Monkey Island DVD Never Arriving? [it's shipping now]

Comments

• edited June 2010
    Qualcosa wrote: »
    Thanks your answer made me happy :) and kinda sad. You all had to wait so much D-:

True, we did. But heck, we had to wait a whole 10 years for a fifth Monkey Island game, so what's three months in comparison?
  • edited June 2010
    ... words ... I need more words ... my grasp of the language is not sufficient to describe the violent retching nausea this sentence is causing me to experience! How can you be a Monkey Island fan, and not care about Sam & Max or Telltale?!? :confused:

Sorry. :( I did mean to be a little provokative though, though I thought people would get at least part of my message.

You see, I'm not a gamer. I play casually. I don't have good enough PC, interest nor the spare time that I need to play, like, all the games that come out, like some seem to be able to. If there ever were great games, though, something like my first loved games ever, those would be the games from the Monkey Island series.

Now, I don't care if it was Telltale or some other video game company that produced a new Monkey Island game after all these years. As far as it's a solid game and loyal to the series' feeling, humor and absurdness, I love it. I have to admit that Telltale have something to do with it, having some of the old Monkey Island crew on their payroll, being able to put up a game even this good, and offering surprisingly many old guardsmen from the Curse/EfMI voice acting cast. This adventure felt like Monkey Island, even though it had no hard puzzles or every single (including minor) character wasn't personal, and stuff. But I never cared if it was Telltale, Lucas Arts or Garrett's Gaming Gombany from Gambia that did it, as long as it was good. ToMI was. Kind of. Not even comparable to Curse, for example, but Monkey Islandy anyway.

What comes to Sam & Max, the Monkey Island series definitely had nothing to do with that... except for the Banang joke maybe. :) I'm not a fan of Sam & Max. I'm not a fan of Telltale games. I'm just a huge fan of Monkey Island. :) All thanks to Telltale though, just because it happened to be Telltale that made ToMI happen. :D
  • edited June 2010
    I just find it odd that you'd find Monkey Island enjoyable and funny, but not think the same of Sam and Max, since they're both classic adventure game series that are extremely funny. :)
  • edited June 2010
    I am playing through Sam & Max at the moment, and I have come by a lot of funny moments. But I seem to be at a point where I don't find it interesting for some reason, maybe it's because I have come to Moai Better Blues but I don't know.

I seemed to find MI better, I played them all in one go over a few days.

But I sure like them both, both Sam & Max and MI are very funny. :)
  • edited June 2010
    I used to be mostly a MI fan, but now I definitely like Sam and Max better. I think I'll replay Hit the Road now that I might understand what's going on better.
  • edited June 2010
    The concept art on the DVD is amazing! There is so much! :D

Can you give us a little hint as to what's on there? :D
  • edited June 2010
    I love both Monkey Island and Sam and Max. I spend much more time in the MI forums than the Sam and Max ones (though mostly because my hard drive broke before I finished ep 302 and I don't want to see spoilers). I might prefer one to the other, but I can't work out which one!

Looking forward to seeing this bonus concept art! :D I'll have to make sure I watch the commentary too (something I always forget about).
  • edited June 2010
    While the game is great I think I'm going to stick to only instant downloads from now on when it comes to Telltale. I'm sure there was a reason for the wait, but honestly, I couldn't care less what it is. Any information I wanted about this things eventual release I had to look for in the forums, that wouldn't have been so bad if I hadn't already paid, but I had, in March of 2009. This was annoying and pretty unprofessional. Better luck with your next project.
  • edited June 2010
    Avistew wrote: »
    I used to be mostly a MI fan, but now I definitely like Sam and Max better. I think I'll replay Hit the Road now that I might understand what's going on better.

understand sam & max? that makes no sense
  • edited June 2010
    Crrash wrote: »
    understand sam & max? that makes no sense

I meant understand the words.
  • edited June 2010
    I've played a bit of the "Hit the road" classic. I've never managed to bring myself to advance much, I just don't like it. So that's why I also haven't tried any of Telltale's Sam & Max.
  • edited June 2010
    I've played a bit of the "Hit the road" classic. I've never managed to bring myself to advance much, I just don't like it. So that's why I also haven't tried any of Telltale's Sam & Max.

I actually see where you're coming from. I never liked Hit the Road as much as the other graphic adventures, and I didn't find the first 2 seasons as good as Tales or Wallace and Gromit. That said however, The Devil's Playhouse is so much better, and I really like Sam and Max now. I've gone back to the older games, and I appreciate them more.
  • edited June 2010
    joslittle wrote: »
    While the game is great I think I'm going to stick to only instant downloads from now on when it comes to Telltale. I'm sure there was a reason for the wait, but honestly, I couldn't care less what it is. Any information I wanted about this things eventual release I had to look for in the forums, that wouldn't have been so bad if I hadn't already paid, but I had, in March of 2009. This was annoying and pretty unprofessional. Better luck with your next project.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pre-order
  • edited June 2010
    Couldn't have said it better my self. :)
  • edited June 2010
    joslittle wrote: »
    if I hadn't already paid, but I had, in March of 2009.

Also, how were you able to preorder the DVD 3 months before the game was even announced? :confused:
  • edited June 2010
    Also, how were you able to preorder the DVD 3 months before the game was even announced? :confused:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Time_Travel

Edit: Wait, even then it would be impossible. I guess the plausible explanation would be that joslittle made an error in typing his complaint.
  • edited June 2010
    Any updates on shipping the deluxe edition yet?

Ordered on 13th March and its still on backorder according to my profile :(

to be honest I'd quite happily wait til next year as long as I got a firm ship date as it is the suspense is, well not quite killing me but it's definitely up to the level of a nasty Chinese burn...
  • edited June 2010
    Junaid wrote: »
    Can you give us a little hint as to what's on there? :D

Hmm well, ok. I won't give too much away and I'll put it in spoiler tags
    A couple of stand alone pieces of characters - the kind you want to frame and put on your wall; lots of development pieces showing nips and tucks with notes about what's being changed and why; lots of quick sketches of character's expressions; LOCATIONS!! beautiful sketches and renders of locations; character renders... and seriously loads more! Just over 100 pieces altogether, definitely my favourite bit of the dvd :D
  • edited June 2010
    Just curious...
    Sam & Max: The Devil's Playhouse
    Tales of Monkey Island Voodoo Card Set
    Tales of Monkey Island Deluxe Edition
    Tales of Monkey Island DVD with Steve Purcell slipcase
    One or more items are backordered. Your order will ship when all items are in stock.

Can you please tell me which items are preventing my package to be sent?
  • edited June 2010
    jannar85 wrote: »
    Just curious...

Deluxe.
  • edited June 2010
    Woo, got mine today! :D
  • edited June 2010
    Just curious...

Nothing but volume now.

It should ship any day now.
  • edited June 2010
    nOmArch wrote: »
    Any updates on shipping the deluxe edition yet?

The Deluxe Edition started shipping on Friday. Then it was the weekend, so most people's Deluxe Editions haven't shipped yet, but are about to. You should both have your packages shipped within the week.
  • edited June 2010
    NeatNit wrote: »
    Woo, got mine today! :D

Wait. What? What did you get? TELL MEEEEEE
  • edited June 2010
    Just the DVD...
    and the Sam & Max Animated Series...

It shipped June 11th, and I'm surprised - I thought it would take longer :)
  • edited June 2010
    :confused: He didn't even say the word sunglasses in that entire post.
    You have to read between the lines.
  • edited June 2010
    Free? I would be betraying my principals NOT to take it.
  • edited June 2010
    guybrush_dance.gif
    Your order is being processed and will ship soon. Please check back later for shipping info.
  • edited June 2010
    60141309.png

Yay, finally. =)
  • edited June 2010
    *RAAAGE* i will never ge-

oh what's this?

"Order #| Placed March 20, 2010

Sam & Max Season Two Case File
    Wallace and Gromit's Grand Adventures Season Upgrade + Collector's DVD
    Your order is being processed and will ship soon. Please check back later for shipping info. "

oh when did this happen?

i love telltale!

so mh now i'll have to wait until it finally gets to germany
  • edited June 2010
    I ordered the Deluxe Edition on April 4 and it currently says "One or more items are backordered. Your order will ship when all items are in stock." :(
  • edited June 2010
    Placed March 12, 2010
    Invoice
    Tales of Monkey Island Deluxe Edition Package
    Your order has been submitted to our warehouse and will ship soon. Please check back later for shipping info.

Aaaaw. :(
  • edited June 2010
    Order #xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx | Placed March 23, 2010
    Invoice
    Tales of Monkey Island Standard DVD
    Tales of Monkey Island T-Shirt - Men's Large
    Your order is being processed and will ship soon. Please check back later for shipping info.

Finally-y-y some progress here....
  • edited June 2010
    "Your order is being processed and will ship soon. Please check back later for shipping info."

Oh!! Oh!! Something's happening!! Something's happening!!
  • edited June 2010
    What's the difference between "has been submitted to our warehouse" and "is being processed"? Which comes first?
  • edited June 2010
    I was just wondering that :p
    Mine's at the warehouse, is that better or worse than being processed?
    I'm hoping it's better :D
  • edited June 2010
    I was just wondering that :p
    Mine's at the warehouse, is that better or worse than being processed?
    I'm hoping it's better :D

1. "Is being processed" sounds like: "Okaay, what do we have here..." and
    2. "At the warehouse" sounds like: "Everything that's supposed to be in the package is in the package and good to go."

At least that's my interpretation. :D
  • edited June 2010
    Order #600052721572734 | Placed March 12, 2010 Invoice

Reticulating splines. Please check back later for shipping info.
  • edited June 2010
    Order #600052911845363 March 09, 2010

This order doesn't exist. Stop being a smartass.
  • edited June 2010
    Mermaid wrote: »
    1. "Is being processed" sounds like: "Okaay, what do we have here..." and
    2. "At the warehouse" sounds like: "Everything that's supposed to be in the package is in the package and good to go."

At least that's my interpretation. :D
    i thought "being processed" means they are looking for a sucker to walk over to the warehouse with the order information and "at the warehouse" means that they found a sucker, but now he/she is trying to make the workers do their job and start packing the games.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.