Monkey Island DVD Never Arriving? [it's shipping now]

Comments

• edited May 2010
    Or someone reported the post. I still think that it was horribly unfunny.
  • edited May 2010
    Fury wrote: »
    It was just my extra account that had Sam and Max Series 1. I made it ages ago as well as another one for homestar runner so I could get em all half price with the treasure hunt.
    So not only do you complain to Telltale about petty issues, but you rip them off as well?
  • edited May 2010
    That's surprising?
  • edited May 2010
    I do think it's surprising though, admins are reading this thread. They're just not saying anything...

They're not saying anything because they've already said all there is to say about it in 20 other threads and an email.
  • edited May 2010
    Really, I find it astonishing that the thread hasn't been locked yet.
  • edited May 2010
    Wapcaplet wrote: »
    So not only do you complain to Telltale about petty issues, but you rip them off as well?

They got more money out of me than if I hadn't used the coupons. I would never have gotten Homestar runner were it not for the 50% off. And Sam and Max cost the same with the coupon as it did on steam at the time, so it wasn't a ripoff.

Plus, it was their promotion anyway. Better than pirating em.

Oh, and Telltale can't lock the thread because NOTHING CAN STOP ME MWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Unless I post about discount hairbrushes and get banned again...
  • edited May 2010
    You're insane, and not in the "haha awesome" sense.
  • edited May 2010
    discount hairbrushes

How DARE you, sir
  • edited May 2010
    Trolls.gif
  • edited May 2010
    calling out a troll is just as bad as feeding one.
  • edited May 2010
    Chyron8472 wrote: »
    I'ma start counting the days.

At most 16 15 14 more days for them to start shipping.
  • edited May 2010
    At most 16 15 14 more days for them to start shipping.

Nah, I was sent an email saying it would be shipped at the start of may, with the stock arriving at the end of april.

The stuff up is most likely on the manufacturers end, like the card printers or the T shirts.

I just want Telltale to tell us what the hold up is.

As people have said before, end of the month is still an estimate. If the stock doesn't exist, it won't be sent out period.
  • edited May 2010
    Nah, I was sent an email saying it would be shipped at the start of may, with the stock arriving at the end of april.
    All the emails I've gotten from Telltale that mention the ToMI DVD and merch say it'll ship either 'Spring 2010' or 'end of May', like the latest Interloper.
  • edited May 2010
    Didero wrote: »
    All the emails I've gotten from Telltale that mention the ToMI DVD and merch say it'll ship either 'Spring 2010' or 'end of May', like the latest Interloper.

I deleted the email but I posted in the other DVD thread. Bonnie sent it.

I just wish Telltale would tell me what is going on! If this was an Ebay sale I would have called it a scam and reported the dealer by now.
  • edited May 2010
    Why on earth would people call it a scam/report w/e if they could?

From the get go it was a pre-order due out "spring 2010" and the last I checked it was still generally accepted that june, july, aug are summer, sept, oct, nov autumn, dec, jan, feb winter and mar april MAY spring
    So we are still within the time frame they said from the very start and since then they have estimated end of may, which isn't here yet either.
  • edited May 2010
    Technically, the first day of summer isn't until almost the end of June, so most of June is also spring. Not that I expect them to take that long.
  • edited May 2010
    Summer doesn't start until the Sun i right above a spot on the Tropic of Cancer. That's on June 21st or June 22nd usually.
  • edited May 2010
    I just want Telltale to tell us what the hold up is.

Why is having in depth to-the-minute updates on the entire production process life or death to you? It's not out because it's not done being manufactured yet, they've already said that, and knowing which specific thing is still being manufactured isn't going to speed it up in any way.
    I just wish Telltale would tell me what is going on! If this was an Ebay sale I would have called it a scam and reported the dealer by now.

Good thing it ISN'T an eBay sale, because Telltale are well within their rights to release the DVD whenever they damn well please. It's a pre-order. Do you understand yet? PRE-ORDER. PRE-ORDER.
  • edited May 2010
    eBay sales generally deal with one person shipping out a single item that already exists.
  • edited May 2010
    Wow, Pale Man.. relax abit!
  • edited May 2010
    Tecliz wrote: »
    Wow, Pale Man.. relax abit!

Tell that to this guy...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_bZKEhgieoc
  • edited May 2010
    I'ma start counting the days.

At most 14 13 more days for them to start shipping.
  • edited May 2010
    My advice for future releases: don't start accepting pre-orders until DVDs are in production.

Honestly, there was no indication on the order page that things would take this long. I would not have ordered other items in the same order as the Monkey Island DVD if I knew shipping was going to be delayed until the end of May.
  • edited May 2010
    But without pre orders, how would they know how much to produce?
  • edited May 2010
    jawlz wrote: »
    My advice for future releases: don't start accepting pre-orders until DVDs are in production.

Honestly, there was no indication on the order page that things would take this long. I would not have ordered other items in the same order as the Monkey Island DVD if I knew shipping was going to be delayed until the end of May.

Yeah, it's lame.

It's *almost* as bad as SHAFT...

I hate you Shaft! Where the fuck is Bakemonogatari ep15!!!! Why did 14 take 4 months to make! Why are you making other shitty animes instead of bakemonogatari which isn't even finished! If you're understaffed, then how the hell are you producing 4 episodes a week! I just wanna see the bloody ending!

SHAFT SUCKS!
  • edited May 2010
    jawlz wrote: »

... so you'd rather have not known anything about it, much less be able to pay in advance, than have pre-ordered it as early as possible?

Honestly, I don't understand why you people have such an entitled "I PAID FOR IT, I DEMAND IT IN THE NEXT 10 MINUTES OR YOU GUYS ARE EVIL JERKS THAT STOLE MY MONEY" attitude. Please see my past 500 posts for an explanation of what the word pre-order means, as, frankly, I'm sick of trying to explain it.
  • edited May 2010
    Yeah, seriously. My attitude is more "please, take my money now so that I'll be the very first one to get it when it becomes available, even if that's three months from now!" Which is the whole damn point of a pre-order.
  • edited May 2010
    Yeah, seriously. My attitude is more "please, take my money now so that I'll be the very first one to get it when it becomes available, even if that's three months from now!" Which is the whole damn point of a pre-order.

People aren't annoyed about that. You guys aren't listening.

Regardless of whether it was a pre-order or not, the site said April 10th for the voodoo cards, and late april for the DVD. There's been a delay, and Telltale are keeping quiet about it.

People wouldn't care so much if there was more information about what was happening. When an episode like ep5 is delayed, they post a thread about it and explain what's going on, and a give a new date.

And paleman, we're not demanding it in 10 minutes. It's been 2 months. They've had ample time.

Telltale posted the products too early, haven't given the purchasees enough information and are taking too long to send them. If this was an eBay sale, Telltale would get a shitload of negative feedback.

I for one won't buy anything physical off Telltale again. Steam is generally cheaper and pre-ordering is a waste of money, it would have cost us all half as much to wait for the puzzle agent deal or one of the other sales. When people are pre-ordering stock, you dont have a giant sale to sell the stuff for cheaper before it's even out. It just pisses people off, and it's bad business sense. Means you'll get less pre-orders in the future.
  • edited May 2010

Had you not given them your money straight away (same goes for all of us, myself included), you could have paid half as much as you did, and still get the goods at the same exact date.

Preordering with telltale is great!
  • edited May 2010
    How is it bad business sense to let us pre-order the items the second they start manufacturing them? The entire point of the pre-order is so they can properly estimate the quantity of product to produce in order to minimize the risk. Not only that, but by pre-ordering, you're guaranteeing your spot at the front of the queue upon release.

If you want to talk about something being delayed a ridiculous amount of time, try the Monkey Island statue Lucasarts and Symbiote put out. It was initially supposed to come out in July according to the first date on the pre-order page, when did it end up coming out? November. Did they give any notice that it was being delayed or any reason why it was being delayed? No. Did I whine and cry and stamp my feet because it was delayed by 4 months? No. Rational people understand that when you enter into a pre-order agreement, any date you might come across is subject to change until further notice. Not only that, but expecting constant updates on the very boring manufacturing process is insane. They don't manufacture it themselves, to get exact details on what is going on, they'd have to call each manufacturer every couple days, just to provide a couple vocal people on the forum with pointless information that in no way speeds up the process.

I could understand your disappointment if they had made a big blog post saying "THIS IS GUARANTEED 100% TO SHIP ON APRIL ___" but they didn't. The most I've seen anything of theirs say was it was "Estimated" or "Expected" for April, or May, or Spring, I have never once seen anything given an exact date, which should be quite indicative of the fact that they didn't know an exact date. Even if all it said was "Ships April 2010" or something similar, that still means nothing because there is no day given, and thus a delay shouldn't come as this big of a shock.

There is absolutely no grounds to be as upset as you are about what amounts to maybe a month delay of a couple pieces of merchandise that were clearly stated up front to be a pre-order. Especially given that Telltale have posted about this very same thing on about 20 different occasions, stating that production was taking slightly longer than they had initially estimated.

I even understand asking what is going on with them, that's a reasonable concern from a consumer standpoint. I think it's going way too far when they tell you exactly what is going on with them, give you an updated estimate, and you still keep droning on and on about how they're deceiving you and throwing down ultimatums like "THIS ONE MONTH DELAY MEANS I'M NEVER BUYING MERCH AGAIN" which, it's pretty clear, is just an empty threat designed to get what you want. I mean, let's face it, the fact that you're this mad is just proof of how badly you want these items, and I don't blame you for wanting them that badly, I do too. It's just that you need to cool off and be patient, rather than hounding them like they've done something to personally insult you.

But anyway, here's a kitty to cheer you up:

happy_kitty.jpg
  • edited May 2010
    Had you not given them your money straight away (same goes for all of us, myself included), you could have paid half as much as you did, and still get the goods at the same exact date.

Preordering with telltale is great!

PS: Sometimes things go on sale. If you are worried about paying full price for something, wait until a sale happens before ordering anything. Lots of people do it.
  • edited May 2010
    You probably don't even need to do that. I'm pretty sure that you can fairly easily get your order cancelled.
  • edited May 2010
    - I didn't bother reading all of your post, Pale Man, but to be fair I have over a page of threads to catch up with right now.

- Fury annoys me a lot and a lot

- Yesterday my husband commented on how the package was taking a while to get here and he hoped it hadn't been lost. When I said it hadn't been shipped yet, he was very surprised. He's probably the most patient person than I know, so it was a bit of a wake-up call for me. I guess in a way it made me realise where Fury was coming from when I had simply dismissed him as being that annoying jerk all that time.

- I personally couldn't care less if it's shipped in may, in June or in 2012, I just want it to be a good DVD with a non-buggy game and nice bonuses.

- Right now, these guys have a lot of things to do. Seriously, you shouldn't expect them to give you a real-time estimate of when things will be ready, even if they did know for sure.

- It's super hot here and I'm CRANKY!
  • edited May 2010
    As each of the new chapters came out I was very anxious and excited about the deadlines. And at that time, I thought after the last chapter was released the DVD would be shipped within the next month.

But when I realized that it wasn't that type of a pre-order I just sat back, and didn't worry about it. And it was great to be able to only pay 14.95 for the deluxe package when the bonus items became available, and it was also nice to know I would get free shipping if I ordered everything at once.

Yes, it is getting a little long, but it's not like it's the game itself that is late, and we're sitting on a cliffhanger. And as much as I'm dying to get my hands on my "Stuff" ranting about it over and over again isn't going to get it here any sooner. So why torment yourself over this needlessly? Distract yourself with something else, and then when that great Golden Shipment Day arrives, it will be a pleasant surprise.

I get worked up over things that I feel are a great injustice or terribly unfair too, but you have to pick your battles. And this situation really doesn't seem all that bad.

Edit: All these kitten and cat pictures are really making me want to get one! So cute. :P
  • edited May 2010
    People aren't annoyed about that. You guys aren't listening.

Regardless of whether it was a pre-order or not, the site said April 10th for the voodoo cards, and late april for the DVD. There's been a delay, and Telltale are keeping quiet about it.

You're the one not listening. Telltale did give the April date for the voodoo cards, but it was determined long ago that no date was ever given in the store or on the blog for the DVD. The only mention Telltale has made of the DVD coming out in April was given as a vague estimate in forum posts after forumites had already started assuming it was April. In other words, April was never given as a release date, so there is no delay. A long wait maybe, but no delay.

Wrong. The Puzzle Agent offer specifically excludes the Monkey Island DVD. And even if that was the case, sales happen. I bought Portal at full price a year ago and right now I could get it for free. Am I pissed off and ranting about it on Valve's Steam forums? No, I'm not. Because I'm an adult and not a child.
  • edited May 2010
    Also, we got free shipping then. Even with 50% off, some people would pay more if they had to pay for shipping (I'm one such person).
  • edited May 2010
    Wrong. The Puzzle Agent offer specifically excludes the Monkey Island DVD.

You can get the deluxe edition of TMI for $25 if you were to order it with Puzzle Agent. The only thing excluded from the 50% off sale was the $20 bundle that included TMI and MI:SE a little while back.
  • edited May 2010
    Ah. Well, the rest of my point still stands.
  • edited May 2010
    Ah. Well, the rest of my point still stands.

Not really. Pre-orders are traditionally made for people who want to buy it first, and they generally have some bonus or another. Sales of stuff generally doesn't happen until after the product is released.

It completely defeats the purpose of pre-ordering.

It's just annoying, that was 2 weeks wage sunk into that stuff, and I did put it to the back of mind for a good 6 weeks. But I got impatient after that, as any reasonable person would.

I'm not the only one annoyed, everyone that speaks up is shot down by pale man or guruguru.

Guruguru? That's the worst DS game ever! O_o
  • edited May 2010
    Not really. Pre-orders are traditionally made for people who want to buy it first, and they generally have some bonus or another. Sales of stuff generally doesn't happen until after the product is released.

It completely defeats the purpose of pre-ordering.
    So you're saying they should only start pre-orders after the product is done and ready to be shipped?

That is exactly the opposite of what a preorder is for.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.