Monkey Island DVD Never Arriving? [it's shipping now]

Comments

• edited July 2010
    I just got mine as well, and my status also still says:

"Your order has been submitted to our warehouse and will ship soon. Please check back later for shipping info."
  • edited July 2010
    Yes, but mainly I liked it because it showed me the other boxes. I don't have them yet, and wanted to know how they would fit :)

The normal cover is a bit better, but the whole "telltalegames" thing (including the logo) is all in black. Still, it's not all white so it doesn't stand out so much.

Also I'm pretty sure the other side of the slipcover does not have the dotted lines. (I only have the regular, slipcover-less DVD)
  • edited July 2010
    I'm leaving my ToMI DVD in the shrinkwrap for now. The better to bask in it's newness longer. Dunno when I'll open it.

For now though, I think I'll move on to badger Telltale to release the Earl Boen download of Narwhal. :)
  • edited July 2010
    NeatNit wrote: »
    Also I'm pretty sure the other side of the slipcover does not have the dotted lines. (I only have the regular, slipcover-less DVD)

Ask and you shall receive:

Left Side, yes.

hpim0731.png hpim0727.png

Right Side, no. (thought the right side is where the slipcover's seam is.)

hpim0728.png hpim0729.png
  • edited July 2010
    Putting it with the right spine out would be ... wrong.
  • edited July 2010
    I'm personally going to leave mine inside the treasure chest box and just stick that thing on my shelf. As it is, the DRM somehow doesn't require the disc, and I copied all the bonus stuff to my hard drive (all 1.55 GB of it), so I really have no reason to get the DVD out ever again, unless I feel like looking at it.
  • edited July 2010
    Groan....they didn't even have enough sense to put the dotted lines on the left side of the slipcover? Who puts DVD cases in backwards? I don't.
  • edited July 2010
    I fixed the map:

fixedmap.jpg
  • edited July 2010
    You should frame it now so that it doesn't fray. Looks a lot nicer, though.
  • edited July 2010
    I burned any frayed edges, but it actually cut pretty cleanly.

But, I was planning to frame it also.
  • edited July 2010
    Thespis wrote: »
    I burned any frayed edges, but it actually cut pretty cleanly.

But, I was planning to frame it also.

Epic idea!

I own scissors and a lighter, I am so doing this when I get mine.
  • edited July 2010
    I just wanted to come in here and say how awesome it felt to get a cloth map with a game after so many years... Probably 15...
  • edited July 2010
    Emo Hoe wrote: »
    Epic idea!

I own scissors and a lighter, I am so doing this when I get mine.

Just be very very careful. It catches on fire quickly.
  • edited July 2010
    My Delux edition just arrived, now to frame my map and my card.
  • edited July 2010
    Just got the deluxe edition, yay. Everything is pretty excellent except that I will be fixing the map as above, and what the hell were they thinking with the cutouts. Who on earth would want to cut up that slipcover? It is lovely, and the dotted lines completely ruin it.
  • edited July 2010
    Thespis wrote: »
    I fixed the map:
    Soooo, even though you ruined the collector's value of it, you initiated an appreciated value event with the creation of a modified found object with the intent of placing it in a frame?

*sigh* Funny how art works...

...(pun not intended)...
  • edited July 2010
    I think it's less about the value and more about the stupid white space.

And anyway, say many years from now, someone puts rare Monkey Island memorabilia up for sale at auction. Would a prospective buyer rather buy a cloth map, mint from the manufacturer with stupid white space and a tag, or would they rather buy a cloth map that would be mint but for being altered only once and by the original owner of the merchandise in an effort to make it look more realistic (which it does)?
  • edited July 2010
    Zeek wrote: »
    Soooo, even though you ruined the collector's value of it, you initiated an appreciated value event with the creation of a modified found object with the intent of placing it in a frame?

*sigh* Funny how art works...

...(pun not intended)...

I'm more concerned with aesthetics than any intrinsic or potential monetary value.

I like it better this way. I've also never been one to care about things being "mint in box."
  • edited July 2010
    Just wondering, is there any print on the back of the map, or is it just blank, white cloth?
  • edited July 2010
    It's blank cloth with a tag on the edge.
  • edited July 2010
    Thespis, how did you manage to only burn off the frayed edges if it catches on fire quickly? I will probably try to do what you've done when my comes, but don't want to ruin it.
  • edited July 2010
    still no shipping for me ... it's in the "warehouse" for about 2 weeks now.
    Order date: March 13
    Preordered TOMI the first day when it was possible.
  • edited July 2010
    Neumi wrote: »

No, I think March 12th was the first day that it was available for pre-order.
    It's blank cloth with a tag on the edge.

I thought that would have been the case. Still disappointing though. Oh well, maybe if I get it framed it mightn't matter.
  • edited July 2010
    I've picked up mine just two hours ago, and currently I'm proudly wearing ToMI T-shirt
  • edited July 2010
    Thespis, how did you manage to only burn off the frayed edges if it catches on fire quickly? I will probably try to do what you've done when my comes, but don't want to ruin it.

I'm also interested to hear this.
  • edited July 2010

Well I said I was gonna do it with a lighter. His answer be carefully it catches fire quickly.

Plus the clear blackened edges at some points of his picture.

All in all I'd say you use a lighter but you only keep it lit for like a second at a time to avoid full on fire and if it does catch fire you stamp/pat it out quickly
  • edited July 2010
    Arrived yesterday! Very nice. Favorite bonus is the concept art.
  • edited July 2010
    wait, does the concept art come digitally or as a book? i don't really like looking through concept art on a pc screen
  • edited July 2010

I was very quick to blow it out. It flares up easily. I was lucky that it mostly flared up on the back and not the front, but if you compare my pic with one that hasn't been altered, you'll see some additional char marks.

You could try practicing on the white pieces that you cut off. Also, if you cut close enough and clean enough you may not want to even bother with burning it. I'm just a bit of a perfectionist.

Neumi wrote: »

If you read back a couple of pages you'll see that some people (including myself) have received our packages even though our status still says it's at the warehouse.
  • edited July 2010
    Arrived today, and I live in Sweden. It was sent Tuesday last week.

Gonna check the disc out tonight, does Earl Boen do the voice of LeChuck in chapter 1?

Dunno where to store this junk ; P Maybe pin the map to the wall and point at it, but the other stuff is tough.
  • edited July 2010
    Dunno where to store this junk ; P Maybe pin the map to the wall and point at it, but the other stuff is tough.
    ziplock.png
  • edited July 2010
    Crrash wrote: »
    wait, does the concept art come digitally or as a book? i don't really like looking through concept art on a pc screen
    The concept art comes digitally on the DVD.
  • edited July 2010
    Received my order today. Everything was in good shape. I'm in love with the Season 2 case file, incidentally... Not that's it's MI related.
    Anyways, got the DVD. We still need to play They Stole Max's Brain and Puzzle Agent so I don't think Ian will play Tales for a while though.

That post about German having random capitals made me smile: English seems that way to French me too. All words in Titles have capitals instead of just the first one, same for news article, adjectives can take capitals, etc.
    English also has more plurals.

Anyways, my DVD was safe and sound, as were my case file and soundtrack. DVD shipped on the 12th of June to Western Canada, if anyone is wondering about how long shipping takes.
  • edited July 2010
    Just got an e-mail, things were shipped! Oh man, can't wait! :D
  • edited July 2010
    Mine still is in warehouse..... its been there for a week and a half.... sad.
  • edited July 2010
    Avistew wrote: »
    That post about German having random capitals made me smile: English seems that way to French me too. All words in Titles have capitals instead of just the first one, same for news article, adjectives can take capitals, etc.
    English also has more plurals.

How to Use Capitals in Titles in English
    If i remember correctly, there is some rule that says "in titles words that have three letters or more have to start with a capital". something like that. At least i follow this rule that i think might be a real rule.

in german... i honestly don't know if i use capitals. probably not... i really don't know. At least it doesn't seem to bother anyone

oh i've got an e-mail.
    OMG my order has been shipped!
  • edited July 2010
    Yay, it's finally shipped!

Ordered on March 13th:

Tales of Monkey Island Deluxe Edition Package
    Tales of Monkey Island Deluxe Edition
    Tales of Monkey Island Deluxe Edition Package
    Tales of Monkey Island Drinking Vessel
    Sam & Max: The Devil's Playhouse

Your order shipped on July 6, 2010! Track your package!

And I live in Finland.
    Crrash wrote: »
    How to Use Capitals in Titles in English
    If i remember correctly, there is some rule that says "in titles words that have three letters or more have to start with a capital". something like that. At least i follow this rule that i think might be a real rule.
    I don't think that's the real rule. For example: Words like and, by, the & of are written without capital but words like Car, Man & Guy are written with capitals.
  • edited July 2010
    according to wikipedia:
    In English-language publications, varying conventions are used for capitalizing words in publication titles and headlines
    well... great...
    Of these various styles, only the practice of capitalizing nouns, pronouns, verbs, adverbs and adjectives but not articles, conjunctions or prepositions (though some styles except long prepositions) is considered correct in formal American English writing, according to most style guides, though others are found in less formal settings.
    aha, now i only have to remember what a prepositions is
  • edited July 2010
    Mine arrived today, along with my Max t-shirt. Been in dire need of new t-shirts for so damn long! :p

Love Purcell's artwork too.
  • edited July 2010
    A preposition is anything you can do to a table while both of you are motionless:
    I am on/under/above/beside/opposite/against the table.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.