FAQ for new posters & ask general questions here!

Comments

• edited October 2010
    Suppose it might not hurt to give this another bump considering how many of the same questions that keep popping up about what system the game will be on and how people can buy it.
  • edited October 2010
    What platforms will the Back to the Future sandbox free-roam game be on?
  • edited October 2010
    What platforms will the Back to the Future sandbox free-roam game be on?

Right now it's only going to be on the Atari 2600, the Dreamcast, and the Virtual Boy. However, Telltale has plans to expand to some newfangled next-gen consoles as well as possibly a computer operating system or two. Looks like we're just going to have to wait it out, Alan.
  • VainamoinenVainamoinen Moderator
    edited October 2010
    Amiga 500 release FTW!

(Yes, this was meant to bump this thread. Any chance of a sticky?)
  • edited October 2010
    plrichard wrote: »
    Right now it's only going to be on the Atari 2600, the Dreamcast, and the Virtual Boy. However, Telltale has plans to expand to some newfangled next-gen consoles as well as possibly a computer operating system or two. Looks like we're just going to have to wait it out, Alan.

Darn all the luck. All my dad got me was the Intelevision console. Guess I'm one of the ones having to "wait and see."
  • edited October 2010
    No Nintendo Entertainment System? I'm very disappointed with you, guys, I'll never buy a game of yours ever again.
    edited October 2010
    Yeah, all those other NES BTTF games were so great!
  • edited October 2010
    Back To The Future Game Rating
  • edited October 2010
    I'm guessing E10.
  • edited October 2010
    M for sure...I mean with marty being the first inter-time serial killer and all.
    edited October 2010
    Bump. And I mean, mega-bump. :D
  • edited October 2010
    In regard to when the game will take place, Bob Gale has said it will take place 6 months after the events of the third movie. (Starting time anyway)

The reference to this is from an interview that was linked on the Telltale Games Twitter a week ago.........
    edited October 2010
    mcfly88 wrote: »
    In regard to when the game will take place, Bob Gale has said it will take place 6 months after the events of the third movie

Yes he did, and unlike his previous interview quotes (you know, the one about the release in early November, LOL), this one was carefully filtered by Telltale and put on their own blog, so that information about the game out of Bob's mouth comes as close to being official TTG news as it gets. ;)
  • edited October 2010
    I think early Nov is still a possibility.
  • edited October 2010
    No it isn't. Unless "This winter" means "This fall".
  • edited October 2010
    I could see the game being available for pre-order very soon, but maybe not up for release till...early decemberish...maybe?

That's the way it was for Sam & Max, and Tales, right? Episode 1's were available about 5 weeks after pre-order began.
  • edited October 2010
    plrichard wrote: »

Hey, I got one of those systems! Just bought it last year after selling my first one in 2001-2. Seriously the Dreamcast is the most underrated system ever, and I love playing it every week at least. And yes, I know you were being sarcastic lol. :D
  • edited October 2010
    U know ... as much as I hope this sticks to the EXACT way the movies & series goes ... wouldn't i be rad if not only they time traveled through the years of Hill Valley; but also perhaps DISTANCE traveled?

The time machine IS a car. Get them to goto DC or something ... be kinda cool. Or make them drive past Universal Studios. ;-)
    edited October 2010
    jp-30 wrote: »
    I think early Nov is still a possibility.

Although Telltale has a ridiculously short release date announcement to actual release time span, they never managed three weeks, I think. (IIRC - this is very hard to research. Help anyone? ;) ). Also, if the release date is announced too late, pre-orders would be damaged quite a bit; and we're still waiting for WINTER to actually begin.
  • edited October 2010
    Yeah you guys might want to check out the blog right now! :)
  • edited October 2010
    Although Telltale has a ridiculously short release date announcement to actual release time span, they never managed three weeks, I think. (IIRC - this is very hard to research. Help anyone? ;) ). Also, if the release date is announced too late, pre-orders would be damaged quite a bit; and we're still waiting for WINTER to actually begin.
    Yeah, it's sometime after Dec 2...
    edited October 2010
    Faq update please!!

...and sticky please. Every new bit of info, the forums are exploding with new posters.
  • edited October 2010
    I'll update the FAQ sometime this weekend. Promise!
  • edited October 2010
    Cool, the FAQ could do with a screencap from the GameTrailers video, and of course Marty's voice actor details.
  • edited October 2010
    jp-30 wrote: »
    Cool, the FAQ could do with a screencap from the GameTrailers video, and of course Marty's voice actor details.

Yep, that's what I have planned. Those are definitely the highlight. I may wait until Part 3 is posted tomorrow though so I can get everything in one big shot.
  • edited October 2010
    In my experience, the release date of Telltale Games is always the Tuesday of the week after the trailer appears.
  • edited October 2010
    tredlow wrote: »
    In my experience, the release date of Telltale Games is always the Tuesday of the week after the trailer appears.

That being your logic that would make the game release date December 7, seeing as the trailer premiers on Spike December 2. So says the end of the behind the scenes videos.
    edited October 2010
    tredlow wrote: »

Statistic proof? ;)

I think that only applies to the further episodes of a series (parts 2, 3, 4 and 5), but not the first episode/season opener.
  • edited October 2010
    Phew, all done with the updates so far. I'm sure I'll have more to add soon once Part 3 is released though. I can't wait!

I wonder if I should start deleting some of the really old information?....
    edited October 2010
    Spykes wrote: »
    I wonder if I should start deleting some of the really old information?....

GREAT update. This will save us at least 20 new posters asking about Michael J. Fox and free roam. ;)

About deleting old information: The last question and answer is a little out of date, I think. Although we still do not have official confirmation about what character we'll play, what we know about the philosophy, storyline and casting decision of the game points very very much towards playing Marty.

Answering the canon question is very tricky now that even on TTG's website, Bob Gale, who has the right to "decide" this, has explicitly stated:
    Only the movies are canon. Everything else fits into the 'what-if?' category, or might be canon in some alternate universe.

I think that this quote might be added.
  • edited October 2010
    I added the Bob Gale quote.
  • edited October 2010
    You guys might want to head over to our Back to the Future site. There's some new stuff over there
    edited October 2010
    Great SCOTT!!

...my PayPal isn't loaded, dang. Tomorrow for sure!

Were exactly is the pre-order deal specified? Can't find the terms... and pre-order without release date? Really?
  • edited October 2010
    I'm going to take a not-so-implausible guess and say a December 25th release date. Just speculating but that would make an awesome release date.
  • edited October 2010
    I Pre ordered woo! Blu-Ray tonight at midnight, another sleepless night for me, hells yeah!
  • edited October 2010
    @Vainamoinen - We didn't announce a release date for Poker Night at the Inventory when we opened up pre-orders for that. That said, the pre-order deal is $24.95 for the game from our store on PC/Mac. You also get a copy of Puzzle Agent and a dollar from every pre-order goes straight to Team Fox, Michael J. Fox's foundation for Parkinson's disease research.
  • edited October 2010
    @Vainamoinen - We didn't announce a release date for Poker Night at the Inventory when we opened up pre-orders for that. That said, the pre-order deal is $24.95 for the game from our store on PC/Mac. You also get a copy of Puzzle Agent and a dollar from every pre-order goes straight to Team Fox, Michael J. Fox's foundation for Parkinson's disease research.

Wait, is $24.95 the normal price, or is that another pre-order bonus?
  • edited October 2010
    So it $24.95 because that is a pre-order price? How does the free "121GIGAWATT" episode factor in(as in, does the pre-order price just compensate for those that get the free episode and then upgrade?).

That $1 goes to Team Fox is really incredible. That one is pre-order only, then?
  • edited October 2010
    So it $24.95 because that is a pre-order price? How does the free "121GIGAWATT" episode factor in(as in, does the pre-order price just compensate for those that get the free episode and then upgrade?).

The 121GIGAWATT episode is not upgradable, it is a standalone product. It's not being sold as individual episodes either, rather as a full season like The Devil's Playhouse. The game is $24.95, all the time.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.