"The Great Adventure Bundle 2010"

Comments

• edited September 2010
    Hi Guys,

can anyone of you tell me, from which languages I can choose? Are any of these in german?
  • edited September 2010
    Here's another IMPORTANT NITPICKY VERSION QUESTION: Is it the Windows version of KQ6, or the DOS version attached to Windows DosBox (like in the most recent CD collection)?

Because I can't get my copy of the Windows version (with more detailed dialogue portraits, etc) to work.
  • edited September 2010
    doggans wrote: »
    Here's another IMPORTANT NITPICKY VERSION QUESTION: Is it the Windows version of KQ6, or the DOS version attached to Windows DosBox (like in the most recent CD collection)?

Because I can't get my copy of the Windows version (with more detailed dialogue portraits, etc) to work.

It is part of the CD collection so I'm guessing it's most likely the latter.
  • edited September 2010
    Well, a bit too late for me. I already bought Jack Keane some time ago for more than this pack, and it kind of sucks

really? I absolutely love it.
  • edited September 2010
    I just downloaded the installer and successfully logged in, tried to install PA and its saying Error opening file for writing: C:\...\ca-bundle.crt

Did I do something wrong already?
  • edited September 2010
    there's something I don't understand... if I *don't* choose a charity before clicking "buy now" does that mean 25% of my purchase will be divided equally between those charities?

Yes. They say something to that effect in the description.
  • edited September 2010
    I'm confused, The twitter says it is both PAA games but someone on the forum says it's not, which is it?
  • edited September 2010
    mateo360 wrote: »
    I'm confused, The twitter says it is both PAA games but someone on the forum says it's not, which is it?

It's only the first episode.
  • edited September 2010
    Well, this is an excellent deal there's no doubt about that. I already own Puzzle Agent and SaM season 2 so it kinda sucks that you can't gift them.
    Keep in mind that the King's Quest collection is 7 brilliant adventure games though, so it's definitely worth $20.
  • edited September 2010
    And I JUST bought PA as well.. gah.
    I'm tempted just for the KQ collection. I already own 7 but it's the windows version and I can't get it running in xp (Anyone have any ideas how to do this? It's freaking annoying)

Of course, I wouldn't go so far as to call them brilliant lol. They're often illogical, unforgiving and at times just plain stupid but despite the frustration (Come on.. Cheese? Seriously.. cheese?) they can be a laugh for the whole "what the HELL game? What.. the hell?"

Don't know what i'd do with the random duplicate copies of PA and S&M though. Bummer we can't just gift em.
    Hmm... $20 is what, £13? Hmmm... dolls or video games? Dolls... or video games?

I think i'm gonna wait a bit till all these bugs are ironed out and things seem a bit... smoother.
  • edited September 2010
    Psy wrote: »
    I believe the *launcher* will always be available for download once you've purchased the product. The games themselves are downloaded through the launcher, and if you uninstall them you can always redownload them from the launcher and reinstall them.

Wait. We're not getting separate install programs? We're getting a launcher that downloads the games? So we can't back up our install programs?

Am I correct? I don't want to download everything again whenever I want to install or reinstall something.
  • edited September 2010
    Foxhack wrote: »
    Wait. We're not getting separate install programs? We're getting a launcher that downloads the games? So we can't back up our install programs?

Am I correct? I don't want to download everything again whenever I want to install or reinstall something.

I just got it to work (had to run as Admin when opening the launcher) and you don't have to download everything. The launcher just lets you download what you want and run it from there. Can't seem to find any launch file for the individual games once they are installed outside of the launcher - which is kinda annoying since I just want to dump them onto my Steam library (any helpful ideas on how to do that?)
  • edited September 2010
    I can't login. :(
  • edited September 2010
    And I JUST bought PA as well.. gah.
    I'm tempted just for the KQ collection. I already own 7 but it's the windows version and I can't get it running in xp (Anyone have any ideas how to do this? It's freaking annoying)

have you tried the compatibility mode because it runs fine here.
  • edited September 2010
    I can log in. I clicked the log in button and it didn't look like anything was happening but when I checked again after a few minutes I was already logged in.
  • edited September 2010
    And I just bought the King's Quest games I was missing the other day on Good Old Games, and Puzzle Agent on my iPod Touch last night. :( The main thing I would be interested in now in that pack is Sam and Max Season 2, and I'm only missing 2 episodes!
  • edited September 2010
    Wait... Sale ends on September the 5th?! Uhmm... Guess S&M and puzzle agent won't be in the bundle... No way it will reach 5000 in just a few hours....
  • edited September 2010
    I've had alot of problems with running KQ 7 in XP as well, running it in compability mode does indeed work fine. Haven't tried with Windows 7 yet though, which I'm currently using.

Another problem I had with KQ 7 is this speed bug. The part where you have to walk a couple of screens with the dynamite; it would always blow up before I even got halfway. Anyone know if this has been resolved here?
  • edited September 2010
    Download is sloooow.... currently downloading The Whispered World. I hope we get Puzzle Agent as well - keep on buying folks! :D
  • edited September 2010
    SubSidal wrote: »
    Wait... Sale ends on September the 5th?! Uhmm... Guess S&M and puzzle agent won't be in the bundle... No way it will reach 5000 in just a few hours....

Sale ends 09.10.2010 (September 10th 2010). But the actual games package will still be available for purchase after that. But if you want it for $20, you only have about a week it looks like.
  • edited September 2010

I found the individual installers on my box at c:\users\<username>\My Documents\Telltale Games\Adventure Bundle (64bit Win7).
  • edited September 2010
    I'd buy it straight off if I didn't have every game (except for the Penny Arcade Episodes). Still a fantastic deal, even without Sam and Max.

I might even buy them again if both Penny Arcade episodes were included.
  • edited September 2010
    Now it says: "You're currently offline. Go online to see all the games in the Adventure Bundle."
  • edited September 2010
    caeska wrote: »
    Another problem I had with KQ 7 is this speed bug. The part where you have to walk a couple of screens with the dynamite; it would always blow up before I even got halfway. Anyone know if this has been resolved here?

I don't think so. For me it even blows up ther moment I picked it up. There are 3 solutions to this problem at the Sierra helpdesk:

http://www.sierrahelp.com/Patches-Updates/Patches-Updates-Games/KingsQuestUpdates.html#KQCollection

I have not tried the patch myself since I used a slowdown-tool for the steamversion (which is surprisingly cheap in the Steam-store for EU-customers.) and I did not buy the adventure-pack.
  • edited September 2010
    Well there are no videos in The Whispered World.
  • SalSal
    edited September 2010
    I'd just like to say that you should give money to charity, guys. It's a good cause for a brighter future! ;)
  • edited September 2010
    Psy wrote: »
    Only Penny Arcade Episode 1 is included. The second episode is not a part of the bundle, it's too complicated to get into here and was a last minute change. Either way, the first one is a great game :D
    Someone (Alan?) may want to note that on your Twitter feed ASAP, or else you may have some disgruntled customers. :(
  • edited September 2010
    I just got it to work (had to run as Admin when opening the launcher) and you don't have to download everything. The launcher just lets you download what you want and run it from there. Can't seem to find any launch file for the individual games once they are installed outside of the launcher - which is kinda annoying since I just want to dump them onto my Steam library (any helpful ideas on how to do that?)
    After you install the games, run Steam, go to your games window and click on "Add a Game". Then choose "Add a non-Steam game...". Steam will scan your hard drive and check for installed software and their shortcuts. Then you just pick what you want to add. Or you can use the Browse feature if it's not listed there.
    DaveJ2002 wrote: »
    I found the individual installers on my box at c:\users\<username>\My Documents\Telltale Games\Adventure Bundle (64bit Win7).

Okay. Could people with other OSes (XP / Vista) please check their hard drives and see where the files are saved to? If I can back up the games I buy (my connection is VERY unstable) this way then I'll bite.
  • edited September 2010
    Installed, but I can't get past the login screen; I keep pressing the button, but nothing happens. Help?

I have the same problem, I uninstalled and tried to download it again, but still nothing happens. Any solution, please?
    Thank you!
  • edited September 2010
    Hi guys - just to clear up some confusion I'm seeing in this thread, the sale ends on September 10. We didn't have time to make an update to the video before we got this thing out to you, so it still reflects an old date for when we were going to be offering the Adventure Bundle. Sorry about that!
  • edited September 2010
    @TTG: You probably should fix the error on the Store page, that states that the bundle is a "$120 Value!" It's only $115.
  • edited September 2010
    Yeah, the Twitter replied to me and said it's both PA episodes. You should probably send out a new Tweet that changes that.
  • edited September 2010
    Edit: works now
  • edited September 2010
    Only 422 bundles sold so far? That's disappointing. At that rate, Puzzle Agent might not be unlocked before this is over. =/
  • edited September 2010
    Archaic wrote: »
    Only 422 bundles sold so far? That's disappointing. At that rate, Puzzle Agent might not be unlocked before this is over. =/

Well, it needs to start circulating on other gaming sites.
  • edited September 2010
    caeska wrote: »
    Sale ends 09.10.2010 (September 10th 2010). But the actual games package will still be available for purchase after that. But if you want it for $20, you only have about a week it looks like.

aw... you americans! 09.10.2010 is october 9th, 2010! :D

(yeah yeah i know..)

Sal wrote: »
    I'd just like to say that you should give money to charity, guys. It's a good cause for a brighter future! ;)

that's why i bought it. own most of the games already, but what the hell... wwf!
  • edited September 2010
    I already have most of those games, but now I get to check out Jack Keane AND get a serious case of the warm fuzzies at the same time! :D
  • edited September 2010
    Well, it needs to start circulating on other gaming sites.

I haven't seen this mentioned anywhere. Most sites are reporting on PAX and little else.
  • edited September 2010
    I haven't seen this mentioned anywhere. Most sites are reporting on PAX and little else.

I worded that wrong. What I meant was:

Everybody, get the word out! Tweet about it! Tip your favorite gaming sites! Like/post it on Facebook! Run around a public place screaming the link! Anything to get more sales!

(NOT joking. Well, maybe with the "run around" thing, but the point still stands.)
  • edited September 2010
    I worded that wrong. What I meant was:

Everybody, get the word out! Tweet about it! Tip your favorite gaming sites! Like/post it on Facebook! Run around a public place screaming the link! Anything to get more sales!

(NOT joking. Well, maybe with the "run around" thing, but the point still stands.)

posted it on steam forums. does that count?
Sign in to comment in this discussion.