Tom Wilson

123457»

Comments

• WinWin
    edited January 2011
    Wow...I just read some Forums I overlooked. Sorry ...."Thats a shame that he does not wish to revise his role." Im sorry for bringing up this Forum. "Tom Wilson would have been great, and he will be missed." "Gosh I sound like he died".......
  • VainamoinenVainamoinen Moderator
    edited March 2011
    ...incredible. It's been almost five months and Tom hasn't posted anything on his blog since October 28, 2010. Is he that shamed by how the whole BTTF thing went?? ;)
  • edited March 2011
    It is a huge shame, that things went the way they did.

It would have been great to have Tom Wilson there, as Kid Beyond just doesn't really have what it takes to nail it at least from what I heard while playing eps 1 & 2.
  • edited March 2011
    Yeah, whenever I hear Kid or Biff I really don't believe it's them.
  • edited March 2011
    I was under the impression that Wilson doesn't like being associated with this role. (probably because its the role he will be remembered for the most, and he played a mean character).
  • edited March 2011
    ...incredible. It's been almost five months and Tom hasn't posted anything on his blog since October 28, 2010. Is he that shamed by how the whole BTTF thing went?? ;)

Or, like most bloggers, he's too distracted by Twitter to write a longer post. :P
  • edited April 2011
    So, I was playing through Citizen Brown, and at the part where Biff has Marty in a headlock, a particular line from Edna caught my attention.

"Oh dear, Mr. Wilson, you have been a naughty boy."
    edited July 2011
    Tom Wilson just killed his blog. :(

http://tomwilsonusa.blogspot.com/
    edited September 2011
    More Tom Wilson news. Apparently, there's a new Wing Commander game in the works (that seems to be pretty sure), and Wilson has been named as participating (that is more of a rumor part ;) ). We'll see where this leads. The actors of WCIII and WCIV are a little old now for the pilot part, and Maniac as a pilot instructor... well... I'm not sure.
  • edited September 2011
    New Wing Commander? Seriously?

That's awesome, never thought I'd see the day when they'd do another or another Space game!
  • edited September 2011
    I think this just made my day!
  • edited September 2011
    I have my reservations about another Wing Commander getting made by EA now that Origin no longer exists. But we'll see, maybe it will be good.

Wing Commander 3 also just released on GOG.com, if you want to get your Tom Wilson-as-Maniac-fix there instead.
    edited September 2011
    Here's the article: http://www.wcnews.com/news/4346
  • edited September 2011
    Scnew wrote: »
    I have my reservations about another Wing Commander getting made by EA now that Origin no longer exists. But we'll see, maybe it will be good.

Wing Commander 3 also just released on GOG.com, if you want to get your Tom Wilson-as-Maniac-fix there instead.

I own 1-4.
  • edited September 2011
    Also:
    August 25, Tom Wilson posted: "I did a voice over session for a project so secret that they made me sign a form, and shredded my script right after. Disregard this tweet." We were able to contact Wilson, who denied involvement in a Wing Commander project: "It's not happening. Rumor strongly denied."
    edited September 2011
    Bad news - well, at least on Wilson's involvement. :D
  • edited September 2011

Why would he admit to doing it if it's a secret project?
    edited September 2011
    Admitting is one thing, explicitly saying it's not the case is another. Those are the rules. He doesn't want to be caught with a lie. ;)
  • edited November 2011
    FYI Tom Wilson's stand up special is on Netflix instant steam...

http://movies.netflix.com/WiSearch?v1=Tom%20Wilson%3A%20Bigger%20than%20You&oq=tom%20wils&ac_posn=1
  • edited November 2011
    I think they should get him for a season 2 or I wont buy it :p
    edited November 2011
    Oh, that is so over. Even if the communication might work better than last time (how could it not?), Wilson has since intensified his stance on all things Biff. He doesn't even sign pictures with the character any more. :(
  • edited November 2011
    Tom has a new podcast on the Nerdist network!

First episode is out, featuring a somewhat-BTTF-related story of the Universal Orlando opening. The man's a fun storyteller.
  • edited November 2011
    yoman45135 wrote: »
    I think they should get him for a season 2 or I wont buy it :p

I wouldn't hold your breath; he's really trying to distance himself from the series.
  • edited November 2011
    The second episode of Tom's podcast is out, with special guest Marc "Dave McFly/Jimmy Olsen" McClure!

Once you get past the rather heavy stuff about Marc's troubled past, they talk a little BTTF, and a lot of Superman. Very fun chat.
  • edited November 2011
    I'm not sure what to believe on his stance.. he certainly sounds honest about not being bitter or extremely bothered about it in this interview:

http://www.freejohnnydare.com/fjd/2010/10/interview-tom-wilson-actorcomedian-live-in-studio-10-7-10/

Fast forward to 5:40 in the audio to hear him explain his view (which seems to be he just doesn't know what to say about it anymore, he's said a lot over the years)

Then again on the other hand, he seems to act like he wasn't invited or contacted about the Blu-ray release that year either (earlier in the audio).

At any rate, just wanted to throw this out there for food for thought.

Always thought it was disappointing that he didn't participate in this project, seeing as he has quite the voice acting career (ie. Spongebob, Gargoyles, Wing Commander Academy, etc).
  • edited November 2011
    Seether wrote: »
    Then again on the other hand, he seems to act like he wasn't invited or contacted about the Blu-ray release that year either (earlier in the audio).

Hmm, the his-agent-is-hiding-all-BTTF-related-requests-from-him conspiracy theory is really sounding more and more plausible. :P

Anyway! Part two of Tom's chat with McClure is here, with more BTTF stories!
  • edited December 2011
    I wouldn't hold your breath; he's really trying to distant himself from the series.

Well he does make a lot of refrences to the back to the future films so I will hold my breath :p
  • edited December 2011
    yoman45135 wrote: »
    Well he does make a lot of refrences to the back to the future films so I will hold my breath :p

No correction to my unforgivable spelling error? Yoman, I'm impressed with you.
    edited April 2013
    Sorry for the massive thread necro - but has anyone of you guys read Wilson's new ebook, "The Masked Man"? I'm halfway through it, it really is a good read, and although the memoir is a fictionalized one, it seems pretty clear where fiction ends and Wilson's memoir starts.

But man, that guy has some shit to hurl at people. You'd think that Crispin Glover would get the brunt of his anger - but he's portrayed more as the disturbed young actor he was back in 1984. The assholes in Wilson's life seemed to have been guys like Robin Williams and Eric Stoltz (!).

The book does shed a lot of light on and in fact is mostly about his battle with the pop icon fame - and could maybe even provide a hint or two as to why he would never have taken up the role again for the game.
  • edited May 2013
    Is there only a Kindle version of it available? I don't have a Kindle...
    edited May 2013
    Ohhhh shoot, there's certainly no 'book' release. ebook only. :( :(

Still, it's on itunes:
    https://itunes.apple.com/de/book/the-masked-man/id571568528?mt=11 (way cheaper than Amazon)
    And I found this US Sony store, which probably limits your accessibility:
    https://ebookstore.sony.com/ebook/tom-wilson/the-masked-man/_/R-400000000000000866009
    Another option hopefully:
    http://www.kobobooks.com/ebook/The-Masked-Man-Memoir-And/book-OMtKuodwBkewd-GS1WBKjg/page1.html
  • Sorry for the massive thread necro - but has anyone of you guys read Wilson's new ebook, "The Masked Man"? I'm halfway through it, it really is a good read, and although the memoir is a fictionalized one, it seems pretty clear where fiction ends and Wilson's memoir starts.

But man, that guy has some shit to hurl at people. You'd think that Crispin Glover would get the brunt of his anger - but he's portrayed more as the disturbed young actor he was back in 1984. The assholes in Wilson's life seemed to have been guys like Robin Williams and Eric Stoltz (!).

The book does shed a lot of light on and in fact is mostly about his battle with the pop icon fame - and could maybe even provide a hint or two as to why he would never have taken up the role again for the game.

according to wilson on a radio show, Stoltz was overly physical in the cafeteria scene (Marty and Biff shoving each other) so much so Wilson was ready to hit him. He also thinks that it may have been Stoltz fist punching Biff which made it into the final film. Seems he went way overboard on his 'method' acting. Thats quite the contrast from the scenes with michael J fox which many indicated Wilson would apologize to MJF on how badly Biff treated Marty.
  • edited May 2013
    Ohhhh shoot, there's certainly no 'book' release. ebook only. :( :(

Still, it's on itunes:
    https://itunes.apple.com/de/book/the-masked-man/id571568528?mt=11 (way cheaper than Amazon)
    And I found this US Sony store, which probably limits your accessibility:
    https://ebookstore.sony.com/ebook/tom-wilson/the-masked-man/_/R-400000000000000866009
    Another option hopefully:
    http://www.kobobooks.com/ebook/The-Masked-Man-Memoir-And/book-OMtKuodwBkewd-GS1WBKjg/page1.html

I just realized, I CAN read kindle books on pretty much all other devices too (I have an Android tablet). Bought :)
  • edited August 2013
    He's probably sick of people telling him to "make like a tree and get outta here" for 30 years. lol
Sign in to comment in this discussion.