24th June and no Puzzle Agent yet

So when exactly are TTG going to release this game, I mean it is already the 24th of June and there isn't even a wink of hope that this game will be released in June, like they say.

That's the problem with TTG they give us, and you will all agree, excellent games but they always keep us in pitch black darkness about release dates.

Yeah they said June but you've got to be wondering if they are going to make it or not. Only six more days to go in June and as each day passes the window does too.

A proper dating system needs to be established OR the blog needs more posts with open and honest addresses for our forum based concerns. So say you or I post something like "when is the game going to be released? Is there now a static date for release?". Then TTG should go onto their blog and submit a new post answering our questions. Or at least release FAQ details.

Who agrees??

Comments

• edited June 2010
    Um, they do release the games in the given day. It's just the, you know, timezones and all that...

So I don't agree.
  • edited June 2010
    They release things as soon as they are able to, and are generally pretty punctual with meeting deadlines, and I'm not the most impatient person in the world. Quality takes time, and if you don't want semi-vague release dates, I don't think episodic gaming is your cup of tea.
  • edited June 2010
    I guess i should demystify this one, actually it's quite simple:

Puzzle Agent will be available at the very same day, i'll decide buying the game. As i haven't been up to this so far, no Puzzle Agent. Maybe after i've played through e3 of Sam&Max, i'll be in the right mood, okay?
  • edited June 2010
    Blog wrote:
    We'll be doing something special on the 25th, so check back with us on Friday!
    3char
  • edited June 2010
    I disagree with you. The episodes have dates and respect them. The dates might be released on the late side, but that's not a problem as far as I'm concerned. This way they meet their dates.
  • edited June 2010
    You can always assume the game will be released in October, then be pleasantly surprised at how early they got it out.
  • ZakZak
    edited June 2010
    Telltale seems to be really awful with letting fans know about release dates.

I'm always late on new S&M episodes, because I never have any way of knowing when one is about to come out.
  • edited June 2010
    Zak wrote: »

I'm always late on new S&M episodes, because I never have any way of knowing when one is about to come out.
    They always post the release date on the blog the minute they know themselves. You should keep an eye on that, it's pretty interesting :)
  • edited June 2010

Huh? They always give the date on the blog, and other gaming websites give it too. If you're wondering, it's easy enough to just look and it will be everywhere.
    Plus they send you an email once it's out.
  • edited June 2010

They release dates when they know and that is usually a week ahead. If you just check the blogs every once in a while you wouldent be late to the party.
    Dont go blaming the company because you cant check every once in a while.
  • edited June 2010

They announced the release date of episode 303 on June 10th, 12 days before it was released.

That's almost a full two week's notice.
  • edited June 2010
    Puzzle Agent is more of a minor release so they're probably not so worried about it, and doing more of a "it'll be out when it's ready" rather than announcing a deadline and then having to stress about it when they're right in the middle of another fairly major series. (And as cool as Puzzle Agent looks, I'm *way* more bothered about Sam and Max getting timely releases!)
  • edited June 2010
    NeatNit wrote: »
    3char

That blog was about a charity from the Wallace and Gromit company.
    I doubt Puzzle agent will be linked to that at all
  • ZakZak
    edited June 2010
    serializer wrote: »
    Puzzle Agent is more of a minor release so they're probably not so worried about it, and doing more of a "it'll be out when it's ready" rather than announcing a deadline and then having to stress about it when they're right in the middle of another fairly major series. (And as cool as Puzzle Agent looks, I'm *way* more bothered about Sam and Max getting timely releases!)

I doubt if they've spent the time to make a fully functional game that works on 3 platforms, they wouldn't be "not so worried about it"
  • edited June 2010
    Once again. They haven't even sent out the press releases yet, so chill your buns. It'll get here when it does. In the mean time, play S'n'M.
  • edited June 2010
    I doubt if they've spent the time to make a fully functional game that works on 3 platforms, they wouldn't be "not so worried about it"

serializer means that this game is just a pilot unlike sam and max jurassic park and back to the future which are full seasons.
    Yes telltale should care about it but still it is a pilot and besides as stated above they dont know the release date yet.
    They are either waiting for nintendo to see if it can come out on wiiware this monday, or are just working on some final tweaks to make sure the game is good

Remember a delayed game will eventually become good, but a rushed game is bad forever.
  • edited June 2010
    I think TTG is pretty good when it comes to fulfilling their release dates and in all those years it has been very rare that they weren't able to. If you compare this to other companies, and although it's understandable that sometimes your earger to something, then you can be quite happy.
  • edited June 2010
    I think Puzzle Agents has a slim chance of being the next Duke Nukem.
  • edited June 2010
    I like the tension of not knowing the release date!
    And btw TT is always perfect on release schedule!
  • edited June 2010
    For me, normally I'm always surprised when a Telltale game comes out. Perhaps there are some blogs I don't check out. But normally, I get an email from Telltale, letting me know it's ready first. That's when I find out.
  • edited June 2010
    TomPravetz wrote: »
    I think Puzzle Agents has a slim chance of being the next Duke Nukem.
    I blame the hidden people, they are hard to track down and don't agree on beeing integrated into the game. :O)
  • edited June 2010
    I think this thread seems to be divided between the people who say that Telltale needs to be more communicative and those who say to just shut up and wait.

Regardless of how long they are taking, if they would explain why, then people wouldn't complain so much. Some of you say "they tell us when they know themselves." Why wouldn't they themselves know what the holdup is? They're the ones making it and could surely tell us what's going on.

Since their responses to such forum-related questions is either few and far between or at the very least has a long time to cook which gets people riled up about having no response until there actually is one, some people might consider that certain lack of being informative and/or punctual with such information as a lack of respect for the customer.

For example, there once was a thread or several about what kind of DRM was going to be on the ToMI DVD. Up until they made an official decision (which was in mid April, I think... back when the DVD release date was "in April"), there was little or no information given whatsoever from Telltale about the subject and it was given days and weeks to stew and get people to start making wild assumptions from lack of enough info. There are ways to avoid these sorts of things.
  • edited June 2010
    They've said it'll be out in June. It is still June.

If it gets to the 1st July and the game is not released, THEN there will be grounds for grumbling like we've seen in this thread.

Telltale have released what, 20 or so games (?) ) and to the best of my knowledge only one so far has slipped slightly - one of the ToMI episodes - and the fact it had slipped was communicated clearly to the fans.
  • edited June 2010
    I suggest we get webcam support or some netview on the developers machines, then we know what's going on, best with switching between each employee, department and access to the projects folders, i mean just as a first shy step on the neverending road for more communication.
  • edited June 2010
    Chyron8472 wrote: »
    Random whining.

They are never going to give up to the minute updates on production, and that's a ridiculous thing to expect. If they were a traditional company, we'd be waiting another entire year almost before we'd even be playing season three. Allow me to be blunt, the way I see it, you can either shut up and deal with it, or wait for the DVD release and pretend they don't do episodic games.
  • edited June 2010
    taumel wrote: »
    I guess i should demystify this one, actually it's quite simple:

Puzzle Agent will be available at the very same day, i'll decide buying the game. As i haven't been up to this so far, no Puzzle Agent. Maybe after i've played through e3 of Sam&Max, i'll be in the right mood, okay?

What the hell are you on about. That had nothing to do with my initial post or any posts before your one lol.
  • edited June 2010
    Falanca wrote: »
    Um, they do release the games in the given day. It's just the, you know, timezones and all that...

So I don't agree.

Wasn't on about timezones dude.
    They release things as soon as they are able to, and are generally pretty punctual with meeting deadlines, and I'm not the most impatient person in the world. Quality takes time, and if you don't want semi-vague release dates, I don't think episodic gaming is your cup of tea.

I am patient and episodic games are excellent. The problem is total lack of any information beyond "urgh it is out in June" This = fobbing us off.
    NeatNit wrote: »
    3char

The "we will announce something special on the 25th" line from TTG's blog refers to their charity thing.

This is my point. Those of us who can't wait for the new episode would like just a bit more info. Something other than 1 trailer basically.

Anyway those of you who don't care for my post you are kidding yourselves because you all know that you wnt more information about release dates and game functionality and events (not spoilers) that take place in the games we all love. So don't try to get one over on me :D
  • edited June 2010
    I am patient and episodic games are excellent. The problem is total lack of any information beyond "urgh it is out in June" This = fobbing us off.

Anyway those of you who don't care for my post you are kidding yourselves because you all know that you wnt more information about release dates and game functionality and events (not spoilers) that take place in the games we all love. So don't try to get one over on me :D

They give us information when they have concrete information, why the hell should they be posting "hey guys, we're not done making the game yet" every other day just to make a couple of lunatics happy? Their current estimate is still June until further notice, if you don't want estimated dates, again, episodic gaming is not for you. They release the games the moment they're done, which can be a little hard to predict perfectly, but I think they've been pretty damn good at it thus far, so getting worked up over not knowing which week something will come out is just completely insane. Yes, we're excited for it, and we're glad that others are excited for it too, but acting like Telltale is being shady and deceiving you by not posting exact release dates and/or constant production updates, sorry, but that's just idiotic. They are all overworked and do it because they love the games they're making and they love their fans, and acting like an entitled little brat demanding constant status updates is rude. I will reiterate it for the 954th time, if you can't handle semi-vague release windows without flipping out and making insane accusations etc., episodic gaming is not for you.
    </end rant>
  • edited June 2010
    OK, let's keep it civil in here, please.

No it's not.

Simply prepare yourself as if the game will be released on the final day of the release month. Then if it's released earlier, it's a nice bonus/surprise.
  • edited June 2010
    jp-30 wrote: »
    OK, let's keep it civil in here, please.

That's as civil as I can get right now about this topic. :p
  • edited June 2010
    So when exactly are VALVE going to release this game, I mean it is already the 24th of June and there isn't even a wink of hope that this game will be released in June, like they say.

That's the problem with VALVE they give us, and you will all agree, excellent games but they always keep us in pitch black darkness about release dates.

Yeah they said June but you've got to be wondering if they are going to make it or not. Only six more days to go in June and as each day passes the window does too.

A proper dating system needs to be established OR the blog needs more posts with open and honest addresses for our forum based concerns. So say you or I post something like "when is the game going to be released? Is there now a static date for release?". Then VALVE should go onto their blog and submit a new post answering our questions. Or at least release FAQ details.

Who agrees??

now HERES a argument everyone can agree with
  • edited June 2010
    Wasn't on about timezones dude.

Yes but it still matters

Lack of information? if they give you too much information it spoils the game and the information that doesnt spoil much they may not know yet

The "we will announce something special on the 25th" line from TTG's blog refers to their charity thing.

Most Likely

This is my point. Those of us who can't wait for the new episode would like just a bit more info. Something other than 1 trailer basically.

Try subscribing to the telltale newletter

We do want to know info but we are patient and dont create forums that get no where and make you look like noobs.

coments are in the quote boxes
  • edited June 2010
    I am getting a little antsy.. a simple 'we're working on it, sit tight' would tide me over.
    On the other hand, the book of grickle arrived on my doorstep this morning, so I atleast have something to make the time go faster. :)
  • WillWill Telltale Alumni
    edited June 2010
    we're working on it, sit tight

Yep.

Generally speaking, if we looked at the schedule and said "well there's almost no way June is going to happen," you would know about it. If we could say "yes, it is absolutely, 100% going to be finished and to our liking by X date" then we would announce the date. But weird things happen during development, especially working on an entirely untested art style, so it's better to play it safe than sorry.

I mean, we could have said "yes, it is definitely coming out on the 22nd," but then we'd either have a really unpolished game released to the public or a lot of really unhappy customers when we blew past the date.
  • [TTG] Yare[TTG] Yare Telltale Alumni
    edited June 2010
    They release things as soon as they are able to

Science.
  • edited June 2010
    ...sometimes just isn't enough and on top of that some voodoo comes in handy.

Btw there doesn't exist a lot of music which deals with science like maths or physics in the lyrics. *thinking*
  • edited June 2010
    now HERES a argument everyone can agree with

The thing with VALVe isn't that they keep us in the dark about release dates, it's that they give us a date but then have to push it back.

It's kind of the opposite, really- Telltale doesn't give us a date until they know they can have it out that day, but VALVe gives us a date even though we all know they won't have it out by then. (And yes, I'm counting situations where they give us a timeframe instead of a date, then push that back (i.e. Portal 2).)
  • edited June 2010
    Cool a new fun IPad puzzle while I wait for S&M series to be updated.
  • edited June 2010
    Cool a new fun IPad puzzle while I wait for S&M series to be updated.

You may have to wait quite some time... Of course, all good things...
  • edited June 2010
    The next S&M episode is out next month, so he won't have to wait that long.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.