FAQ for new posters & ask general questions here!

Comments

• edited November 2010
    There are no plans for a 360 version at the moment. :(

That sucks.
  • VainamoinenVainamoinen Moderator
    edited November 2010
    Yeah, it's a real pity when people register and come posting in the forums just this once, disappointed because they just can't play the game. If your PC or Mac can handle it, Croesis, don't miss the chance!

Welcome to the forums! And there still is hope out there for a 360 version somewhen in the future. The future's not written yet!
  • edited November 2010
    Yeah, it's a real pity when people register and come posting in the forums just this once, disappointed because they just can't play the game. If your PC or Mac can handle it, Croesis, don't miss the chance!

Welcome to the forums! And there still is hope out there for a 360 version somewhen in the future. The future's not written yet!

well, why isnt it coming to 360? Its a major platform and just deserves it just a much as the ps3. I have a PS3 and a pc and I don't plan on buying it on any other system than xbox 360. Same goes for your Jurassic Park game.
  • edited November 2010
    kennyjive wrote: »
    well, why isnt it coming to 360? Its a major platform and just deserves it just a much as the ps3. I have a PS3 and a pc and I don't plan on buying it on any other system than xbox 360. Same goes for your Jurassic Park game.

Why not, just of interest? If you own a PS3, why can't you just get that version?
  • edited November 2010
    Pinchpenny wrote: »
    Why not, just of interest? If you own a PS3, why can't you just get that version?

Its my g/fs PS3 (she didn't listen to me and get an Xbox :p) and the only thing we really use it for is Netflix. I prefer Xbox overall.
    edited November 2010
    You may go to petitiononline.com and start one... it wouldn't really be of much use. If TTG has the chance to get a 360 version out, they'll do it. Their engine works on multiple platforms, so don't rule out the possibility immediately.

If you'd like enter your plea right here, please use the platform discussion thread. We've got too many of these threads already. ;)
  • edited November 2010
    kennyjive wrote: »
    Its my g/fs PS3 (she didn't listen to me and get an Xbox :p) and the only thing we really use it for is Netflix. I prefer Xbox overall.
    Me too, I love the Xbox360 and I want to play BTTF on Large Tv rather than my PC...maybe someone could make a Petition?
  • edited November 2010
    You may go to petitiononline.com and start one... it wouldn't really be of much use. If TTG has the chance to get a 360 version out, they'll do it. Their engine works on multiple platforms, so don't rule out the possibility immediately.

If you'd like enter your plea right here, please use the platform discussion thread. We've got too many of these threads already. ;)
    Thank you, no I won't mention it again. I respect the forums, I wouldn't traffic I have a feeling it'll be out on XBLA, Thank you very much I appreciate it.
  • edited November 2010
    I have heard that this is not coming out for the 360.... is this true? :(
    edited November 2010
    Yes, there's unfortunately no 360 version planned at the time. Don't give up hope, though!
  • edited November 2010
    ... I don't get why they would not want to make extra £$ for this game... not to mention more funds for teh MJ Fox foundation :(
    but like you say... don't give up hope :)
    edited November 2010
    ...oh, and welcome to the forums.
    No chance that your PC might run it?

/edit: I'll transfer our conversation into the FAQ thread shortly... ;)
  • edited November 2010
    haha thanks, seems like a great place, you know what..... that didn't even occur to me :S whooops! thanks for that, my PC will definatly run it :)

\Edit: Sounds like a plan haha, and will help in the long run :P
    edited November 2010
    Great! You're actually one of the very few asking specifically for a 360 version but still are able to run the PC version. You won't regret it, I presume. ;)
  • edited November 2010
    Great! You're actually one of the very few asking specifically for a 360 version but still are able to run the PC version. You won't regret it, I presume. ;)
    what exactly would I need to run it on PC? how would I check on my pc? and what is the speed I need?
    edited November 2010
    There are no official announcements yet, but it is assumed that they might be equal to or only slightly higher than those for the previous "Sam & Max"-season.
  • edited November 2010
    OK, first of all I am so thrilled to see that there will be a new Back to the Future game. However, I am a little confused as to how this will be released. I see that there will be MAC and Windows versions along with eventual PSN and IPAD. Will there be a 360 version? Also if you purchase it for Windows, is it a downloadable game and can someone please explain the 5 parts?

Thank you
    edited November 2010
    Hello frankie,

I'll transfer you into the FAQ thread in a moment. :D

There is no 360 version announced at the moment, unfortunately.

Concerning the five-part thing: Consider an episode as a downloadable adventure game that will last 2-4 hours gaming time. It will end on a cliffhanger (most likely), and the next episode will be one month later.
  • edited November 2010
    Why no xbox 360 release?
  • edited November 2010
    I just posted the code for this week's Insider Forum members. This week's offer is 50% off of The Devil's Playhouse 5 poster set!
  • edited November 2010
    I just posted the code for this week's Insider Forum members. This week's offer is 50% off of The Devil's Playhouse 5 poster set!
    O_O

NICE! Wish I could have that added to my yet-to-ship order with the DVD in it.
  • edited November 2010
    Hello frankie,

I'll transfer you into the FAQ thread in a moment. :D

There is no 360 version announced at the moment, unfortunately.

So if I do not have a PS3, the best way to get this game would be on Windows?

Concerning the five-part thing: Consider an episode as a downloadable adventure game that will last 2-4 hours gaming time. It will end on a cliffhanger (most likely), and the next episode will be one month later.

So when you purchase or pre-order the game it's a downloadable game?
  • edited November 2010
    frankied80 wrote: »
    So when you purchase or pre-order the game it's a downloadable game?
    Precisely!

And a bit after all episodes are released, you can order a DVD-version of it at the Telltale store for free (well, plus shipping). But only if you've pre-ordered it at Telltale's site (so this only applies to the PC and possibly Mac versions).
  • edited November 2010
    Precisely!

And a bit after all episodes are released, you can order a DVD-version of it at the Telltale store for free (well, plus shipping). But only if you've pre-ordered it at Telltale's site (so this only applies to the PC and possibly Mac versions).

So what can the DVD version be used for? I think this will crash my PC cause it's so old. So I have no idea how I'm going to get this game!
  • edited November 2010
    So what can the DVD version be used for? I think this will crash my PC cause it's so old. So I have no idea how I'm going to get this game!
    The DVD version of the game is exactly the same as the download version of the game! Generally speaking, their past releases have either had disc-based DRM or, in the case of Tales of Monkey Island, it was DRM-free(the Sam and Max Season Three disc will be shipping soon, and if it's DRM-free then it'll be a bit easier to assume that the Back to the Future disc will be DRM-free as well!)

The disc release is sent out after all the episodes of the game are made and released, and after the disc and any extras for the disc have been made. Some people wait for the disc, but most download the game as each episode comes out every month, and then use the disc as their "archival copy" and for the extras that come with it.

If you don't know whether or not your computer will run it, try playing this demo. While system requirements haven't been announced yet, I doubt Back to the Future should be terribly different from Devil's Playhouse in terms of what machines CAN play the game.
  • edited November 2010
    I dont think it is 2 fair with all of this talk about pre order the bttf game and get all these discounts and access to bttf and free games, when some people dont or cant play the game on there computer. I hope you offer the same deals when you release it on the ps3, since that is the only platform I am able to play on.
  • edited November 2010
    how would they be able to know if you actually got it through the ps3?
  • edited November 2010
    bttf1985cc wrote: »
    I dont think it is 2 fair with all of this talk about pre order the bttf game and get all these discounts and access to bttf and free games, when some people dont or cant play the game on there computer. I hope you offer the same deals when you release it on the ps3, since that is the only platform I am able to play on.
    Frankly, they won't. The PS3 might have its own deal of sorts, but it won't have the kind of direct support that you get on the PC when a PC developer releases their game directly to customers rather than the inferior system used by console digital downloads in which a lot is controlled by the console manufacturer(Microsoft/Sony/Nintendo) and the game developer generally can't do much outside of that approval.
  • edited November 2010
    I'm captain retarded here cause honestly I still don't get it. Won't the graphics on PC or Mac pale in comparison to the new generation systems? I just think the same way that Ghostbusters was highly successful for the Xbox and PS3, BTTF can be the same...in fact bigger. This is my favorite movie of all time and I'm not sure how I will get my hands on it.
    edited November 2010
    Won't the graphics on PC or Mac pale in comparison to the new generation systems?

That's a rather interesting question which I'd like to approach in bullet point form with arguments to think about:
    • Can four or even five year old consoles really still be considered cutting-edge or "new generation"?
    • Concerning graphics, shouldn't we worry about the iPad version more than PC and Mac?
    • Do we actually consider previous Telltale Games to have "good" graphics?
    • Given appropriate processing power (and that's not even much), didn't previous TT game look just as well on PC as on the console versions?

frankied80, in my opinion, whether you'd want this for PC/Mac or PS3 depends on many many (personal) factors, and even though some factors might make one version superior to another, graphics really isn't one of these factors.
  • edited November 2010
    Won't the graphics on PC or Mac pale in comparison to the new generation systems?

PC games usually have scalable graphics settings, and so, depending on your hardware, they can look better or worse than their console versions.

That said, Telltale doesn't really make games with crazy state-of-the-art hyper-realistic graphics, so the PC and Mac version on highest settings should look about the same as the PS3 version.
  • edited November 2010
    Harald I just added you. It looks like people that pre-order the game and did not have a forum account before that don't automatically get added - it must be done manually on our end.
  • edited November 2010
    So since I only have XBOX 360, then everyone feels that I should go with the PC version and I will not be disappointed?
  • edited November 2010
    My computer is a older version and the graffics card is crap so for me playing games on pc wont work haha. I dont understand what giant dope is talking about on how they would know if you got it threw the ps3 store? anyone have any idea? i think just the same way as stores sell cds haha. Im not going to run out and get a new computer just to be apart of the savings. Alan this is just a suggestion... but I think you should allow all people (BTTF FANS) to be apart of this special bttf page,site or whatever it is without having to pre order for the pc version
  • edited November 2010
    If you buy the PC/Mac version from Telltale, then your purchase is linked to your Telltale user account, and so it's easy for them to make the insider forum only visible to those who have bought the game. There's currently no way for them to link PSN accounts with Telltale accounts, and so they can't tell who has bought the Playstation version.
  • edited November 2010
    bttf1985cc wrote: »
    giant dope

cute

The fact of the matter is that there are incentives for pre-orders for games. Otherwise, there isn't much reason to pre order the games. Pre-Order forums have become a pre-order tradition at telltale. I'm sorry your computer won't be able to play the games, but that's just how the cookie crumbles. I'm not even sure my computer will be able to play it myself.
    edited November 2010
    So since I only have XBOX 360, then everyone feels that I should go with the PC version and I will not be disappointed?

You will find a LOT of customers in these forums which were very satisfied with the PC purchase of previous Telltale Games. So, it's a yes!

Just try the last Sam & Max demo and see how it performs on your computer. You will probably also get a feeling for the controls by doing this and you will see how downloading an episode works.

Just imagine BTTF to be a game with slightly better graphics, a significantly less weird storyline and seriously less anthropomorphised characters. ;)
  • edited November 2010
    So you purchase the game, get a link and then play the game? I see the pre-order is 24 bucks. Is that for all the episodes?
    edited November 2010
    Okay, the quick version:
    • You order all five episodes at once for a total of 24.95$
    • You wait for the release date of the first episode (probably mid-December)
    • You get an e-mail from Telltale that the first episode is online
    • You download the episode
    • You install the episode and activate it online (takes only a moment)
    • You play the episode (offline)
    • You eagerly wait a month for the next episode while spamming this forum and begging for an official next episode release date. ;)
    • Five months later, it's over. ;)

Okay so far?
  • edited November 2010
    Hey everyone, don't forget: the voice of Marty McFly A.J. Locascio will be on the Insider Forums today at 4pm (Pacific Time)! If you haven't pre-ordered the game yet, you can still get in on this by heading to the Telltale Games Store and doing so! Can't wait to see you there!
Sign in to comment in this discussion.