The Last Item You Purchased?

Comments

• edited October 2011
    You and me both, well not exactly 200 games but still a lot. And that is both in GOG and Steam.
    And BG&E is one of them. Bought it ages ago on GOG and never touched it.
    I should really kick my self in the butt and get started on my many games. :D
  • VainamoinenVainamoinen Moderator
    edited October 2011
    200?!? I don't have time for the ones I already have!

gogcomplete.jpg

BTW, I have also finished BG&E on PS2 (I had a second hand version; actually, I bought two to give to my brother and a friend for their birthdays). That was an OK experience as well, but there was a part in the sewers which drove me NUTS with the PS2 controls. Won't repeat that anytime soon. :(
  • edited October 2011
    And BG&E is one of them. Bought it ages ago on GOG and never touched it.
    You should definitely change that.
  • edited October 2011
    Am I the only person who didn't like Beyond Good and Evil?
  • edited October 2011

yes.
  • edited October 2011
    der_ketzer wrote: »
    You should definitely change that.

Yeah I know, I feel bad. :(

On another note I bought: Orcs Must Die! Artifacts of Power DLC and Magicka: Gamer Bundle DLC
  • edited October 2011
    thejokercover.jpg
    51EYINy00eL.jpg
  • edited October 2011
    200px-Sanitarium_Coverart.jpg

I felt compelled to purchase this for some reason.
  • edited October 2011
    200px-Sanitarium_Coverart.jpg

I felt compelled to purchase this for some reason.

Because it's awesome!
  • edited October 2011
    Considering Vampire: The Masquerade - Redemption, but I don't know that it's worth it. So for now, the last item I purchased was Terraria.
  • edited October 2011
    2 Singer Salvage Yard t-shirts... one for me, one for my brother for Xmas.
  • edited October 2011
    COOUF.jpg
  • VainamoinenVainamoinen Moderator
    edited October 2011

I won't say "yes", but it's a damn pity of course! Something like a "perfect game" probably does not exist and we react rather differently to different flaws in games. BG&E was so charmingly easy to get into, had so many nice and creative ideas and mixed very serious with goofy elements so seamlessly, and last not least had such a great main character that I could not but fall in love with it. I'd like to assume everyone would too, but... I can deal that it not being the case. ;)
  • edited October 2011
    mcg03horrorofglamrockbi.jpg
  • edited October 2011
    I won't say "yes", but it's a damn pity of course! Something like a "perfect game" probably does not exist and we react rather differently to different flaws in games. BG&E was so charmingly easy to get into, had so many nice and creative ideas and mixed very serious with goofy elements so seamlessly, and last not least had such a great main character that I could not but fall in love with it. I'd like to assume everyone would too, but... I can deal that it not being the case. ;)

Perhaps fittingly for me, the closest I ever came to a perfect game was Half Life 2.

Anyway, to the subject at hand. My last purchase was...

jack+daniels.jpg

It's fast on its way to replacing Stolichnaya as my drink of choice. I am a lousy communist.
  • edited October 2011
    I bought Happiness...

31xm2oPyS9L.jpg

...and Achtung Baby!

51iS5GX7MmL.jpg
  • edited October 2011
    On Steam:

Crazy Machines Everything pack: £12.49
    FEAR Collection: £6.79
    FEAR 3: £17.99
  • edited October 2011
    Overlord Complete Pack on Steam, I enjoyed it on the Xbox 360.
    And 75% off was too good a deal to say no to.
  • edited October 2011
    Oh forgot the steam sale.

Bioshock
    Cthulu Saves the World
    Breath of Death VII
    Painkiller:Black Edition.

Thatll keep me occupied.
  • edited October 2011
    Aside from Voxatron and the Indie Royale Launch Bundle (in reverse order), I also got the Cthulhu Saves The World + Breath of Death VII bundle. So far I've played Voxatron and Breath of Death VII, and bought the Launch Bundle purely for the Sanctum DLC (since I already got the game).
  • edited October 2011
    2011-10-31214722.jpg

I'm making a ball.
  • edited November 2011
    I gave up on reading "Unseen accademicals" and picked this up instead to bide me over until Inheritance.

dwm440cover-hp3.jpg
  • edited November 2011
    A PS2 Fat that I've been negotiating over for a week now. The reason I couldn't just go pick one up second hand is because I wanted one specially modded so I can play my precious, precious undubs.

Yes, I am aware they morally frowned upon, but I only use it to play undubs and import games, so there.
  • edited November 2011
    Maltesers!
  • edited November 2011
    A PS2 Fat that I've been negotiating over for a week now. The reason I couldn't just go pick one up second hand is because I wanted one specially modded so I can play my precious, precious undubs.
    How much?
  • edited November 2011

Yes, I am aware they morally frowned upon, but I only use it to play undubs and import games, so there.

You do know you can soft-mod a Fat pretty easily.
    (I should know as I did mine, but then I broke it the next day trying to tweak the laser! XD)

Besides, PCSX2 has come a long way. With a decent PC you could just emulate some of those games just fine.

(Especially FFX, as thats one of the easiest and least demanding PS2 game to emulate)
  • edited November 2011
    How much?
    Just under £75 / $115. Considering how much I've seen them elsewhere, that's a bargain.
    You do know you can soft-mod a Fat pretty easily.
    (I should know as I did mine, but then I broke it the next day trying to tweak the laser! XD)
    And that's why I didn't do it myself! I just wanted one that I didn't need to faff about with. Put in the disc, have it read, nice and simple.

Also, last thing I bought - Bastion.
  • edited November 2011
    Huh. I spent $15 for an un-modded fat PS2 at a convention, and I'm not sure the mod job is worth $100. :P
  • edited November 2011
    Well, $50 is postage, so that makes a used PS2 Fat with a new MODBO 4.0 modchip installed around $65. Better?
  • edited November 2011
    a9e0_weighted_companion_cube_plush.jpg
    A christmas present for my bro.
  • edited November 2011
    coolsome wrote: »

:love:
  • edited November 2011
    coolsome wrote: »
    a9e0_weighted_companion_cube_plush.jpg
    You actually forked out for the ridiculous shipping to the UK!?

I was going to get one of those. Wanted the turret plush too. However $38 odd shipping is too rich for my blood. It's more than the damn item for heaven's sake!

As for you Darth. I'm curious why you went for a fat instead of slim? I <3 my soft modded slim.
  • edited November 2011
    2 bags of coffee (Cafe Noir) and a box of chocolate covered marzipan for my mothers birthday. :)

And two plates of Marabou chocolate for my self.
  • edited November 2011
    Rawr wrote: »
    As for you Darth. I'm curious why you went for a fat instead of slim? I <3 my soft modded slim.
    1) I've had a Slim before, and I want to try something different.
    2) It's a tray rather than a top-loader, which I'm not a fan of.
    3) I keep the Slim standing up and the cat keeps knocking it over, I doubt she'll knock over a Fat.
    4) It's about £25/$40 cheaper than a Slim.
    5) It matches my other consoles better.
    6) There is no 6).
    7) No pooftas!
    8) It's got the old-style PS2 logo on it (petty, I know, but eh).
    9) Because I'm Fat. :(
  • edited November 2011
    How hard's the modding job though, would it not have been easier to buy one unmodded and having a crack at yourself?
  • edited November 2011
    I have absolutely no experience with soldering or installing modchips, and I don't want to risk breaking a console and/or modchip trying myself. It's just easier to get one pre-modded.
  • edited November 2011
    JedExodus wrote: »
    How hard's the modding job though, would it not have been easier to buy one unmodded and having a crack at yourself?
    Depends what type of modding you want. Having a chip requires soldering, so if you aren't very confident, it's beneficial to have someone else do it. Soft modding on the other hand is pretty easy to do. It took me 5mins to do my slim.

The main benefits of having a chip include the ability to play other region dual layered disks and not needing a disk to boot the game up unlike with soft modded consoles.

However, there isn't that many dual layered PS2 disks anyway and most are either out in every region anyway, or people have made work arounds. For example someone made a work around for Xenosaga Ep 1.
  • edited November 2011
    Rawr wrote: »
    You actually forked out for the ridiculous shipping to the UK!?

I was going to get one of those. Wanted the turret plush too. However $38 odd shipping is too rich for my blood. It's more than the damn item for heaven's sake!

It was off play.com no shipping charges :D
  • edited November 2011
    box_159974-hd.jpg
    £7 (second hand)
    Apollo-justice-english-cover.jpg
    £12(second hand)

I traded in Pilotwings resort against them so got them for £2. Bargain.
  • edited November 2011
    Food! Glorious Food!
Sign in to comment in this discussion.