FAQ for new posters & ask general questions here!

Comments

• edited December 2010
    So, is the 24,95$ for all 5 episodes?
    And can you use it for PS3? Do you just download chapther 2,3,4 and 5, when they are released?
    Will I be able to use it in any country of Europe? (I'm from Denmark)

Thx..
  • edited December 2010
    Pre-ordering the whole season costs $24.95, although it's not clear if that's some kind of special pre-order discount or if the season will cost that much after release too.

Pre-ordering it off the Telltale Store gets you the PC/Mac version. If you want the PS3 version, you have to download it off of PSN.

Not sure if it'll be available in Europe. Someone else might be able to answer that better than I can.
  • edited December 2010
    Awesome Info. I preordered it and can't wait to get it.
  • edited December 2010
    Why is the pre-order 24$ Isn't the first game free?
  • edited December 2010
    The first episode is only free if you use a particular promo code.

The $24 pre-order price is for all 5 episodes. I don't know why, since i'm not familiar with Telltale's pricing. =I
  • edited December 2010
    Yep. A normal Telltale preorder is about $35, so when one of the episodes is free, that makes it about $25.
  • edited December 2010
    Pre-ordering the whole season costs $24.95, although it's not clear if that's some kind of special pre-order discount

Which would be a bit dissapointing for those of us looking to get it on the PS3...unless it's available for pre-order on PSN now.
  • edited December 2010
    mpuone wrote: »
    Why is the pre-order 24$ Isn't the first game free?

Yeah which is why its $24
  • edited December 2010
    People that still complain about the game's price should get hanged imo
  • edited December 2010
    I have a question i put this on the insider forum but no one has answered yet how do you get the game onto the ps3 i just preordered it!
  • edited December 2010
    I have a question i put this on the insider forum but no one has answered yet how do you get the game onto the ps3 i just preordered it!

You just pre-ordered for PC, not PS3.
  • edited December 2010
    Hi everyone. Forgive the question if it's a no brainer (i'm a newbie). I purchased the pre-order for the BTTF game a little while ago and have noticed that I get access to the PC and MAC versions. I did notice an iPad logo at the base of the screen though. Does this mean the iPad version is included as part of this package? Or would this need to be purchased exclusively via iTunes?
  • edited December 2010
    Hi everyone. Forgive the question if it's a no brainer (i'm a newbie). I purchased the pre-order for the BTTF game a little while ago and have noticed that I get access to the PC and MAC versions. I did notice an iPad logo at the base of the screen though. Does this mean the iPad version is included as part of this package? Or would this need to be purchased exclusively via iTunes?

You would need to purchase it via Itunes when it's released. Also this was just posted, in case you had anymore questions.

http://www.telltalegames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21051
  • edited December 2010
    Icedhope wrote: »
    You would need to purchase it via Itunes when it's released. Also this was just posted, in case you had anymore questions.

http://www.telltalegames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21051

Thanks for that :) Apologies for not noticing that in the FAQ.
  • edited December 2010
    Why isnt there an exact release date yet? I cant sleep at night dammit!!!
  • VainamoinenVainamoinen Moderator
    edited December 2010
    Because that's what TTG wants: That people's anticipation costs them sleep. :D
  • edited December 2010
    Hey Everyone

How much longer until the first episode of this game is ready to be downloaded

thanks
  • edited December 2010
    Quick answer:

Release date yet to be revealed (all we know is it's, or should be, in December).
  • edited December 2010
    Couldn't you take a "quick" look at FAQ thread? ...

EDIT: Thanks to vainamoinen who moved the "quick question" thread now my post is meaningless ... :( j/k :D
  • edited December 2010
    Hey everyone

Its all ready december 13th

and it said it would be ready to be downloaded in december

so is this game now delyed then
    edited December 2010
    The game will be released this December.
  • edited December 2010
    Enders wrote: »
    Hey everyone

Awesome.
  • edited December 2010
    It's only a few weeks away...
    edited December 2010
    Sikboy1029 wrote: »

That's the right attitude, Sikboy! Only a few weeks! ;)

I'll put you in the FAQ thread nonetheless. We haven't heard anything about a Steam pre-order date yet.
  • edited December 2010
    Sikboy1029 wrote: »

I few weeks.. :eek::mad::(
  • edited December 2010
    Are the system requirements going to be released before the release of the first episode?
  • edited December 2010
    Hey everyone

I just have faqs to say about this game please

how many characters are going to be in this game all together

thanks
    edited December 2010
    No one knows yet, sorry. You'll see in just a few weeks.
  • edited December 2010
    That's it, middle december. :/

I am patient but I have to say it's getting kinda late. I mean in one week it's Xmas already >< .
  • edited December 2010
    Enders wrote: »
    Hey everyone

The "logic" here is just baffling.
  • edited December 2010
    For instance, will it be free on Steam, or on the PSN ?

I understand that Telltale wants people to buy through their store. While with Steam, it's completely understandable (any Pc gamer HAS the choice), the Playstation users absolutely can't do anything about it, so it doesn't really seem fair.

So do you guys plan on making it available for free on every platform or just the Telltale's website ?

Thanks !
  • edited December 2010
    The free episode will only be available through the Telltale Games website.
  • edited December 2010
    Okay then, thanks anyway ^^ .
  • edited December 2010
    Will it just be available to download on the site or do I need to sign up for something first?

Planning to order this later anyway, need to sort out my paypal account first.
  • edited December 2010
    Buy the BTTF trilogy on BLURAY.
  • edited December 2010
    You don't have to buy anything. Just go here: http://www.telltalegames.com/bttfoffer
    and click "register for your free episode." If it asks for a code, enter 121GIGAWATTS
  • edited December 2010
    I'd complain, but hey. I get to find out if my three year old laptop with a POS integrated graphics chip can handle this.
  • edited December 2010
    Well I at least hope the "full season order"'s price on PSN is close to the Telltale's one.

Otherwise it's just really unfair. (The ps3 version is coming in 2011, I guess that means all episodes are going to be delayed a bit, we can't preorder, nor get a DVD/bluray at the end of season, nor bonus content, and we'd have to pay more ? o.o)
  • edited December 2010
    Nothing to do with being 'unfair'.

Sony take their cut when they sell it on their download service. Whereas Telltale get all the revenue when they sell PC/Mac versions on their own website.

So if Telltale are looking to make the same profit per episode sold, they can do so with a lower price point on the PC/Mac version.

(Yes, and they'll take a hit with Steam sales as they're sold at the regular PC price, but the marketing to a captive audience of Steam Subscribers probably offsets that).

Or something.
  • edited December 2010
    Strayth wrote: »
    Well I at least hope the "full season order"'s price on PSN is close to the Telltale's one.

Otherwise it's just really unfair. (The ps3 version is coming in 2011, I guess that means all episodes are going to be delayed a bit, we can't preorder, nor get a DVD/bluray at the end of season, nor bonus content, and we'd have to pay more ? o.o)

Its a better deal to buy directly from the source... CRAZY!!
Sign in to comment in this discussion.