2010
    I got mine today, im soooo thrilled now my Monkey Island Collection is nearly complete,all I need now is the special editions in hard copies and the voodoo doll

http://yfrog.com/5mm54jj

Someone mention the paint was coming off there treasure chest, thats abit confusing since its made out of high quality card
  • edited July 2010
    I got mine today, im soooo thrilled now my Monkey Island Collection is nearly complete,all I need now is the special editions in hard copies and the voodoo doll

http://yfrog.com/5mm54jj

Someone mention the paint was coming off there treasure chest, thats abit confusing since its made out of high quality card

Could you post some pictures of that art portfolio? I'm interested in buying it on my next order, but i'm still unsure. How is it all packaged inside? Loose cards? A book?
  • edited July 2010
    Aaah, I knew this would happen - been away for just a couple of days and it seems the postman was here just then. :-/ Anyway, gotta pick that package up tomorrow and enjoy a great Saturday night! :-)
  • edited July 2010

Well, I've got splotches of area where the paint has disappeared on my treasure box. High quality card or not, this is what happened.
  • edited July 2010

Who put treasure crab in charge of customs?

Anyway, i just noticed my map has a few discoloured blobs on it. Purple.
  • edited July 2010
    Just got my Monkey Island Swag today, super happy! I would totally buy this stuff again for other games.
    Deluxe edition is really cool, love all the little trinkets and the slip case is awesome looking.
    Tarot cards are gorgeous, now I have to find a way to turn them into a game.
    Totally looking forward to drinking out of my drinking vessel, even if the state of California thinks it will rend my groin in twain for some reason.

Good Job Telltale!

EDIT: Just realized that the map is printed on a linen pocket square, that will so be going in my sport coat next week.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.