(the GOTY version)

Both for $60.
  • edited October 2011
    As a potential Christmas/birthday present for someone, perhaps:

Qjbno.png
  • edited October 2011
    Ooooh I want Lego Batman.
  • edited October 2011
    Not for you, lol. I meant for a family member.

Actually, I would consider trading it for something else like Psychonauts perhaps...

Sy2r3.png

If my intent was to trade it, I would wait to do so after the sale expired, but I could be persuaded to do otherwise for a known TTG forumite.
  • edited October 2011
    Hmmm what are you in the market for?
  • edited October 2011
    Hard to say. My purchases from Steam as of late seem to largely be impulse-buys as a result of sales. The reason why I said "Psychonauts" in my previosu post is because LEGO Batman is currently $10, and the only other game on my wishlist that is $10 is Psychonauts.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/chyron8472/wishlist

Granted LEGO Batman is usually $20, so perhaps that trade could expand to include either Deathspank, Kaptain Brawe, the King's Quest Collection, Assassin's Creed, or Fallout:New Vegas...
  • edited October 2011
    why do you not already have psychonauts
  • edited October 2011
    LuigiHann wrote: »
    why do you not already have psychonauts

He joined too late and missed the sale when it was 2$?
  • edited October 2011
    The more important question is "Why haven't I ever played Psychonauts yet?"

The answer to which would make as much sense as the Ultimate Answer to Life, The Universe and Everything, so I might as well say "42" for all the difference it makes.
    der_ketzer wrote: »
    He joined too late and missed the sale when it was 2$?

Also this. When was that?
  • edited October 2011
    Chyron8472 wrote: »
    Also this. When was that?
    I bought it on 27 Jan 2010 for 2€.
  • edited October 2011
    I hate being angry.

Being angry makes me shop.
    (I guess I automatically try to make myself happier by buying things).

Plus I was in the shopping centre anyway, since I had to buy a £45 textbook.
    (Thats so heavy you could easily kill a man with it!! XD)

So what did I get?

Alien Anthology (Blu-Ray): £18
    Batman Anthology (Blu-Ray): £15
    (The one with Batman, Batman Forever, Batman Returns, and Batman and Robin. Yes I even like the crappy Batman films. They are a great laugh really. Should get Adam West batman too! :D)
    The Thing (DVD): £2.99

I wanted to get it on Blu-ray, but since it was on offer, and I had a £5 voucher to use, I thought why not. Just get that too.
    (Maybe get it on Blu-Ray later on)
  • edited October 2011
    File:Ratchet_and_Clank_All_4_One.png

i pre-ordered it a few days ago and it should be here tomorrow :)
  • edited October 2011
    airport-extreme-21dd-460.jpg

An Apple Airport Extreme. My current router is dying and I've heard very good things about this one.
  • edited October 2011
    Why Apple and not Linksys? After all, Linksys is a Cisco brand and Cisco is the company for manufacturing routers.

Also, my Dad bought an Apple Airport and it's terrible.
  • edited October 2011
    Apple: overpriced and tatty.
  • edited October 2011
    Apple: overpriced and tatty.

Yes, yes, we know. You hate Apple. But some people, like myself, do like their computers, strange as it may sound. My old Macbook Pro has lasted me four years without breaking down and will probably make it a few more. I don't call that tatty. Add to this, the fact that in my three years in college, every single friend of mine that has had a PC laptop has had to purchase a new computer due to their old one ceasing to work at all. If paying a little extra gets a more durable product, I'm all for it.

Having said this, I have a great love for PC desktops and the more inexpensive power, but a desktop is simply too space consuming and difficult to transport to be of much use to me.
  • edited October 2011
    in my three years in college, every single friend of mine that has had a PC laptop has had to purchase a new computer due to their old one ceasing to work at all.

And you don't consider that perhaps they don't take proper care of their laptops? My PC laptop and my wife's brother's PC laptop are close to the same model but his has a bucket load of issues (both hardware and software) that mine doesn't have at all, and my laptop isn't exactly new. I paid $450 for it 2 and a half years ago.

Also, my parents have 3 PC laptops and my sister's family has 2 PC laptops, and none of them have any significant problems.

I think your friends are just mean to their equipment.

And to reiterate about the Apple Airport Extreme: My parents' wireless router at their house seemed fine to me whenever my wife and I came over and were using it, but then my dad replaced it with an Airport after he said something about having to reboot his router too often, and now my wife can't even play Runescape on their wifi, the lag is so horrendously bad.
  • edited October 2011
    I think your friends are just mean to their equipment.

This is altogether possible, though it might also be due to the brand of PC laptops that they had. Or the number of websites of questionable legality that they visited. Though, in the case of viruses, a Mac would have less of a problem with that as there are far fewer Mac viruses out there than PC viruses.
  • edited October 2011
    in the case of viruses, a Mac would have less of a problem with that as there are far fewer Mac viruses out there than PC viruses.

The only reason for which is that Macs are a significantly smaller market share. If one is to make a virus, they would design it to affect the largest number of machines, and given that most computers are PCs, designing for such makes the most sense. It has nothing at all to do with something like building viruses for a Mac being too hard or that Macs somehow have the best antivirus software anywhere ever.

It's not much of an argument to say Macs get fewer viruses just because not nearly as many people have one.
  • edited October 2011
    Guys, either give it a rest or get a thread, which I will inevitably have to lock when it becomes a flame war.

The last item I purchased was Cthulhu Saves the World.

5000th post. Again. How anticlimactic. And it only took me six months.
  • edited October 2011
    The only reason for which is that Macs are a significantly smaller market share. If one is to make a virus, they would design it to affect the largest number of machines, and given that most computers are PCs, designing for such makes the most sense. It has nothing at all to do with something like building viruses for a Mac being too hard or that Macs somehow have the best antivirus software anywhere ever.

It's not much of an argument to say Macs get fewer viruses just because not nearly as many people have one.

That one wasn't so much an argument as to why Macs are better, merely a possible reason why my PC owning friends had much worse problems with their computers than I did.

Edit: Sorry Guru, I didn't see your message until after I posted this.
  • edited October 2011
    That one wasn't so much an argument as to why Macs are better, merely a possible reason why my PC owning friends had much worse problems with their computers than I did.
    True. However, I'd put more money on their frequency of visiting questionable websites and/or filling their machines with unnecessary bloatware.
    Guys, either give it a rest
    Give what a rest?

EDIT: Oh. Okay. I bought an Egg McMuffin this morning. does that count?
  • edited October 2011
    Give what a rest?

Bickering and derailing.
  • edited October 2011
    First, I'm not bickering. I seriously and quite honestly don't understand what the fascination is that people have with Apple products.

Second, it is not my intent to start an "Apple sucks" thread. That would be immature and rather unnecessary.

Third, I thought derailing threads was sort of par for the course around this place.

...and I really did buy an Egg McMuffiin on Thursday morning. it was really pretty good. I only ever buy food from McDonald's during breakfast as I otherwise think that their food is subpar or "meh" at best.
  • edited October 2011
    Maybe an Apple discussion thread? I mean, I don't mind explaining why I like Mac laptops, but I'll confess that my knowledge of Apple products pretty much ends there. I technically have an iPod and an iPod Touch, but I use them once in a blue moon. And I hate smartphones and I find the iPad to be almost something I would want if it had any functions that I would actually use.

I'm sure there are plenty of interesting features on PC laptops that I don't know about, so it should be pretty educational for everyone without having to go and spend a lot of money to compare.

Rerailing comment: I bought a bowl of rather thin chili and a cup of tea. The cup of tea was the most satisfying part of the meal.
  • edited October 2011
    I do like chili, but it often makes me gassy.

And I don't remember the last time I had hot tea. Oh, I do remember having hot tea and that it was good, but it's been so long that I can't say for certain when it last was.
  • edited October 2011
    I've only recently started liking chili, and I don't really know why. And...I'm something of a tea fanatic. I have about a dozen different kinds at my apartment because I like to sample them. My current favorite is Jasmine green tea.
  • edited October 2011
    A Jack and Coke.
  • edited October 2011
  • edited October 2011
    A train ticket.
  • edited October 2011
    A pack of Rich Tea Biscuits.

And I'm already sick of them. Bah!
  • edited October 2011
    Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time and Beyond Good and Evil. Yay GOG.
  • edited October 2011
    DAISHI wrote: »
    A Jack and Coke.

Why on Earth aren't we friends, DAISHI?
  • edited October 2011
    WWE-12-PE.jpg
    Pre ordered.
  • edited October 2011
    Alice: Madness Returns.
  • edited October 2011
    Drawn 3.

I hate the look of both BFG's website and game manager and they hardly sell anything but crappy hidden object games, but after trying the first game on Steam I really fell for this series. I bought the second game on BFG immediately after finishing the first, and I've been waiting for the third installment since late august.

If you haven't heard of it and want to know what it's about, there's an article about it on PCGamer.com.
  • edited October 2011
    I paid my student loans today, so if my education counts as a purchasable commodity, then I just "bought" mine today.
  • edited October 2011
    Beyond Good and Evil and Prince of Persia: Sands of Time for about £5 on GOG.

To test out the new router.
    (Its running great! :D)
  • VainamoinenVainamoinen Moderator
    edited October 2011
    Please make BG&E the first game you play. BTW, the textures in this PC version are exactly the same that the next gen consoles got to see early this year in a supposed "HD" version. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise. :D

It was the first game I ever bought on GOG.com, because my two elder PC versions were not running on Windows 7 (for the sole reason, I will add, that the copy protection was incompatible with the newer Windows version).
  • edited October 2011
    Please make BG&E the first game you play. BTW, the textures in this PC version are exactly the same that the next gen consoles got to see early this year in a supposed "HD" version. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise. :D

It was the first game I ever bought on GOG.com, because my two elder PC versions were not running on Windows 7 (for the sole reason, I will add, that the copy protection was incompatible with the newer Windows version).

Well, I already own BG&E on the PS2, but I haven't played it much.
    I thought getting the PC version may eventually persuade me to play it more.

You see I have over 200 GOG titles now, and I should really start to really get into playing some of them.

BG&E will be fairly high on that list, but there are several other GOG titles that I need to play first.

(Along with console games. I have hundreds of those as well... (My backloggery says I have about 480 games to play, but its already out of date, as I have several more now! XD))

Also, I bought Super Scribblenauts on the DS today for £10.

An excellent game to play on a bus or train.
    (I played the original)
Sign in to comment in this discussion.