Monkey Island DVD Never Arriving? [it's shipping now]

Comments

• edited July 2010
    A preposition is anything you can do to a table while both of you are motionless:
    I am on/under/above/beside/opposite/against the table.
    ...why a table, specifically?
  • edited July 2010
    Dunno, it's what I was taught. I think other objects slip up somewhere along the line.

Also my DVD still hasn't arrived. Damn LucasArts
  • edited July 2010
    I'm going to assume it's the same with postpositions. Here is what wikipedia as to say about pre- and postpositions.
  • edited July 2010
    My ToMI Deluxe Edition just shipped!
  • edited July 2010
    Yes, I got the email today, my order also shipped .:D
  • edited July 2010
    Yay, my deluxe arrived this morning
  • edited July 2010
    mine shipped to
  • edited July 2010
    and mine.
  • edited July 2010
    For all of you still waiting for your DVDs: your patience will pay off. It took 4 months (my order was back in March), but I finally received mine yesterday.

Hang in there! :-)
  • edited July 2010
    Mine just arrived! It took exactly a week. That's impressive. Installing the game now.
  • edited July 2010
    So if I go ahead and install the DVD, will I have to put the disc in everytime I wanna play it?
  • edited July 2010
    I don't have to, but I didn't use the disc's autoplay, so I don't know if it's normal.
  • edited July 2010
    So you have the 5 eps installed only from the disc and can play them without the disc?
  • edited July 2010
    Well, I installed them without uninstalling the downloads, but the Narwhal icon is changed (though I had to create new shortcuts for everything), I have Earl Boen's voice in Narwhal, and all the launch screens are gone, so when I click the icons, the game starts immediately. All with no disc.
  • edited July 2010
    ok thanks
  • edited July 2010
    Got mine today with no shipped notice... COOL!

Love the box, it fits nicely with my old-school big box PC games and thus fits in with my Monkey Island games nicely as number 5. Glad I got the deluxe version for this reason, and also because the standard DVD cover sucks ;)
  • edited July 2010
    I got mine through today along with my Wallace and Gromit DVD and a Sam & Max T-Shirt. It said it shipped about 2 weeks ago. Fairly typical for deliveries stateside to where I am then.

However, someone at the warehouse made an error somewhere. I've got two copies of the Tales of Monkey Island DVD: one inside the Deluxe Edition and one sitting on the top of everything in the box. I definitely only ordered one DVD. Oops!

Also: "Exerpts from the Memoirs of Guybrush Threepwood: The Monkey Years" still lives!
  • edited July 2010
    Mine has arrived today to! :)
  • edited July 2010
    got mine 2day!!!!!!11
  • Mine just shipped, yay! Sadly, knowing shipping times from Telltale, school'll most likely be back in by the time I get it, but oh well. I'll be able to hug it and play with it anyway. :D
  • edited July 2010
    FWIW, mine safely arrived at our doorstop yesterday. :)
  • edited July 2010
    Seems like shipping is picking up! I ordered late, on June 2, and it shipped late yesterday.
  • edited July 2010
    Mine hasn't arrived yet. Mind you, it's only been 8 days...
  • edited July 2010
    Mine arrived today in a great big box... crossing the Atlantic in a week-and-a-half isn't bad going at all.:)
  • edited July 2010
    Yay, mine arrived today! Everything is perfect.. except for the map. But ah well. Still extremely happy with it overall :)
  • edited July 2010
    My Deluxe Edition just arrived 2 minutes ago from posting this (I live in Australia by the way and this was probably the fastest I've received a package from Telltale). I'm pretty impressed even with the supposedly 'bad' slipcase, except...

...my Deluxe Edition is missing 2 items. I'm currently missing the Piratey Piece of Eight and the Trial of the Century-y-y-y-y-y Button. I'm not about to whine to Telltale about bad customer service because as far as I know, it might have been taken out at customs (of which I have no idea why). I've got the box, I've got the game, that's all I really care about.
  • edited July 2010
    Mine has been in the warehouse for almost 2 weeks and it still hasn't shipped yet. I wonder what is up with that.
  • edited July 2010
    Just so some of you know... I got mine today... and it still says its in the warehouse.... So check your mail boxes... it may be there.
  • edited July 2010
    Mine shipped July 7...*sniff* How romantic is that...
  • edited July 2010
    I don't get the romance in that...
  • edited July 2010
    Think it might be the day Narwhal was released, dunno.
  • edited July 2010
    I got mine July 8th, which was the day I got to first play Narwhal last year due to timezone differences.
  • edited July 2010
    Think it might be the day Narwhal was released, dunno.

Yep, and it's also the anniversary of the London Bombings. So Mermaid is either sentimental, or deranged.
  • edited July 2010
    I don't get the romance in that...

Well, yeah, on second thought: "nostalgic" is much more like it.
  • edited July 2010
    Just got all my stuff and it's amazing! The drinking vessel is HUGE! Right, I'm off to check the commentary and afterwards decorating my room with artwork and voodoo cards
  • edited July 2010
    Mine hasn't arrived yet. I get all excited everytime I hear a car, or footsteps outside, in case it's the Postman!

For those who have got theirs already (in the UK), how did it arrive? Standard post, or by a seperate van?
  • edited July 2010
    I got all excited cause tracking said it was in the UK from yesterday ... so today I looked again and it said attempted delivery so I called parcel force they said yes they have it and that there is a customs charge ... so I paid that and its being delivered tomorrow! I'm dead excited!! :D
    For those of you in the UK its worth while looking at the tracking and ringing parcel force as soon as it clears customs to ask about a possible customs charges and paying it you'll cut about 3 days off the delivery because they send you a letter before they even attempt delivery to pay the charge!
  • edited July 2010
    I'm in UK and mine came free. I used a funny name on the address too: "hugh jazz" so the postman rang my bell and said "parcel for hugh jazz"

Classic.
  • edited July 2010
    I spent rather a lot of money on my order :rolleyes: both me and my brother are HUGE fans so I pretty much ordered 2 of everything :D guess thats why I got stung with customs!
  • edited July 2010
    Pejay wrote: »
    For those of you in the UK its worth while looking at the tracking and ringing parcel force as soon as it clears customs to ask about a possible customs charges and paying it you'll cut about 3 days off the delivery because they send you a letter before they even attempt delivery to pay the charge!

I get the strong impression that customs charges are pretty random. In fact, I gather that's how it works - they open parcels at random.

AJB
Sign in to comment in this discussion.