"The Great Adventure Bundle 2010"

edited November 2010 in General Chat
Thing just added to store:
TTG Store wrote:
With the Great Adventure Bundle 2010, Telltales Games has teamed up with some top PC-game publishers to bring together six great adventure games in one bundle at an incredible price. Best of all, 25 percent of your purchase price is being set aside for select charitable causes.

It's so easy: Just choose your cause - if you don't choose, your tax-deductible donation will be spread evenly among them all - then make your purchase. To help reach our goals, we've set two of the games to be unlockable once unit sales reach a certain number.

Stay tuned to the Telltale blog, Twitter and Facebook for Great Adventure Bundle news and updates - and help spread the word!

Included in the bundle:
- The Whispered World
- Jack Keane
- Penny Arcade Adventures
- King's Quest Collection

When sales goal are met, Puzzle Agent and Sam & Max Season 2 unlock!

Please note that this bundle won't work with the "Poker Night" discount.

EDIT: Aww, typo in title. Can a mod fix it?

Comments

• padpad
    edited September 2010
    Just bought it, brilliant deal, but having slight issues trying to log in once it's installed :p
  • edited September 2010
    I might buy it, if I deem it a good deal without the two PA games.

EDIT: Wow, that was fast. Thanks, mods.
  • edited September 2010
    I might buy it, if I deem it a good deal without the two PA games

It's only the first Penny Arcade game, isn't it? If it's both I could be swung to purchase the bundle.
  • edited September 2010
    Installed, but I can't get past the login screen; I keep pressing the button, but nothing happens. Help?
  • edited September 2010
    Pinchpenny wrote: »
    It's only the first Penny Arcade game, isn't it? If it's both I could be swung to purchase the bundle.

Well, it says "6 games".

EDIT: Question for Telltale: Is it possible to gift the copies of PA and S&MS2 if you already own them?

Also, I'll buy it, because the King's Quest Collection is already $20.
  • padpad
    edited September 2010
    Installed, but I can't get past the login screen; I keep pressing the button, but nothing happens. Help?

This. Think theres an issue with it I do :P
  • edited September 2010
    pad wrote: »
    This. Think theres an issue with it I do :P

Wait, is it all one program?
  • padpad
    edited September 2010
    Wait, is it all one program?

You download an exe which is around 30mb, once installed it brings up a login scren saying you need to login to unlock your games. My assumption would be you can then download the game files (as they can't all be in 30mb), not sure if you have to use the launcher to play them though, can't get past the login.
  • edited September 2010
    Also, why have a demo link if there is none?

This is still a really great bundle. even if you're too young to play PAA:OTR-SPOD. I just hope the extra TTG games are giftable, because I would have two easy Christmas presents.
  • edited September 2010
    Also want to know about extra copies of PA and SaM2. Thanks.
  • edited September 2010
    If you mouse over the tiny "Terms of Sale" text under the orange Buy button, it says the items are not giftable.

I already own three of the games, but otherwise this is a cool idea. Plus I'm a big fan of the EFF, so any donations going their way make me a happy law-talking guy.
  • edited September 2010
    Video says it ends 9.5 but in the info section it says 9.10. When is the actual end date?
  • edited September 2010
    9/10. Has anybody gotten the login button to work?
  • edited September 2010
    I've checked the facts, and it DOES have BOTH PAA games. I checked the current value of each title(the page states that the bundle is a "$120 Value!"), and both PAA games are currently... $5 each. Because the value is not $115, it includes both.
  • edited September 2010
    Nope, login button still doing nothing.
  • edited September 2010
    I wonder which version of King's Quest 1 is included with the KQ collection...
  • edited September 2010
    I can't even get the game to my cart. Appears to be a problem with the site. Anyone else experiencing that?
  • edited September 2010
    I can't log in either... anyone figured out a fix?
  • edited September 2010
    Okay, quick question.

If enough copies of this bundle are sold, we get a copy of Sam and Max Season 2, right?

Can we order the DVD for the game when / if we get a copy of Sam and Max?
  • edited September 2010
    Probably not :)
  • edited September 2010
    Foxhack wrote: »
    Okay, quick question.

If enough copies of this bundle are sold, we get a copy of Sam and Max Season 2, right?

Can we order the DVD for the game when / if we get a copy of Sam and Max?

Hey, I can't read. Hovering the mouse over the Terms of Sale link makes a small window pop up and it says:

"Purchasers of this product are eligible for the end-of-season DVD for Sam & Max: Beyond Time and Space only."

So, in a word? YES. I'm buying this as soon as I get my Amazon money. :D
  • edited September 2010
    Question: Which of these titles have Mac versions available? Or is this a PC-only bundle?
  • PsyPsy
    edited September 2010
    Hey guys,

We ran into a critical issue (as you may have noticed, the login button wasn't working...) that ended up being a server side thing, and we got it fixed, so if you try now it'll work. Sorry about that, we didn't see it at all internally but as soon as we made it live KABOOM. Such is life. Anyone who already downloaded it can just try to log in again and it should work now!

When we saw that bug, we pulled the title since we don't want to release buggy stuff. But it's fixed! So it's going back up. If you want to buy it, you should be able to either now or soon.

Aaaaand Soup: it's a PC-only bundle.
  • edited September 2010
    I wonder which version of King's Quest 1 is included with the KQ collection...

the newer one (sierra-EGA-Remake)
  • edited September 2010
    I'm still unclear as to the CONTENT of the bundle(What versions of Kings Quest, and whether or not both Penny Arcade Adventures games are in it)
  • edited September 2010
    Will these games now fall under the My Telltale Purchases or is it a one time download?
  • edited September 2010
    I'm still unclear as to the CONTENT of the bundle(What versions of Kings Quest, and whether or not both Penny Arcade Adventures games are in it)

If Sierra Planet is correct, it should contain KQ1 SCI Version, KQ2, KQ3, KQ4 SCI Version, as well as the CD versions of KQ5, 6, and 7 (Version 2.0). No other extras are included... which is why I never bought this pack when I saw it at Big!Lots ages ago.

Also, Telltale Games already confirmed both Penny Arcade Adventures games are in the bundle via Twitter:

@telltalegames Is Penny Arcade both episodes?
    @DrRocketGenius it sure is both episodes!
  • edited September 2010

The King's Quest Collection includes:
    King's Quest 1 EGA Remake and the original versions of KQ 2-7,
    King's Quest 5+6 is a talkie version without subtitles.
    they all run in dos box. The included Dos-box version should be 0.63 though. The ones that are supported are also playable in ScummVM.

Oh and they all should have the copy protection intact if there was one (especially KQ3) so hopefully the manual is included in the release.

Oh yeah: KQ 7 is not patched and only saves when you quit the game. But the deaths are more forgiving and send you back to shortly before it happened. Oh and the firecracker bug is in there so be sure you know how to slow-down the game in dos-box.
  • PsyPsy
    edited September 2010
    Only Penny Arcade Episode 1 is included. The second episode is not a part of the bundle, it's too complicated to get into here and was a last minute change. Either way, the first one is a great game :D

Also you're both correct about the versions of King's Quest included.
  • PsyPsy
    edited September 2010
    Mobeeuz wrote: »
    Will these games now fall under the My Telltale Purchases or is it a one time download?

I believe the *launcher* will always be available for download once you've purchased the product. The games themselves are downloaded through the launcher, and if you uninstall them you can always redownload them from the launcher and reinstall them.
  • edited September 2010
    Psy wrote: »
    it's a PC-only bundle.
    no games for me then :-(
  • edited September 2010
    Psy wrote: »
    Hey guys,

We ran into a critical issue (as you may have noticed, the login button wasn't working...) that ended up being a server side thing, and we got it fixed, so if you try now it'll work. Sorry about that, we didn't see it at all internally but as soon as we made it live KABOOM. Such is life. Anyone who already downloaded it can just try to log in again and it should work now!

When we saw that bug, we pulled the title since we don't want to release buggy stuff. But it's fixed! So it's going back up. If you want to buy it, you should be able to either now or soon.

Aaaaand Soup: it's a PC-only bundle.
    Erm, I just bought it and downloaded it a few minutes ago and I can't get the login button to do anything...
  • edited September 2010
    DarthBo wrote: »
    no games for me then :-(
    Yeah, what else is new?
  • edited September 2010
    tcnuk wrote: »
    Erm, I just bought it and downloaded it a few minutes ago and I can't get the login button to do anything...
    OK, it seems to work now. Apparently I was typing the wrong password (I don't need to use it very often since all the other Telltale games seem to login automatically). You guys might want to make it so that you get some kind of message for a wrong password, though. :)
  • edited September 2010
    I think I might buy this... are the Whispered World and Jack Keane good?
  • pespes
    edited September 2010
    Is "The Whispered World" only playable in English?
  • edited September 2010
    Whispered World is a pretty good nostalgia trip: gorgeous graphics (though sadly only 1024x768), traditional (but good) adventure gameplay, non-generic comments on almost any item combination, and the like. It's a bit stuck in the past maybe and I probably wouldn't get it at the regular $30+, but don't pass it up in a deal like this.
  • edited September 2010
    there's something I don't understand... if I *don't* choose a charity before clicking "buy now" does that mean 25% of my purchase will be divided equally between those charities?
  • edited September 2010
    Well, a bit too late for me. I already bought Jack Keane some time ago for more than this pack, and it kind of sucks (Shows that point and click definitely doesn't triumphs over Direct Control in 3D environments), got S&M2 and PA, don't really care for PA and KQ and have yet to boot my Whispered World demo that has nestled 2 months on my PC 0_0...

:(
  • edited September 2010
    What does it mean by "Sam and Max Season 2 and Puzzle agent will be unlocked when goals have been met"? Does it mean it'll be free for a little bit? Does it mean that people who bought this get it?
Sign in to comment in this discussion.