FAQ for new posters & ask general questions here!

Comments

• edited November 2010
    Harald I just added you. It looks like people that pre-order the game and did not have a forum account before that don't automatically get added - it must be done manually on our end.
    Was that directed at me? Thank you, but please notice that I've in fact had a forum account for years.
  • edited November 2010
    No that was not directed at you.
  • edited November 2010
    Oh, ok. Sorry.
  • edited November 2010
    It's contest time in the Insider Forums!
  • edited November 2010
    It's contest time in the Insider Forums!

well thats good! rub it in alan haha (jking) For all of us that cant pre order bttf and get acess into the forum to be apart of this. We are all fans here, I have been following the game since the begining bro and am a die hard fan, but my computer has a crappy grafics card and cant play computer games haha.
  • edited November 2010
    Thought I would post in this, considerably, dead forum. Since I own a Xbox 360 the PC will be my best bet. Most likely it will run it though. I read through the forum, there's actually a ton of good info if you listen to the posts.:P
  • VainamoinenVainamoinen Moderator
    edited November 2010
    Welcome FIDOFIDDER! The forum's actually rather lively, it's just that much of the action takes place in the "insider forum" nowadays. ;)

But stay a while, and listen! Why not try a Sam&Max demo to see how BTTF might perform on your computer? Support the art thread with a few drawings? Start a thread with something no one thought of in the last five months?
  • edited November 2010
    If I preorder off the TellTale website(the puzzle agent game is mighty tempting) can it be linked to my steam account?
  • edited November 2010
    Y2Zero, as far as I know.... no. It can't. Is it important to be linked to Steam?
  • edited November 2010
    Y2Zero, as far as I know.... no. It can't. Is it important to be linked to Steam?

No it isn't important to be linked to steam, it's nice though.
  • edited November 2010
    hi all, I can't wait for this game to come out, but before I pre order it, I have two questions,

1. Is the game a download because of the 5 episodes?

and 2. If so, what size will they be (mb)?

I have never bought anything from the telltale site before, so just want to make sure,

thanks for any help,
    Adam
  • edited November 2010
    Sam & Max games were about 500mb each.. Monkey Island games were about 250mb each.
  • edited November 2010
    oh right cool, so not to big then, thats good thanks
    edited November 2010
    Question is answered. Welcome to the forums, adman500!

Transferring this to the FAQ thread in 3... 2... 1...
  • edited November 2010
    I just posted this week's Insider Forum special offer. It's 25 dollars off of shipping from the Telltale Games Store.
  • jmmjmm
    edited November 2010
    Now that's interesting!
    Too bad my games budget for 2010 is already depleted.
  • edited November 2010
    thanks for all the info!
  • edited November 2010
    I'll be posting some early access Back to the Future assets on the Insider Forum tomorrow - pre-order now to get in on it!
  • edited November 2010
    Anyone know when the first episode will be released?

:-)

Jay
  • edited November 2010
    December.
  • edited November 2010
    Hi Jay, welcome to the forums! We've got a FAQ thread riiight here. :)
  • edited November 2010
    come on telltale whats keeping you ? ive been waiting for screenshots for a long time
  • edited November 2010
    Wait.

Wait.

Wait a second.

They just told me you have to wait.

Their whole team is making everything they can to get YOU something to see.
  • edited November 2010
    cheers mate
  • edited November 2010
    Just posted some Marty sound clips in the insider forum.
  • edited November 2010
    Just posted some Marty sound clips in the insider forum.

why cant you post them on here also :confused: makes no sense to me to have a insider forum, not everone can play computer games to buy the game to get access into that forum.
  • edited November 2010
    It also makes sense to give people who have already given Telltale money something in return (and more money per order than Telltale will reap from PS3 or Steam sales). But yeah, a couple more bones to the non-pre order people would be good.

At any rate there's gonna be a bunch of info in the public domain very soon by the sounds of things.
  • edited November 2010
    hello telltale will there be a date when we can download the game ?
  • edited November 2010
    I think we were promised a trailer for 2nd December. So I'm gonna guess it might say in that. Perhaps
  • edited November 2010
    I just posted this week's Insider Forum contest to win a Diamond Select Toys DeLorean! Check out the thread! You have an entire weekend to enter this time!

Good luck!
  • edited November 2010
    I bet you guys anything, since they are only releasing info and clips on the insider forum that they will only release the demo on the insider forum haha. Congrats TT
  • edited November 2010
    What demo?
  • edited November 2010
    bttf1985cc wrote: »
    I bet you guys anything, since they are only releasing info and clips on the insider forum that they will only release the demo on the insider forum haha. Congrats TT

Ya, that's not gonna happen.
    edited November 2010

I'm really sure there's tons of info starting next week, for everyone who's interested. November ends soon, and "promotional material" is not something normally geared towards people who have already bought the product. ;)
  • edited November 2010
    well im just saying since the insider forum has started, no new video, sound clip, ect.. has been posted. It is all directed into the insider forum. before they posted the 3 part behind the scene with doc and the guy doing matys voice and any over info on here. so from the looks of it seems like thats what would happen.
    edited November 2010
    so from the looks of it seems like thats what would happen.

Yes, but only from the looks of someone outside the insider forum. :D

The merits of the insider forum were, up to now, exclusive deals and exclusive contests (And no doubt, these were great merits, although I'm not sure if I'll ever get my prize DeLorean out of that &%!$§-customs office, where it's been stranded since Friday).

We've had the facebook game a little early; there was a Q&A with the team also, which was very interesting, but wasn't that big on new or "exclusive" information except snippets. The exclusive Q&A with AJ LoCascio was also pretty nice, but even more solidified that you aren't exactly infused with exclusive information in there.

As for the sound snippets, I thoroughly enjoyed them, but I could easily downplay their value, because they're about 20 seconds total.
    well im just saying since the insider forum has started, no new video, sound clip, ect.. has been posted. It is all directed into the insider forum.

There are, as of yet, no exclusive videos in the insider forum, and I doubt that this will ever happen (except, maybe, one day early). So don't be too mad at these proceedings - it really won't matter much in three to five weeks' time. :D
  • edited November 2010
    yeah i guess so haha. it was just nice to see the over all progress and when they were releasing the vids of doc and a lil info on the game was nice, but seems like no new updates concerning the game. not including a facebook game or aj interview about his thoughts on the game, that doesnt mean much to me when, I am trying to follow the actual bttf game.
  • edited November 2010
    Im new to the whole 'Episodes' thing....So each episode is like a movie in a way?Since I pre-ordered Episode one,Id just like to know :)
  • edited November 2010
    The Doc wrote: »
    Im new to the whole 'Episodes' thing....So each episode is like a movie in a way?Since I pre-ordered Episode one,Id just like to know :)

Sort of. Imagine a full game divided in five parts, more like a TV-series, for example, where each episode reveals a part of the overall story. It's a great way in my opinion to keep you hooked with some great cliffhangers. And the speculation between episodes makes the experience unique.
    edited November 2010
    The Doc wrote: »

...and welcome to the forums, of course!

Trenchfoot's comparison is quite accurate. It's like a TV mini-series. You will play through the episodes individually, and every episode will have an individual theme and unique story elements, but there's also an overarching story that will span all five episodes with a beginning, middle and end. Expect one episode to last about two to four hours of gaming time (that always shocks episodic gaming first-timers ;) ).

/edit: The Doc, if you actually "pre-ordered" (i.e. paid 24.95$), you didn't just order episode one, but all five episodes already. So you're in the boat for the full ride like all of us. ;)
Sign in to comment in this discussion.