FAQ for new posters & ask general questions here!

Comments

• edited December 2010
    Hi, I am planning on getting the first episode of the game when it arrives on Mac this month. But I am planning on getting the updated iPad whenever that comes out early next year and was wondering if I would need to pay twice to play the game on iPad.

Thanks
  • edited December 2010
    Yes. As far as I know the Mac version is purchased via the Telltale website, but the iPad version will be purchased via the App store.
  • edited December 2010
    Its a better deal to buy directly from the source... CRAZY!!

What about if you can't play it on PC ? YOU CAN'T ...
  • edited December 2010
    Hi there, was just wondering about the ps3 versions release. Not the date per say, as I know it's intended to be released "shortly after" the pc version. But i'm just curious if it'll be releasing on PSN in Dec 2010 or if it'll end up being the very start of Jan 2011. Even more specifically, in Europe.

Cheers :-)
  • edited December 2010
    Hi there, was just wondering about the ps3 versions release. Not the date per say, as I know it's intended to be released "shortly after" the pc version. But i'm just curious if it'll be releasing on PSN in Dec 2010 or if it'll end up being the very start of Jan 2011. Even more specifically, in Europe.

Cheers :-)

PSN releases for Sam & Max TDP were pretty soon after the PC/Mac release in North America and perhaps a week or two later for Europe. I wouldn't hold out hope for getting in during December, but probably January.

Of course, this is all speculation on my part :)
  • edited December 2010
    Yeah I was thinking it'd probably be after new year over here too. Hopefully we can get a world-wide simultaneous (near enough anyway) Dec 2010 release yet still.
  • edited December 2010
    IGN said the PC version will be out at the end of the month.

And that we should not expect Ps3 and Ipad version before 2011.
  • edited December 2010
    When this games was first announced, they said it would be available on Xbox Live Arcade. GREAT SCOTT!!! Have those plans changed? Everything I see now only says PC/MAC, PS3/iPad....

Would love to get it on XBLA as opposed to using my PC.
  • VainamoinenVainamoinen Moderator
    edited December 2010
    No new info, there are no plans for an Xbox version at the moment. I'm sad to say, but at the time, asking again in a year is probably the best idea... :(

But really, if your PC can play it, order it for PC! :D
  • edited December 2010
    It was never announced for the Xbox. Some people had incorrectly interpreted the quote "Telltale currently develops and publishes episodic series on PlayStation® 3, PC, Mac, Wii™, Xbox 360™ and iPad" as an announcement of platforms, when it was just detailing their experience.
  • edited December 2010
    Hey Everyone

I have faqs to ask

is back to the future going to be out to download by this weekend?
  • edited December 2010
    We don't know.
  • edited December 2010
    Enders wrote: »
    Hey Everyone

I have faqs to ask

is back to the future going to be out to download by this weekend?

THE RELEASE DATE IS DEC 22nd. (The newest blog post states as such)

In other words, next Wednesday.

REMEMBER, IF YOU LIVE IN EUROPE OR ASIA, IT WILL BE THURSDAY MORNING FOR YOU (timezones!)

end capslock.
  • edited December 2010
    Updated the FAQ. Now we never have to hear the question "When will it be released!!??!?!" again.... :p

Just to make sure everyone caught it.....

DECEMBER 22nd
  • edited December 2010
    Spykes wrote: »
    Updated the FAQ. Now we never have to hear the question "When will it be released!!??!?!" again.... :p

Until the next episode.
  • edited December 2010
    Now it will just be the PS3 peeps asking that question...
  • edited December 2010
    New gameplay vid!!!
  • edited December 2010
    Origami wrote: »
    New gameplay vid!!!

Where?!
  • edited December 2010
    forgive me but im a newbie......will the 25 dollars for one episode or all of them>

and the dvd thats being given away, what region will it be and what will be on it??

thanks
  • edited December 2010
    forgive me but im a newbie......will the 25 dollars for one episode or all of them>

and the dvd thats being given away, what region will it be and what will be on it??

thanks

The 25 dollars is for all five episodes. The DVD will likely be region free, and will contain all five episodes as well as some sort of bonus content.
  • edited December 2010
    The 25 dollars is for all five episodes. The DVD will definitely be region free, and will contain all five episodes as well as some sort of bonus content.

Fixed :)

Telltale's DVDs were ALWAYS region free... since they sell their games into the entire world, the best possible choice.
  • edited December 2010
    The 25 dollars is for all five episodes. The DVD will likely be region free, and will contain all five episodes as well as some sort of bonus content.

wait im confused...all five episodes?? to watch?

the episodes are the games right?
  • edited December 2010
    Yes
  • edited December 2010
    wait im confused...all five episodes?? to watch?

the episodes are the games right?

Yes. If you have a DVD-ROM drive on your computer, you'll be able to install and play the games from the disc. The bonus content will probably be in the form of videos on the DVD that you can either watch on your computer or on a DVD player hooked up to your TV.
  • edited December 2010
    Hey question, Telltale folks:

Is the game that's on pre-order right now part of the 50% off for all Back to the Future merchandise today?

I'm kinda confused coz it also shows "BACK TO THE FUTURE: The Game" in the deals page clickable promo banner.

Just wondering. Thanks!
    edited December 2010
    Nahhh, the game itself doesn't count as merchandise, although Bob Gale might be of a different opinion. :D
  • edited December 2010
    For those wondering about episodes- that's just what Telltale calls their games. 5 episodes=1 season.
  • edited December 2010
    Hi,

I am new to your company and I have not bought a new computer game for over a decade. You have caught my attention as I work in the media and love the Back To The Future films. I also remember Sam & Max and cannot believe they are still alive and kicking. As for Monkey Island if my memory does not deceive me, that was the very first game I ever played on my first PC (IBM 386). I think the format for this new game is perfect and bringing one of the original main actors into it is a big attraction. I am ditching the idea of getting an Xbox 360 and feel this is a better way of spending my money (you are releasing for Mac, excellent)!

Anyway, I have a few questions if you can help please:
    Insider Forum: We sign you up for special pre-release insider forum at Telltale site; chat with team creating the game throughout the process.

Will this not be accessible by anyone who buys the game on or after the release date?
    Get free full season Collector’s DVD. Available for order after series finale (you pay only for shipping and handling).

How much will shipping cost to the UK for this please? I just added BTTF license plates to my basket and shipping was free so hoping that would be the case for the DVD too!

If I do not pre-order and buy the four latter episodes separately (with the first one being free), how much will they cost? Also, how much will the DVD cost to buy if I do not pre-order?

Thank you and good luck, the preview footage looks good.
  • edited December 2010
    The Insider forum goes public (but becomes read only) after the first episode is released. Here's the Monkey Island Insider forum, for example;

http://www.telltalegames.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=41

The shipping /non-pre-order questions I'l defer to someone more knowledgeable.

(and welcome!)
  • edited December 2010
    picnick wrote: »
    Hi,

I am new to your company and I have not bought a new computer game for over a decade. You have caught my attention as I work in the media and love the Back To The Future films. I also remember Sam & Max and cannot believe they are still alive and kicking. As for Monkey Island if my memory does not deceive me, that was the very first game I ever played on my first PC (IBM 386).

If you have fond memories of the original LucasArts Sam & Max and Monkey Island games, definitely consider getting Telltale's games. BTW, you can get "Abe Lincoln Must Die!" for free (Sam & Max Save The World Episode 4) over
    here.
    Anyway, I have a few questions if you can help please:

How much will shipping cost to the UK for this please? I just added BTTF license plates to my basket and shipping was free so hoping that would be the case for the DVD too!

Add any of the other DVDs to your shopping cart, and step through until postage rates are shown (just don't commit the order if you don't want it).
    Oh and UK is listed under "Great Britain", go figure.

The DVD won't be out until a few months after the season is finished, so there's plenty of time to save up money for the shipping.
    (For example: Sam & Max The Devil's Playhouse finished up in August, and the DVD is only /just/ shipping right now this week damnIhopemyDVDshipssoon)
    If I do not pre-order and buy the four latter episodes separately (with the first one being free), how much will they cost? Also, how much will the DVD cost to buy if I do not pre-order?

The Season is $24.95. That's the cost for all five episodes, whether or not you just try out the first one for free or not.

If you buy direct from Telltale's website (i.e. here) you're eligible to get the DVD for free (preorder or late order) when it's available.

If you buy the game from anywhere else (PSN, Steam, Direct2Drive, etc) then you can re-buy the PC/Mac games and DVD for... you guessed it, $24.95.
    Thank you and good luck, the preview footage looks good.

Welcome and be sure to read the FAQ threads, especially divisionten's brand spanking new "General Telltale FAQ"
  • edited December 2010
    Hi,
    Iwas wondering if I pre order the game in english today and download it on december 22th, will I be able to download it later in french ?
    I'm french and I want to figure out what I am suppose to do ?
    The french version will be available here ?

PS : French here could be replace by another language other than english of course.

Thanks a lot :)
  • edited December 2010
    Please, people, read the general FAQ. Most of your questions can be answered here, including game languages, release times, dates, etc.

http://www.telltalegames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21051
  • edited December 2010
    Molokov wrote: »
    If you have fond memories of the original LucasArts Sam & Max ...
    Welcome and be sure to read the FAQ threads, especially divisionten's brand spanking new "General Telltale FAQ"

Thank you for the response, I will keep an eye on the site!
  • edited December 2010
    Hi this is my first time posting.
    I know this is a stupid question, and I'm probably being nit picky. please don't flame.

today currently it says its day 21 of the 30 days Christmas sale.
    If my logic recalls they had a sale for 50 percent for all merchandise excluding the poker night and back to the future which was actually stated. this included games such as same and max and tales from monkey island and t shirts and stuff you get the idea.

Currently the sale lists all back the future merchandise as 50 percent off.

I nearly had my heart stop for a moment and immediately tried to order the game only to find out apparenty i can get a discount on a license plate for back to the future but not the game. The Banner for the sale clearly lists back to the future the game on it and does not have a disclaimer excluding the game.

please ammend the banner, that was a big let down for me, unless there is a actually a sale on the game then please fix asap so I can get it.
    edited December 2010
    PANDIOSITY wrote: »
    Hi this is my first time posting.
    I know this is a stupid question, and I'm probably being nit picky. please don't flame.

today currently it says its day 21 of the 30 days Christmas sale.
    If my logic recalls they had a sale for 50 percent for all merchandise excluding the poker night and back to the future which was actually stated. this included games such as same and max and tales from monkey island and t shirts and stuff you get the idea.

Currently the sale lists all back the future merchandise as 50 percent off.

I nearly had my heart stop for a moment and immediately tried to order the game only to find out apparenty i can get a discount on a license plate for back to the future but not the game. The Banner for the sale clearly lists back to the future the game on it and does not have a disclaimer excluding the game.

please ammend the banner, that was a big let down for me, unless there is a actually a sale on the game then please fix asap so I can get it.

Sorry for moving you around... ;)

You'll have your answer just some questions up there. But here it is again: No, the Back to the Future game is of course not merchandise, it's, well, the real thing, the main event, the happening around which all merchandise is grouped! No 50% discount on that, it's cheap enough as it is...

And welcome to the forums!
  • edited December 2010
    Hi all,

I've had a look around and I'm either blind or I'm not really reading, but what type of game is this? I mean is it first person, third person, point & click etc...
    I'm only asking as I'd like to pre-order it.

Thanks in advance.
  • edited December 2010
    May I direct you here:

Telltale General FAQ?
    edited December 2010
    FAQ time!

That's where you'll find your answer.

You'd normally call this a point and click-adventure game; but the controls are just a little bit different, because you'll also have to use WASD to directly control the character on PC/Mac.
  • edited December 2010
    I have another question.

What platforms do we get with the purchase? Mac and pc? or is it the iPad also included
  • edited December 2010
    wiil it be coming out on the xbox?
Sign in to comment in this discussion.