FAQ for new posters & ask general questions here!

Comments

• edited December 2010
    Is there anyway to buy the 1st episode without having to purchase the whole season? Just wondering as i'll probably just get the 1st for pc and the rest for Ps3.
  • edited December 2010
    ...I...I..I just got to get this out of my system...SON OF A BITCH!!!!!!
  • VainamoinenVainamoinen Moderator
    edited December 2010
    Is there anyway to buy the 1st episode without having to purchase the whole season? Just wondering as i'll probably just get the 1st for pc and the rest for Ps3.

Unfortunately, there's no way to buy just one episode for PC/MAC.
  • edited December 2010
    December 22, 2010 2:48 pm.

Why don't I have the link to download yet? Are they waiting till 11:59:59 pm tonight or something?
  • edited December 2010
    will uk ps3 users get the play the game ?
    edited December 2010
    wwefan321 wrote: »
    will uk ps3 users get the play the game ?

Probably, yes. But I don't really know... I've put you in the FAQ thread nonetheless. ;)
  • edited December 2010
    Will the price of this game on Steam be the same as off of Telltale?

Also, will there be any TF2 promo items? :)
  • edited December 2010
    Could someone tell me what is happening here:

I installed the game for PC (english), after i opened the shortcut, i entered my details to activate it, clicked play and then it started going through another % thing (i am waiting for it to reach 100%) why is it going through this % thing?, i dont remember this happening on my other telltale games>
  • edited December 2010
    Hi im from chile, if I pay 24.95 i got the game in my house or i can download it from a link in the website after purchasing it?
    If i pay today or tomorrow, can i download the game after 5 days?
    because i want to give it as a gift to my girlfriend and i dont understand the system
    i need it before christmassss

i need information because i ve never buy a game with this system
  • edited December 2010
    prizna wrote: »
    Could someone tell me what is happening here:

I installed the game for PC (english), after i opened the shortcut, i entered my details to activate it, clicked play and then it started going through another % thing (i am waiting for it to reach 100%) why is it going through this % thing?, i dont remember this happening on my other telltale games>

It's redownloading the game. Basically, the whole process of starting the game has stuffed up.
  • edited December 2010
    Why have I heard that people can start playing the first episode for free? I can't figure out how I can do that. Help!
  • edited December 2010
    Hey,
    Can someone explain to me why when I play the game, there are these little black squares that pop up all across the screen? Do I need a new graphics card, or is something wrong with my current BTTF game installation?
  • edited December 2010
    In the games graphics settings what do the Anti-Aliasing and effects options do.
  • edited December 2010
    I got a question that I'd like to ask. I want to do an LP of this and I already recorded the first part, the
    part where you're recreating the time experiment scene from the movie, well, Marty's dream
    to where Marty gets to the lab, and I want to upload it and save the rest of the game for when eposide 2 comes out.

Would that be a problem?
  • edited December 2010
    Has the double download problem (download starting again after clicking play) been answered by teltale yet? I have currently got it set to run as administrator to avoid the double download.
  • edited December 2010
    Can anyone answer quick if i buy it will i be able to install it in two PC's at once? My brother wants to play it. Thanks.
  • edited December 2010
    Yeah, it's possible.
  • edited December 2010
    what is the original screen resolution in the settings? I press it on accident, I made it higher and my screen keeps blinking and stays off at times, what is the default screen setting?
  • edited December 2010
    Does anyone know what the effects option (on or off) in the graphics settings does?
  • edited December 2010
    Well, but does it need to log in with the account I purchased the game?
  • edited December 2010
    Is it possible to get BTTF : Game from Steam if you bought it from Telltalegames.com?
  • edited December 2010
    MPittore3 wrote: »
    Well, but does it need to log in with the account I purchased the game?
    Obviously...
  • edited December 2010
    Obviously...
    Then I have to change the password for my TellTale account.
    I don't want my brother know the same password I use for Xbox Live :p
    Thanks for the tip.
  • edited December 2010
    Well, you can also buy it on his account/gift it.

Then again you both need his password then. Or make a mutual new account.
  • edited December 2010
    The activation is a one-time thing, not like Steam or Battle.net which requires login before play, more like PSN, which requires login to install/download.

This does mean that it's relaxed enough that you technically can install it on quite a few computers, but it does not mean that you should share it anyhow.

EDIT: Then again, I just realized that the launcher for BTTF was changed from the previous seasons, and thus I don't really know if what I said above applies (For some odd reason my game skipped past the launcher on the redownloaded version, so I just figured the launcher was some beta-stuff that only existed in the first one.)
  • edited December 2010
    Yes, but you have to pay for it again. ;)
    edited December 2010
    No, buying from Steam and from Telltale are two altogether different things. Sorry!
  • edited December 2010
    Hey when will Back to the Future The Game be out for the PS3?
    I havn't heard any release date for it...
  • edited December 2010
    Hi All,

I would like to purchase BTTF but was wondering if the price quoted is for all episodes or just the first currently release?

Sorry for my noobiness and please LOL away!

Thanks all
  • edited December 2010
    gungholio wrote: »
    Hi All,

I would like to purchase BTTF but was wondering if the price quoted is for all episodes or just the first currently release?

Sorry for my noobiness and please LOL away!

Thanks all
    "LOL"! :p

Its for all 5 episodes + optional bonus free disc & case with the episodes & extras which will be released a few months after the last episode
    edited December 2010
    Sometime in January, it is presumed...
  • edited December 2010
    Can u give him a pet dog or something for co-op anything at all :eek:
  • edited December 2010
    A co-op adventure game?:confused:
  • edited December 2010
    Adventure games are about the story, not having someone to play with. Play a different game if you are looking for co-op.
  • edited December 2010
    It still aplies for BttF as well, so yeah, that could be an option too.
  • edited December 2010
    Hi all,
    Apologies if the following has already been mentioned: I registered for a free episode 1 after buying the 25th anniversary Blu-ray, only to read online earlier this week that the free copies wouldn't be sent out until February. Deciding not to wait, I bought the season on Steam yesterday only to get an email from Telltale today with my episode 1 serial number.

Since I've no need of the episode 1 serial now, can I gift it to a friend to try to get them interested in buying the full season? I know in earlier Telltale games you could start playing games as unregistered demo versions then enter the serial number afterwards, but it doesn't look like the new installer supports that option (even though the email I received today states "To unlock the game, you can use either your Telltale username and password, or your serial number").

Thanks in advance, and happy Christmas!
  • edited December 2010
    You don't need to login. You can just enter the serial key for your game in the launcher instead and it should work. Worked for previous Telltale games. Not sure how much they actually changed for this launcher...
  • edited December 2010
    I couldn't find a place to enter the keycode. So...
    edited December 2010
    Noooo, you can't give away the freebies! :D
  • edited December 2010
    If you've already logged in you can't.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.