Monkey Island DVD Never Arriving? [it's shipping now]

Comments

• edited June 2010
    Jaden551 and I have two deluxe and one standard in our order. We ordered the season 3 times so as to have a DVD each, and a spare
  • edited June 2010
    Tales of Monkey Island Deluxe Edition
    Tales of Monkey Island Deluxe Edition Package
    Tales of Monkey Island Voodoo Card Set
    Tales of Monkey Island Drinking Vessel
    Tales of Monkey Island Poster Print (Signed)

which of these is backordered? I ordered all of this bunch way back on march 12th and it still hasnt shown up? And when can I expect too see it?

Sorry if this was answered recently, but I am not a regular on these forums.
  • edited June 2010
    The Deluxe edition is backordered. Though it's estimated it will be sent this week.
  • edited June 2010
    Didero wrote: »
    The Deluxe edition is backordered. Though it's estimated it will be sent this week.

:eek:Since when?:eek:

I'm assuming the ones ordered from the 12th to the 14th or something will ship first, so yay!
  • edited June 2010
    I hope so. I ordered before I started the "DVD available for pre-order" thread, which was before the announcement e-mail went out, so I should have one of the very first orders placed on the 11th.

Wow, that was 102 days ago...
  • edited June 2010
    I hope so. I ordered before I started the "DVD available for pre-order" thread, which was before the announcement e-mail went out, so I should have one of the very first orders placed on the 11th.

Does your invoice say the 11th or the 12th?
  • edited June 2010
    status.png

Also, my confirmation e-mail was sent on the 11th at 6:16 PM.
  • edited June 2010
    status.png

Also, my confirmation e-mail was sent on the 11th at 6:16 PM.

hmmm... let me check my email...

4:40 PM GMT +8 on the 12th of March... that means... 8:40 AM on the 12th?

Maybe the thing goes by your time zone, because I'm sure it wasn't there before the 12th for me...
  • edited June 2010
    That's quite possible. I'm at GMT -7.
  • edited June 2010
    That's quite possible. I'm at GMT -7.

that's... 15 hours difference. You got it at UTC 1:16 am 12th March... I got it UTC 8:40 am... I was at school when you got it, just begun in fact... looks like about the same time, give or take 7 hours :D
  • edited June 2010
    :eek:Since when?:eek:

I'm assuming the ones ordered from the 12th to the 14th or something will ship first, so yay!
    It took quite a while to find where I read it, but I finally found it:
    bonnie wrote: »
    Yes, 'tis true that the discs (standard and Steve Purcell's slip-disc) are out and shipped as of last week. The Deluxe Edition with the extra goodies including the slip-disc is being assembled as we speak. Putting the piratey Piece of Eight, voodoo card, map, coaster, button, etc. inside the treasure chest box. We should be able to ship as early as this week. There are quite a few to be assembled so if it goes into shipping next week as well, don't be surprised. The coolest piratey booty, in my opinion, is the piece of eight.

We're very, very close to shipping the Deluxe Edition. Stay tuned...
    That was posted on the 15th. So Deluxe should probably start shipping some time this week. Don't be surprised if it doesn't, though. This is a big project, both for Telltale and their fulfilment centre, like Jake and Will have said, so delays are logical.
  • edited June 2010
    Yeah, so umm... It's not Spring anymore. Nor is it April or May. Really, Telltale needs to either be more punctual or more informative about their release dates.
  • edited June 2010
    They were definitely swamped. Hopefully they'll know what to expect next time and be better prepared.
    I don't think any of them thought the whole thing would take this long.
  • edited June 2010
    Chyron8472 wrote: »
    Yeah, so umm... It's not Spring anymore. Nor is it April or May. Really, Telltale needs to either be more punctual or more informative about their release dates.

They said they were going to ship the standard DVD at the end of spring :(. They never said when the deluxe was going to ship(if it ships)
  • edited June 2010

The Standard DVD did ship in Spring.
    Also if you bothered to check the blog section when this occurred they made a nice blog explaining what was ready now (after the delays) and being shipped and what was still waiting to print and would be shipping "within the next few weeks"
    Also earlier in this thread the TTG guys have told us deluxe edition arrived at office and that it is now basically ready and *should* begin shipping this week.
    But there is a massive back log of orders so some might not ship for another week or two yet.
  • edited June 2010
    Deluxe DVD never arriving!
    We've been scammed!
  • edited June 2010
    Deluxe DVD never arriving!
    We've been scammed!
    I realise you mean it as a joke, but you may actually freak some people out with this. People like that one dude earlier in the thread, that ended up cancelling his order I think.
    So in short, yes there are delays, but no, it's not a scam.
  • edited June 2010
    deluxe dvd never arriving!
    We've been scammed!

omg it's never coming what do i do, what do i do!?!?!
  • edited June 2010
    Icedhope wrote: »
    omg it's never coming what do i do, what do i do!?!?!

youn must send a very long worded letter to telltale about how they scammed you and why here is an example

dear telltale,
    we are NOT amused.
    yours sincerely, Fan #550
  • edited June 2010
    this isnyfair iwant my deebeedee im so sad im gunno kill me waaaaaaaaaa:h

Seriously, I'm pretty proud of myself. This is the longest I've ever waited for a TTG package, and yet I'm still calm. I just hope it doesn't arrive when I'm at Hogwarts in Universal, because then my over happiness would probably make me explode.
  • edited June 2010
    this isnyfair iwant my deebeedee im so sad im gunno kill me waaaaaaaaaa:h

Seriously, I'm pretty proud of myself. This is the longest I've ever waited for a TTG package, and yet I'm still calm. I just hope it doesn't arrive when I'm at Hogwarts in Universal, because then my over happiness would probably make me explode.

The owls will give it you
  • edited June 2010
    Ugh... I'm getting tired of waiting too! I checked my Telltale page and it *claims* that my DVD was shipped June 9. I try to track it and the Postal Service only says: "Status: Electronic Shipping Info Received." Ugh. I wish I knew what was going on - was it really shipped or lost in the mail?
  • edited June 2010
    Matrinka wrote: »
    Ugh... I'm getting tired of waiting too! I checked my Telltale page and it *claims* that my DVD was shipped June 9. I try to track it and the Postal Service only says: "Status: Electronic Shipping Info Received." Ugh. I wish I knew what was going on - was it really shipped or lost in the mail?
    That's normal. It means that the delivery option TellTale used does not support package tracking. (it costs more)

If you order stuff online more, you'll find that many of your packages will do the same thing.
  • edited June 2010
    I think mine will be trackable since it's going to contain a lot of stuff and when the package is big the Post Offices won't let them ship without Priority Mail tracking at the least.
    And they charged A LOT for this shipping.
  • edited June 2010
    Any word on the special edition? It's really getting ridiculous.
  • edited June 2010
    My Standard Edition still hasn't shipped :(
  • edited June 2010
    hamza721 wrote: »
    They said they were going to ship the standard DVD at the end of spring :(. They never said when the deluxe was going to ship(if it ships)

I suggest you read this carefully (Phew, was a pain to find again).
    This was sent as part of the Telltale e-mail newsletter in early May:
    iW6W9.jpg
    ...after TTG already pushed back released of the DVD from April.

About the "end of Spring", that was when you ordered as an estimated shipping date, regardless of the version you ordered. The point is that they announced both to be released at the same time.
    Until the blog, which was written in the end of May and said the rest would ship "in a few weeks", which Chyron took to mean it was still the "end of Spring" thing so he counted the days that way.

So, they made a mistake, it was a mess, it took much, much longer than they thought, they know it and they're sorry. Forgive and forget. Plus, I'm sure the DVD is worth it.

After this mess I'm sure they'll know what to expect better next time. At least I hope so (not just for the consumer's sake).

Sure there was a point when we weren't getting any info, but then they kept us informed. Sure, the information was along the lines of "we don't know" or "we're not sure, but we think...", but hey, they can't tell us stuff they don't even know. And they're not going to post daily saying "BTW we still don't know", are they? They've got better stuff to do, like working on everything so we can get it as soon as possible.

At this point, it's pretty much ready, so I don't see a point in counting days. It's not like before when we were completely in the dark. We know the merch is ready, we know what it looks like, we know it's about to ship. I don't think they can tell us any more than we already know.
  • edited June 2010
    Still as calm as Buddha. :)
    And I am pretty sure mine will arrive when I am in England, to that is 1 extra month of wait for me, but a nice welcome home gift. :p
  • edited June 2010
    I've got mine this morning (I'm from France) !
  • edited June 2010
    any idea on when the deluxe edition will ship?
  • edited June 2010
    prizna wrote: »
    any idea on when the deluxe edition will ship?

Probably this week!
  • I hope my deluxe edition ships before my birthday. And gets here during school holidays. I don't need more distractions from school work.
    But whenever it comes -- it'll be awesome. :3
  • edited June 2010
    I hope my deluxe edition ships before my birthday.

Me too, but I reckon I'll be in my thirties by the time it gets here. :( It'll be worth the wait anyway.
  • edited June 2010
    crap... i got an email from telltale saying my package had shipped and I was like "OMFGROFLCOPTERLMAO" and then i look at my telltale page and...

Deluxe Edition, (etc, etc)... Your order is backordered...,

And i'm like "WTF?"

But then i scroll a bit and i see:

Puzzle Agent, Flaming Max Shot Glass and ToMI VOODO CARDS... Package shipped June 21, TRACK YOUR PACKAGE!!!!

So, it can't be that far away!
  • edited June 2010
    Just got an email saying my order's shipping! Thanks a lot guys!
    Hope it doesn't take as long to arrive in the UK as the poster did, which took about a month to arrive if I recall. Reason being, I haven't played it for AGES!!! :D Can't wait to go from the top jumping right into Earl Boen's voice...figuratively speaking of course...
  • edited June 2010
    And when did you order? So I know when my order will be shipping :) I ordered on March 12th.
  • edited June 2010
    I ordered March 26th. Yours shouldn't be too far away depending on where abouts you are.
    :)
  • edited June 2010
    I ordered March 26th. Yours shouldn't be too far away depending on where abouts you are.
    :)

Did you order standard or deluxe?
  • edited June 2010
    Did you order standard or deluxe?

yeah, anyone who ordered deluxe on march 26 should be a LONG way off getting it. even the ones who ordered on the 12th havent got it
  • edited June 2010
    I ordered the standard DVD with the Voodoo Cards.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.