FAQ for new posters & ask general questions here!

Comments

• edited December 2010
    I haven't bought any other Telltale games other than Monkey Island so I don't know how things work with all of the games but with MI there was the option of getting a free cased copy of the game for just the cost of postage which seemed fair enough, if I pre order the BTTF game will I get a free DVD version of that too?
  • edited December 2010
    I believe so, though you will have to pay for shipping.
  • edited December 2010
    Yeah I'd have thought you would have to pay the shipping cost, can anyone from Telltale confirm if they are doing a DVD at the end of the series? I think the Monkey Island pre order had it listed as something you would get on the store page, I haven't seen anything listed about BTTF there.
  • edited December 2010
    To reverify, yes there will be an end-of-season DVD with all the episodes.

Remember, also, that if you pre-order BTTF instead of waiting, you can get "Puzzle Agent", an amazing game, for free.

EDIT: Just to be completely open, I am not an official rep for Telltale Games (just a big fan).
  • edited December 2010
    From the latest blog entry:
    Alan wrote:
    As a companion piece to the release date we're now confirming that all purchases of Back to the Future from the Telltale Games Store include a free Collector's DVD which will be published after the conclusion of the season for you to add to your collection - you just pay shipping and handling!
  • edited December 2010
    I have a question. Why do I have to pay something like 5 dollars when I order things in canada or America (from other websites), and telltale's price of shipping to Europe is actually the price of the game... (sometimes over 20 dollars) ?
  • edited December 2010
    Because of the way things are shipped. Shipping from the US to the US or Canada goes by truck through the United States Postal Service, UPS, or FEDex, whereas overseas they have to go by air-freight. Air-freight is far more expensive sadly. That's why if you order anything from Japan, it's way more expensive than if you bought it here.
  • edited December 2010
    I know but, I'm in France, and I order a lot from USA, Canada, UK, and actually sometimes Japan.

I NEVER paid 20 dollars for a shipping/handling. Never. Oo
  • edited December 2010
    I realize it says it'll be playable on the Ipad, but will the Dec. 22nd release be playable on Ipad? From what I gathered was that it will eventually be available on Ipad...I just want to make sure the 22nd release is works on it or is that still something that's coming later?
  • edited December 2010
    No, Ipad version will come in 2011, we don't know when exactly.

Also, you will have to buy it on Itunes, and not on this website.
  • edited December 2010
    will throphys gonna be hard to get in this game or easy??
    and how many throphys are in 1 episode each??
  • edited December 2010
    Update on translations from today's TTG Press release;
    Telltale will also offer Back to the Future: The Game with complete voice and text translations for German language speakers, as well as a version with French text localization. The German language version will be available from Deutsche Telekom AG's gaming platform Gamesload (http://www.gamesload.de), as well as from telltalegames.com and Steam. The channels will share more information on localized versions as they prepare for release.
  • edited December 2010
    markeres wrote: »

Is that offer going to be retroactive for anyone who purchased before today?
  • VainamoinenVainamoinen Moderator
    edited December 2010
    Interesting question!! ;)
  • edited December 2010
    Interesting question!! ;)

Hey, someone had to ask it. ;p
  • edited December 2010
    hello telltale just wanted to know when you will be sending me my game as its released on the 22nd and ive paid for it , please let me know , cheers
  • edited December 2010
    hello telltale just wanted to know when you will be sending me my game as its released on the 22nd and ive paid for it , please let me know , cheers
    It is download only. Sometime on the 22nd, you will be able to download the game from the "Your games" tab at the top right of the screen.
    As you preordered though, once the entire series is finished, you will be entitled to the dvd. You just have to pay for postage, whenever it is released.
  • edited December 2010
    The game will be released with an episodic format.

That means one episode per month. You paid for the whole season, which means 5 episodes.

You have to download each of them.

Once the season is over (in MAY), you can order a DVD (and you pay the shipment). This DVD won't be available till next Summer.
    As you preordered though

Preorder has nothing to do with it. Any purchase of game (pre ordered or not) gives you the right to ask for the DVD.
  • edited December 2010
    whats on this dvd ? is it about the game ?
  • edited December 2010
    Are you freakin' serious ?! Go to the FAQ thread if you have any question. Stop making pointless threads.
  • edited December 2010
    Is that offer going to be retroactive for anyone who purchased before today?
    Everyone who orders the game has the opportunity to get the DVD for just the price of shipping.
    edited December 2010
    That would be appropriate. Also, read the FAQ first, both versions, the one at the beginning of this thread and the one here.
    edited December 2010

They will send you a download link on the 22nd for the first episode. You can order the DVD in August or September 2011 for just postage and packaging.
    whats on this dvd ? is it about the game ?

The DVD has all episodes of the game on it plus bonus materials. From this DVD, you can play the game without online activation of any sort.
    how do i download the game and where do i go ? will i get an email with a link or some thing ?

You can download them from the page you reach by clicking the joystick symbol in the upper right of this page. But you will ALSO be sent a download link by TTG when the game's available.
  • edited December 2010
    August or September 2012
    Woah! :D
  • edited December 2010
    I guess I'll just mention this in here now but the final Back to the Future Insider special deal is 80% off in the Telltale store.
  • edited December 2010
    ^
    sick!
  • edited December 2010
    when is bttf the game going to come out for ps3.
  • edited December 2010
    Early to mid January is the current best guess.
    edited December 2010
    woah! :d

fixed!!
  • edited December 2010
    Is there going to be a demo/trial for the pc version?
  • edited December 2010
    I have a question. I have a Mac, but I DO NOT have Snow Leopard. Is it that necessary for me to have Snow Leopard to play the BTTF game? Or can it be done without?
  • edited December 2010
    When is it gonna be released in Pacific Time (Telltale's office time)?
  • edited December 2010
    Milkman08 wrote: »
    When is it gonna be released in Pacific Time (Telltale's office time)?

Sometime between 9am and 6pm. Where in between those hours is totally up to the discretion of Telltale.
  • edited December 2010
    Spykes wrote: »
    Sometime between 9am and 6pm. Where in between those hours is totally up to the discretion of Telltale.
    Later, rather than sooner, if previous releases are any indication.
  • edited December 2010
    Is there going to be a demo/trial for the pc version?

Unlike what some of the people who posted over and over again cussing saying there is no demo say.
    There will be a demo.
  • edited December 2010
    I have never bought an episodic game from telltale before and I have a question regarding the price. The BTTF game is listed at 24.99. Is that for all 5 episodes, or do you have to pay for each episode as they come out? Thanks.
  • edited December 2010
    yes all 5 episodes. and if u pre-order, you'll get the dvd of the game when all the episodes are out. all u have to pay for is shipping and handling.
  • edited December 2010
    Yep that price is for all of the episodes combined. Plus puzzle agent.
  • edited December 2010
    You also get the DVD for shipping and handling if you order post-release (but not Puzzle Agent).

And yes, the reiterate, the $24.95 includes all 5 episodes.

Moving to FAQ thread.
    edited December 2010
    And I always like to add: It's EPISODES because each individual episode will last you about 2 to 4 hours. So don't be shocked! ;)
Sign in to comment in this discussion.