FAQ for new posters & ask general questions here!

Comments

• edited October 2010
    Nice post. Good information.
  • VainamoinenVainamoinen Moderator
    edited October 2010
    About deleting old information: The last question and answer is a little out of date, I think. Although we still do not have official confirmation about what character we'll play, what we know about the philosophy, storyline and casting decision of the game points very very much towards playing Marty.

Dennis has just confirmed that you play as Marty in the third Behind the Scenes video.
  • edited October 2010
    @Vainamoinen - We didn't announce a release date for Poker Night at the Inventory when we opened up pre-orders for that. That said, the pre-order deal is $24.95 for the game from our store on PC/Mac. You also get a copy of Puzzle Agent and a dollar from every pre-order goes straight to Team Fox, Michael J. Fox's foundation for Parkinson's disease research.

what if we already own PA? Can we gift it?
  • edited October 2010
    Yes you can.
    :)
  • edited October 2010
    On the bottom of the official page it has the Playstation Network logo, is this confirmation that the game will be released on PS3?
  • edited October 2010
    Yep, Telltale said on their facebook it'll be on PS3!
    :D
  • edited October 2010
    Yep, Telltale said on their facebook it'll be on PS3!
    :D

Cool. I found a site that had a press release about the platforms announced, so I'm confident that can be added to the FAQ's.

Looks like we've got most of the questions pretty close to answered at this point.
  • edited October 2010
    Do you think the PS3 release dates will be the same with PC like with Sam & Max? Or different times? If it is the same times we can expect it to be a Tuesday again, unless they change the update day...
  • edited October 2010
    Nintomster wrote: »
    Do you think the PS3 release dates will be the same with PC like with Sam & Max? Or different times? If it is the same times we can expect it to be a Tuesday again, unless they change the update day...

According to the Press Release at Business Wire, they'll be released at different times. The PC and Mac versions will be released first "sometime in December". Then the PS3 and iPad versions "shortly after".
  • edited October 2010
    Just giving this a small bump.
    edited October 2010
    ...and bumping it again with the suggestion that a very basic "Telltale for beginners" section might be added.

The questions:

What's episodic gaming?
    How do I download and activate the episodes?
    Will I have to use Steam?

seem to have some popularity here. ;)

A yet-to-be answered question on system requirements for PC/Mac could also be helpful.
  • edited October 2010
    Dear Vainamoinen

1. There are 5 episodes - like a mini TV season. Each tells its own story and often ends in a cliffhanger. There will probably be an overarching narrative that unfolds over the entire 'season'.
    2. You login with your username & password. There is a download page for all your games. You download them as they become available (usually once a month or so) and enter the serial code which is under the game title on your login.
    3. Probably not. I'd say no - previous games just involve logging into the Telltale Games site.

Please take whatever steps you can to cause this terrific gameplay. ;)

Your friend in time,
    Tony McFly
    edited October 2010
    I was not asking these questions, I was hoping they might be added to the FAQ.

You got that, didn't you. I mean, from my post count and register date and countless advice I gave. You're joking.

...riiiiight???
  • edited October 2010
    Thank goodness only the movies are canon! Can you imagine if the puddle-jumping, killer bee-dodging, milkshake-slinging joke of a game that BTTF1 is for NES were part of the canon?? It would make no sense, and Marty would still be swearing at the outset of this game on account of how embarrassing and frustrating that game is to play.
    edited November 2010
    harkinat0r wrote: »
    Thank goodness only the movies are canon! Can you imagine if the puddle-jumping, killer bee-dodging, milkshake-slinging joke of a game that BTTF1 is for NES were part of the canon?? It would make no sense, and Marty would still be swearing at the outset of this game on account of how embarrassing and frustrating that game is to play.

Nice idea. ;)

I think that Gale specifically had the animated series in mind for the "what if" category, which just didn't feel like the movies.
  • edited November 2010
    Stickied? Noooooooooooooo...

:p
  • edited November 2010
    jp-30 wrote: »
    Stickied? Noooooooooooooo...

:p

MUHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

It'll at least save me and Vain from having to bump the thread a ton.
    edited November 2010
    I wanted to be a mod JUST FOR THIS. ;)

BTW, Spykes, I wonder whether we could also make this some kind of a general questions thread. I think we could seriously reduce the number of one-time-posters if we change the thread title to something like "FAQ for new posters & ask general questions here!". Would you be up for that?
  • edited November 2010
    That's fine if you want to tweak the title a little.
  • edited November 2010
    This is a repost of my thread in the Insider Forums:

So I'm trying something a bit different tomorrow in that we're going to have a 'live' session with a member of the Back to the Future team.

At 5:00 pm Pacific Time tomorrow, November 3, someone from the team will be on the Insider Forum thread actively fielding your questions about the game for a while.

So come back tomorrow at 5 to get involved.

So yeah, that's an insider exclusive thing. If you haven't already, pre-order Back to the Future: The Game and get in on the action.
  • edited November 2010
    BTW, Spykes, I wonder whether we could also make this some kind of a general questions thread. I think we could seriously reduce the number of one-time-posters if we change the thread title to something like "FAQ for new posters & ask general questions here!". Would you be up for that?

A FAQ thread where people frequently ask questions?

Sounds preposterous.
    edited November 2010
    And it has yet to work out. :D
  • edited November 2010
    If i already own puzzle agent, will i be able to get an episode of another game instead?? sorry if this was already asked. i looked around and didnt see an answer.
    edited November 2010
    Sorry for the merge. ;)

Unfortunately not - there's no other bonus episode for someone who already owns Puzzle Agent. However, it should be possible to gift "Puzzle Agent" to someone else, maybe a friend of yours?
  • edited November 2010
    Sorry for the merge. ;)

Unfortunately not - there's no other bonus episode for someone who already owns Puzzle Agent. However, it should be possible to gift "Puzzle Agent" to someone else, maybe a friend of yours?

no sweat. unfortunately everyone i know who likes the genre already has it lol. either way BttF should be amazing :)
  • edited November 2010
    Will the PS3 back to the future game be a download from the playstation nework, or will it be a game disc you can buy at any game store?
    edited November 2010
    Download only, I'm afraid!
  • edited November 2010
    Here's a repost of my thread in the Insider Forums!

Sometime today, before 5pm Pacific Time, I'll announce how to win a Diamond Select Toys Mark I DeLorean model in the contest thread on the Insider Forums. The DeLorean has lights, sounds, and it looks pretty rad.

This is only for Insider Forum members so it's yet another benefit of pre-ordering Back to the Future from the Telltale Games Store. There will be two winners today.

Here's a quick video I threw together showing off the prize.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fX467UpJb0M

Anyway, stay tuned to the contest thread for the announcement. I'll give you a hint so you can prepare: you'll need a camera or a scanner.
  • edited November 2010
    A click and move with mouse kind of game like Sam and Max?? Or can you move around freely (awesooome)
    edited November 2010
    Welcome to the forums, derex, and sorry for redirecting you!

The FAQ answers your question thoroughly. The game will be an adventure game like Sam & Max with no kind of free roam gameplay.
  • edited November 2010
    Sigh:( i was really excited but click and move omg:( , oh well maybe someone will make a new BTTF game in 10 years or so.
    edited November 2010
    Which kind of Sam&Max seasons have you played, and on which system? There are two modes of control, one in Seasons 1 and 2, and a more "direct" in Season 3...
  • edited November 2010
    You might want to head over to the Insider Forums if you want to win one of those DeLorean models.
  • edited November 2010
    Who said it's a 'click and move'?
  • edited November 2010
    if they have Sam and max and Wallace and gromit for the 360, will they make a 360 version?
    edited November 2010
    There are no plans for a 360 version at the moment. :(
  • edited November 2010
    I hope you can move around freely if you want to sometime in the game. Oh well, i hope you will publish a gameplay video later on so we can see how it is?:) . Anyhow im still going to buy it no matter what, it is still back to the future.

Edit: What the hell do you guys mean by episodes?:S
    And where is the insider forum?
  • edited November 2010
    derex wrote: »
    I hope you can move around freely if you want to sometime in the game. Oh well, i hope you will publish a gameplay video later on so we can see how it is?:) . Anyhow im still going to buy it no matter what, it is still back to the future.

Edit: What the hell do you guys mean by episodes?:S
    And where is the insider forum?

It should have a keyboard (or joystick if you are playing the PS3 version) and click and drag controls.

What we mean by episodes is that the game is split into 5 parts, and the first part comes out in December. Then, we wait until sometime in January, and get part 2 and so on. Is that what you meant? Or are you shocked at the fact it won't be released as just one game? I can't tell...
  • edited November 2010
    Nintomster wrote: »
    It should have a keyboard (or joystick if you are playing the PS3 version) and click and drag controls.

What we mean by episodes is that the game is split into 5 parts, and the first part comes out in December. Then, we wait until sometime in January, and get part 2 and so on. Is that what you meant? Or are you shocked at the fact it won't be released as just one game? I can't tell...
    Thats the info i was looking for, thanks.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.