"The Great Adventure Bundle 2010"

Comments

• edited September 2010
    I worded that wrong. What I meant was:

Everybody, get the word out! Tweet about it! Tip your favorite gaming sites! Like/post it on Facebook! Run around a public place screaming the link! Anything to get more sales!

(NOT joking. Well, maybe with the "run around" thing, but the point still stands.)

I'm shouting it from the rooftops as we speak.
  • edited September 2010
    Shen-Zhi wrote: »
    posted it on steam forums. does that count?
    caeska wrote: »
    I'm shouting it from the rooftops as we speak.

That's good, but we need more. Add it to your sigs on EVERY forum you go to.
  • edited September 2010

Done!
  • edited September 2010
    Done too!
  • edited September 2010
    You should get rid of the silly monkey link Ringmaster, it makes the other links seem inferior.
  • edited September 2010

as i've been banned twice from the steam forums, i won't let my bad reputation (for saying the truth, just to say), getting telltale involved into this :rolleyes:
  • edited September 2010
    as i've been banned twice from the steam forums, i won't let my bad reputation (for saying the truth, just to say), getting telltale involved into this :rolleyes:

At least add it on here!
  • edited September 2010
    At least add it on here!

accomplished. but are you really sure it makes sense in the telltale-forum?

i admit it, i'm bored, while i'm downloading the bundle games..., and hell it IS slow!
  • edited September 2010
    accomplished. but are you really sure it makes sense in the telltale-forum?

i admit it, i'm bored, while i'm downloading the bundle games..., and hell it IS slow!

Sometimes, the right thing doesn't make sense.
  • edited September 2010
    Sometimes, the right thing doesn't make sense.

that sounds like something master yoda would say :o
  • edited September 2010
    Is the manual for the KQ games around? I had this problem with another kings quest pack I bought once and couldn't play like KQ4 and had to get a walk through for the wall in Kings quest 6.
  • edited September 2010
    Dannysw wrote: »
    Is the manual for the KQ games around? I had this problem with another kings quest pack I bought once and couldn't play like KQ4 and had to get a walk through for the wall in Kings quest 6.

Here's the Steam version manual: http://cdn.steampowered.com/Manuals/10100/KQManual.pdf?t=1249078869
  • edited September 2010

Check whatever folder you installed the GAB launcher in, there should be a folder with King's Quest Collection and the manual should be there.

ex C:\Program Files\Telltale Games\Adventure Bundle
  • edited September 2010
    Foxhack wrote: »
    After you install the games, run Steam, go to your games window and click on "Add a Game". Then choose "Add a non-Steam game...". Steam will scan your hard drive and check for installed software and their shortcuts. Then you just pick what you want to add. Or you can use the Browse feature if it's not listed there.

I'm browsing, but all I can find are the installer files from the bundle, I can't find individual launchers for the games (running Win7)

EDIT: WTF now the game launchers are showing up in the Telltale folder when I browse (o_0) I swear sometimes computers are out to mess with my head
  • edited September 2010
    DarthBo wrote: »
    no games for me then :-(
    Ditto here. It'd be nice if TTG didn't forget us Mac gamers when they run promos like this.
  • edited September 2010
    Mystakill wrote: »
    Ditto here. It'd be nice if TTG didn't forget us Mac gamers when they run promos like this.

Boot camp. VMware. another computer. there are options.
  • edited September 2010

I just completed my mission. I replied to every comment for both posts.
  • edited September 2010
    Hi guys, I just bought the bundle and made a thread on Facepunch, any other ways to help spread the word?
    http://www.facepunch.com/showthread.php?t=996880
  • edited September 2010
    Don't know if it's been posted in this thread yet, but here's the thread on slickdeals.net:
    http://slickdeals.net/forums/showthread.php?sduid=359911&t=2219016

Be sure to give it a thumb up and hopefully it'll get on the front page.
  • edited September 2010
    mateo360 wrote: »
    Boot camp. VMware. another computer. there are options.
    I was wondering how long it would take before one of you guys would show up with this line. To make things clear, I ran Windows both professionally and personally, from version 1 to version 7 (that's ~25 years for you youngins). I both supported and developed on and for it. At the end of the day however, I decided that I just wanted something that worked without the constant fiddling that Windows requires and has better support than Linux (RTFM is not considered support).

1) Boot Camp works, but I'd prefer not to have to reboot into a new OS just to play an occasional game. I've generally got a dozen other apps open at the same time so that I can pop in & out, depending on what I'm doing at any given time.

2) VMware Fusion works as well, but it takes *forever* to boot up and most games run poorly in it. VirtualBox's is even worse. This is on a current-gen i7 MacBook Pro with 8GB of RAM, so it's not really a hardware issue.

Bottom line, no Mac game, no sale. I have plenty of other Mac games that I either haven't finished, or haven't yet started. I'm all for helping out a charity, but I'd be getting the short end of the deal here.
  • edited September 2010

KQ1
    KQ2
    KQ3 (you will definitely need the spells in here)
    KQ4 (you will need this manual to start the game)
    KQ5
    KQ6 (and you will need the alphabet in this manual)
    KQ7
  • PsyPsy
    edited September 2010
    Bottom line, no Mac game, no sale. I have plenty of other Mac games that I either haven't finished, or haven't yet started. I'm all for helping out a charity, but I'd be getting the short end of the deal here.

Unfortunately, most of the games in the bundle aren't ours and don't necessarily have mac ports. I'd love to make everything we do available on every platform all the time, but some dreams are still a long way off :P

If you're feeling charitable though, you can simulate the adventure bundle experience by donating directly to a charity- You don't get that awesome new-game smell, but good causes are good causes ^.^
  • edited September 2010
    Psy wrote: »
    Only Penny Arcade Episode 1 is included. The second episode is not a part of the bundle, it's too complicated to get into here and was a last minute change. Either way, the first one is a great game :D

Also you're both correct about the versions of King's Quest included.

So the game that caused me to buy the bundle is not included, great...
  • edited September 2010
    MatsJn wrote: »
    So the game that caused me to buy the bundle is not included, great...

Why is it important? Were talking about buying these games beacuse we want to help people! Even if the game you wanted isent included, you shoud still be happy for getting the chance to buy this great bundle and even help people and different organiziations(ok i know i spelled that wrong:D)
  • edited September 2010
    Why is it important? Were talking about buying these games beacuse we want to help people! Even if the game you wanted isent included, you shoud still be happy for getting the chance to buy this great bundle and even help people and different organiziations(ok i know i spelled that wrong:D)

It matters because if you don't want any of the games, then it's better to give the money *directly* to the charity of your choice, instead of only the 25% that are given from the bundle sales.

I'm not buying this either: I have half of this stuff already, and the other half doesn't seem that interesting to me, so there's no reason for me to buy the bundle.
  • edited September 2010
    Is there someone who has downloaded the bundle who can tell us if the german games (The Whispered World, Jack Keane) are playable in german. I haven't found a definite answer to this question on this board or in the blog comments. Thanks.
  • edited September 2010
    Is there someone who has downloaded the bundle who can tell us if the german games (The Whispered World, Jack Keane) are playable in german. I haven't found a definite answer to this question on this board or in the blog comments. Thanks.

No. You need to improve your english skills! ;)
  • edited September 2010
    eqmix wrote: »
    No. You need to improve your english skills! ;)

Ah, it's that bad, huh? :) Thanks for the quick answer.
  • edited September 2010

I guess it's like on steam: no german version. A shame really. Here are 2 games I would prefere to play in german for once but oh well. I guess there is some problems with the distribution-rights for the german version of these games.
  • edited September 2010

No, man. It's actually quite good. He's just suggesting learning English fully so that you can play the games in English. I'm quite sure that's what he meant, though I'm not sure :).
  • edited September 2010

That's your choice but I don't like hearing Mac users whine when there are things they can do if they really want to play.
  • edited September 2010
    Hayden wrote: »
    No, man. It's actually quite good. He's just suggesting learning English fully so that you can play the games in English. I'm quite sure that's what he meant, though I'm not sure :).

The problem is that these 2 games have a better german dubbing which is a really rare thing.
  • edited September 2010
    Hayden wrote: »

Exactly! :D

btw: The Steam Release of the Whispered World is in fact multilingual. But Jack Keane isn't.
  • edited September 2010
    Bundle launcher isn't working for me. When I press login launcher seems to be doing something for couple seconds (no hand cursor on login button). And then nothing...
  • edited September 2010
    anyone knows in what directory the install-files for the games are downloaded??

i searched in user/appdata and stuff but can't find anything

I was wondering how long it would take before one of you guys would show up with this line.

I was wondering how long it would take before one of those mac-users shows up in this thread and starts whining.
  • edited September 2010
    Cyphox wrote: »
    anyone knows in what directory the install-files for the games are downloaded??

C:\Documents\telltale games\Adventure Bundle
  • edited September 2010
    I have read that Whispered World came without videos. Is that true? Anyone played it?
  • edited September 2010
    aitgud wrote: »
    I have read that Whispered World came without videos. Is that true? Anyone played it?

Yes. That is true. But i'm sure they will release a new installer / update. Shit happens :cool:
Sign in to comment in this discussion.