Tom Wilson

Comments

• edited December 2010
    Ah...so you're human after all. :P
  • edited December 2010
    Whooops, I missed that, thank you! How can I miss anything in this forum?? Bwaaagh!!

Like I mentioned, to me that sounds like an agent problem, maybe Tom needs to get himself a set of new agents or something.
  • edited December 2010
    But if Tom has told his agents not to accept any Back to the Future related work, then they would have just been doing as instructed by their employer. And given his lack of participation in reunions and Blueray promotion and anniversary celebrations, I think this is a possible reason why word may not have reached him.

A second reach out to the agents is probably on the cards from Telltale (unless their current Biff is contracted in for the season already), but if Tom is willing to participate he needs to find out the actual situation from his agents and be proactive in getting them talking with TTG.
  • edited December 2010
    one stupid question - do we know that Wilson has agents at all? Does he need agents? What if he has gone independent and doing his own managerial jobs?
  • VainamoinenVainamoinen Moderator
    edited December 2010
    If TTG staff members have tried to contact "his reps", we must assume that he's not "gone independent". ;)
  • edited December 2010
    ^
    *phoenix wright soundtrack playing*
  • edited December 2010
    one stupid question - do we know that Wilson has agents at all? Does he need agents? What if he has gone independent and doing his own managerial jobs?

Last I checked, his website and some of his videos listed contact info for his manager.

It'd be weird for an entertainment professional to just decide to stop having an agent or manager, since a good part of their purpose is to handle the business negotiations so the talent only has to worry about the creative work. If Tom had gotten rid of his agents and managers, he would spend a lot less time acting or writing standup material, and a lot more time booking gigs and negotiating prices.

Then again, maybe some actors ENJOY doing the negotiating themselves.
  • edited December 2010
    Bad news: Tom Wilson is confirmed to not voice Biff.
    Good news: He's being voiced by Andrew "Kid Beyond" Chaikin, who I feel can pull off a decent impression.
  • edited December 2010
    ^
    Hmm....the voice for Biff is the first voice that doesn't sit well with me.
    I think he sounds too heavy as 'kiss up' Bill. Maybe they could digitally alter it a bit?
    Raise the voicepitch?

Ahh well...you can't win 'em all. Character design however, is great!

I think the ones for George and Young Doc Brown are great though. Even better than great.
  • edited December 2010
    Yeah, I'm sad not to hear Tom, and the sample wasn't a dead-on imitation...but Andrew's a great actor, and I'm sure the performance will be wonderful.
  • edited December 2010
    Pretty sad that Tom Wilson is not involved, even more after hearing those samples on the website, they feel like they're missing something, James Arnold Taylor does a great job at mimicking Lloyds mannerisms though.
  • edited December 2010
    I still hope it's a big stunt by TellTale with a surprise reveal that Tom DOES the voice.
  • edited December 2010
    Origami wrote: »
    I still hope it's a big stunt by TellTale with a surprise reveal that Tom DOES the voice.

I wouldn't cling too hard to that hope if I were you.

Best we can hope for is another Earl Boen situation, and even that's only a slight possibility. (Though it wouldn't be the first time Andrew got replaced partway through a season!)
  • edited December 2010
    well that pretty much destroys all excitement I had for this game. Biff is my favourite character, and the new voice actor isn't promising in the slightest.

The voice actor can't even say 'butthead' right, even I can do a better impression.

This just ruins it for me... I didn't expect them to get Tom Wilson, however I expected a promising voice actor like AJ.

This guy sounds nothing like him...

(I know I'm getting too melodramatic and jumping to conclusions on a few voice clips, I'm just bumbed out over this)
  • edited December 2010
    I am disappointed to hear that Wilson is not doing the voice, but then of course, that's the kinda thing that happens when you have to go threw an agent instead of talking directly with the person. :rolleyes:

All I can hope is that the sound alike is like AJ and can pull off a decent impersonation, though after reading some of the comments....
  • edited December 2010
    well that pretty much destroys all excitement I had for this game. Biff is my favourite character, and the new voice actor isn't promising in the slightest.

The voice actor can't even say 'butthead' right, even I can do a better impression.

This just ruins it for me... I didn't expect them to get Tom Wilson, however I expected a promising voice actor like AJ.

This guy sounds nothing like him...

(I know I'm getting too melodramatic and jumping to conclusions on a few voice clips, I'm just bumbed out over this)

Just to say if I came across nasty towards the voice actor...

Mean no disrespect to the new voice actor, I just don't think he is promising for THIS role. I'm sure the game will be great and it seems like present biff plays a big role like in the second movie (which is my fav) just sad they couldn't get Tom.
  • edited December 2010
    Actually after listening over the voice clips again I think this new voice can at least do a good impression of the 'suck-up, pushover' side of present time-altered Biff, although still not so sure about doing angry Biff.

Still hate how he says butthead compared to...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RklmmDeH6g8
  • edited December 2010
    Ya, I'm not super impressed with the guy doing Biff's voice. No offense, he just seems to be a bit off.

Not a deal breaker for me, but unfortunate never the less.
  • edited December 2010
    Just wondering, where is everyone hearing this person doing Biff's voice?
  • edited December 2010
    www.telltalegames.com/bttf

get on there son!
  • edited December 2010
    Nostalgia is probably the problem here for me. I think I'll warm up to this new voice.

Just glad they told us now and and given us samples of the new voice to get used to before the game comes out.
  • edited December 2010
    I personally think he sounds like Biff in the first part of the line "You're lucky your old man's here" but he just can't get the "butthead" part right...it's higher pitched when Tom Wilson says it. He does however sound like the 1985 whiny Biff.
  • edited December 2010
    Sadly "Butthead" is the crucial part of that line,lol. I wish Tom Wilson would've done this game at least...it will probably be the last new Back to the Future story we will get.
  • edited December 2010
    mcfly88 wrote: »
    www.telltalegames.com/bttf

get on there son!

Ah, I thought that you were directing me to a video on the front page, but I see that they updated the bar on the top where all the "coming soon" stuff has been fixed.
  • edited December 2010
    It is kind of disheartening to me when I consider the fact that Christopher Lloyd is the only actor that has actually gotten on board so far (as we know). However, I'm extremely pleased with AJ's Marty as well as the guy who is doing George (since Crispin Glover wasn't even a possibility). Still, it seems sad that so few of them will be involved. Thank God Telltale is making this game or I probably would've lost faith by now.
  • edited December 2010
    Maybe James Tolkan will reprise Mr. Strickland! He was probably alive in the 30's. Maybe his Dad is a authority figure in the 30's since he was the son of Marshall Strickland in the old west...just wishful thinking lol.
  • edited December 2010
    Spykes wrote: »
    Ya, I'm not super impressed with the guy doing Biff's voice. No offense, he just seems to be a bit off.

Not a deal breaker for me, but unfortunate never the less.
    This is pretty much exactly how I feel about the new Biff voice. The problem, I think, is that all three sound clips are of "Wimpy Biff" (even the butthead line), which is the Biff we saw least in the movies. If we could hear some lines of "Bully Biff", I'd be able to make a better assessment. But, for now, I'm putting down the "Wimpy Biff" voice as "just OK".
    Just glad they told us now and and given us samples of the new voice to get used to before the game comes out.
    Me too. The more I listen to it, the more I'll be able to get used to it before I play the game. I'm still clinging to the hope that Telltale will be able to get Tom Wilson for the later episodes somehow, though. I wouldn't even mind if they brought him in after the series to re-record the whole thing for the DVD (no offense to Andrew Chaikin, who I'm sure would still get paid :p).
  • edited December 2010
    As far as I know, this is the first time someone other than Tom Wilson has played Biff. He did it for the ride (that was Universal Orlando's best attraction in my opinion), and he voiced the cartoon. Maybe he will get jealous and burst into the studio saying "What are you lookin' at butthead? No one can voice this character but me." lol :D
  • edited December 2010
    ^
    We can only hope.

I have a feeling though that if Kid Beyond guy turns out to be Biff(I still suspect a surprise appearance from Tom Wilson) his voice clips haven't gone through the sound machine yet.
  • edited December 2010
    Telltale,

This is from a concerned fan who just saw the bio for Biff on the BTTF website. I am very concerned this voice actor, who is not Thomas Wilson, will be able to convey the "Bully Biff". His use of the word "butthead" just didn't do it for me.

Why couldn't Thomas Wilson be used?

Also, it would be great if you could post a sound clip of Biff acting like a bully and using the word "butthead" that would respect the spirit of Back to the Future to show us that this Kid Beyond can do Biff justice.

Keep up the Good Work!
  • edited December 2010
    I seriously doubt your theory of Telltale faking us out. However, the fact that Wilson said he was never contacted when we have confirmation from Telltale that at least his representatives had been contacted is really strange to me and leads me to believe that we might see an Earl Boen situation when they finally get everything worked out. Also, the Biff concept art appears to use Wilson's likeness. It seems weird that they would have had enough contact with Tom to get the rights to his likeness but yet he insists he never was contacted...there's a lot about this that is extremely confusing...
  • edited December 2010
    I feel like the Biff sound clips are too short to get a real sense of the character. I look forward to meeting him in the game and hearing him talk a bit more.
  • edited December 2010
    Ya, I'm actually already warming to the Biff voice a bit. I agree with the poster who said that the "wimpy" Biff voice didn't impress me, but the "bully" voice (the butthead clip) sounded better on repeat plays.

Again, it's not a huge deal to me, it's close enough that I can let it slide. I'm still just happy we're getting new BttF stories like this.
  • edited December 2010
    Yeah, It's all confusing. They haven't mentioned a word openly about Tom Wilson, but revealed more than once that Michael J. Fox wouldn't be the voice for Marty. It doesn't make sense..This is right up Tom Wilson's alley, he does voices all the time. I would think he'd be glad to do this (yes i've seen the question song don't post it as a response to this, please). The only thing he's unhappy with is people badgering him all the time about the role asking him the same questions. Anyway, first he's supposedly not contacted, then concept art is revealed that has the complete likeness of him? Idk..
  • edited December 2010
    Maybe instead of asking Tom 10 times if they contacted him someone should ask if he would even consider wanting to do it. Personally (no offence to the voice actor) but the current VA doesnt sound close enough. certainly not now we've all heard AJ and the george voice. But it will have to do if Tom doesnt want to do it. Though I understand. There's only so many times you can hear " Hey, butthead." or " Hello, Mcflly" till you get completely sick of it all.
  • edited December 2010
    Origami wrote: »
    ^
    We can only hope.

I have a feeling though that if Kid Beyond guy turns out to be Biff(I still suspect a surprise appearance from Tom Wilson) his voice clips haven't gone through the sound machine yet.

Kid Beyond is playing Biff.
  • edited December 2010
    Kid Beyond is awesome.
  • edited December 2010
    Kid beyond does amazing beat boxing.
  • edited December 2010
    backtothefuture2_15.jpg
  • edited December 2010
    xChri5x wrote: »
    backtothefuture2_15.jpg

Chri5, go and listen to the voice work he has done on the game page.

He sounds dead on, and he has done voice work for a ton of games already.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.