The Last Item You Purchased?

Comments

• edited March 2011
    Before doing that, the world must know, WiiPS2 or PS360 version?
  • edited March 2011
    I won't if you won't. Dashing might murder you in your sleep though, considering he's religiously pro-old sonic.
  • edited March 2011
    You wouldn't think it considering that I just bought Sonic Unleashed and recently got around to beating Sonic Heroes and Shadow the Hedgehog, but so am I. I think I've put up something of a mental barrier between the old games and the new ones. The original Sonic the Hedgehog series died after Sonic 3 & Knuckles and this is something else.

Also, I bought it new for $15. I don't think I can feel remorse over that.
  • edited March 2011
    At least you didn't buy Sonic and the Secret Rings. I'm afraid that I would have no choice but to judge you then.
  • edited March 2011
    I already own that. I played the tutorial and ragequit.
  • edited March 2011
    Good. It doesn't deserve your time and effort.
  • edited March 2011
    Unfortunately, there's this...

omgbacklog.png

And those are just the games I'm not done with. Here's the full stats.

omgbacklog2.png

Also, these were done before I added Sonic Unleashed to the list.
  • edited March 2011
    I got to hand it to you, Guru; you are one ambitious gamer.
  • edited March 2011
    Wait a second, those percentages are screwed up.

omgbacklog3.png

It's the second set that were messed up, the ones for the games I intend to finish.
  • edited March 2011
    You've certainly earned my respect, Guru. Godspeed.
  • edited March 2011
    Of course, it would help if I was playing games I'd never played before instead of running the entire Zelda series, in which the only game I've never beaten is the one I'm about to start.

Wait, did I just fail at failing?
  • edited March 2011
    Wait, did I just fail at failing?

Why yes and, as we all know, failing at failing is winning. Congratulations, my dear Guru. I do believe that you've won.

sophisticated-man.jpg
  • edited March 2011
    The last thing i bought was the Nintendo 3ds.
  • edited March 2011
    Why yes and, as we all know, failing at failing is winning. Congratulations, my dear Guru. I do believe that you've won.

sophisticated-man.jpg

Always makes me think of this:

HJmsS.jpg
  • edited March 2011
    Sonic Unleashed.

DON'T YOU DARE JUDGE ME!

That is my favourite Sonic game there is, as it takes a new turn and adds something new to the game. I think it was a nice twist to fight with Sonic like that, go away from the old style of just running though it all.
  • edited March 2011
    SunnyGuy wrote: »
    Before doing that, the world must know, WiiPS2 or PS360 version?

Whoops, missed this. I only own a Wii, other than a bricked but potentially fixable 360 my cousin gave me.
    I won't if you won't. Dashing might murder you in your sleep though, considering he's religiously pro-old sonic.

By the way, you remember this image I throw up constantly?

DSC03361.jpg

Can you make out what game holds the place of honor in my Genesis when I'm not using it?

DSC00079.jpg
  • edited March 2011
    At least you didn't buy Sonic and the Secret Rings. I'm afraid that I would have no choice but to judge you then.
    I already own that. I played the tutorial and ragequit.

...I hate you two.
    Whoops, missed this. I only own a Wii, other than a bricked but potentially fixable 360 my cousin gave me.

Well, that's not good. I hope you don't mind most of the game being with the werehog rather than half and half like it should be.
  • edited March 2011
    Actually, what killed Secret Rings for me was the Godawful Cutscenes. As far as the game goes: for Sonic-On-Rails, it's better than some. Also, it gets better later on when the BASIC THINGS that you are missing(like the ability to fucking BACK UP) are unlocked. UNLOCK BASIC CONTROLS, FAJDFOIDJSFO:IDFJSOD:FS

Okay I hate this game again.
  • edited March 2011

DSC00079.jpg

Qt7fT.jpg

WHAT THE BLEEDING HELL HAPPENED TO MY GENESIS IN ORGINAL BOX, DAMN IT! I'LL NEVER GET OVER THIS! NEVER!
  • edited March 2011
    Also, it gets better later on when the BASIC THINGS that you are missing(like the ability to fucking BACK UP) are unlocked. UNLOCK BASIC CONTROLS, FAJDFOIDJSFO:IDFJSOD:FS

I like the game, but good god that has to be the stupidest design decision ever.
  • edited March 2011
    Qt7fT.jpg

WHAT THE BLEEDING HELL HAPPENED TO MY GENESIS IN ORGINAL BOX, DAMN IT! I'LL NEVER GET OVER THIS! NEVER!

I was going to post a picture of my Genesis box, but it's in the back of my closet and I'm lazy.
  • edited March 2011
    Every song Cadaveria ever did.
  • edited March 2011
    I was going to post a picture of my Genesis box, but it's in the back of my closet and I'm lazy.

Please do. I want to see that box again. Sniffle.
  • edited March 2011
    Maybe later I'll try to dig all my console boxes out of the closet and post them in the collections thread.
  • edited March 2011
    £5 USB to Xbox cable, (okay so I was too lazy to splice one myself!).

Got it today, used PSP (as it was the only thing that worked!) with little memory card as a Xbox memory card, to copy a save, which launches the exploit on Splinter Cell, and then install the hack.

Reasons for doing this now:

1. Little brother used to use the Dreamcast as an emulation machine (I don't let him touch my SNES without my permission!!). Dreamcast is currently out of comission (no room for it, plus it has the stupid pin problem again (pin moves, dreamcast goes into reset loop) which I can't be bothered to fix). Now Xbox can play the gameboy games he likes to play (we got a super gameboy now, but he seems to like obscure japanese carts.... :/).

2. Some of my games in my 70+ collection don't work all too well on my xbox.
    There are 4 in particular.
    -I have 3 copies of the SegaGT/JetSetRadioFuture disc, and only one BARELY works! (So I'm going to use a copy).
    -Guilty Gear X2 Reload has issues, so I've installed it to the hard drive.
    -Sid Meirs Pirates (which I also own on the PC btw!) is dodgy but too big to fit on drive. Copy disc required.
    -Marvel Vs Capcom 2 (Also own on the 360 as well!!). One of the Rarer xbox titles, also has some trouble loading. already backed up to xbox hard drive.

3. Xbox is a Dead Console. Very Much so. There are literally 10 titles I don't have for the console. I'll probably get them eventually (except for 2 of those, since they are really rare!!), but Isos will do for now.

4. May later update harddrive then install most of the games I own on there. (So I don't have to switch discs, which is an issue since my xbox has a dodgy tray that works but you have to push it a bit... :/)

5. There is currently no decent xbox emulator on the PC. So I can't even just use my discs without the console... >:/
  • edited March 2011
    In what was my most obscure and varied multi-album purchase ever:

Alestorm - 'Black Sales at Midnight' & 'Captain Morgan's Revenge' (double pack)
    Primus - 'Sailing the Seas of Cheese'
    Monster Magnet - 'Powertrip'
    Hans Zimmer - 'Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End - Soundtrack'
    Sonata Arctica - 'Reckoning Night'
    Rush - 'Counterpoints'

...now to just sit, tap my fingers, and wait.
  • edited March 2011
    I've purchased:

Fishdom 2
    Ilse DeLange - Next To Me
    Paranormal Activity

Basically, I just bought Paranormal Activity because I needed three items that isn't a hardware so that I could get three for the price of two. The album Next To Me by Ilse DeLange I just wanted to purchase because fuck it, the Dutch music industry could use some support and Ilse DeLange just is that good. And Fishdom 2 I purchased because I just like the game, so bite me you "hardcore" fakers.

Oh, and for those not Dutch and curious about Ilse DeLange:

Beautiful Distraction
    Next To Me
  • edited March 2011
    Hayden wrote: »
    Alestorm - 'Black Sales at Midnight' & 'Captain Morgan's Revenge' (double pack)
    Sonata Arctica - 'Reckoning Night'

Double thumbs up from me. :D
  • edited April 2011
    Doctor Who Series 5 soundtrack. This thing is a beast. A beast. Sixty-three songs? That's like three times as long as most of my other soundtracks!
  • edited April 2011
    51jE-H-eZ0L._SL500_AA300_.jpg
    Zachary Levi is the man.
  • edited April 2011
    410PdxXDvyL.jpg
  • edited April 2011
    Win_Teachers_Whisky_1.jpg

I have stories to be told, if anyone cares enough and I can still remember I shall divulge them the marra
  • edited April 2011
    JedExodus wrote: »
    I have stories to be told, if anyone cares enough and I can still remember I shall divulge them the marra

Three, two, one. Go.

I'm in need of a good story.
  • edited April 2011
    Three, two, one. Go.

I'm in need of a good story.

I AM NOT HERE FOR YOUR AMUSEMENT!!

Also i've forgotten the punchlines. I do remember it involved a fella dressing up as Larry David though. I put tomorrow in there as a disclamer to be frank, things need to demist in my mind and all that shite

It was a rude one though, that i'm sure of
  • edited April 2011
    I AM NOT HERE FOR YOUR AMUSEMENT!!

I beg to differ.
    Also i've forgotten the punchlines. I do remember it involved a fella dressing up as Larry David though. I put tomorrow in there as a disclamer to be frank, things need to demist in my mind and all that shite

It was a rude one though, that i'm sure of

Now I'm really disappointed.
  • edited April 2011
    I beg to differ.

Now I'm really disappointed.

Did you hear the joke about the bins?

I'd best not, it's a bit dirty!!
  • edited April 2011
    Win_Teachers_Whisky_1.jpg

Compare with my latest purchase:

RoWygl.jpg
  • edited April 2011
    Did you hear the joke about the bins?

I'd best not, it's a bit dirty!!

Clever. I've decided that I like you.
  • edited April 2011
    Clever. I've decided that I like you.

Now I can sleep easy this night.

I would tell you the joke about the bed, but unfortunately it hasn't been made yet
  • edited April 2011
    I would tell you the joke about the bed, but unfortunately it hasn't been made yet

That got a genuine smile out of me.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.