Monkey Island DVD Never Arriving? [it's shipping now]

Comments

• edited June 2010
    yay, just checked my status: Your order has been submitted to our warehouse and will ship soon. Please check back later for shipping info.
  • edited June 2010
    Tales of Monkey Island Deluxe Edition
    Tales of Monkey Island Deluxe Edition Package
    Tales of Monkey Island Voodoo Card Set
    Sam & Max: The Devil's Playhouse

Your order has been submitted to our warehouse and will ship soon. Please check back later for shipping info.

Awesome. Nice to know it's finally coming. Will be a while before it arrives in England, though, heh.
    WesMote44 wrote: »
    I ordered the deluxe on March 13th and it is still back ordered, yet people who ordered theirs after the 13th are getting theirs shipped first. Doesn't make sense.

I ordered mine on the 12th, only a few hours after the pre-orders came up, and mine has changed. So I don't think that is the case. Not sure what is, though.
  • edited June 2010
    status2.png
  • edited June 2010
    The concept art on the DVD is amazing! There is so much! :D
  • edited June 2010

This post has made me so excited about getting the DVD now! Ryan's concept art is brilliant and I always loved getting my [figurative] hands on any of it that was shown by Telltale throughout the season, but I always felt that we were given a very limited amount. So, it's very nice to hear that there is a lot on the DVD.
  • edited June 2010
    It is really amazing! Shows the development of ideas and everything - well worth getting excited for :D
  • edited June 2010
    Rawr wrote: »
    I ordered mine on the 12th, only a few hours after the pre-orders came up, and mine has changed. So I don't think that is the case. Not sure what is, though.
    They go alphabetically by username. wesmote44 picked unwisely.
  • edited June 2010

I wonder if ZZ Top are Monkey Island fans.
  • edited June 2010
    Im getting mine so I think Im pretty lucky since my letters pretty low on the list
  • edited June 2010

since when?
  • edited June 2010
    since when?

Since I made it up :)
  • edited June 2010
    Since I made it up :)

thought so, it goes chronologically
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited June 2010
    Whew glad these are finally shipping. We fumbled the release of this DVD a bit and for that I'm sorry, guys! We absolutely did not plan for things to take this long to come together and will hopefully be attentive to getting things out a little more cleanly, in a more timely manner, with future releases.

On a better subject, we got a few of the deluxe edition boxes in the office this week (along with some Max shotglasses, to take the edge off...) and they're very nice. The way the special edition DVD case is nestled in makes it look nice and classy.
  • edited June 2010
    I just hope my drinking vessel wont break on its trip overseas :)
  • edited June 2010
    Jake wrote: »
    Whew glad these are finally shipping. We fumbled the release of this DVD a bit and for that I'm sorry, guys! We absolutely did not plan for things to take this long to come together and will hopefully be attentive to getting things out a little more cleanly, in a more timely manner, with future releases.

On a better subject, we got a few of the deluxe edition boxes in the office this week (along with some Max shotglasses, to take the edge off...) and they're very nice. The way the special edition DVD case is nestled in makes it look nice and classy.

I BET ITS A SECRET COMPARTMENT IN THE LID!

Oops, sorry for spoiling it for everyone Jake... :D
  • edited June 2010

Yay.

Looking forward to mine shipping this week!
  • edited June 2010

wait we get free sunglasses? sweet I love you guys.
  • edited June 2010
    wait we get free sunglasses? sweet I love you guys.

:confused: He didn't even say the word sunglasses in that entire post.
  • edited June 2010
    Hahaha. Best conclusion-drawing ever.
  • edited June 2010
    "we got a few of the deluxe edition boxes in the office this week (along with some Max shotglasses, to take the edge off...) "

woops completly missread XD I dont know how I misstook free Sam and Max sunglasses for Max shotglases 0_o
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited June 2010
    Free Sam & Max sunglasses isn't a bad idea, of course... even though it doesn't make any sense.
  • edited June 2010
    Free Sam & Max sunglasses isn't a bad idea, of course... even though it doesn't make any sense.

hehe Im sorry I was speedreading and my imagination ran away with it
  • edited June 2010
    Free rubber-pulley-with-a-chicken-in-the-middle isn't a bad idea, of course... even though it doesn't make any sense.

Fixed.
  • edited June 2010
    Finished the DVD versions of the series today and was annoyed to heck seeing that the Sam & Max 2010 is STILL there! It has nothing to do with the game. As a Monkey Island fan I'm not shit interested in freaking Sam & Max or Telltale! ...Thanks for the good series though. :P

I'm actually thinking of ordering me the deluxe edition, the cards and MI2SE in the future maybe. Once the fuzz around the tarot cards settle down and once the hurry shipping these yet new items is over. And, if there will be, The Trial of the Century-y-y-y t-shirt! :D That should be a must! Might give the current DVD to a friend in any case. Once again thank you for the delightful comeback of Monkey Island, no matter what compains I might have (had) regarding it!
  • edited June 2010
    You could always buy two shot glasses and tape them over your eyes.... I hear its a good way to make ugly people attractive.... or am I getting that wrong?
  • edited June 2010
    Acemaster wrote: »
    Finished the DVD versions of the series today and was annoyed to heck seeing that the Sam & Max 2010 is STILL there! It has nothing to do with the game. As a Monkey Island fan I'm not shit interested in freaking Sam & Max or Telltale! ...Thanks for the good series though. :P

I'm actually thinking of ordering me the deluxe edition, the cards and MI2SE in the future maybe. Once the fuzz around the tarot cards settle down and once the hurry shipping these yet new items is over. And, if there will be, The Trial of the Century-y-y-y t-shirt! :D That should be a must! Might give the current DVD to a friend in any case. Once again thank you for the delightful comeback of Monkey Island, no matter what compains I might have (had) regarding it!

YOU-LUCKY-SUN-OF-A-GUN-WHERE-THE-HELL-DID-YOU-FIND-A-MAGICIAN-TO-GIVE-YOU-SUCH-A-RARE-ITEM-WHERE-CAN-I-GET-ONE.

I haven't gotten mine yet.

And I pre-ordered. :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Oh, and for the record, Sam is off crying in a corner and Max is ready to tear your head off and use it as a basketball. You hurt their feelings. THEY KNOW WHERE YOU LIVE.
  • edited June 2010
    Irishmile wrote: »
    You could always buy two shot glasses and tape them over your eyes.... I hear its a good way to make ugly people attractive.... or am I getting that wrong?

No...no I think you got it right...
  • edited June 2010
    As a Monkey Island fan I'm not shit interested in freaking Sam & Max or Telltale!

... words ... I need more words ... my grasp of the language is not sufficient to describe the violent retching nausea this sentence is causing me to experience! How can you be a Monkey Island fan, and not care about Sam & Max or Telltale?!? :confused:
  • edited June 2010

You poor unfortunate soul.

UrsulaTheLittleMermaid.jpg
  • edited June 2010
    sigh... still not sent out...
  • edited June 2010
    I ordered mine on March 19 annd still no changes to my profile...
  • edited June 2010
    Just for reference
    Placed March 12, 2010
    Invoice

Tales of Monkey Island Voodoo Card Set
    Tales of Monkey Island Deluxe Edition
    Tales of Monkey Island Deluxe Edition Package
    Sam & Max Surfin' the Highway (Paperback)

Your order has been submitted to our warehouse and will ship soon. Please check back later for shipping info.
  • edited June 2010
    sigh... still not sent out...

Err... it's Sunday. They can't ship on Sundays.
  • edited June 2010
    I have that fear too. Bones crossed... whoops, I meant fingers.
  • edited June 2010
    Err... it's Sunday. They can't ship on Sundays.

it has been monday for 2 hours and 43 minutes already here in germany! Telltale really has no excuse now.

(except, you know, for the obvious ones.... but those don't count!)
  • edited June 2010
    TTG masters of time and space
  • edited June 2010
    I ordered my Deluxe Edition on June 19, hope I won't have to wait 2-3 months or something :eek:
  • edited June 2010
    Qualcosa wrote: »
    I ordered my Deluxe Edition on June 19, hope I won't have to wait 2-3 months or something :eek:

No, you won't. The only reason we had to wait that long was because Telltale were still finishing it.
  • edited June 2010
    Hayden wrote: »
    No, you won't. The only reason we had to wait that long was because Telltale were still finishing it.
    Thanks your answer made me happy :) and kinda sad. You all had to wait so much D-:
  • edited June 2010

Absolutely. There is a lot! :)
Sign in to comment in this discussion.