Monkey Island DVD Never Arriving? [it's shipping now]

Comments

• edited June 2010
    I live about 5 miles north of Telltale and I just got my deluxe edition today. Expect yours soon.
  • edited June 2010
    Mine's in the warehouse too and I placed it March 15. :(
  • edited June 2010
    Yay, mine has changed to "being processed and will ship soon," now I am getting really excited. :)
  • edited June 2010
    Mmmm, mmmm, mmmm! Order SHIPPED!
  • edited June 2010
    And...my DVD and cards are HERE!!!
    :D

Thanks a lot guys! Looks like I might time to play it before MI2 next week after all!
    :)

By the way, it shipped June 22nd, so that took about a week and a day to reach the UK for anyone wondering.
  • edited June 2010
    Mmmm, mmmm, mmmm! Order SHIPPED!

Ok, now I'm worried. We live in the Same country and my order is still at the warehouse. Hmm...
  • edited June 2010
    Ok, now I'm worried. We live in the Same country and my order is still at the warehouse. Hmm...

Don't worry, mine's still in the at the warehouse too. You have nothing to worry about. Or perhaps we both have something worry about. Either way, you're not alone.
  • edited June 2010

Looks like the race is ON!
    Hayden wrote: »
    Don't worry, mine's still in the at the warehouse too. You have nothing to worry about. Or perhaps we both have something worry about. Either way, you're not alone.

He has EVERYTHING to worry about: first one to get it gets the honour of reviewing it!
  • edited June 2010
    He has EVERYTHING to worry about: first one to get it gets the honour of reviewing it!

He can always review it after you. And if he chooses to do so, his review will probably be of higher quality because he won't need to rush it.
  • edited June 2010
    He can always review it after you. And if he chooses to do so, his review will probably be of higher quality because he won't need to rush it.

No, the rules of our contest forbid that!

And what's this about rushing it? If I get it first, the contest is over, I can take my sweet time!
  • edited June 2010

And what's this about rushing it? If I get it first, the contest is over, I can take my sweet time!

I wasn't aware that you getting the DVD before him disallowed him from reviewing it. That's an awful rule, nothing should forbid OzzieMonkey from giving his review. But, if the rule stands, the rule stands - no matter how crappy it is. However, there is a loophole in the rules; OzzieMonkey could, of course, write a review and then post it on a different blog than CulturalZest.
  • edited June 2010

Not necessarily. I instigate a new rule: We get people to vote for each review. The one with the most votes wins!
  • edited June 2010
    I wasn't aware that you getting the DVD before him disallowed him from reviewing it. That's an awful rule, nothing should forbid OzzieMonkey from giving his review. But, if the rule stands, the rule stands - no matter how crappy it is. However, there is a loophole in the rules; OzzieMonkey could, of course, write a review and then post it on a different blog than CulturalZest.

no, it doesn't disallow him; just the fact that its a race, and the race means who wins wins! of course he can write a review, but only the one who gets the dvd first gets to publish the two reviews (or 3, if haggis is getting it...)
    Not necessarily. I instigate a new rule: We get people to vote for each review. The one with the most votes wins!

Now now, no need to get crazy here... :D
  • edited June 2010
    no, it doesn't disallow him; just the fact that its a race, and the race means who wins wins! of course he can write a review, but only the one who gets the dvd first gets to publish the two reviews (or 3, if haggis is getting it...)

Now now, no need to get crazy here... :D

I am still utterly confused by the race.
  • edited June 2010
    I am still utterly confused by the race.

I was hoping you could explain it :confused:

How about:

1. Whoever get it first gets to post their review and gets the revered title of All High Master of the Post
    2. Other one gets to post later, but must add a humble "I am only second best" at the top of the review
  • edited June 2010
    Or you could go with:

'Tales of Monkey Island' DVD Review: Gold Edition
    'Tales of Monkey Island' DVD Review: Silver Edition
    'Tales of Monkey Island' DVD Review: Bronze Edition

and if there were a fourth writer, you could have:

'Tales of Monkey Island' DVD Review: Wooden Nickel Edition
  • edited June 2010
    Or you could go with:

'Tales of Monkey Island' DVD Review: Gold Edition
    'Tales of Monkey Island' DVD Review: Silver Edition
    'Tales of Monkey Island' DVD Review: Bronze Edition

and if there were a fourth writer, you could have:

'Tales of Monkey Island' DVD Review: Wooden Nickel Edition

ok Hayden, I say we do this!
    And by we, I mean me and OzzieMonkey. Not you. Until you're REEEAAAL nice and we need more writers. so like, september
  • edited June 2010
    And by we, I mean me and OzzieMonkey. Not you. Until you're REEEAAAL nice and we need more writers. so like, september

Ok then. Race, start!
  • edited June 2010
    And by we, I mean me and OzzieMonkey. Not you.

So, you accepted the idea? Nice.

Yes, I'm aware of who you were referring to. I only put three placings there (gold, silver and bronze) because I was thinking of Haggis.
    Until you're REEEAAAL nice and we need more writers. so like, september

We'll see what happens. Why September in particular? Thinking of expanding the blog in that month?
  • edited June 2010
    Ok then. Race, start!

The race started earlier today when mine shipped!
    Why September in particular? Thinking of expanding the blog in that month?

No, but we have all the writers we need at the moment and by september, you know, getting close to jurrassic park and stuff and we are expanding the SITE (not blog :p) in increments.

But i dont know if its kind of like spamming these forums by discussing it, so yeah, i might stop here.
  • edited June 2010
    yours shipped, what extras did you order?
  • edited June 2010
    we are expanding the SITE (not blog :p) in increments.

Oh whoops, sorry, silly mistake by me.
    But i dont know if its kind of like spamming these forums by discussing it, so yeah, i might stop here.

Yes, good point. I'll stop asking questions.
  • edited June 2010
    prizna wrote: »
    yours shipped, what extras did you order?

nothing, deluxe edition with devils playhouse so i got free shipping. i didnt have enough money for anything else.
    Yes, good point. I'll stop asking questions.

Yeah
  • edited June 2010
    nothing, deluxe edition with devils playhouse so i got free shipping. i didnt have enough money for anything else.

Well, that would explain it them, I guess. As I ordered the voodoo cards and, by the sound of it, Prizna also ordered extras and I think we are both still waiting on our respective packages.
  • edited June 2010

Yeah

I guess thats why mine hasnt shipped yet :(

I ordered the voodoo cards, button set #2 and the drinking vessel
  • edited June 2010
    Well, that would explain it them, I guess. As I ordered the voodoo cards and, by the sound of it, Prizna also ordered extras and I think we are both still waiting on our respective packages.

my voodoo cards have shipped, and my max shotglass
  • edited June 2010
    Hi,

Today makes Day 3 mine has been in the Warehouse being processed and will ship soon. How long does it take to process and ship?
  • edited June 2010
    WesMote44 wrote: »
    Hi,

Today makes Day 3 mine has been in the Warehouse being processed and will ship soon. How long does it take to process and ship?

raiders_of_the_lost_ark_government_warehouse_new.jpg
  • edited June 2010
    Just S&M3 and ToMI Deluxe, March 13th. And not shipped yet either :(.

*Is sad kitty*
  • edited June 2010
    raiders_of_the_lost_ark_government_warehouse_new.jpg

Hilarious! :D
  • edited June 2010
    NeatNit wrote: »
    What's the difference between "has been submitted to our warehouse" and "is being processed"? Which comes first?

Now I can tell for sure:

1. Being processed
    2. Submitted to the warehouse.
  • edited June 2010
    woop mines gone to warehouse.
  • edited June 2010
    And...my DVD and cards are HERE!!!
    :D

Thanks a lot guys! Looks like I might time to play it before MI2 next week after all!

By the way, it shipped June 22nd, so that took about a week and a day to reach the UK for anyone wondering.

Could you post a photo/scan of the special voodoo card that comes with the deluxe package?
  • edited June 2010
    He didn't get the Deluxe
    I think
  • edited June 2010
    By the way, my shipped Deluxe was ordered with Sam and Max Season Three and another game's DVD that I hadn't had shipped to me yet.
  • edited June 2010
    Hi,

Yeah.... its been like that for me too.... its .... kind of ... lame.
  • edited June 2010
    Mine's Shipped! :)
  • edited June 2010
    It's better than still being backordered.
  • edited June 2010
    Hi,

My Regular Edition has been in that state for over three weeks.
  • edited June 2010
    Holy crap seriously? Now I am worried.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.