FAQ for new posters & ask general questions here!

Comments

• VainamoinenVainamoinen Moderator
    edited December 2010
    No, sorry. Please read the FAQ on the first page.
  • edited December 2010
    Hey guys!
    I really want to pre-order Bttf, which will be my first game from TTG. I can't seem to find anywhere to get the mac-version, so my question to you is: If i pre-order this now, will i be able to choose to download either the mac or pc version on release-day? or do i have to wait for the mac version to be availiable before ordering? Sorry, this might be a stupid question, but i can't seem to find any info on this from TTG either.
  • edited December 2010
    You get both pc & mac versions through this site. So pre-order away as you'll be able to get the mac version on release day.
  • edited December 2010
    You get both pc & mac versions through this site. So pre-order away as you'll be able to get the mac version on release day.
    Ok, thanks a bunch, mate! Time to pre-order then :)
  • edited December 2010
    Updated. Added official PC/Mac specs and deleted the Q about graphics. There's plenty of screen shots and videos widely available now, so that question became outdated.
  • edited December 2010
    When is that Blitz through Time update coming?
  • edited December 2010
    Origami wrote: »
    When is that Blitz through Time update coming?

What about it? I consider Blitz Through Time and BttF: The Game two different things. If you want to do a BtT FAQ, I'd suggest starting that on a new thread rather than cluttering up this FAQ with answers about that game.
  • edited December 2010
    ^
    No.

Blitz through Time is promotional material for the game.
    There is going to be new voiceclips in it.
  • edited December 2010
    Just a quick question....

If we pre-ordered the game, will we be able to download our episodes onto multiple computers or is there some sort of SecuROM-esque limitation?

While I'm going to attempt to play the game on my laptop, I'd like to at least be able to d/l them onto any future new desktop computers (/w specs to play at maximum setting) I may get.
  • edited December 2010
    Spykes, I think you should have added XBox-related questions too, so that the new unnecesary topics could be redirected here, to this sticky thread.

Thanks for the FAQ update :)
  • edited December 2010
    Just a quick question....

If we pre-ordered the game, will we be able to download our episodes onto multiple computers or is there some sort of SecuROM-esque limitation?

While I'm going to attempt to play the game on my laptop, I'd like to at least be able to d/l them onto any future new desktop computers (/w specs to play at maximum setting) I may get.

There is a limit, but it's pretty high. I've actually downloaded one of my games onto five different computers with no problem (my desktop, my laptop, my mom's computer, my dad's and my roommate's)!
  • edited December 2010
    There is a limit, but it's pretty high. I've actually downloaded one of my games onto five different computers with no problem (my desktop, my laptop, my mom's computer, my dad's and my roommate's)!

Good to know. I've been planning on getting a new desktop computer at some point so I'll be sure to keep that in mind.

Thanks! =]
  • edited December 2010
    Carlos85G wrote: »
    Spykes, I think you should have added XBox-related questions too, so that the new unnecesary topics could be redirected here, to this sticky thread.

Thanks for the FAQ update :)

I kind of already had that covered in my question about what platforms it will be release on, but I added an extra line in regards to xbox and wii to make it clearer.

And I'm still not adding anything about Blitz Through Time. It may be promo material, but its still a totally different game, with different rules, limitations, etc. This faq is for BttF The Game only.
    edited December 2010
    I second that. No Facebook-related questions here - it's really getting weighty, and the next new poster wave is only days away. :D

You could add a link to the general Telltale FAQ, though - many people seem to miss that.
  • edited December 2010
    Hi!
    1. Is this game DRM-free (when purchasing from you directly)?
    2. Is there support for multi languages?
    3. What will it cost after the presale period?
    4. What will it cost later on Steam?

TIA
    skyler
  • edited December 2010
    1. No (but you can install the game on a few computers)

2. No

3. The same price

4. No idea, but Steam doesn't send you a DVD box after the episodes are released. (you only pay for shipping)
  • edited December 2010
    Thanks!

What DRM will BTTF use then? How will it work?
    edited December 2010
    We don't know yet. Different modes of DRM were used in past DVDs, and in one case, none at all.
  • edited December 2010
    For the downloadable versions of their games, the copy protection is in the form of a launcher that requires you either to log into your Telltale account or to enter your serial number the first time you load the game.
  • edited December 2010
    That means there is an internet connection required for playing the game?

Is it possible to get some offical information about the way DRM is used in BTTF?

I just don't like surprises and like to know what kind of first or third party copy protection is installed on my computer and how it works. Especially if it binds somehow the license to my hardware configuration or an account here.

It would be sad if i can't install the game anymore when my hardware changed 3 times or something and no one cares then about revoking the dead licenses.

Just got disappointed to much by publishers that dont care about their customers after releasing a game or even got bankrupt. :(
    edited December 2010
    Okay, first things first, please read the General TTG FAQ.

Buying this game means getting all five episodes as a download AND the season DVD after the season ends. These versions naturally use different copy protections.

The episodes use a very, very simple internet activation. Once activated, you can play the game offline, and you will not have to activate these again if you don't deinstall them. You can also be sure that you CAN change your hardware more than three times and still play the download episodes. There's no official number, but you can play these on more than one system, and the number is far, far above 3. ;)

There will probably not be any official information on the copy protection on the final season DVD. Past experience tells us that it's a rather mild disc-check or no copy protection at all. The DVD can be used without any internet activation, just like a real, old-school retail game.
  • edited December 2010
    Thanks for that answer :)

Sounds like a pretty fair usage of DRM other publishers could take a leaf out of.

Will the disc be also send to other countries e.g. germany? What will be the shipping costs then?
    edited December 2010
    I can't really say how much shipping costs. Somewhere between 12 and 20 $ over to Europe, I think. And yes, they will of course deliver this DVD to other countries if you pay the shipping costs. I already had two games (and lots of other TTG merchandise stuff ;) ) delivered over here.
  • edited December 2010
    ^
    Plus you pay import costs.
    edited December 2010
    Sometimes.
  • edited December 2010
    If you're lucky.
  • edited December 2010
    Another small update to the bottom of the FAQ. Added a link to the general TTG FAQ.
  • edited December 2010
    Are the disc versions able to be played without the disc in the drive?, I know TOMI could be played without the disc but thats all I have so I dont know if this is the case with all disc versions.
  • edited December 2010
    prizna wrote: »
    Are the disc versions able to be played without the disc in the drive?, I know TOMI could be played without the disc but thats all I have so I dont know if this is the case with all disc versions.

We won't know until the disc is released- almost all of Telltale's games have required some form of disc check, though.
  • edited December 2010
    Ok thats weird coz I can play TOMI without the disc.
  • edited December 2010
    prizna wrote: »
    Ok thats weird coz I can play TOMI without the disc.

Yes, ToMI is the exception. Wallace and Gromit has an internet based check, and all of Sam and Max and Strong Bad had disc checks. Not sure about Bone, though.
  • edited December 2010
    Thanks, well I hope BttF doesnt need the disc.
  • edited December 2010
    I'm a PS3 gamer and I really LOVE back to the future, is the game going to be not as good on PS3? It seems the Dev's are putting PC before PS3 and Xbox. With the release dates and things.

Also, am I right in thinking that all 5 games are going to be released on PS3, one a Month?

And can I pre-order them for PS3?
    edited December 2010
    Welcome, and that's FAQ material! ;)

First, every platform has its pros and cons. No platform is "favoured" by TTG. PS3 is coming a bit later because on this console, the company hasn't got entire control over the release schedule - the PSN is pulling far more strings than TTG does.

Second, yes, the monthly release schedule should be maintained on PS3.

Third, you can't pre-order for PS3 at the moment. I am not sure if this will change in January.
  • edited December 2010
    Perfect answer, thanks :D
  • edited December 2010
    Hey guys,

Sorry if this has been asked before. I was just wondering if there were any bonuses for pre-ordering Back to the Future earlier that I may have missed out on? I know TellTale is offering a free copy of Puzzle Agent, but were there any Back to the Future-releated bonuses offered in the past (kind of like the slipcase we got for pre-ordering Tales of Monkey Island)?

Thanks!
  • edited December 2010
    There were some fun contests in the Pre-order boards that you may have missed out on if you pre-ordered late....

Other than that the Holiday sale had one day that you got the BTTF card game free for pre-ordering the game.... but that was technically more of a holiday sale...

There was a rumor that Bob Gale was going to show up personally at some Pre-Orderees houses and headbutt them in the gut.... but I may have just made that up... I mean who can keep track of these things.. really?

Also welcome to the boards.... Kings Quest rocks... I imagine that is where your screen name comes from... or maybe its your first name... if so tell your parents they are cruel.
  • edited December 2010
    Thanks for your reply.

Are you referring to this cardgame: http://www.telltalegames.com/store/bttf-cardgame

If you are, that's quite a generous bonus (19.95 bonus for a 24.95 game)! I wish I had pre-ordered back then - just been too busy with school to keep up with things up until this weekend.

Thanks for the welcome - I've been a Telltale fan for quite some time, just haven't posted on the forums. Seems like a pretty friendly community. Haha yeah, the name is from King's Quest, my favorite series from my childhood. Glad to see some fellow fans here :)
  • edited December 2010
    Yep that is the one... I missed that one too... because I pre-ordered BEFORE that deal :(
  • edited December 2010
    There is a contest going on right now to win a Diamond Select DeLorean time machine toy. Only reason I haven't entered is I already have one, as well as a 1:18 scale from Sunstar, a 1:43 scale BTTF3 from Vitesse, a Johnny Lightning BTTF2, and a Hot Wheels BTTF1. :p
Sign in to comment in this discussion.