FAQ for new posters & ask general questions here!

Comments

• edited January 2011
    SARDOX wrote: »
    Good news and nice interview!
    I hope this game will be so interesting!

I think so that this is game is very interesting.
  • edited February 2011
    I need help... its feb 1st and i purchased the all the episodes, and the next episode isnt showing.. what do i do??
  • VainamoinenVainamoinen Moderator
    edited February 2011
    Wait another seven to twenty-seven days. We haven't even got a release date for episode two yet, and it has never, ever been said that they'll release the episodes at the first of each month. In fact, even hoping it might be the beginning of February might be a bit foolish. ;)
  • edited February 2011
    It'll be out on February 30th, if not before ;p
  • edited February 2011
    why is everythinng so confusing?
  • edited February 2011
    well, i purchased the game on the beginning of January so.. i guess i expected it to be on feb. 1st i guess... it just seems weird to me for it to be at the end of the month...:confused:
  • edited February 2011
    well, i purchased the game on the beginning of January so.. i guess i expected it to be on feb. 1st i guess... it just seems weird to me for it to be at the end of the month...:confused:

If you've actually bought the full season, then you can play Episode 1 right now. It's just Episode 2 that will come out some time before the end of February.
    edited February 2011

Not that I'd like to get your hopes way up, but... mid-month is still a possibility, although there is no release date yet. ;)

The loyal, long-term TTG fans actually want the episodes to come out later, because they somehow want these games to feel "less rushed". :D
  • edited February 2011
    Just curious, but why the two months wait? Is every episode of this series going to be staggered on a 2-month release schedule, or is it because of the free episode that TellTale has opted to wait an extra month?
    edited February 2011
    We have no idea, really. Maybe it's to coordinate all the possible release schedules, synchronize everything with the different platform releases. Maybe it's to optimize the launcher/game mechanics/engine bugs after extensive episode 1 beta-testing by the community. Maybe it's just an extended X-mas break. Who knows? ;)
  • edited February 2011
    Every other time there's been a game release over the end of the year, there's been a skip-month. Generally they released Episode 1 in November (e.g. S&MS2) and December was the skip month, with Episode 2 in January. For BTTF, the first episode was out in December, so Episode 2 is February.
  • edited February 2011
    Wait another seven to twenty-seven days. We haven't even got a release date for episode two yet, and it has never, ever been said that they'll release the episodes at the first of each month. In fact, even hoping it might be the beginning of February might be a bit foolish.

Please don't use "foolish". They had a whole month (january) to actually make it possible.
    edited February 2011
    That was meant more in the sense that beginning of February is pretty much over now, and there's still no release date for episode 2. There was absolutely no connection to my thoughts about what could have been done since December 22nd. ;)
  • edited February 2011
    I already forgot what happened at the first episode... two months... isn't this a bit excessive? I didn't know it would take so long when I purchased the first episode, otherwise I guess I would have waited a bit... this is like reading a book (or a tale, in this case), or watching a series: if you leave it for a long time and get back to it, it's never as good as when you can read all regularly, or even better, in one go... if you know what I mean. Also I felt kinda stupid since I payed one month and a half ago and now I read the episode one was out for free... That doesn't feel like the best treatment for the ones who support the product... but well, it may well just be that I'm tired of waiting.
    edited February 2011
    Well, the first episode may be technically "free", but still none of the people who get it "free" have yet had a chance to play the episode. Telltale: Kamikaze Marketing Since 2004. :D

The waiting, however, is just part of it.
    Just a little more patience... can't be more than 17 days away now. ;)
  • edited February 2011
    The waiting, however, is just part of it.
    Just a little more patience... can't be more than 17 days away now. ;)

Also you could be like me and start binging on adventure games until it comes out. I guess its good I never played season 2 or 3 of sam and max. Still have the original....haven't beat that one in a while...:cool:
  • discobanco wrote: »
    I already forgot what happened at the first episode... two months... isn't this a bit excessive? I didn't know it would take so long when I purchased the first episode, otherwise I guess I would have waited a bit... this is like reading a book (or a tale, in this case), or watching a series: if you leave it for a long time and get back to it, it's never as good as when you can read all regularly, or even better, in one go... if you know what I mean. Also I felt kinda stupid since I payed one month and a half ago and now I read the episode one was out for free... That doesn't feel like the best treatment for the ones who support the product... but well, it may well just be that I'm tired of waiting.

Good thing you're not a tron fan then! 30 years between sequels.
  • edited February 2011
    Just a question but can I download episodes from the BTTF the game menu which lists all the episodes and when there coming out or will I have to just download them from my games
  • edited February 2011
    I think you would have to login to the website and do it that way. Besides, that's where the serial codes are listed anyway so it's convenient.
  • edited February 2011
    We have no idea, really. Maybe it's to coordinate all the possible release schedules, synchronize everything with the different platform releases. Maybe it's to optimize the launcher/game mechanics/engine bugs after extensive episode 1 beta-testing by the community. Maybe it's just an extended X-mas break. Who knows? ;)

My money's on Max ate the flash drive with all the source code on it again and they're waiting for him to pass it. (and for the government to dispatch a level 5 haz-mat team.)
  • edited February 2011
    KeyMaster wrote: »
    My money's on Max ate the flash drive with all the source code on it again and they're waiting for him to pass it. (and for the government to dispatch a level 5 haz-mat team.)

QFT. Whenever something goes wrong at the Telltale offices, I'd bet Max had his hand in it somehow.
  • edited February 2011
    QFT. Whenever something goes wrong at the Telltale offices, I'd bet Max had his hand in it somehow.

You should see what he did to the coffee machine.
  • edited February 2011
    Amy Lukima wrote: »
    You should see what he did to the coffee machine.

Max + Coffee? No, actually, I'd rather NOT see what he did to it.
  • edited February 2011
    Hi, everyone! :D Is anyone having a problem installing episode 2? I keep getting an error 1400 'could not levatate' ..? *Thank God the DeLorean and hoverboards don't have this problem lol!* Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thank you kindly!
  • edited February 2011
    This is a general question regarding the direct 2 drive website. Are others having problems downloading from this website? I've seen some saying they can download their episode 2 game, however I've been looking the past couple of hours and still can't download. Any help/tips would be greatly appreciated as this is my first time posting!
  • edited February 2011
    Question:

My friend came over the other day and signed into the BTTF client using her Telltale name so she could play for a while.. I recently got Episode 2 and installed it, but I can't play it because every time I open BTTF, it's automatically signed into her account, no matter how many times I uninstall and reinstall. She doesn't have Ep 2 on her account, so it doesn't give me the option to play it.

So how do I sign out of the BTTF client in order to access my account and play Episode 2?

Any help would be appreciated.
  • edited February 2011
    hello
    if I can to use joypad in pc version of game?
    now only mouse necessary, but I have the xbox 360 pad for pc, and would be cool to use this one
  • edited February 2011
    Where do I put the promo code for the first episode?
  • edited February 2011
    I got the bundle for back to the future on the ps3 do i get eps 2 3 4 and 5 for free
    or do i have to pay for them
  • edited February 2011
    BTTF FAN wrote: »
    I got the bundle for back to the future on the ps3 do i get eps 2 3 4 and 5 for free
    or do i have to pay for them

If you paid for the PSN version ($19.99, I think), then yes, it includes all five episodes. However, only the first episode is out on PSN right now (in North America). Episode 2 should be coming shortly, and the others over the next few months.
  • edited March 2011
    Hi!
    Can you tell me please when I can expect BTTF episode 2 for IPAD?
    Thanks!
  • edited March 2011
    I'm seeing a lot of technical oriented questions that a lot of us don't know how to answer, so this is just a friendly reminder that we have a Game Support forum where those types of questions are much more likely to be answered.
  • edited March 2011
    will the masin TT site add more of the game art? and character profiles?
  • edited March 2011
    It's possible. It may also appear as a feature on the DVD, and if not it may get posted to the website at some point after the season is over. Telltale's usually pretty good about that sort of thing.
  • edited March 2011
    so as far as I can tell, all of telltale's other games have the option to get a DVD with all the episodes on it after the finale. will this be the case with BTTF? 'cause I've checked around the site, and I don't see anything about that.
  • edited March 2011
    Hi! Welcome to the forums!

For every Telltale game you will receive the disk at the finale, for free, if you pay for the postage only. :)
  • edited March 2011
    that's what I thought. 'cause I got the disk with Sam and max. the only reason I felt I had to ask, was because no on on the page for the game did it actually say there would be a disk.
    but thanks for the info! :)
  • edited March 2011
    I really enjoy the idea, and like how TellTale has the majority of their adventure games done that way, but I do have a complaint. Just as you know that your favorite TV show will be on at 9 pm on Thursday we should have a more specific release date for each episode besides a whole month. I know that things fall behind schedule, and I have done game programming myself and realize the complexity of software, but if the movie and television industry can hold to difficult schedules then so should an "episodic" developer.

Just my 2 cents anyway.
    edited March 2011
    That's unfortunately not what episodic gaming is about. It's about getting the episode out as soon as it's done. Movies and TV shows have a difficult schedule, but if TTG was to do the same, BTTF would not even be out yet. After all, movies and TV shows (and almost every other gaming company, for that matter) count in YEARS of development, while TTG's development counts in months. If a movie is delayed, we're talking months; if a TTG episode is delayed, we're talking days. It's quite a difference.
  • edited March 2011
    what do you mean doc all the best stuffs made in japan.......

Unbelivable.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.