Monkey Island DVD Never Arriving? [it's shipping now]

Comments

• edited June 2010
    I clicked on "track my package" but it's saying it can't find the item. Should I be worried?
  • edited June 2010
    I clicked on "track my package" but it's saying it can't find the item. Should I be worried?

naw they cant track internatinal orders it was the same with my sam and max dvds and poster and bages there all came fine
  • edited June 2010
    jermy52 wrote: »
    wow the deluxe is shipping. whats everyone going to whine about now?
    When people finally get the boxes, complaints will surely arise about the contents. I mean, I'm not exactly happy with the map myself, and a lot of it just kind of feels...a lot less polished than the analogous sam and Max releases.
  • edited June 2010
    Actually they gave me a tracking number and I am in Brazil. Maybe you have to put your own tracking number on USPS website yourself, and they take 1 day to update the status. Like, if it left a city today, they'll write "LEFT ____" tomorrow
  • edited June 2010
    I am trying really hard not to be annoyed that mine has not shipped yet and has been telling me its in the warehouse and to check back later all this week even though people already have theirs in their hands..... happy thoughts, happy thoughts.
  • edited June 2010
    why are you guys still posting! go play puzzle agent!
  • edited June 2010
    Buy it for me and I will.
  • edited June 2010
    why arnt you playing it insted of telling us to
  • edited June 2010
    IT'S HERE!

Okay, Avistew, I promised. Let me know if there's any other pictures you want.

Wow, you got it fast!
    Thanks for the pictures, they're really nice. I can't think of more pics... I'm guessing the coaster is blank on the other side?

The bonus voodoo card looks great! As do the voodoo cards in general, but we saw these already.
    The chest looks pretty nice, despite being branded with the rating stuff like the voodoo cards.

I think in the Deluxe Edition, the card is the star of the show. I know people have said the coin was the best, but I beg to differ. That card is awesome :)

I hope I get my DVD soon. It shipped on the 12th. Of course, this is International shipping so it could take a while yet.
    Can't wait, I'm so jealous of you guys who can listen to the commentaries already. Not to mention, my husband hasn't played the game yet so I'll haver to wait until he does... No commentary for mefor a while :p
  • edited June 2010
    Am I the only one who is sad that the cloth wasn't cut to look as the map?
  • edited June 2010
    thin029 wrote: »

Definetly not at all.
  • edited June 2010
    why arnt you playing it insted of telling us to

i am. i am writing this on another computer. This game is amazing! i highly recommend everyone plays it!
  • edited June 2010
    Buy it for me and I will.

actually i do have an extra copy because i bought the game twice for the half off offer. anyone want it i can send them it free
  • edited June 2010
    I don't have it yet because my budget got insanely tight for the next couple months. :(
  • edited June 2010
    Yay, mine has changed to "being processed and will ship soon," now I am getting really excited. :)

And now it's been changed to "submitted to warehouse", getting closer each day. :)
  • edited June 2010
    evil_spock wrote: »
    Nice to know that I'm not the only one with that problem. I ordered the regular edition (with Purcell's art) and Max & Crossbones t-shirt. I've read that people have received their stuff even though the order status still says "Your order has been submitted to our warehouse... yada yada" but I'm starting to doubt this is the case with my order.

I'll wait a bit more but if my order won't arrive (or be shipped) next week, I will contact the customer service.

I ordered the Max & Crossbones shirt as well. So maybe that's what's holding up our orders. Please keep me posted on your progress; I'll do the same ;)
  • edited June 2010
    naw they cant track internatinal orders it was the same with my sam and max dvds and poster and bages there all came fine

its tracking mine...
  • edited June 2010
    hamza721 wrote: »
    actually i do have an extra copy because i bought the game twice for the half off offer. anyone want it i can send them it free

send it to someone in somalia; Make Poverty History!
    What, they don't have computers? That sucks!
  • edited June 2010
    send it to someone in somalia; Make Poverty History!
    What, they don't have computers? That sucks!
    What are you talking about? There were 98,000 internet users reported in Somolia in 2008!

On the other hand, Somolians aren't as deserving as me.
  • edited June 2010
    What are you talking about? There were 98,000 internet users reported in Somolia in 2008!

On the other hand, Somolians aren't as deserving as me.

really? wow.

also, can anyone tell me if there are credits on the dvd?
  • edited June 2010
    really? wow.
    Really! Do you really think that I would kid about how deserving I am of things? :D
  • edited June 2010
    Really! Do you really think that I would kid about how deserving I am of things? :D

no, of course not :D. but i think you deserve it so much you deserve the deluxe edition, that's what you deserve!
  • edited June 2010
    There is no Deluxe Edition of Puzzle Agent. =O
  • edited June 2010
    There is no Deluxe Edition of Puzzle Agent. =O

i thought we were talking about the dvd...

also, after the initial review version of puzzle agent, this release IS deluxe!
  • edited June 2010
    Nevermind. I can track my package now.
  • edited June 2010
    Nevermind. I can track my package now.

Ooooh, I'm worried you're going to win now!
  • edited June 2010
    Yay my package has been shipped ^_^
  • edited June 2010
    pluizig wrote: »
    I ordered the Max & Crossbones shirt as well. So maybe that's what's holding up our orders. Please keep me posted on your progress; I'll do the same ;)

I don't think it takes over three months to produce two t-shirts :) . I'll let you know if something happens.
  • edited June 2010
    Mine's shipping too :D
  • edited June 2010
    Ooooh, I'm worried you're going to win now!

Well even if you win, I can still try and beat you in the monkey race. How about a race for reviewing Monkey 2 SE first?
  • edited June 2010
    Well even if you win, I can still try and beat you in the monkey race. How about a race for reviewing Monkey 2 SE first?

Fine; I haven't bought it. And probably won't for a while. It depends if Telltale's going to be releasing it. If not, I'll get it from Steam in the holidays maybe. If yes, but in a year, I'll get it from Steam in a few months. If yes, and in a few months, I'll wait. But I'm not getting it right away. Because I don't have the money.

If I was one of less morals, I'd try to score a review copy and/or pirate the game, but i) that's wrong (pirating), and ii) LucasArts never responded to my request.
  • edited July 2010
    hamza721 wrote: »

Well, since I asked first I should get it.
  • edited July 2010
    My order has shipped! :D Just got home from work and that's my first new email. Sweet!
  • edited July 2010
    thin029 wrote: »
    No, you're not alone.

I got my order yesterday and was excited to open it.

TBH, I don't mind the packaging or even the cut-out figures on the back of the slipcase, (not that anyone would ever use them), but I was disappointed with the map...it just looks to me like they printed it on a handkerchief.
  • edited July 2010
    also, can anyone tell me if there are credits on the dvd?

If there are, I can't find them.
  • edited July 2010
    I'm gonna cut the map myself. Arrrr
  • edited July 2010
    Munky wrote: »
    I was disappointed with the map...it just looks to me like they printed it on a handkerchief.

They probably did just that. We, as fans, could probably go to the store and buy a handkerchief of similar size and material, then have someone print the map onto it. Telltale had this done in bulk though, so I imagine it cost them less to do that it would for us.

Of course, it has been pointed out that we have each paid only $15 total for the extra bonus items, so the cost TTG has paid to create the items must be $15 per set or less. This makes me wonder how much it costs per set for them to make everything. I wouldn't imagine that they would even bother by making any of it if they only broke even.
  • edited July 2010
    Mine still has not left the warehouse >:-(
  • edited July 2010
    with all previous telltale games, i've bought the season,
    and then been able to upgrade to the collectors dvd for the cost of shipping,
    can anyone show me where i do that for tales of monkey island?
    i can't find anywhere to put in my order number to qualify for already having bought the season!
  • edited July 2010
    Didero wrote: »
    Mine's shipping too :D
    *Makes a note to give Didero a visit if it arrives before mine, since he's so nearby anyway*
    :Insert lacking evil icon here:
Sign in to comment in this discussion.