24th June and no Puzzle Agent yet

Comments

• edited June 2010
    Avistew wrote: »
    He didn't even do it well, the G of Agent is cut.

no it's not :)
  • edited June 2010
    Yadda wrote: »
    Doubt it - someone's still there. Nelson signed onto Facebook 10 minutes ago. And then back out rather quickly, but eh.

They're not going to release and leave though. They always release when everyone is going to be in the office for several hours, so there can be support is case it's needed.
  • edited June 2010
    RingHole, please, the G was clipped before. Don't change stuff retroactively like that. Especially since someone almost thought it was real. Even if I did fall for it, would it be worth risking Telltale losing sales and getting false bad PR?
  • edited June 2010
    Avistew wrote: »
    They're not going to release and leave though. They always release when everyone is going to be in the office for several hours, so there can be support is case it's needed.

Tis the traditional release time.
  • edited June 2010
    I think the release date in my post is to a point as close to a release date that can be expected. OK I finished playing the fool. Back on topic now!
  • edited June 2010
    What if the game actually is released and they are just making us solve a puzzle as to where the download link is...... My bet is it will be released late in the work day tomorrow.
  • edited June 2010
    Whatever, you morbid son of a potato. And yes, that's what I'm calling you from now on, after what you posted on Nelson's facebook.
  • edited June 2010
    what? Who? I don't see anything bad on Nelson's Facebook.
  • edited June 2010
    What the heck...? A bunch of posts are missing from the thread.
  • edited June 2010
    Hey, someone at Telltale deleted half this page. What was deleted included another shop from someone else, and Ringhole correcting me on the word "shop"(oh, now I can see why).

EDIT: Oh, Yadda already posted about this.
  • edited June 2010
    i think because it contained images of a false download account page showing that PA had been released.
  • edited June 2010
    i think because it contained images of a false download account page showing that PA had been released.

Oh, I think it's because the last few posts were all shop-related(Also, I think it's strange that all posts from that time period got deleted, because all posts weren't about the account page shop).
  • edited June 2010
    not sure maybe they we OT.
  • edited June 2010
    Part of it was also me pointing out what part of the facebook page I was talking about. And the post contained Irishmile's real name.
  • WillWill Telltale Alumni
    edited June 2010
    Someone linked me to the page, I saw photoshopping that seemed a bit much so I removed it and the reference posts. Didn't realize it was a running theme of the thread. It's late, I'm tired.
  • edited June 2010
    It's cool, we're okay. Thanks for the 'splanation though. :D
  • edited June 2010
    Will wrote: »
    Someone linked me to the page, I saw photoshopping that seemed a bit much so I removed it and the reference posts. Didn't realize it was a running theme of the thread. It's late, I'm tired.

N.P: I don't think anyone is complaining, sooo still here waiting!!!!

Yadda you will have to wait for 48 hours prior to download so go get some sleep :)
  • edited June 2010
    No, no I won't. I'm keeping an eye on the page... Nothing's up yet. You're not gonna get me, ya son of a nobber!
  • edited June 2010
    Are telltale usually like this when releasing games?
    But not knowing when its coming is making me even more hyped for it.
  • edited June 2010
    Like 'what'?
  • edited June 2010
    jp-30 wrote: »
    Like 'what'?
    Most Developers set an exact date. Telltale say "some time in June"
    We only know its coming today because today is the last day of June
  • edited June 2010

Since Telltale doesn't have to submit to a publisher so discs can be printed, or anything like that, there aren't often definitive dates until like the week before release usually. It's pretty much a "When it's done" kind of thing. Puzzle Agent was done by a smaller team from my understanding, which obviously takes longer. It's a lot of game too, which requires a lot of work to make sure everything is working right.

Short answer: This doesn't happen every time, but when it does it's easy to understand why. It's normal to want the games they make as soon as possible, but the more time they spend making it great only benefits us gamers.
  • edited June 2010

And because of all the hints that they've been dropping via Nelson's facebook page... And because Mark Darin said he's finally done... And...

Well, to be frank, they've done everything they can EXCEPT flat-out say the date that they can do to confirm that it's coming out today. :P
  • edited June 2010

They don't even say "some time in june", they just say it's "EXPECTED in june", that doesn't mean its definitely getting released in june at all.
  • WillWill Telltale Alumni
    edited June 2010
    We usually have something a lot closer to a date than this. Usually we will say "June!" and then one or two weeks before launch we will say "Such and such day!" and then the game comes out that day.

For Puzzle Agent, one of the great things about the whole Pilot Program is that we get to try a whole bunch of new things with art and gameplay and such. The problem with new things is ... well... they are new! So we weren't entirely sure how long it would take to do them since we'd never done them before.
  • edited June 2010
    Yadda wrote: »
    And because of all the hints that they've been dropping via Nelson's facebook page... And because Mark Darin said he's finally done... And...

Well, to be frank, they've done everything they can EXCEPT flat-out say the date that they can do to confirm that it's coming out today. :P

Im not complaining I just find it kinda funny that a game can come so close to release and still not have a set date.
    As I said earlier its actually making me want the game more (Would I be posting on these forums if we knew when it comes out? probably not)
  • edited June 2010
    Will wrote: »
    We usually have something a lot closer to a date than this. Usually we will say "June!" and then one or two weeks before launch we will say "Such and such day!" and then the game comes out that day.

For Puzzle Agent, one of the great things about the whole Pilot Program is that we get to try a whole bunch of new things with art and gameplay and such. The problem with new things is ... well... they are new! So we weren't entirely sure how long it would take to do them since we'd never done them before.

The extra effort is definitely appreciated.
  • edited June 2010
    For anyone who's interested, I'm pretty sure Telltale have changed the game's logo on the downloads page:

puzzleagent_icon.png

Large:

puzzleagent.png

I don't know how long ago this happened, but I'm pretty sure that it's an indicator that the game is very close to release.
  • edited June 2010
    It changed sometime before this morning, I noticed when i checked after I woke up this morning.
  • edited June 2010
    Yeah, didn't it used to be a picture of him holding a Rubik's Cube or something? I think I liked the old one better. But this new one is cool as well.
  • edited June 2010
    yea it was, i dont mind the new one though.
  • edited June 2010
    so what time is it nw in usa? so i guess it will be released today ..cross my fingers :)
  • edited June 2010
    If Puzzle Agent is indeed going to be released in June, it is logical to assumed that it will be released today. Unless it's June 2011?
  • edited June 2010
    caeska wrote: »
    If Puzzle Agent is indeed going to be released in June, it is logical to assumed that it will be released today. Unless it's June 2011?
    A few hours ago on facebook Nelson said he has packed his bags and is ready to leave, so i geuss its finished now and he just needs to wait for his flight.
  • edited June 2010
    k guys u say that he finished now...so what about waiting for apple approval...they take more than a week...so what u mean by finished...finished approving or just finished the game and submitted it to apple?
  • edited June 2010
    Purchases page says "Expected in June 2010", I really don't get it why so many people say it's a possibility to be June 2011. Yes, I know they're jokes, but still.
  • edited June 2010
    bo2loz wrote: »
    k guys u say that he finished now...so what about waiting for apple approval...they take more than a week...so what u mean by finished...finished approving or just finished the game and submitted it to apple?

It's likely that the first version released will be PC via this site. Mac version may release at the same time. Wiiware, Steam etc will follow asap after that. The iPad version via the App Store may also be a little after the PC release.

So don't expect all versions to release simultaneously.
  • MRNMRN
    edited June 2010
    Hayden wrote: »
    For anyone who's interested, I'm pretty sure Telltale have changed the game's logo on the downloads page:

puzzleagent_icon.png

Large:

puzzleagent.png

I don't know how long ago this happened, but I'm pretty sure that it's an indicator that the game is very close to release.

Beat me to it! Anyways, I like this one better ;)
  • edited June 2010
    MRN wrote: »
    Beat me to it! Anyways, I like this one better ;)

Actually I beat you to it

http://www.telltalegames.com/forums/showpost.php?p=336409&postcount=109
  • MRNMRN
    edited June 2010
    But you didn't post the image itself ;)
Sign in to comment in this discussion.