24th June and no Puzzle Agent yet

Comments

• edited June 2010
    This is a pretty high quality problem for Telltale to have. "People can't wait to play your games." :-)

I'm looking forward to Puzzle Agent. I'm sure it'll be really fun.
  • edited June 2010
    jp-30 wrote: »
    The next S&M episode is out next month, so he won't have to wait that long.

He said a new iPad puzzle to keep him occupied while Sam & Max gets updated. Sam & Max has been delayed on the iPad for a while now. Telltale has it's hands full with all the games they are making.
  • Matt HMatt H Telltale Alumni
    edited June 2010
    Yeah, these guys are a lot slower at programming than they said in the interview

badworker.jpg
  • edited June 2010
    I don't mind waiting, I have the previous S&M on PC to play while i wait for the next Ipad Episode. Still waiting for Day Of the Tenticle. [Holds Breath]
  • edited June 2010
    Matt H wrote: »
    Yeah, these guys are a lot slower at programming then they said in the interview

Awesome. You're really making every single post you make matter, aren't you?
  • edited June 2010
    pa.jpg

The real reason it's taking a little longer. They keep escaping and creating havoc!
  • edited June 2010
    I don't mind waiting, I have the previous S&M on PC to play while i wait for the next Ipad Episode. Still waiting for Day Of the Tenticle. [Holds Breath]

That would be awesome!!! Fate of Atlantis too!

Of course, I might as well ask for Gabriel Knight while I'm at it.
  • edited June 2010
    "Redheads", huh? Looks like a clue!
  • edited June 2010
    Matt H wrote: »
    Yeah, these guys are a lot slower at programming then they said in the interview

badworker.jpg

I always like those little glimpses at the Telltale Tool. I would love some sort making of-video someday.
  • edited June 2010
    It cant be long now can it?
  • edited June 2010
    prizna wrote: »
    It cant be long now can it?

puzzle-agent-hero.gif
  • edited June 2010
    "PUZZLE AGENT NEARLY HERE!
    New trailer and final days for pre-order offer"

Yep.
    My bet: this coming wednesday. (yeah, it's easy to say it now, but i was pretty sure from the beginning it was going to come out at the very end of June ;D even if i wanted it before Sam & Max 303... not a big deal at all now)
  • edited June 2010
    I bet they are just afraid to go near the button..

youdoit.png
  • edited June 2010
    Expect it.
    Early next week.
  • edited June 2010
    I just ordered it, so it will be available pretty soon. :O)
  • edited June 2010
    taumel wrote: »
    I just ordered it, so it will be available pretty soon. :O)
    They were just waiting until you buy it :p
  • edited June 2010
    Finally, someone who understands how these omnious release mechanisms work behind the scenes. ;O)
  • edited June 2010
    I like the way telltale say it will be a certain month that they will have a game ready but can't they just say "hey guys puzzle agent is going really well, we should have it out by mid June, however this could change." Simple ...no?

I never said they had to make a day known to us and stick to it! All I said was can't they just talk to us more because episodic gaming is "as it comes" so tell us more about it "as it comes" instead of picking a month and making us wait with NO communication between announcing the release month and days before releasing the game. We would all appreciate it and telltale would generate even more buzz about their games.
  • edited June 2010
    I like the way telltale say it will be a certain month that they will have a game ready but can't they just say "hey guys puzzle agent is going really well, we should have it out by mid June, however this could change." Simple ...no?

I never said they had to make a day known to us and stick to it! All I said was can't they just talk to us more because episodic gaming is "as it comes" so tell us more about it "as it comes" instead of picking a month and making us wait with NO communication between announcing the release month and days before releasing the game. We would all appreciate it and telltale would generate even more buzz about their games.

Pick a month? that is not how telltale works.
    By the way they arent giving info because they still dont know much yet they have stated 100 times if they know the release date, they will tell us.

I remember in sbcg4ap telltale gave us so much news and half of it didnt even matter(doing well, behind schedule a bit, brother chaps working well with us etc...) Just be patient and things will be fine. im pretty sure now that they are going to release it on the 30th just to anger those who complain like you.
  • edited June 2010
    youdoit.png
    DO IT LITTLE HIDDEN PERSON DO IT!!!!
    youdoit2.png
  • edited June 2010
    I'll be happy if they can get it to wiiware on july 5.
  • edited June 2010
    I appreciate that we got the latest Sam&Max episode this soon, relative to PST, sadly i still haven't found enough time this week to play it all through and when there was some time, football won.

So personally, although i'm looking forward to the game as well, i'm kind of relaxed and dunno, as it's obvious that it will be released within the next days/hours, i would just give them a break, at least this time. ;O)
  • edited June 2010
    Yeah I am actually in no hurry either.... I just like photoshopping hidden people into pictures.... I think from now on when I post a picture of me here there may be one in it.
  • edited June 2010
    No problem and nicely done.
  • edited June 2010
    I got my Book of Grickle today, it's really good! I wasn't expecting hardcover, but am rather glad it is as it's my preferred style. So now I'm all set for the game! Looking forward to it more than ever, at least 2 days to go! That said, if it doesn't make the june deadline, then I will not be disappointed as I much prefer a game that is perfect than one that has had a rush release!
  • edited June 2010
    jeeno0142 wrote: »
    if it doesn't make the june deadline
    It will ;) PC/Mac at least.
    This much is confirmed.
  • edited June 2010
    Wizpig wrote: »
    It will ;) PC/Mac at least.
    This much is confirmed.

Yeah as confirmed as Duke Nukem was for a release in 2006. Not that i cant wait, but just saying that telltale isnt bound to a releasedate.
  • edited June 2010
    Ahh, Dukith Nukemith... How we shalt remember thou art mortal, and subject to delays infinite.
  • edited June 2010
    thiz wrote: »
    Yeah as confirmed as Duke Nukem was for a release in 2006. Not that i cant wait, but just saying that telltale isnt bound to a releasedate.

Hey 2006 could very well still be the date.
    Remember people TIMETRAVEL.
  • edited June 2010

Duke Nukem had the worst development in history.
    They almost finished it then they said "hey lets start over with this slightly newer engine" and they did that every time a new engine came out.
    Why didnt they just release the game then start making a sequel for the unreal engine?
  • edited June 2010
    Gman5852 wrote: »
    Hey 2006 could very well still be the date.
    Remember people TIMETRAVEL.

Duke: Who the Hell are you? My evil twin?
    Duke: I'm you genius, only back in time... Aliens have travelled into Earth's past to change the future, I went back to fight them, but my time machine was destroyed. If you don't go back and make things right, Earth's history will be forever changed.
    Duke: So much for my vacation time.
  • edited June 2010

The Telltale newsletter "The Interloper" came out a few days ago and they confirmed that the game will be released in June (though posts here indicate it will not be all channels right away. eg. Steam, and probably Wiiware).
  • edited June 2010
    I still like the fact that Duke Nukem Forever had the acronym DNF. Which also stands for Did Not Finish.

However, to pass the time, I actually watched some of the Grickle videos.
    All I can say is, Wow.

They're either creepy or absolutely twisted (sometimes to the degree that as the plot continues, things get more twisted and twisted).

And I have to say, they're brilliantly done.

I'd imagine that Puzzle Agent will be a little more tame, but perhaps the creep factor will remain. Graham has a flair for that horror vibe and combined with an art-style almost typical of a light-hearted cartoon ('cept for them dramatic shadows. He could make broad daylight look like a horror set). I'm rather eager to find out how he puts that unique flair to the game. Should be quite interesting, indeed.
  • edited June 2010
    not sure to get it on wiiware or pc now... I'd be down for wiiware if they could confirm a release date when the pc one is out.
  • edited June 2010
    In addition to waiting for the release date, I'll have to wait for apples app approval process.
  • edited June 2010
    June 2011
  • edited June 2010
    Mark Darin's facebook status read
    "6 am and I am STILL working! I haven't slept yet, but video games must be made!!"

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/mark.darin?v=wall&story_fbid=112013888847097
  • edited June 2010
    Well I'm all finished with my review. Enjoy the game people.. Or waiting for it anyhow. *maniacal laughter*
  • edited June 2010
    Irishmile wrote: »
    "6 am and I am STILL working! I haven't slept yet, but video games must be made!!"

If he is anything like me, he must see the finish line close in the distance. That would be the only thing compelling me to work at 6:00 am without sleep.
  • edited June 2010
    Irishmile wrote: »

I think we need a Mark Darin appreciation thread now. :p
Sign in to comment in this discussion.