FAQ for new posters & ask general questions here!

Comments

• edited November 2010
    I heard you guys wanted to see some screenshots! Am I right?

IGN has some! http://pc.ign.com/articles/113/1136346p1.html
  • edited November 2010
    SCREENSHOTS!!!! THANK YOU!!!!

LOOKS AMAZING!!!! *head explodes*
  • edited November 2010
    Now that I've calmed down I'd like to say:

Can I just say that TellTale chose the BEST style for this game possible?
    Screw photo-realistic. This cartoony style looks amazing and befits BttF perfectly!
  • edited November 2010
    Origami wrote: »
    Screw photo-realistic. This cartoony style looks amazing and befits BttF perfectly!
    That's what many of us said from the very begining
  • edited November 2010
    ^
    I was one of them(pro-cartoon style that is). But it's just for the remaing people that are buttheads. :D
  • edited November 2010
    will Back to the Future be also available for purchase through Steam?
  • edited November 2010
    Now that I've calmed down I'd like to say:

From the beginning, I wanted a mix of realistic and cartoon, so they got it perfectly imo too.
  • edited November 2010
    I just got the Blu ray movies and the offer. it says I have episode 1 out of 5 but no link to download it. where is the link?
  • edited November 2010
    It won't be out until December.
  • VainamoinenVainamoinen Moderator
    edited November 2010
    MaxRabbity wrote: »
    will Back to the Future be also available for purchase through Steam?

Very probably. But it will likely be a little later than the release when you order here.
    mjybird wrote: »
    I just got the Blu ray movies and the offer. it says I have episode 1 out of 5 but no link to download it. where is the link?

The game's not yet out, so no link for anyone! Try again in four weeks (there is no fixed release date yet that we know of). ;)
  • edited November 2010
    Can we expect a close PS3 release ?

Cauz I'm really... Well, I don't want to preorder the game on PC since I'd rather play on PS3 (I'm sure they made the gameplay joypad friendly).

But if the ps3 version is delayed I'll just buy it on Pc.

PLaying the game on a big screen will be another experience in my opinion ^^ .

But I think it can still be pretty nice on computer.
  • edited November 2010
    I got the BTTF Blu-ray and naturally put in the code to get the first episode free. Obviously, it's not ready yet, but would I be right in assuming that it'll come out before the full game?

Also, the free episode is for PC only, but the game is supposedly going to be available on the Wii whatever thing it is as well as the PS3's Playstation Network. If I preorder the full 5 episodes, how exactly would I make sure it's for my PS3 and not my PC? Thanks in advance!
  • edited November 2010
    I got the BTTF Blu-ray and naturally put in the code to get the first episode free. Obviously, it's not ready yet, but would I be right in assuming that it'll come out before the full game?

The game consists of 5 individual 'episodes', the first of which you can download for free for PC/Mac sometime in December (they exact date's not known yet). The subsequent episodes will be released at approximately monthly intervals. Each episode tends to end on a cliffhanger, and the next episode will start from that point, just like in many TV shows.
    Also, the free episode is for PC only, but the game is supposedly going to be available on the Wii whatever thing it is as well as the PS3's Playstation Network. If I preorder the full 5 episodes, how exactly would I make sure it's for my PS3 and not my PC? Thanks in advance!

It's has not been announced for Wii, and if it does ever come out for Wii (or Xbox) it will likely be as a bundled disc once all the episodes are released to PC / PSN.

If you preorder, you are only preodering the PC/Mac version. You will need to buy the games direct from the PSN online store if you are wanting to play them on your PS3. I don't think they're ready for order on that platform as yet, but you will probably find when the first episode is released, you will be able to purchase the whole season at that time, and will then just have to wait the month or so to download each subsequent episode.

More info in the first post of this FAQ thread.
  • edited November 2010
    Oops,I meant I used the code from the BluRay to order episode one :/

But,Ive been trying to order Episode 1-5 but when I click proceed to check out,it just goes back to the same page..doesnt show anything new...whats going on here?
    edited November 2010
    Oh boy... the TTG team is probably headed to their families to enjoy the holidays right now; but your problem seems to be rather common, as you can see from this thread in the shopping support forum. There might be a connection of this problem to the holiday special deals.

Expect this to be fixed next week; this is like a huge hole in TTG's wallet, so they'll probably fix this ASAP. :D

/edit: They fixed it faster. Told ya. ;)
  • edited November 2010
    Okay I just pre ordered it now :D Cant wait till December LOL
  • edited November 2010
    Okay, I've been kinda wondering this for a while and I haven't seen it mentioned anywhere, but...

Does anyone know if Clara's gonna show up at some point or another or if she's been acknowledged by the devs?

Considering she, yanno, got married to and had kids with Doc and all, I'd think she'd at least show up at least once during the game series. Especially since this is apparently set after Part 3.
    edited November 2010
    Are you changing your avatar four times a DAY?? :D :D

No one knows if she'll show up. Doc wears a wedding ring in the first published screenshot, so we assume that he'll mention her once or twice. However, IIRC we've already heard that she won't really be part of the story, which again centers around Marty, Doc and the DeLorean.
  • edited November 2010
    Some women's vices are shoes... mine happen to be avatars. Buwahaha. ;]

Ah, sounds reasonable. Even if it's just a passing mention/handwave, I'd be okay with that at this point.
    edited November 2010
    Some women's vices are shoes... mine happen to be avatars. Buwahaha. ;]

Ah, sounds reasonable. Even if it's just a passing mention/handwave, I'd be okay with that at this point.

Happy birthday, by the way. :D
  • edited November 2010
    Are we able to preorder bttf for the iPad? With the Puzzle Agent promotion? Or be able to get the episodes at the subscription pricing?
    Thanks!
  • edited November 2010
    I don't think so.

However, given how when it came to The Devil's Playhouse they brought The Penal Zone to the iPad and none of the other episodes (and The Penal Zone wasn't a very good port, either), I seriously advise not getting the iPad version unless Telltale can guarantee every episode will be released and competently ported.

Do you not have a quality computer or PS3?
  • edited November 2010
    Have a PS3. But since they are specifically advertising the game for the iPad it would be nice to play it wherever i want. I played the MI games on PS3 but don't know how well these were porter either.
  • edited November 2010
    But since they are specifically advertising the game for the iPad

No they're not. Like really. For Reals.

It's for PC, and they made the game more casual and with a few action elements, so my bet is that the best way to play it is on PS3, and the Pc is close right after that.
  • edited November 2010
    The port on iPad for MI games look fine. I'm sure bttf on ipad won't be as bad as trying to play a game on the Wii. It would just be cool if Telltale gave the promo offer and preorder bonus to iPad also.
  • edited November 2010
    The port on iPad for MI games look fine. I'm sure bttf on ipad won't be as bad as trying to play a game on the Wii. It would just be cool if Telltale gave the promo offer and preorder bonus to iPad also.

It will look like shit. There's no way around that. BTTF looks much much better than TOMI, given what we've seen so far. And the last Sam and Max was horrible.

Also, why just offer it to the Ipad ? Let's just offer it to every release too then ...

And it won't be on Wii, not powerful enough. (It wasn't even powerful enough for TOMI)
  • edited November 2010
    Has Telltale considered the PSP, so far as handheld platforms go? I'm not a huge PSP player by any means (I only borrowed my bro's for Dissidia Final Fantasy and eventually The 3rd Birthday) but it's a fairly potent system that has a somewhat of leg up on other handhelds for the most part.

Just a thought.
  • edited November 2010
    It's even less powerful than a Wii.

You realize that each time they're trying to create a game on a console not powerful enough, they get a pretty BAD advertising out of it.

Also, Meta Ray Mek, you should REALLY check Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep on PSP out, it's a great game ! And given that you like the FF games, you should like it ! And really impressive for the PSP.
  • edited November 2010
    Guyz!!! Only 4 days till the trailer of BttF: The game gets released. ^^
  • edited November 2010
    Guyz!!! Only 4 days till the trailer of BttF: The game gets released. ^^
    YES! rejoyce Everyone!
    edited November 2010
    Rejoyce... I really got to look that up. ;)
  • edited November 2010
    I'm sorry if this was previously asked, but I was wondering if anyone knows anything about the game controls. I will be downloading the game for my Mac, but I didn't know how the controls will work. Will you have to use keyboard controls, or will you be able to use a controller?
  • edited November 2010
    Indeed. 'Jejoyce' definitely needs to be looked up. :P
  • edited November 2010
    Welcome to the Telltale forums! We hope you like it here and want to stay. :)

Anyway, to answer your question, we don't know for sure just how this game will play yet, but presumably it'll be similar to "Sam and Max: The Devil's Playhouse" (since it's Telltale's most recent episodic adventure, and was also developed with the PS3 in mind). If you want to give that a try, you can download a free Mac demo of the first episode here.

In The Devil's Playhouse, you moved with either the WASD keys, or holding the left-click and moving the cursor to where you wanted to go. BttF will most likely be controlled the same way, so you probably won't need a controller.
    edited November 2010

That's what happens if you edit every post three times. ;)
  • edited November 2010
    Thanks for the response, and for the warm welcome!
  • edited November 2010

Isn't that James Joyce's thug name?
  • edited November 2010
    doggans wrote: »
    Isn't that James Joyce's thug name?
    Lol, actually..I meant Rejoice,(to be glad)..Srry. ;)
  • edited November 2010
    I'm not sure if this is COMPLETELY true or not but...

http://wireless.ign.com/objects/078/078174.html

It says iPhone. IPHONE. How would it be playable?
  • edited November 2010
    This game is not scheduled for release on iPhone.

^^^From that page.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.