The Last Item You Purchased?

Comments

• edited February 2011
    - bunch of anti-noise earplugs (sometimes I really hate my neighbours)

- ready-to-be-microwaved soup

- a LEGO Minifigures gashapon for my girlfriend's collection

- this piratey jacket:
    DXLA47_83618_76010_86_3951.jpg

- also ordered:
    R6259_fullsizeimage01a.jpg

Can't wait to get my playful child-inside fingers on Keldor!

^___^
  • edited March 2011
    Pokemon White.

I'll need something to play if I do actually get a 3DS (but I might wait till some more games come out for it (though not too late as christmas might make it a hard buy (or an easy buy depending on circumstances!))).
  • edited March 2011
    A caramel sundae from MacDonalds - it was scrumptious, but very messy.

caramelsundae.bmp

But without nuts, I hate the nuts :/
  • edited March 2011
    Huh, as far as I know, the McDonalds around here only have hot fudge or strawberry sundaes. And now I want a hot fudge one, but it's after 3 am and I should go to bed. Thanks a lot.
  • edited March 2011
    Huh, as far as I know, the McDonalds around here only have hot fudge or strawberry sundaes. And now I want a hot fudge one, but it's after 3 am and I should go to bed. Thanks a lot.

But the wee hours of the morn are the perfect time for impulse junk-food buying!

Also you don't have caramel? How annoying :P Fudge just wouldn't be the same!
  • edited March 2011
    I just got Laxius Force 1 and 2 of Gamersgate.
    For RPG maker games they seem pretty good.
    I've only tried the first game so far, (as I hear saves can be transferred over), but it looks and plays alright.
    The dialogue is a bit dodgy, but thats because its been translated from french.
    Story wise, its quite interesting, and I hear the games are very long and have a lot of sidequests.

Hopefully it will end up being £10 well spent.
  • edited March 2011
    Just got back from a Marks and Spencer's run, so I HAVE FOOD.
  • edited March 2011
    mgrant wrote: »

I hope you don't do what I do and wait till you are really REALLY hungry before going shopping, so you come back with the worst possible foods to eat (doughnuts, fizzy pop, pies, whiskey, bags of pick n' mix, pork scratchings, sausage rolls, baby bels, prawn crackers, doritos, pringles etc etc etc.

Also, I just bought £50 of petrol/gas, alongside a disgusting gas station sandwich, and a bottle of coke
  • edited March 2011

Marks and Sparks, well get you!! Everyone knows you go Tesco's for your main and M&S for odds and sods to put out when your pratty posh friends come around :p
    GeorgeC wrote: »
    I hope you don't do what I do and wait till you are really REALLY hungry before going shopping, so you come back with the worst possible foods to eat (doughnuts, fizzy pop, pies, whiskey, bags of pick n' mix, pork scratchings, sausage rolls, baby bels, prawn crackers, doritos, pringles etc etc etc.

When I lived in Liverpool I did all my shopping in Home Bargains. I lived on noodles and fruit. Also they sold Tayto crisps which helped the homesickness pangs. After one binge when I was hungry I learnt my lesson when I came back with 50+ heavily discounted Creme Eggs
  • edited March 2011
    JedExodus wrote: »
    Marks and Sparks, well get you!! Everyone knows you go Tesco's for your main and M&S for odds and sods to put out when your pratty posh friends come around :p

When I lived in Liverpool I did all my shopping in Home Bargains. I lived on noodles and fruit. Also they sold Tayto crisps which helped the homesickness pangs. After one binge when I was hungry I learnt my lesson when I came back with 50+ heavily discounted Creme Eggs

Home bargains is pretty good, Did you ever see "Uncle joes minty balls" for sale there? They cracked me up when I first saw them
  • edited March 2011

I try not to do that now because when I was living in Santa Barbara I would ALWAYS do that. I'd come back to my flat from Albertsons with three cases of soda, a bunch of crisp bags, cereal, bagels, pretzels, lunchmeat, coffee, etc. Even if I was trying to be health conscious about things, all I'd get were some bananas and chicken breasts along with the junk food.

Unfortunately our Tesco's here in York is a 30 minute walk from my flat, but M&S is only 15, so I don't go there that often. Our Morrison's is out there too, as is our big Sainsburys. We've got a little corner Sainsburys though, and that's where I go for my odds and ends in the middle of the week, like Parmesan, milk and booze. XD
  • edited March 2011

I can't believe you don't have caramel, that's the only one I like! And it brings back memories (always had it for dessert as a kid). Haven't gone to McDonald's in years, but when I did I usually had McFlurries, though. But the caramel (Daim) one as well.
  • edited March 2011
    Bit.Trip RUNNER on Steam.
  • edited March 2011
    Huh, as far as I know, the McDonalds around here only have hot fudge or strawberry sundaes. And now I want a hot fudge one...

The last item I purchased was a hot fudge sundae from McDonald's. And it was DELICIOUS. Also, I checked and I was right, they only have hot fudge and strawberry sundaes here.
  • edited March 2011
    Just pre-ordered Portal 2 on the PS3 for about £30.
    (The Hut had it for 32, but I used a £2 off coupon)

I was planning on getting Portal 2 for the PS3 anyway, due to the fact you get the PC version as well. (I hardly use my PSN account so linking it to Steam is no big deal...)
    So I know that if it doesn't work on my laptop, I at least have a console version to keep me happy. :D

EDIT: Oh and I just got a Super Nintendo and 6 games, (Though its 5 really, as for some reason it came with Street Fighter 2 and SF2 Turbo!).
    I don't think it comes with any boxes, (and the console has been yellowed to the point of being gold!) but for £20 it will do.

EDIT 2: After some tough haggling and auctioning I managed to pick up Super Street Fighter 2, Super Mario Allstars, Ghoul Patrol, and Flashback

So for £55 I got:

Super Nintendo with:

Starwing (aka Starfox)
    Street Fighter 2
    Street Fighter 2 Turbo
    Super Street Fighter 2
    Ghoul Patrol
    B.O.B
    Flashback
    Pilotwings
    Super Mario Allstars (This is why its so much. This cost me almost £10 on its own! (but its good value considering the number of mario games it has!)
    Super Game Boy Cart (I have a lot of good old Gameboy games. So it adds to the Snes playability a lot)

(The next stuff is stuff that was bundled with the Snes that I don't care about)

Nigel Mansell World Championship
    Krustys Funhouse

Its a shame I didn't get any boxes though... :( (But with a box Snes games tend to be well pricey)

Next games on the list:

-Donkey Kong Country
    -F-Zero
    -Stunt Race FX
    -Super Smash TV
    -Super Mario Kart
    (Super Mario World and Zelda:ALTTP I could get, but I don't think its all too necessary as I already completed them when I got them on the GBA, so I might not get them)
  • edited March 2011
    the-coen-brothers-dvd-collection-box-set-1264774739.png

Let's see if these buggers are worth their salt
    We've got a little corner Sainsburys though, and that's where I go for my odds and ends in the middle of the week, like Parmesan, milk and booze. XD

All my drink in England was bought from the ever classy Bargain Booze. The shit thing was that all the spirits I liked weren't on sale. Which meant changing to Bells whiskey and crap lager. Which in turn lead to messy messy nights.
  • edited March 2011
    the-coen-brothers-dvd-collection-box-set-1264774739.png

Let's see if these buggers are worth their salt.
    A Coen Brothers compilation pack without Oh Brother, Where Art Thou inside? SCREW THAT NOISE.
  • edited March 2011
    I just bought a bottle of Pepsi. Nothing TOO interesting...
  • edited March 2011
    Pokémon White. I wouldn't have bothered picking it up on release day, but today overlaps with the last day of the Celebi distribution at GameStop, so I figured I'd see if I could get it on White as well. Turns out it only works on the older games. Oh well, it was worth a shot and now I don't have to go out later this week.
    A Coen Brothers compilation pack without Oh Brother, Where Art Thou inside? SCREW THAT NOISE.

Couldn't have said it better myself.
  • edited March 2011
    This. Why? Because it's alphanumeric!
  • edited March 2011
    A copy of Anamanaguchi's Dawn Metropolis.
  • edited March 2011
    An update on my quest to get the Snes stuff I want.

Two new additions: Super Mario Kart and Battletoads in Battlemaniacs
    (Unfortunately the deal for Ghoul Patrol was cancelled as the guy looked at the cart and said it was in really poor condition and refused to sell it to me (well I though that was quite nice of him))

So that brings the current roster to:

Super Mario Kart
    Super Mario Allstars
    Street Fighter 2
    Street Fighter 2 Turbo
    Super Street Fighter 2
    Battletoads in Battlemaniacs
    Pilotwings
    Super Game Boy
    Flashback
    Starwing (Starfox)
    Krusty's Funhouse
    B.O.B
    Nigel Mansell World Championship

Which now leaves me with only

-Donkey Kong Country (I hope I can get this one at a reasonable price)
    -F-Zero
    -Stunt Race FX
    -Super Smash TV
    (-Megaman X (unlikely to get due to price))
  • edited March 2011
    WilliamGrantTullamore-Dew.jpg
  • edited March 2011
    I got a fine leather jacket from this strange man... I really wanted his friend's jacket (it was flocking awesome!) but he said he wasn't selling.
  • edited March 2011
    Gigantic bottle of Booze

Please don't tell me that's life sized.
  • edited March 2011
    21wOY7wk0QL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Well, bought for me, but still.

It's been scaled down, actually.
  • edited March 2011

It's not, the picture is just high res :(
    Wish it was that size :mad:
  • edited March 2011
    Awww Yeah! I got lucky again on ol' ebay! :D

Just managed to pick up Super Smash TV and F-Zero for pretty cheap!

Now I only have 2 (3) games left to get:

-Donkey Kong Country
    -Stunt Race FX
    (-Megaman X (unlikely to get due to price))

Donkey Kong Country will be a hard find...

Once I get those I will be fully satisfied.
  • edited March 2011
    A Mega Memory Card for GBC games

7152A906SBL.gif

It's designed to save Internal Battery Save States onto a chip for all games that were built as such. So Link to the Past, the entire Pokemon franchise for GBC, and even high score games get saved to it as back up for when those batteries die.
  • edited March 2011
    I have one of those. I wonder if my old Pokémon Silver save is still intact on there. Maybe I should try replacing the battery and see if I can put the save back on it.

Actually, when I first got Silver, I didn't start a new game. I had gotten Gold for my birthday a month and a half before I got Silver for Christmas, but Silver was the one I wanted. So I used that Mega Memory Card, backed up my Gold save file, and I restored it to the Silver cartridge. It worked perfectly. I started that game in Gold, but I finished it in Silver.
  • edited March 2011
    Godhand for £1.50

sagat-laughing2.gif

Also picked up Ghouls'n'Ghosts (Megadrive version), Chakan, and Smash Tennis for £13.

Today was a good day! :D

EDIT: Godhand was that cheap because it was just the game disc and Manual.
    (GAME seemed to be having a PS2 clearout....)
  • edited March 2011
    I have one of those. I wonder if my old Pokémon Silver save is still intact on there. Maybe I should try replacing the battery and see if I can put the save back on it.

Actually, when I first got Silver, I didn't start a new game. I had gotten Gold for my birthday a month and a half before I got Silver for Christmas, but Silver was the one I wanted. So I used that Mega Memory Card, backed up my Gold save file, and I restored it to the Silver cartridge. It worked perfectly. I started that game in Gold, but I finished it in Silver.
    Huh, did not know it could do that.
  • edited March 2011
    7mIHR.jpg

qEcOq.jpg

Zgszh.jpg
  • edited March 2011
    Couldn't have said it better myself.

What do you two balloons think I am? I already own that shit ;)
  • edited March 2011
    What do you two balloons think I am? I already own that shit ;)

xAGt1.jpg
  • puzzleboxpuzzlebox Telltale Alumni
    edited March 2011
    JIyRx.jpg

Huh... I'd always thought John Denver was a dude.
  • edited March 2011
    xAGt1.jpg

I really really like this pic it has to be said, everytime I see it I fawn a little
  • edited March 2011
    puzzlebox wrote: »
    Huh... I'd always thought John Denver was a dude.

Obviously you've never heard his music.

Seriously, though, I can't stand John Denver's music, but because I live in Colorado, I hear it pretty frequently. Maybe that's why it bugs me, now that I think about it. Really, I can't stand any song that has the phrase "rocky mountain" in it.

I know, I'm weird and finicky, shut up.
  • edited March 2011
    That whiskey I bought is too drinkable, and it's a work night!
  • edited March 2011
    Obviously you've never heard his music.

Seriously, though, I can't stand John Denver's music, but because I live in Colorado, I hear it pretty frequently. Maybe that's why it bugs me, now that I think about it. Really, I can't stand any song that has the phrase "rocky mountain" in it.

I know, I'm weird and finicky, shut up.

I've got longer hair than John Denver does on that cover. Colorado is my favorite state, and I've lived there twice, so...yeah...any song that reminds me of Colorado makes me enormously happy....usually.

On a note unrelated to Denver, even though everyone I know seems to dislike this guy's music, this song expresses in perfection my feelings about the Rocky Mountains, Pike's Peak, etc. even though it never mentions any location names. Dunno why I'm posting this, though, I guess I just like talking about Colorado. Colorado Colorado Colorado.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.