FAQ for new posters & ask general questions here!

Comments

• edited November 2010
    Yeah, I noticed it said "Unplanned". But then again special editions Monkey Island 1 and 2 were released on the Iphone. And the device can do rather nice 3d graphics. Though the game would have to be re-done in terms of graphics and controls, it would be possible. Not saying, they are doing it though.
  • VainamoinenVainamoinen Moderator
    edited November 2010
    I don't think the BTTF game will be ported to iPhone. It would probably loose so much that makes the game special, i.e. graphics, voices etc.

The site sais "unplanned"; that word makes the article obsolete. If a game is NOT planned to be ported to a certain platform, it would be one hell of a miracle if it actually happened. ;)

Still, this mini-description reveals things I haven't yet heard about the game's storyline, or is that just extrapolated from the first pictures??:
    Marty McFly and Doc Brown return in a completely new Back to the Future adventure. Six months after the events of the third film, the DeLorean Time Machine mysteriously returns to Hill Valley -- driverless!
  • edited November 2010
    Oh my God.

I never tried to play Sam and Max 3 on Pc with a joypad. I didn't know it was made with the ps3 in mind.

I stopped playing the game because of the horrible controls (keyboard + mouse).

I just tried with a joypad...

It's incredible :O ...

It's like perfect and so confortable :O ...

Wow I feel bad about it now >_<

But BTTF is going to be even more perfect :O ... I'm definitely buying it on PS3 though, so I can play on big screen ^^ ! But at least I'm gonna enjoy the hell out of the first episode on PC first ^^ .
    I don't think the BTTF game will be ported to iPhone. It would probably loose so much that makes the game special, i.e. graphics, voices etc.

The monkey island, and Baphomet (broken sword) have Full voice over dubs. As for the graphics, they can just numerize 3D into 2D.
  • edited November 2010
    3 more days!!!
  • edited November 2010
    Just posted this week's deal in the Insider Forum. 50% off of the Sam and Max soundtrack bundle!
  • edited November 2010
    Just posted this week's deal in the Insider Forum. 50% off of the Sam and Max soundtrack bundle!

No chance at all to preorder the game on PS3 :/ .. ?
  • edited November 2010
    Just posted some interesting, exclusive, information on the Insider Forums.
  • edited November 2010
    *runs off to the exclusive board*
  • edited November 2010
    Strayth wrote: »
    But BTTF is going to be even more perfect :O ... I'm definitely buying it on PS3 though, so I can play on big screen ^^ ! But at least I'm gonna enjoy the hell out of the first episode on PC first

I would get the PC version due to getting a FREE DVD at the end with bonus content.
  • edited November 2010
    I would get the PC version due to getting a FREE DVD at the end with bonus content.

Well I'm french, and even if I do speak english, I'd like a french version, and since the germans are getting one, I don't see why there's not gonna be one.

I'm gonna buy the game twice, once in english on Ps3, and once in french (probably on Pc since I don't think it will be released on Ps3 in french, but hey, maybe).

So I don't want to also buy it on PC.

Though I'd like to know a little more about the localisations, cauz I would kinda get pissed if the dubbed versions came out not too far away from the english dub. Would be cool to know what Telltale is up too ...
  • edited November 2010
    I'm probably going to go with the PS3 version too. Though the free first episode will help me see how it works on my computer (never played Sam and Max).
  • edited November 2010
    Oh goody the trailer is coming out tomorrow!
  • edited November 2010
    Oh goody the trailer is coming out tomorrow!

Wait? What? Isn't it coming out Thursday?
  • edited November 2010
    Wait? What? Isn't it coming out Thursday?

Aw gee whiz did I mix the dates up again?
  • edited November 2010
    Aw gee whiz did I mix the dates up again?

Yep, ya did. It's gonna be a long wait for Thursday!
  • edited November 2010
    2 more days!!! ^^
    edited November 2010
    Well I'm french, and even if I do speak english, I'd like a french version, and since the germans are getting one, I don't see why there's not gonna be one.

Don't be too sure about that. From the look of things, a German version is "attempted" by more than one possible party; but none seems to have enough money on their hands to do it right. :(
  • edited November 2010
    Don't be too sure about that. From the look of things, a German version is "attempted" by more than one possible party; but none seems to have enough money on their hands to do it right.

I heard the Marty voice actor refused to reprise the role because of money ?

That's too bad :/ ...

Tell me, did they record new lines for the advertisement of the anniversary bluray release ? Cauz in France they did, they had Marty and Doc's voice saying fun things in the TV spot ^^ . Like "Geez Doc, what is this ? Are we back in time or something ?" "No Marty ! This is the 25th anniversary bluray release !"

I know that in France, a voice actor (unless he's... well known for major movie/tv show roles as an actor) can't ask to be payed more than other voice actors. It's more about the quantity you're doing than about your name. Maybe it's different in Germany ?
  • edited November 2010
    ^
    Link NAU!!!!
  • edited December 2010
    I figure it's time to give this bad boy a little update.

Added the trailer and got rid of some very out of date information.
    edited December 2010
    Great work. The earlier screenshots could be replaced by trailer ones (Doc specifically), but the FAQ now really gives a concise & correct impression of what to expect.
  • edited December 2010
    Hey guys

How much longer until this game is released for us to play
  • edited December 2010
    Sometime this month. December is listed as the release window in the GameTrailers trailer. There's no precise date on Episode 1 quite yet.
  • edited December 2010
    The fact that the second episode will be out in February, and not January, pretty much confirms the first episode will be out LATE LATE december.

Nothing before the 25th for sure.
  • edited December 2010
    Not really. There's been a hiatus of about that length between episode 1 and episode 2 of damn near every Telltale season ever.
    edited December 2010
    The fact that the second episode will be out in February, and not January, pretty much confirms the first episode will be out LATE LATE december.

Nothing before the 25th for sure.

No, we're still guessing here. Season 2 of Sam & Max had its first episode released in early November (Nov 08), but it took a full two months to release its second episode (January 10). The holidays are slowing things down between years, but that is no indication wether we'll have a game in three weeks or in ten days. I consider all of these dates still possible and at the time, I won't attribute possibilities (although I have made my guess in the release date guessing thread :D ).
  • edited December 2010
    They said Episode 1 is out in winter.. Offically, Winter starts on the 21st of December so.. unless the common mistake is made, we have a time span of 21st-31st December.. If everything runs to plan of course..

By the way.. Now the episode titles are out... i'm probebly being a little stupid but is "It's About Time" the first or last part? sure, it's top of the list, so i would say first, but it's not always that way with me experince so i'm a little unsure.. The Title would really work for a start or an end..
  • edited December 2010
    ManicMan wrote: »
    By the way.. Now the episode titles are out... i'm probebly being a little stupid but is "It's About Time" the first or last part? sure, it's top of the list, so i would say first, but it's not always that way with me experince so i'm a little unsure.. The Title would really work for a start or an end..
    "It's About Time" is the first episode. "OUTATIME" is the last episode. The correct order of the episodes is also at the end of the trailer: http://www.gametrailers.com/video/exclusive-debut-back-to-the/708065.
  • edited December 2010
    Ah, though so, but i wasn't sure ^_^ Thanks
  • edited December 2010
    I don't know if anbody mentioned on this. I think subtitles can makes the speeches of characters easier to understand.
  • edited December 2010
    Pretty sure there'll be a subtitle option. Most games these days have gotten better about including them.
  • edited December 2010
    I don't know if anbody mentioned on this. I think subtitles can makes the speeches of characters easier to understand.

Telltale always includes subtitles to their games. So don't worry about that, it shouldn't surprise you that I also do share the same problem of not being able to get a line spoken in English accent right in the first shot.
  • edited December 2010
    Telltale always includes a subtitle option. You won't need to worry.
  • edited December 2010
    Great Trailer.

But tell me.

Was the reason you guys put Talltale games was because of that high rated youtube comment where the guy mis-spelled the company's name?
  • edited December 2010
    Great Trailer.

But tell me.

Was the reason you guys put Talltale games was because of that high rated youtube comment where the guy mis-spelled the company's name?

Nope. It was totally a nod to the way timeline changing is presented in the film trilogy with fading in and out of realities in photos, newspapers, etc. It changed from Talltale Games to Telltale Games.
  • edited December 2010
    Nope. It was totally a nod to the way timeline changing is presented in the film trilogy with fading in and out of realities in photos, newspapers, etc. It changed from Talltale Games to Telltale Games.

Ah,I see.

I wonder what person would have to exist/not exist for that to happen...
  • edited December 2010
    Not all timeline changes are the result of deleting someone from existance. Changes in a timeline sometimes simply mean someone making a different decision.
  • edited December 2010
    I thought it was a great joke. I hope it remains in the episodes.
  • edited December 2010
    www.telltalegames.com/bttfoffer
    Just click the button on the bottom of the page, proceed through the checkout, and you will have the first ep of BTTF: TG for free! Yay!
    (I hope I didn't break any rules:o)
  • edited December 2010
    Besides that almost everyone knows from it, who are active here, you are not technically breaking any rules with that post.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.