FAQ for new posters & ask general questions here!

1121314151618»

Comments

• edited August 2011
    I don't think the retail version will be any different from the downloadable version (aside from every episode being bundled together, of course. And the possibility of a platinum trophy, but I don't think they've said anything about that yet). It's just being done because retail games get more attention than downloadable ones.
  • edited August 2011
    Wait a retail version of the PS3 version was announced?
    Goes to check the blog.
  • edited August 2011
    Gman5852 wrote: »
    Wait a retail version of the PS3 version was announced?
    Goes to check the blog.

Yes. For the Wii too.
  • edited August 2011
    This seem kinda backwards to me, seeing as how some retail games have been released on PSN like Little Big Planet and Borderlands.
  • edited August 2011
    I pre ordered the BTTF game as a retail disc from GameStop two days ago. I got it for the PS3 as a disc, because ever sence I heard about Telltale making a game based on the Back to the Future movies, I wanted them to put the game as a disc (at least for the PS3) and told them the same basic thing that "RAnthonyMahan" said on an earlier post: "Retail games get more attention than downloadable ones", and It's true. People would rather buy games in stores then buying them online, and its the portability of it that makes it better than a download as well.
  • edited August 2011
    Son Goku wrote: »
    This seem kinda backwards to me, seeing as how some retail games have been released on PSN like Little Big Planet and Borderlands.

This game isn't at all like the aforementioned games though. It has five completely separate chapters that were developed sequentially and made available as they were finished on a monthly basis. Given that development style, while it would be impossible to have a completely finished retail disc before development on all episodes was completed, they still wanted another source of revenue to continue to fund further development on the series. It also would have meant that impatient gamers would have had to wait even longer for the game than if they did it the way they did. I honestly would be surprised if there were many people who bought it on PSN that now won't get the retail to add to their physical collection. I'm kind of doing the exact same thing having bought it for PC/MAC and now ordering a disc.
  • where can i find info about this retail version? Nothing on the telltale site
  • edited August 2011
    jweir wrote: »
    This game isn't at all like the aforementioned games though. It has five completely separate chapters that were developed sequentially and made available as they were finished on a monthly basis. Given that development style, while it would be impossible to have a completely finished retail disc before development on all episodes was completed, they still wanted another source of revenue to continue to fund further development on the series. It also would have meant that impatient gamers would have had to wait even longer for the game than if they did it the way they did. I honestly would be surprised if there were many people who bought it on PSN that now won't get the retail to add to their physical collection. I'm kind of doing the exact same thing having bought it for PC/MAC and now ordering a disc.

Not to mention the Wii release will open the audience to the "casual" gamers that have only the Wii.
  • puzzleboxpuzzlebox Telltale Alumni
    edited August 2011
    where can i find info about this retail version? Nothing on the telltale site

There's the blog announcement and press release.
  • edited September 2011
    I'm curious as to whether the PS3 blu-ray disc version of BTTF will have the video extras and/or a collector's edition. I'd buy in a heartbeat over the PC disc if that's the case.
  • edited September 2011
    I just want them to take a little more care with the disk port...I was highly disappointed with the graphics on the PS3. Not with how they ran or whatnot, it did fine in that respect. But for a system that's essentially a computer that just plays video games, you'd think the graphics would be all the way up on par with the max graphics setting on the PC version, but that's not the case.
  • edited September 2011
    Sorry if this is a dumb question everyone, but will I be able to purchase this game in stores or do I have to go online to download it??? I remember hearing that it would be available on the Wii, PS3 and XBox 360, but then in an interview Bob Gale said that it was a computer game, not a console game. So How do we purchase this game?
  • edited September 2011
    Hey Malika, welcome to the forums!

Yes, the game will eventually be released in stores but as of now, it's only available on the iPad, online and on the PS3.
  • edited September 2011
    It's eventually getting a retail release for the PS3 and Wii, but for now it's downloadable only, for the PC, Mac, PS3, and iPad.
  • edited September 2011
    well i heard its coming out for PC but when i try to order it, i cant cause it has every other country apart from the uk
  • edited September 2011
    CaptainDan wrote: »
    well i heard its coming out for PC but when i try to order it, i cant cause it has every other country apart from the uk

You can, I believe you have to list yourself as England (even if you are in Scotland, Wales, etc.). It's a funny system thing.
  • edited September 2011
    You can, I believe you have to list yourself as England (even if you are in Scotland, Wales, etc.). It's a funny system thing.

Close, it's actually Great Britain you have to use. Something to do with the shipping company I believe.
  • edited September 2011
    Just wondering if there will be a 1-5 set to download?

I have an Apple desktop and an Ipad 2 and it's killing me I haven't played either yet!

I love Telltale Games for making this, and I want to support them, but I'm so bad at making decisions!!!
  • edited September 2011
    To my knowledge, I don't think there's going to be a set for iPad but I do know that the PC and the Mac versions will eventually have a retail copy though.

Hope that helps.
  • edited September 2011
    To my knowledge, I don't think there's going to be a set for iPad but I do know that the PC and the Mac versions will eventually have a retail copy though.

Hope that helps.

Thanks for the response...BUT

OHMYGOD!!! The ipad version is more than half off!!! I'm buying them all tonight!!!!! Gotta go get more on my itunes account!!

THANK YOU TELLTALE GAMES!!!!
  • edited September 2011
    What? I'm sorry, you were far too subtle in your response. Could you please charify?

Happy downloading! :)
  • edited September 2011
    Can anyone help me with this? I emailed telltale games but have not gotten a response. I ordered Back to the future deluxe edition with a flux capacitor shirt 3 weeks ago and have not yet gotten any tracking numbers or the item. Is it on backorder or something???? Can anyone provide any insight? Thank you.
  • edited September 2011
    I think they just haven't started shipping the Deluxe Edition yet. I'm with you though, playing the waiting game is BS LOL
  • edited September 2011
    was wondering if they had shipped them or not yet....
  • edited September 2011
    raist thanks for the response. At least I know im not the only one. I always loved back to the future and the deluxe edition looks awesome!!!
  • edited September 2011
    Hey guys,

Was wondering if the sale currently going on for BTTF and TOMI on the iPad in the App Store is good THROUGH September 30th or only through the 29th?

Thanks!
    Chris
  • edited September 2011
    Hey there,

I'm having a problem right when trying to start the game.

I got the game as a gift last christmas, installed it on my notebook, started it, all worked well. However, except for a very short revisit a couples of month later, I didn't have the time yet to play it (it's a crime, I know ;)

Problem: When I start the program now, I get the splash screen menu as usual, episode 1 is selected, but when clicking on the Play button nothing happens. What's wrong? Can anybody help please?
  • edited September 2011
    Right click the icon on the desktop and press 'run as administrator'.

See if that helps.
  • edited September 2011
    Okay, it's asking for my account data now. Gotta find the gift box somewhere my brother made for me or maybe I'll email him ;). Keeping you posted on the progress, thanks so far ;)
  • edited September 2011
    Don't worry about it. I'll do my best to make sure that darn episode gets started. ;)
  • edited September 2011
    With the news that the bttf game is getting a retail release i am wondering if there will be any added content to the disc as well as new trophies/platinum trophy.

I already have the digital download on pc and ps3 psn release but would love to get it on disc for ps3 as well as long as there is more than what has already been released as far as trophies and content go.
  • edited September 2011
    So that's why I have a second episode 1 on my games list ?
  • edited September 2011
    You can not play it since it is not a game.
  • edited September 2011
    Strayth wrote: »
    You can not play it since it is not a game.

It's clear how you feel about it, but keep your nose out of someone actually trying to be helpful please.
  • edited September 2011
    Yeah, I already suspected cynism after checking some of Strayth's posts ;)

Anyway, I retrieved the account data and starting the game as Administrator works fine now (though it looks like I always have to do it this way, except that he doesn't ask for the account data again; for when I start it normally, it asks for it, unfortunately to no effect ;)

So, thanks for the solution :) Looking forward to playing real soon now :)
  • edited October 2011
    So what's new in the retail release, and what is it ? It doesn't mean anything in french.
  • edited October 2011
    Now that all the chapters are out, did they fix the save game continuity between the episodes on the Steam version?
    (Picking a name in episode 1, and then having it change throughout the rest of them?)
Sign in to comment in this discussion.