Monkey Island DVD Never Arriving? [it's shipping now]

Comments

• edited June 2010
    "Your order is being processed and will ship soon. Please check back later for shipping info." Yay!
  • edited June 2010
    Kal1138 wrote: »
    I ordered the Deluxe Edition on April 4 and it currently says "One or more items are backordered. Your order will ship when all items are in stock." :(

I ordered nearly a week before you and I'm still showing backordered. This is gonna take some time.
  • edited June 2010
    Judging by this thread they are getting through them fairly quickly. I should think most will be dispatched by friday
  • edited June 2010
    joslittle wrote: »
    Irishmile my brother loved your Little Big Planet Monkey Island characters

thats cool I had fun making them
  • edited June 2010
    Mine was shipped yesterday..hurrah!!

...and Irishsmile..I loved your characters too. I still have the wallpaper you made :)
  • edited June 2010
    now it's gone from "Being processed" to "submitted to the warehouse"
  • edited June 2010
    Here too crrash.... I wish Nelson Tethers was here to figure out the difference
  • edited June 2010
    Yay, finally moved from backordered to processing!
  • edited June 2010
    YAY mines on being processed
  • edited June 2010
    "Your order is being processed and will ship soon. Please check back later for shipping info."

I was starting to think that I'd never see this day :D
  • edited June 2010
    yay i got my 4 standards today :). Still waiting for my deluxe :(
  • edited June 2010
    hamza721 wrote: »
    yay i got my 4 standards today :). Still waiting for my deluxe :(

did you even buy the game that many times or are you just ripping off telltale?
  • edited June 2010
    jaden551 wrote: »
    did you even buy the game that many times or are you just ripping off telltale?

Thats how many the let me buy.
  • edited June 2010
    There is a bug that lets you order as many copies as you want for the cost of shipping.
  • edited June 2010
    Avistew wrote: »
    There is a bug that lets you order as many copies as you want for the cost of shipping.

not true only 4. Then you have to pay full price for additional ones
  • edited June 2010
    not true only 4. Then you have to pay full price for additional ones

Really? Because when I tested the bug I ordered 20 and didn't have to pay for any. I didn't finalise the order though, but I don't think that should make a difference.
    Maybe they changed it. Oh, whatever, I'm still not ordering more. I'd feel bad doing so.
  • edited June 2010
    Avistew wrote: »
    Really? Because when I tested the bug I ordered 20 and didn't have to pay for any. I didn't finalise the order though, but I don't think that should make a difference.
    Maybe they changed it. Oh, whatever, I'm still not ordering more. I'd feel bad doing so.

I've been told there was a guy who tried to order something like 50 copies at once, they cancelled his order and told him he was naughty, and I believe they may have somehow enforced some restrictions since then, but am unsure of the details.
  • edited June 2010
    so If I order 49 im safe?
  • edited June 2010
    Finally! Last night it was processing, now it's at the warehouse. I daresay, I might have it in a month. Damn Australia.
  • edited June 2010
    so If I order 49 im safe?

no only 1 deluxe and 4 standards. After that you have to pay full price
  • edited June 2010
    "Your order has been submitted to our warehouse and will ship soon. Please check back later for shipping info."
    Soon...
  • edited June 2010
    Saying "a year since purchase" is absolutely meaningless when you are talking about the DVD release, because they couldn't possibly have begun shipping the DVD until the last episode went live. Add a few months to prepare merchandise, create the disc content, get LEC's approval on all merch and the disc, and that brings you to March, when preorders started for the DVD. 3 months from preorder to the disc shipping is an absolutely trivial amount of time to be whining about. Even their shortest turnaround ever on DVD release from the time preorders started, (season one of Sam and Max) took over 3 weeks, so that was the MINIMUM time anyone should have expected. SBCG4AP's turnaround was nearly 2 months from preorders to shipping date, and more recently, W&G was over 3 months, and neither of those had anywhere near the same amount of content as the TMI disc, nor did they simultaneously produce loads of merch with them.

In summary, your complaints are nonsensical at best, and anyone who has any knowledge of what a preorder is would realize that under 4 months from the first day of preorder to first day of shipment is LIGHTNING fast for turnaround. For example, you can go to Gamestop right now and place a preorder on Diablo 3, and they don't even have an estimated YEAR of release for that yet.

Glad you're so pleased, but like I told someone else, I'm dissapointed in the time frame and the amount of notice I've recieved over the past year. I'm cool with you being happy about it, please try to respect that I am not.
  • edited June 2010
    Glad you're so pleased, but like I told someone else, I'm dissapointed in the time frame and the amount of notice I've recieved over the past year. I'm cool with you being happy about it, please try to respect that I am not.

They said from the moment preorders for the season started that the DVD preorders would be made available a while after the last episode was released, so again your point is nonexistent.
  • edited June 2010
    Irishmile wrote: »
    thats cool I had fun making them

Did you make them in little big planet or did you use photoshop, we're debating which one it is. Keep in mind there is money on the line here.
  • edited June 2010
    no only 1 deluxe and 4 standards. After that you have to pay full price

awwwwww crap...anyone wana buy 49 copys?
  • edited June 2010
    Just got my e-mail, my Deluxe edition has shipped.
  • edited June 2010
    ...Why would they let you get 5 copies? Even if you only sell the four extra ones ten bucks each, you'd more than pay back your game... I mean... if they managed to add restrictions, why not restrict it to one free DVD per game bought? Why five? I don't get it.
  • edited June 2010
    They said from the moment preorders for the season started that the DVD preorders would be made available a while after the last episode was released, so again your point is nonexistent.

Wow, still pushing huh? My nonexistent point is that I've been dissapointed by the service I've recieved. You haven't been, I accept that. Glad to see you're a loyal customer for telltale.
  • edited June 2010
    His point is that you're being unreasonable as a customer based on the evidence and the facts presented. Which, of course, is your prerogative.
  • edited June 2010
    Just got my e-mail, my Deluxe edition has shipped.

Right on. Good for you dude.
  • edited June 2010
    His point is that you're being unreasonable as a customer based on the evidence and the facts presented. Which, of course, is your prerogative.

I think it's a matter of opinion based on previous experiences with other retailers. You're are more than welcome to your opinion, just like I am to mine. Thanks for agreeing that opinion is a prerogative.
  • edited June 2010
    Yes, that's what I said.
  • edited June 2010
    Yes, that's what I said.

Awesome. And based on my previous experiences, I can say this one has been a let down in my book.
  • edited June 2010
    Awesome. And based on my previous experiences, I can say this one has been a let down in my book.

How many of your previous experiences allowed you to play the product digitally months before a physical edition existed, and then simply charged you the price of shipping to receive the physical product as well? (Or nothing at all, if you took advantage of the free shipping offer)

My guess is that you have had approximately zero other retailers that would do that, because none do. Is Valve going to mail you a disc for the cost of shipping if you bought The Orange Box via Steam? No. Is EA going to mail you a disc for the cost of shipping if you buy a digital copy of Dead Space? No.

Basically, you're complaining about something that TTG do because they are dedicated to their customers, and I see that as being really rude and unappreciative. If everyone reacted the way you have, TTG would likely stop offering the DVDs as a free bonus.
  • edited June 2010

Excellent. Isn't free will just the best?
  • edited June 2010
    How many of your previous experiences allowed you to play the product digitally months before a physical edition existed, and then simply charged you the price of shipping to receive the physical product as well? (Or nothing at all, if you took advantage of the free shipping offer)

My guess is that you have had approximately zero other retailers that would do that, because none do. Is Valve going to mail you a disc for the cost of shipping if you bought The Orange Box via Steam? No. Is EA going to mail you a disc for the cost of shipping if you buy a digital copy of Dead Space? No.

Basically, you're complaining about something that TTG do because they are dedicated to their customers, and I see that as being really rude and unappreciative. If everyone reacted the way you have, TTG would likely stop offering the DVDs as a free bonus.

To be fair, without the free shipping, the DVD would have cost some people (myself included) as much in shipping as buying it again.

Anyway, my order has finally shipped!!:guybrush:
  • edited June 2010
    Mine's still in the warehouse.
  • edited June 2010
    Mine's still in the warehouse.

What was your order date? Mine was on the 12th March.
  • edited June 2010
    March 22nd. I'm not worried. Just continuing to update :).
  • edited June 2010
    Excellent. Isn't free will just the best?

Well said. I hope you get your copy soon and enjoy it immensly.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.