ebooks?id=MJNi0uU8kdoC&printsec=frontcover&img=1&zoom=1

I love this book. King is a master.
  • edited November 2011
    220px-Supbatpub.jpg

image-10.jpg
  • edited November 2011
    That-Is-All.jpg
  • edited November 2011
    I got my macbook pro today :) my first mac ever and I love it Insanly great :)
  • edited November 2011
    WARP10CK wrote: »
    I got my macbook pro today :) my first mac ever and I love it Insanly great :)

Bootcamp is the greatest thing ever. Though I'm also an enormous fan of the trackpad. Two-finger scroll FTW!
  • edited November 2011
    Bootcamp is the greatest thing ever. Though I'm also an enormous fan of the trackpad. Two-finger scroll FTW!

Really? I've had my Mac for about two months now and I've only used Bootcamp twice- both times to play Rollercoaster Tycoon.
  • edited November 2011
    Really? I've had my Mac for about two months now and I've only used Bootcamp twice- both times to play Rollercoaster Tycoon.

I use Bootcamp all the time, mainly because both of my PCs are quite some distance away from me. I just wish I had created a greater partition. So far, I've used it to play ME2, The Witcher, Planescape: Torment, and Sanitarium. Though, now I'm thinking of maybe seeing if I can get Fallout: New Vegas to run on it.
  • edited November 2011
    Finally saw Scott Pilgrim vs. the World, now that the hype has died down. I didn't think it was the greatest film ever, but I did enjoy it, so I just purchased the game.
  • edited November 2011
    Finally saw Scott Pilgrim vs. the World, now that the hype has died down. I didn't think it was the greatest film ever, but I did enjoy it, so I just purchased the game.

It´s one of those rare cases were the game is better than the movie that game is just fun to play.
  • edited November 2011
    WARP10CK wrote: »
    It´s one of those rare cases were the game is better than the movie that game is just fun to play.

Rare? I thought most Games are better then there movie counterparts.
  • edited November 2011
    coolsome wrote: »
    Rare? I thought most Games are better then there movie counterparts.

That's only if they go the other way around.

Games based on movies typically suck.

Moves based on games typically suck.

There are exceptions here and there.
  • edited November 2011
    51734pRq2%2BL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Amazon has it for $20 today, so I thought why the hell not?
  • edited November 2011
    super_mario_3d_land_3ds_na.jpg
  • edited November 2011
    Oh and I bought Mario 3D Land also. Love that boxart.
  • edited November 2011
    I also got SM3DL.
  • edited November 2011
    Oh and I bought Mario 3D Land also. Love that boxart.

What? Me not keeping up with the Games industry anymore, I've not seen it until a few posts up, and my first thought was that they somehow left the bit in photoshop to let you know it's transparent on.
  • edited November 2011
    Ribs wrote: »
    What? Me not keeping up with the Games industry anymore, I've not seen it until a few posts up, and my first thought was that they somehow left the bit in photoshop to let you know it's transparent on.

Yeah, I had the same exact reaction. I have no idea what they were going for there. They could have at least made it a bluish pattern so we could imagine it's a sky.
  • edited November 2011
    LuigiHann wrote: »
    Yeah, I had the same exact reaction. I have no idea what they were going for there. They could have at least made it a bluish pattern so we could imagine it's a sky.

3d->Layers->Background layer maybe? Meh, it sucks (as a box art).

Anyway, my copy of Skyward sword has just been dispatched, so I guess that is my most recent purchase. But I'm about to buy:
    41UeyjnT0bL._SL500_AA300_.jpg
    £15.99 (marked down from £39.99, with a two year guarantee on it!)
  • edited November 2011
    2mqkg3l.jpg
  • edited November 2011
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSl8LpzKrhJWWKAkRvbEAQ-y8xGj6mLWSXmc71TDou351FnlFkr
    £4.99
  • edited November 2011
    good decision.
  • edited November 2011
    Not really.
  • edited November 2011
    The last thing I purchased was a $1260 set of wheels and winter tires from TireRack. :P
  • edited November 2011
    Movie tickets. One Matinee and One Senior for Happy Feet 2. Mom wanted to see it, but she doesn't like watching family movies by herself.
  • edited November 2011
    An 1873 Griswold revolver.

http://www.google.com/imgres?q=griswold+revolver&um=1&hl=en&client=safari&sa=N&rls=en&biw=1506&bih=835&tbm=isch&tbnid=H59Oexst38GUCM:&imgrefurl=http://collectorebooks.com/jamesauction/confederate/32918.htm&docid=rWHm6gYwnDvQgM&imgurl=http://collectorebooks.com/jamesauction/confederate/image2/32918x1.jpg&w=700&h=311&ei=eDPHTvGaBeLniAKBoaXIDw&zoom=1&iact=hc&vpx=179&vpy=402&dur=304&hovh=95&hovw=238&tx=207&ty=53&sig=117858774323569995489&page=1&tbnh=95&tbnw=238&start=0&ndsp=30&ved=1t:429,r:11,s:0

I know a guy who sells old Civil War weaponry. Got this pistol for 200 dollars. I now have the following weapons:

M1 Garand
    1911 Browning handgun
    1860 LeMat Revolver
    Smith & Wesson Model 66
    Henry Rifle
    1927 Thompson Sub-Machine Gun (it's only a model.)
    M1 Carbine
    M16
    12 Gauge Double-Barrel Shotgun
    Beretta 92
    1887 Winchester 12 Gauge Shotgun
    1873 Winchester Rifle
    1873 Griswold Revolver

I got myself an armory!
  • edited November 2011
    Does it actually fire?
  • edited November 2011
    Does it actually fire?

Yes, I believe it does. I just don't have any musket balls and percussion caps handy.
  • edited November 2011
    Caved and bought Saints Row The Third on PC after seeing it for £22. A surprisingly enjoyable game in all honestly, I got bored quickly in the first two, but 3 gets straight into it.

Was tempted to get the deluxe edition bundle on TT, but the shipping price put me off. Annoying how expensive USPS is really, I buy from Asia a lot too, and their shipping prices aren't half as pricey.
  • edited November 2011
    51Kx8dxeUBL.jpg
  • edited November 2011
    Super Mario 3D Land and a Red 3DS.

About £113

I was going to get Super Mario 3D Land today anyway, and since its in a bundle deal with a 3DS for £149 at Tesco I thought I would use my 10% discount and my £18.50 worth of clubcard vouchers and get it.

I'm getting about £100 back for the 3DS from my parents, since its a christmas present for my little bro.

Yet another 3DS game I've managed to avoid paying full price for! :D
  • edited November 2011
    i saw you playing it whilst I was Retro!! Having fun?
  • edited November 2011
    JedExodus wrote: »
    i saw you playing it whilst I was Retro!! Having fun?

I've only played a few levels, but yeah! Its great! :D

I like the fact that its like a remix of all the Mario games so far.
    (Its sort of Nintendo's Generations, but without the awkwardness 2 versions of the same character! XD)

It seems very well blended, and the 3D effects are great.

Don't want to rush myself though, as it could be a while till some more 3DS games I want come out.
    (I want to build a nice library of them! :D)
  • edited November 2011
    I've only played a few levels, but yeah! Its great! :D

I like the fact that its like a remix of all the Mario games so far.
    (Its sort of Nintendo's Generations, but without the awkwardness 2 versions of the same character! XD)

It seems very well blended, and the 3D effects are great.

Don't want to rush myself though, as it could be a while till some more 3DS games I want come out.
    (I want to build a nice library of them! :D)

The 3D's really easy on the eyes and totally helps with the gameplay. I'm on the end of world 8 at the mo. I know what happens when you reach the end, but I shan't spoil it.

The 2D/3D hybrid works really well, I also like how it uses the 2D Mario system for health as opposed to a health bar like in Galaxy.

Level design's tip-top, it just gets better as you go on ;)
  • edited November 2011
    Best-Skyrim-UK-prices-Sainsburys-Asda-and-Tesco.jpg
  • edited November 2011
    y2xnr.jpg
  • edited November 2011
    Airplane tickets to Enlgand for Christmas.
  • edited November 2011
    Legend_of_Zelda_Skyward_Sword_boxart.png Dis, and so far I'm liking it. Need to get used to the controls though.
  • edited November 2011
    crackdown.jpg?w=468darknesscoverfg5.jpg

Total cost: £5.50. Quite happy with that, really.
  • edited November 2011
    A Bowie Knife. Damn!
  • edited November 2011
    Cavestory+
Sign in to comment in this discussion.