24th June and no Puzzle Agent yet

Comments

• edited June 2010
    Looking for clues on Nelson Tether's Facebook page, I conclude based on his movie preferences that the release is just "around the corner", "three days" from now.

Of course, he's a Beatles fan too, so maybe the game was released "yesterday" and we just didn't notice.
  • edited June 2010
    Gman5852 wrote: »
    Pick a month? that is not how telltale works.
    By the way they arent giving info because they still dont know much yet they have stated 100 times if they know the release date, they will tell us.

All they do is give a vague date, like "coming soonish" or "June", then post nothing about it until right at the end of the month, only to say it's still "coming soon". The handling of the DVD's, Sam and max, and now this.

I could understand them missing dates and things once, but they do this with every game release. Surely they realise they're going to be delayed and aren't gonna hit these silly dates by now? Just set a date a few weeks later, and just have it finished a bit early, instead of triyng to release the second it's done. I'd rather have the game finished at Telltale and wait an extra week than be left in the dark for every single game/dvd that they make.
  • edited June 2010
    NotFury wrote: »
    I'd rather have the game finished at Telltale and wait an extra week than be left in the dark for every single game/dvd that they make.

I'd rather have the game the moment Telltale feels it's ready for release, and so would most people. People just like to complain about not knowing to have something to complain about. It's nonsense.
  • edited June 2010
    Yeah... it would be one thing if it was actually July already....
  • edited June 2010
    I doubt there'll be much notice before this is released (for Windows/Mac anyway) as it's not one of their main projects and it's not tied to a 3rd party who wants a clear release date set in advance of the release. I wouldn't be surprised if they just throw up a thread & blog post just saying it's out within the next couple of days.
  • edited June 2010
    Maybe they're sick of the "OMG it's 4 am in Timbuktu and it's supposed to be released today WHERE IS IT?????" threads.
  • edited June 2010
    Not sure why some are having a fit about the release date, they said June and by my calander here in Australia it's still June. So far they have kept to the release date :)

What's the big deal if it's another week away? I'd rather a polished game that I can enjoy, go and do something constructive like walk the dog or enjoy the outdoors.

Unless it's snowing in your part of the world and your stuck inside in which case you can't or maybe your locked in a basement and all you have to look forward to is the release of a game. In which case I appoligise for my post... but think of it this way i just passed another 30 seconds for you which means you are now 30 seconds closer to the release date.

OK i better go now I think my copy of Puzzle Agent just arrived or it maybe the forum police coming to take me back to my warm dark padded cell. mmm warm and safe.
  • edited June 2010
    NotFury wrote: »
    I could understand them missing dates and things once, but they do this with every game release.

What? Has Puzzle Agent missed June?
  • edited June 2010
    wasn't Tales of Monkey Island the only series with an episode that was released late?
  • edited June 2010
    Irishmile wrote: »
    wasn't Tales of Monkey Island the only series with an episode that was released late?

So far, yes.
  • edited June 2010
    Which episode? and why did it miss the release date?

As for Puzzle Agent, again, it's confirmed that it will be released in June... :|
    And when I say confirmed I mean "by TTG guys".
    Not a Duke Nukem case here.
  • edited June 2010
    Wizpig wrote: »

The final chapter of Tales was given as a November release at the start of the season, it actually came out on the 8th of December. It's probably because of that that the last episode of the current Sam & Max season doesn't have a month of release stated.
  • edited June 2010
    Mark Darin's facebook status read
    "6 am and I am STILL working! I haven't slept yet, but video games must be made!!"

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/mark.darin?v=wall&story_fbid=112013888847097

Poor Mark Darin :(

I would let the game slip a few days just to let the guy grab some kip
  • edited June 2010
    The only people *really* in the wait are the iPad owners. They got a taste of TellTale gaming and they had to literally wait months for the next one. This will be a much awaited release for them. The moment that pops up in the App Store, a collective sigh would probably emerge from a large public.

I'm glad I also have PC/Mac, I can finish up Someone stole Max's Brain while we wait. To a degree, I also haven't been speeding through it, to make it last. Still, if you like a bit of creepy, the Grickle stuff is a good to go through. Some of it is indicative of some kind of stop animation with horror. Other times, it gives almost an Edgar Allen Poe vibe with the flair for suspense. Poe was always big with characters that anticipate something bad is about to happen, and then go through the mental breakdown up until it does (or doesn't). I see some of that in some of the Grickle stuff.
  • edited June 2010

As for Puzzle Agent, again, it's confirmed that it will be released in June... :|
    And when I say confirmed I mean "by TTG guys".
    Not a Duke Nukem case here.

That was made by 3D realms.
    But im sure puzzle agent wont be delayed by over 9 years
  • edited June 2010
    Then there's also Metro 3D. They were the ones that released the mega sleeper hit Armada. They talked about a sequel to it (Armada 2) since the Dreamcast days. And pretty much every machine released after it, there was promo material for it releasing on that system. And guess what. That delay was also over 9 years and still not out.

What we do finally have, is a beta of an Armada online game for PC only. Kind of snuck out there, all silent like. That might be a little less severe as Duke Nukem Forever, but I would say it's next in line only because there are people that can actually play an unfinished version of it.

I've seen delays on everything. A day or two is nothing, nor is a week. Though anybody who can remember back to the infamous Zelda delay, will have something to laugh about. Man, when it missed being in stores on that advertised release date, people had a cow. (Guess too many people altered their schedules to play it that day) Man, I forgot the days when Nintendo releases were like social phenomenon.
  • edited June 2010
    JedExodus wrote: »
    Poor Mark Darin :(

I would let the game slip a few days just to let the guy grab some kip

Yes, he deserve it.
    He and all the TT staff that work as hard as he do.
    And while we are here complaining for everything, he is away from his home and working hard to let you play videogames.

Nothing should keep you away from your family.
  • edited June 2010
    Yes, he deserve it.
    He and all the TT staff that work as hard as he do.
    And while we are here complaining for everything, he is away from his home and working hard to let you play videogames.

Nothing should keep you away from your family.

I agree with a lot of what you said, but there is no need to be so melodramatic.
    Plus, PAX will keep me away from my family and I plan to enjoy every second of it :D
  • edited June 2010
    I get all sad if I am away from my wife and kids too long..... you gotta work though...
  • edited June 2010
    I dont want to get off topic, but i realy cant find the new trailer they talked about in the newsletter. Can someone point me to the right direction?
  • edited June 2010
    thiz wrote: »
    I dont want to get off topic, but i realy cant find the new trailer they talked about in the newsletter. Can someone point me to the right direction?

You're not the only one.

And don't apologize, I think the topic of this thread has gotten tiresome already, lol
  • edited June 2010
    It's on the front page. It's new because it wasn't out at the time of the previous Interloper, not new as in "we made it today!"
    You've probably seen it already.
  • edited June 2010
    Here's a question... Are those little red trolls malevolent? If they are, are they going to be like Pennywise or The Thing?

lol
  • edited June 2010
    G.byrne wrote: »
    Here's a question... Are those little red trolls malevolent? If they are, are they going to be like Pennywise or The Thing?

lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tt5lB-RoAi4
    That answer your question?
  • edited June 2010
    I wonder how many truckloads of caffeinated drinks Telltale go through in the final few days before release of every single episode of these things we love so much...
  • edited June 2010

hahaha, that video reminded me of the original trailer for Alan Wake, the one where he is running through the woods trying to get to the lighthouse, turns around and sees all the men pursuing him, then drops to the ground defeated.
  • edited June 2010
    cant be long now the icon for puzzle agent has changed in the "your games" section
  • edited June 2010
    prizna wrote: »
    cant be long now the icon for puzzle agent has changed in the "your games" section
    I liked the old one better :(
  • edited June 2010
    I can't remember what the old icon looked like. This version is quite good though. I like it.
  • edited June 2010
    I don't know why I'm so excited about a puzzle game...
  • edited June 2010
    prizna wrote: »

I hope you're right. I really, really, really can't wait for this.
  • edited June 2010
    I don't know why I'm so excited about a puzzle game...

If you dont usually like puzzle games then why are you on the Telltale website?
  • edited June 2010
    akaimizu wrote: »
    I've seen delays on everything. A day or two is nothing, nor is a week. Though anybody who can remember back to the infamous Zelda delay, will have something to laugh about. Man, when it missed being in stores on that advertised release date, people had a cow. (Guess too many people altered their schedules to play it that day) Man, I forgot the days when Nintendo releases were like social phenomenon.
    Ocarina or Twilight Princess?
    Hah, even the latest Zelda got delayed... :P

As for Puzzle Agent, a delay is nothing, I agree, and I'd be happier if it comes out as polished as it can be!
    So if you ask me, it'd be ok if they decided to use a few more weeks... but that's not going to be the case, as everyone can see they updated the Puzzle Agent icon in the My Telltale section... and it will come out tomorrow for sure :D (PC/MAC)
    I can't remember what the old icon looked like.

http://www.telltalegames.com/puzzleagent

The picture of "About" above the trailer was the old icon.
  • edited June 2010
    Ocarina or Twilight Princess?

Twilight Princess had the worst reason ever for being delayed. They delayed the Gamecube release by over a year, when the game was already done and ready to release, just so they could port it to Wii and use it as a launch title. :mad:
  • edited June 2010
    If you dont usually like puzzle games then why are you on the Telltale website?

Puzzle agent is a game that features overt brain teasing puzzles. The other games are adventure games whose puzzles are concealed behind game play mechanics.

I'm not making sense, lol... Example, monkey island and Sam & Max feature puzzles, but none of them take the form of rubicks cubes and things of that category.
  • edited June 2010
    Puzzle agent is a game that features overt brain teasing puzzles. The other games are adventure games whose puzzles are concealed behind game play mechanics.

I'm not making sense, lol...
    But you are.

Classic adventure games = Monkey Island, Sam & Max etc.
    Brain-teasing adventure games = Layton, Puzzle Agent etc.
    "Hidden objects" kind of games = dunno, but you know the drill, they are more casual-friendly.
  • edited June 2010
    But you are.

Classic adventure games = Monkey Island, Sam & Max etc.
    Brain-teasing adventure games = Layton, Puzzle Agent etc.
    "Hidden objects" kind of games = dunno, but you know the drill, they are more casual-friendly.

I also feel a certain amount of loyalty to this company. Getting this game is a show of support. If Telltale didn't exist, I wouldn't have new Sam & Max and Monkey Island games... Two franchises five years ago I had no hope of seeing again.
  • edited June 2010
    I don't like it when telltale says "Coming June" or "Coming this month", and by this month they mean RIIIIIGHT at the end of it.
  • edited June 2010

I'm not making sense, lol... Example, monkey island and Sam & Max feature puzzles, but none of them take the form of rubicks cubes and things of that category.
    I see what you mean but in the end both games involve using your brain to solve puzzles. Its not like the difference between racers and shooters.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.