Monkey Island DVD Never Arriving? [it's shipping now]

Comments

• edited June 2010
    Jake wrote: »
    We got one of the treasure chest packs in the office yesterday, and they're cool!

What!? We're getting an actual, real chest? Assuming you're actually serious here, how big is this chest?
  • edited June 2010
    Hayden wrote: »
    What!? We're getting an actual, real chest? Assuming you're actually serious here, how big is this chest?

about 42DD!
  • edited June 2010
    woop woop! You said it sister :D
  • edited June 2010
    woop woop! You said it sister :D

Im not the one with 42DD! ha ha that would be wierd unless I was either A: massivley obese , or B: had a sex change .

Or waring oversized fake party boobs!
  • edited June 2010
    mintcake wrote: »
    about 42DD!

Haha! That's actually quite funny :).
  • edited June 2010
    At most 10 9 8 7 6 5 4 more days for them to start shipping (Deluxe Edition) by the end of Spring.
  • edited June 2010
    For the first time in my life, I will know what day the season change happens on :p
  • edited June 2010
    Got my disc today! Yay!
    I didn't order the chest so do need pics when you guys get it! :D
  • edited June 2010
    My copy shipped! Sweet!
  • edited June 2010
    My copy shipped! Sweet!

did you order dulexe?
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited June 2010

No its not an actual treasure chest. What on earth leads people to jump to crazy conclusions like that? It's a box thing styled after a chest, made of treated board, like most collectors edition box/holder things. Looks very similar to the picture on the website, but far more cool to hold it in your hands.
  • edited June 2010
    Mine shipped today. [standard]

Will wrote: »
    For those of you having support problems, I know for a fact that the support system is having some trouble recently and that we are working on it. If you've sent an email quite some time ago but never heard back, you might want to post in the shopping and activation support forum.

That said, if it's just a "where is my dvd" question, all we really have for an answer is that it is coming soon. To say that this is a larger order than our fulfillment company is used to would be a bit of an understatement. We are working with them to help get these orders out as quickly as possible.

Very nice post, always nice to keep us updated, thanks.
    This is what I assumed, well except for the support system having tech problems...
  • edited June 2010
    No its not an actual treasure chest. What on earth leads people to jump to crazy conclusions like that? It's a box thing styled after a chest, made of treated board, like most collectors edition box/holder things. Looks very similar to the picture on the website, but far more cool to hold it in your hands.

coool I wana gurd it in a room with traps and trip wire now
  • edited June 2010

Yay! I am very happy right now!
  • edited June 2010
    Well, seeing as how my dvd has shipped now, I ordered the T-shirt. I never knew it said 'I'm a mighty pirate!' on the back until today, I was hoping there would be something on the back actually. This sounds perfect.
  • edited June 2010

No problem, that's still good. I'm glad there's some form of extra packaging.
  • edited June 2010

I was just going to post something similar after reading that post.

The collectors edition for Monster Hunter Tri on the Wii came in a treasure chest shaped box as well, and again it was just cardboard in a cool shape. Not sure why anyone would think for a second it would be a proper treasure chest, I can't even imagine what something like that would cost you guys. :D
  • edited June 2010

Sounds great! Hopefully people will stop complaining about the cut outs on the back of the slipcase.

Will the chest come flatpacked? Don't want it getting all damaged in the post, especially as it has to cross oceans.
  • edited June 2010
    No problem, that's still good. I'm glad there's some form of extra packaging.

QFT
    Dunno if many people will comment on the packaging being awesome, but if it was just normal packaging, we'd all go apeshit ;)
  • edited June 2010
    When people said "an actual treasure chest", I didn't think they meant like a wooden one or something. Just a chest-shaped package.
    Still, it's a collector edition, right? So that's part of the collectingness.
    And I still demand pictures :p.
    (If you don't mind posting them).
  • edited June 2010
    I promise to take pictures, so you can rest assured that at least one person will.
  • edited June 2010
    I promise to take pictures, so you can rest assured that at least one person will.

*hugs* Thanks! :)
  • edited June 2010
    Well I got my DVD today, so peeps in the UK and other areas of Europe I would assume you'll get yours soon as well :)
  • edited June 2010
    eMKayeN - are you from UK?

I'm hoping the dvd will arrive real soon.
  • edited June 2010
    eMKayeN wrote: »
    Well I got my DVD today, so peeps in the UK and other areas of Europe I would assume you'll get yours soon as well :)
    When did you get the email that they shipped your DVD? Just so we can get a rough indication of how long shipping to Europe takes.
  • edited June 2010
    Yeah I'm from the UK, I made a post a couple of pages back about it.

Got the e-mail on 7th June and it arrived today which is the 19th June. So it took just a little under 2 weeks.
  • edited June 2010
    I just got my standard DVD (I live in the Netherlands). Thanks, TellTale!
  • edited June 2010
    apenpaap wrote: »
    I just got my standard DVD (I live in the Netherlands). Thanks, TellTale!

If you play through it again, be sure to take some good screenshots for the next caption contest.
  • edited June 2010
    The order with my Voodoo cards says its been shipped... now if only my order with the Deluxe MI set would ship...
  • edited June 2010
    A question for those who already have the dvd. Is there any option of captions in the commentary?
  • edited June 2010
    If you play through it again, be sure to take some good screenshots for the next caption contest.

Thanks for reminding me, but I really don't have time to put a new one up anytime this week. If you want to run an interim caption contest this week, be my guest.
  • edited June 2010
    Symbermine wrote: »
    A question for those who already have the dvd. Is there any option of captions in the commentary?
    The commentary things are just WMV files, not something that will play in a standard DVD drive. No captions either.
  • edited June 2010
    WMV does play on my PS3, so I'm good to go :D
  • edited June 2010
    epmode wrote: »
    The commentary things are just WMV files, not something that will play in a standard DVD drive. No captions either.

Oh, that's really a shame. My gf is hearing impaired and relies on captions. I reckon I'll make subtitle files for them, wouldn't be the first time...
  • edited June 2010
    epmode wrote: »

On the plus side, no need to run them through a dvd converter to extract the files to put on a portable media player!
  • edited June 2010
    I thought there was going to be an in-game commentary mode like Revenge Special Edition. Adding WMV files to the DVD is pretty lazy

Well, at least they exist!
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited June 2010
    thin029 wrote: »
    I thought there was going to be an in-game commentary mode like Revenge Special Edition. Adding WMV files to the DVD is pretty lazy

Well, at least they exist!

Sorry we're lazy. By which I mean, sorry you incorrectly read into what we said and disappointed yourself! The commentaries are hopefully interesting and fun, though, even if they are just WMVs.
  • edited June 2010
    Sorry we're lazy. By which I mean, sorry you incorrectly read into what we said and disappointed yourself! The commentaries are hopefully interesting and fun, though, even if they are just WMVs.

But are there ones without commentary, like for Sam & Max? And if not, why not?
  • edited June 2010
    thin029 wrote: »
    I thought there was going to be an in-game commentary mode like Revenge Special Edition.

What made you think that? The telltale commentary has always been separate files, spoken over the cutscenes from the episode. And still I wouldn't assume these are going to be exactly the same because they might not be...
    But to assume out of the blue that it was going to be something completely different from what they've done so far... I just don't get it.

As for calling them lazy... Well, let's just say I wouldn't be sending them plushies if they were.
  • edited June 2010
    I guess thin029 just has more experience with other DVD commentary modes than with telltale's format. *shrug*
Sign in to comment in this discussion.