Monkey Island DVD Never Arriving? [it's shipping now]

Comments

• edited May 2010
    I'ma start counting the days.

At most 20 more days for them to start shipping.
  • edited May 2010
    20 more days before shipping will start.
    20 before it will ship.
    Sleep a night, don't let bugs bite.
    19 more days before shipping will start...
  • edited May 2010
    Joop wrote: »
    20 before it will ship.

That is so catchy is crazy to just think about it.
  • edited May 2010
    20 before it will ship.

Mh, I think it would be:

20 more days before shipping starts.
    20 before it ships.
    19 more days before shipping starts...

Like in the song "When I'm 64". The will would be on the other part of the sentence, if any.
    Like "I will be happy when it ships".
  • edited May 2010
    20 before it will ship.

Where did Telltale confirm it would ship in May?
  • edited May 2010
    apenpaap wrote: »

[80's cartoon ending]Uh-oh, looks like I started ANOTHER rumor! *blinks at camera* *cirklefade*[/80's cartoon ending]
  • edited May 2010
    [80's cartoon ending]Uh-oh, looks like I started ANOTHER rumor! *blinks at camera* *cirklefade*[/80's cartoon ending]

Well, looks like there will be another bunch of these threads arriving in three weeks. That kind of gives me a mixed feeling. On the one hand they're fucking annoying, on the other hand it means my "telltale eats babies" tag will get used more. One of my tags is already the most used, so I guess having the second place also filled in by one of my tags would be cool.
  • edited May 2010
    this
    iW6W9.jpg
  • edited May 2010
    Well, looks like there will be another bunch of these threads arriving in three weeks. That kind of gives me a mixed feeling. On the one hand they're fucking annoying, on the other hand it means my "telltale eats babies" tag will get used more. One of my tags is already the most used, so I guess having the second place also filled in by one of my tags would be cool.

What's the other tag?
  • edited May 2010
    What's the other tag?

"its my game n iwannit now"
  • edited May 2010
    Chyron8472 wrote: »

At most 20 19 more days for them to start shipping.
  • edited May 2010
    19 more days before shipping will start.
    19 before it will ship.
    18 more days before shipping will start...
  • edited May 2010
    Arrrhhhhghghg, I'm waiting for 5 things to show up in the mail!!! Well, 4 now, new space ghost dvd showed up...

But man, it's killing me! Plus I'm also waiting for Sammun-Mak and MI2:SE, and I'll even throw in 'Cataclysm' for good measure!! AHHHHHH!

That's a lot of waiting... for stuff... help me. :eek::eek::eek:
  • edited May 2010
    I just hope I can get those MI buttons before June 20th so I can wear a bunch of them + the big one (ask me about...) on my bag and hat when I go to Disney World/Islands of Adventure for a week. (no it's not just for the pirates ride, though I will ride that)

IT'S DISNEY WORLD.

IMAGINE ALL THOSE PEOPLE THERE FOR THE SUMMER.

ESPECIALLY ISLANDS, BECAUSE OF THE OPENING OF HARRY POTTER WORLD.

THINK OF ALL THAT FREE ADVERTISING, TELLTALE.

NO RUSH.
  • edited May 2010

At most 19 18 more days for them to start shipping.
  • edited May 2010
    18 more days before shipping will start.
    18 before it will ship.
    17 more days before shipping will start...
  • edited May 2010
    I'm sad, because you totally ignored my grammar nazying :(
    Didn't even tell me "shut up, I'll do it my way!" or anything.
  • edited May 2010
    Avistew wrote: »
    I'm sad, because you totally ignored my grammar nazying :(
    Didn't even tell me "shut up, I'll do it my way!" or anything.

Oh... I didn't know you cared.
    To make you feel better:

Shut up! I'll do it my way! :mad:
  • edited May 2010
    Oh... I didn't know you cared.
    To make you feel better:

Shut up! I'll do it my way! :mad:

Thank you :)

(Your way is wrong. Na.)
  • edited May 2010
    I think a delay of a month is kind of ridiculous. I understand things happen, but if it was any other company, they would post a message explaining the delay.

Telltale just keeps silent about everything.
  • edited May 2010
    What delay? They said spring, and in fact that means May is 22 days EARLIER than their previous announcement.
  • edited May 2010
    :p
    What delay? They said spring, and in fact that means May is 22 days EARLIER than their previous announcement.
    They said Spring, estimated for April. Most people took this to mean in April or maybe early May. Late May felt really late, was all.
  • edited May 2010
    For me it's not about the DVD pre-order - it's about the fact that in theory I pre-ordered the DVD 10 months ago =)

Of course, I guess it's only been about 4 months since the end of the season, so not as long as it seems to me.
  • edited May 2010
    They should just ship them separately, just to keep fans happy.

But they won't.
  • edited May 2010
    Fury wrote: »
    Them? Them what?
  • edited May 2010
    Them? Them what?

Yeah, I have no clue what he's talking about either. I think he overheated so much from all the rage that now he's stuck randomly ranting without actually making sense.
    Or maybe he posted on the wrong thread or something.
  • edited May 2010
    I think a delay of a month is kind of ridiculous. I understand things happen, but if it was any other company, they would post a message explaining the delay.

Telltale just keeps silent about everything.

The delay was that the DVDs didn't exist yet.

I thought that was pretty clear.
  • edited May 2010
    Them? Them what?

I think he may be talking about shipping the non-preordered items people ordered along with the DVD separately.

Of course, we've already established that Telltale isn't making any profit on shipping, and that's before the free shipping that so many people qualified for, so if they did do that, I'm sure they'd be taking a pretty big loss on it.

You know, I was kicking myself for not buying The Devil's Playhouse when I ordered my DVD (my willpower broke two days later, so my deluxe DVD + cards order was under $50), but when I think of it this way, I'm glad that Telltale got shipping money at least from me.
  • edited May 2010

I'm happy. :)

Besides, anticipation is half the fun.
  • edited May 2010

At most 18 17 more days for them to start shipping.
  • edited May 2010
    At most 18 17 more days for them to start shipping.

I await bouncing in my seat... oh crap I'm not gunna be home for the first week of June. I guess that's what roomies are for.
  • edited May 2010
    17 more days before shipping will start.
    17 before it will ship.
    16 more days before shipping will start...
  • edited May 2010
    Also, she only posted that after we'd already been speculating April for five days. And at that point, several of us had already figured out that nobody could remember where they had read "April".

I know exactly where I read April. When I pre-ordered back on Mar. 12, it said April 10th for the Voodoo cards and April (no specific date) for the DVD. Not grousing or anything: I can still play the games whenever I like and anticipate all the DVD-ey extras and such. It was much worse waiting for the first episode to come out, and then for each succeeding episode... and now for the second season... and LR:SE...
  • edited May 2010
    Yeah, I love Telltale, but it did say April originally. I think it was probably delayed because they weren't expecting Lucasart to take so long to OK it.
  • edited May 2010
    Yeah, I love Telltale, but it did say April originally. I think it was probably delayed because they weren't expecting Lucasart to take so long to OK it.

That's a load of crap. It's been okayed for ages, and they didn't even do that much to it.

It did say April. What I meant with my earlier post was that they should ship the stuff that currently exists now, and then ship the delayed content later. It's like the Ipad thing, it's all about money. If this was another online store, the content would have been shipped separately.

It's like the Earl Boen redub. Telltale said it would be on PC in a few weeks.. That was ages ago. And yet people don't criticise Telltale for their obvious faults, they defend them, saying Telltale is the best game company ever and anyone who says otherwise is the devil incarnate.

The attitude of Forum Members here is ridiculous. It's like some sort of evil cult worshipping Telltale Games as their god.

I just want the DVD, or at least a post that isn't vague "We're still working on it", I want something like "We're having difficulty encoding all the interviews" or something along those lines.

In the future, I'm just gonna get the games off steam.
  • edited May 2010
    The attitude of Forum Members here is ridiculous. It's like some sort of evil cult worshiping Telltale Games as their god.

I didn't even get to sacrifice anyone :(

I don't know, I think they're awesome, and I know they're human. And I trust the with stuff. As frustrating as these things are for me, I sincerely believe they're as frustrating or more frustrating for them.
    It's not like they like having unhappy customers, either.
  • edited May 2010
    The attitude of Forum Members here is ridiculous. It's like some sort of evil cult worshipping Telltale Games as their god.

IA IA TELLTALE F'THAGN!

Maybe we'll get the DVD sooner if we offer blood sacrifice to dread Stemmle as he dreams in R'lyeh.
  • edited May 2010
    Jen Kollic wrote: »
    Maybe we'll get the DVD sooner if we offer blood sacrifice to dread Stemmle as he dreams in R'lyeh.

Instead of sacrificing things, some cult offer sex as a donation.
    Just saying.
  • edited May 2010
    Instead of sacrificing things, some cult offer sex as a donation.
    Just saying.

Is this another one of your nefarious plans involving Yare?
  • edited May 2010
    Jen Kollic wrote: »
    Is this another one of your nefarious plans involving Yare?

Yes. I'm surprised you had to ask.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.