Back to the Future Platform Discussion

Comments

• edited November 2010
    Hangman522 wrote: »
    I'm really getting sick of no telltale on the 360. It's got a much bigger fan base and install base on it so I don't know why they won't put their stuff there.

I answered this just a few posts ago. Long story short, WiiWare and XBLA aren't as friendly to Telltale's episodic format as PSN is.

(Any ETA for the Wii version of Puzzle Agent, by the way?)
  • edited November 2010
    I answered this just a few posts ago. Long story short, WiiWare and XBLA aren't as friendly to Telltale's episodic format as PSN is.

(Any ETA for the Wii version of Puzzle Agent, by the way?)
    well, I think I finally gave up hope for BTTF on XBLA..so I going to stick with PC then, I have one small question though..back in September of '09 I bought a New Computer but never used it, if I post the Stats, can somone please tell me if it's pwoerfun enough to play the BTTF game? I mean I haven't opened it yet, it is brand new but bought on 09 and this is 10 making it a yeara nd 2 months old.. here are the stats:

Intel® Pentium® dual-core processor E5700
    Features 2 processing cores, 2MB cache and 3.0GHz processor speed.
    Intel® Pentium® processor
    Features classic 2-way processing performance, letting you run multiple applications simultaneously, so you can browse, send instant messages, download music and transfer photos all at once.
    6GB DDR3 memory
    For multitasking power, expandable to 8GB.
    Multiformat DVD±RW/CD-RW drive with double-layer support
    Records up to 8.5GB of data or 4 hours of video using compatible DVD+R DL and DVD-R DL media; also supports DVD-RAM.
    1TB Serial ATA hard drive
    For fast read/write times.
    Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator X4500HD
    For lush images. HDMI port for flexible connectivity.
    Multi-in-1 digital media reader
    Supports CompactFlash I/II, Microdrive, Secure Digital, MultiMediaCard, Reduced-Size MultiMediaCard, xD-Picture Card, Memory Stick and Memory Stick PRO formats.
    9 high-speed USB 2.0 ports
    For fast digital video, audio and data transfer; 1 eSATA port.
    Built-in 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet LAN with RJ-45 connector
    For quick and easy wired Web connection.
    Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium Edition 64-bit operating system preinstalled
    Provides a stable computing platform.
    Best Buy pc app
    Your one-stop shop for digital software, games and more! Learn more.
    Software package included
    With Adobe Acrobat Reader, Adobe Flash, Cyberlink PowerDVD and more. Microsoft Office Starter 2010 also included (product key card required for activation; sold separately).
    Intel, Pentium, Celeron, Centrino, Core, Viiv, Intel Inside and the Intel Inside logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Intel Corporation or its subsidiaries in the United States and other countries.
  • VainamoinenVainamoinen Moderator
    edited November 2010
    Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator X4500HD

docbrown2015, that IS still quite an impressive system. But it's always the on-board graphics instead of actual Nvidia/ATI graphic cards that might cause problems (many gaming companies refuse to support on-board graphics because of this). I really hope that you'll get an official statement from TTG wether you're all set with this system. I hope you are! Did you try the Season 3 Sam & Max demo with this computer?

I'm really getting sick of no telltale on the 360. It's got a much bigger fan base and install base on it so I don't know why they won't put their stuff there.

No one knows. Could be more expensive, could be TTG engine restrictions, could be certain exclusivity deals, whatever. However, the bigger the fanbase, the bigger the possibility of future 360 releases (and translations of the games, come to think of it ;) ). I'm still hoping, and I don't even own a 360. :D
  • edited November 2010

Where are you getting your figures from, or are you just talking about North America?

Xbox 360 – 44.6 million as of 30 September 2010
    PlayStation 3 – 41.6 million as of 30 September 2010

And how many of this Xboxes are out of warranty RRD replacements?

Don't get me wrong, I'm not a PS3 fanboy as I have, use and love both consoles but the difference in Worldwide sales doesn't say "Much bigger" to me.
  • edited November 2010
    Yeah but I think the "no localisation" thingy is probably aiming at english speakers at first ^^.

Though that doesn't mean Xbox only is important in America ...
  • edited November 2010
    docbrown2015, that IS still quite an impressive system. But it's always the on-board graphics instead of actual Nvidia/ATI graphic cards that might cause problems (many gaming companies refuse to support on-board graphics because of this). I really hope that you'll get an official statement from TTG wether you're all set with this system. I hope you are! Did you try the Season 3 Sam & Max demo with this computer?
    No not yet i'm connecting it next week, my original computer i'm using now is not going to be able to play the game in anyway I think, it's from 2002.
  • edited November 2010
    Yes, PLEASE. Our Wii YEARNS for this sucker. Not because it's nuclear ... just well, because we have that one & at least there are no sys. req's for it on a console. U got the console, it plays! :-D
  • edited November 2010
    Like monkey island and sam and max, shall back to the future be on ps3? I hope so since my pc can't run games very well at all. (poker has to be in 3 under quality and still chops up)
  • edited November 2010
    Yep, it will.
  • edited November 2010
    Sometime after the actual release, by which I mean DO NOT PREORDER! The preorder is for the PC/Mac version ONLY. Makes me sad, cause I'd love to preorder just because it helps the Michael J Fox Parkinson's Foundation. :(
  • edited November 2010
    will the back to the future game be on xbox 360?
    it look like a great game.
    :confused:
  • edited November 2010
    will the back to the future game be on xbox 360?
    it look like a great game.
    :confused:

Methinks I need to edit my original post again.

It won't be on the Xbox 360.
  • edited November 2010
    :)
    jp-30 wrote: »
    They tend to mix their consoles up on different games. I'm guessing Xbox360 instead of PS3 for Jurassic Park.

And hopefully announcements of bundled Wii disc versions once the final episodes launch.

i hope your right
  • edited November 2010
    They tend to mix their consoles up on different games. I'm guessing Xbox360 instead of PS3 for Jurassic Park.

That's completely stupid.

They're not "choosing" anything over anything. They just can't because of the Xbox live's shitty policy (that so many developpers blame).

Si if there is no BTTF on 360 there won't be a Jurassic Park on 360. Just hope they can get them both on 360 in the future.

But in no way they're going to ditch the ps3, since they changed the whole gameplay of their game to be more console friendly, and it makes much more people aware of the game.
  • edited November 2010
    Where are you getting your figures from, or are you just talking about North America?

Xbox 360 – 44.6 million as of 30 September 2010
    PlayStation 3 – 41.6 million as of 30 September 2010

And how many of this Xboxes are out of warranty RRD replacements?

Don't get me wrong, I'm not a PS3 fanboy as I have, use and love both consoles but the difference in Worldwide sales doesn't say "Much bigger" to me.

Every multi-platform game sells better on 360 than PS3, also arcade titles on the xbox 360 have better sale numbers than PSN games. Plus the fact that Xbox Live is a much more robust online service than the PSN. I own both and love both the PS3 and XBOX 360 but I just prefer the controller on 360 and the fact that even though I pay for my online service it's miles better than the PSN, which is terrible.
  • edited November 2010
    Every multi-platform game sells better on 360 than PS3, also arcade titles on the xbox 360 have better sale numbers than PSN games. Plus the fact that Xbox Live is a much more robust online service than the PSN. I own both and love both the PS3 and XBOX 360 but I just prefer the controller on 360 and the fact that even though I pay for my online service it's miles better than the PSN, which is terrible.

Depends which kind of games...

And unfortunately, when it's anything else than shooters or FPS, it's doing pretty bad on 360 ... Even titles like Alan Wake didn't get support from Microsoft.

As for the Xbox live, it's a real pain for the indie devs. And I also have and love both.
  • edited November 2010
    Strayth wrote: »
    Depends which kind of games...

And unfortunately, when it's anything else than shooters or FPS, it's doing pretty bad on 360 ... Even titles like Alan Wake didn't get support from Microsoft.

As for the Xbox live, it's a real pain for the indie devs. And I also have and love both.

I agree the 360 needs more non shooter games, but Alan Wake got plenty of support and still is seeing as it's in the holiday bundle. The problem with it was that it came out the same day as Red Dead Redemption. Which sold more on the 360, just like GTA did. And if DeathSpank and S&M can come out on 360 I really see no reason for TellTale to not put out BTTF, TOMI, and Jurassic Park out on XBLA.
  • edited November 2010
    I agree the 360 needs more non shooter games, but Alan Wake got plenty of support and still is seeing as it's in the holiday bundle. The problem with it was that it came out the same day as Red Dead Redemption. Which sold more on the 360, just like GTA did.

Well it didn't have much advertising ! Look at how they promoted Halo Reach or Gears of Wars !! Alan Wake was nowhere near that :/ ...

Red dead didn't help, indeed. But look at all the games that sold well since october : Halo Reach, Fable 3, Gran turismo 5, Call of Duty black ops, Assassin's creed Brotherhood.

Then you get smaller games that also did "good" : Naruto storm 2, Castelvania.

It's a lot don't you think ? Just because there was ONE game coming out at the same time, even if many people bought it, can't explain the problem in my opinion ;) .

Shooters and Rockstar games sell very well on 360 only because it's the most widespread console in the USA, which is the first target audience for those kind of games.

That doesn't mean it does bad on the ps3 (especially for a console that is really far behind in the Us, due to coming out one year after and having a horrible debut). But original games tend to sell better on PS3 (japanese games for instance, or games like Heavy Rain).

But indeed, a 'back to the future' game with no language outside of english, it's pretty much targeting the USA for now.

The only logical explaination is that something changed or that they didn't like something with Microsoft's policy (many developpers complain about it) and decided to try out the PSN ? Since the games that are on 360 ARE NOT on ps3 . (well the reason is that they're making their games designed for consoles now, to be joypad friendly, so it would seem to go "backward" to release Pc-designed games now)

I mean, you're expecting the PS3 games to go on 360, but obviously the ps3 won't get the 360 ones so, that logic is kinda flawed, in my opinion.

Maybe they can just release their games on 360 as a whole now. So let's wait and see. ;)
  • edited November 2010
    The only logical explaination is that something changed or that they didn't like something with Microsoft's policy (many developpers complain about it) and decided to try out the PSN ? Since the games that are on 360 ARE NOT on ps3 . (well the reason is that they're making their games designed for consoles now, to be joypad friendly, so it would seem to go "backward" to release Pc-designed games now)

I mean, you're expecting the PS3 games to go on 360, but obviously the ps3 won't get the 360 ones so, that logic is kinda flawed, in my opinion.

Maybe they can just release their games on 360 as a whole now. So let's wait and see. ;)

I think Telltale is trying to avoid the 360 because releasing Wallace and Gromit's Grand Adventures for XBLA was a bad experience. Let's look at the Wallace and Gromit release dates according to GameFAQs, shall we? (The year for all of this is 2009.)

Episode 1 came out on the PC on March 24th.
    Episode 2 came out on the PC on May 5th.
    Episode 1 came out on the Xbox 360 on May 27th, two months after Episode 1 came out on the PC, and over three weeks after Episode 2.
    Episode 3 came out on the PC on June 16th.
    Episode 4 came out on the PC on July 29th.
    Episodes 2, 3, and 4 all come out on the Xbox 360 on November 4th, over five months after the first episode was released for the 360, and over three months after the entire series finished on the PC.

Those are some awful delays, and when Telltale prides themselves on promising (and delivering) monthly episodes, they don't want something like that on their reputation. Meanwhile, with The Devil's Playhouse on the PS3 each episode came out, at worst, 1-2 days after its PC/Mac counterpart.

Also, since the PS3 seems to have become Telltale's favorite console, it looks like they're trying to bring their library onto it. In addition to TDP and BttF, they ported Monkey Island to the PS3 later on, and since the Poker Night voice files have clips of Strong Bad saying tutorial lines with stuff like "use the Triangle button", it seems they might bring SBCG4AP to the PS3 too. If they bring the first two Sam and Max seasons to the PS3, I won't be surprised at all. Hell, the only reason they probably won't bring Wallace and Gromit to it is because they lost the license.
  • edited December 2010
    I registered just to express my disappointment after seeing the trailer on television. The fact that the Xbox360 is being ignored is terrible. And lame excuses about it being difficult to certify are ridiculous. Why would a company spend a huge amount of cash to license a property like BttF and then ignore a huge portion downloadable game market? Cause it's hard? Because of delays? Ridiculous. I think the buckets of cash are worth the headaches gentlemen. I was really looking forward to this game but count me out. Apparently my money, and the money of millions of other Xbox owners, isn't worth the hassle. Countless BttF fans are getting left out in the cold. Whatever. Just don't expect us to ever by a game from you again.
  • edited December 2010
    Lolz
  • edited December 2010
    $$$Burt$$$ wrote: »
    I registered just to express my disappointment after seeing the trailer on television. The fact that the Xbox360 is being ignored is terrible. And lame excuses about it being difficult to certify are ridiculous. Why would a company spend a huge amount of cash to license a property like BttF and then ignore a huge portion downloadable game market? Cause it's hard? Because of delays? Ridiculous. I think the buckets of cash are worth the headaches gentlemen. I was really looking forward to this game but count me out. Apparently my money, and the money of millions of other Xbox owners, isn't worth the hassle. Countless BttF fans are getting left out in the cold. Whatever. Just don't expect us to ever by a game from you again.

So you're just disappointed by it not being on the XBox, not that the game doesn't look great. I can live with that.

It's going to be on plenty of systems, it's not like anyone will be left out in the cold. Chances are that you'll be able to play the game on the very computer you made that angry post since TellTale games aren't super graphics intensive. There is also the fact that a majority of XBox owners likely are also PS3 owners. It's not mutually exclusive that if you own a XBox you can't own a PS3.
  • edited December 2010
    This is probably obvious to most but since it's not clear on the order page I though I'd ask...

If I preorder BTTF is that for download on PC only, or does it allow a download code for PSN (either insted or as well as)?
  • edited December 2010
    Yeah, I had more or less the same question about the iPad Version.
    If I preorder BTTF now, do I get all the Versions? Or only PC?
  • VainamoinenVainamoinen Moderator
    edited December 2010
    $$$Burt$$$ wrote: »
    And lame excuses about it being difficult to certify are ridiculous. Why would a company spend a huge amount of cash to license a property like BttF and then ignore a huge portion downloadable game market? Cause it's hard? Because of delays? Ridiculous. I think the buckets of cash are worth the headaches gentlemen.

If TTG thought that they could make more money, instantly, by releasing BTTF on 360 AND saw any possible way to make it real with only a slight delay - what exactly do you assume to be the reason that it does not happen?

a) stupidity or
    b) lazyness ?

Because I really couldn't think of a reason (c). :D

If it's ever possible, they'll do it.
  • edited December 2010
    ScheffK0ch wrote: »
    Yeah, I had more or less the same question about the iPad Version.
    If I preorder BTTF now, do I get all the Versions? Or only PC?

Pre-ordering BttF off the Telltale Store will get you the PC and Mac versions. (When it comes out, your "My Games" page will have "PC Download" and "Mac Download" buttons next to the episodes, so you can download the right version for your computer.)

If you want the PS3 version, you'll have to get it off PSN.
  • edited December 2010
    I don't get why its not getting a 360 release, that's just asinine IMO.

I'll probably be getting it on the PC, but still, no 360 release?

son_i_am_disappoint_trollcat.jpg

Also, I have to address this.
    There is also the fact that a majority of XBox owners likely are also PS3 owners. It's not mutually exclusive that if you own a XBox you can't own a PS3

I don't own a PS3, but not for monetary reasons, but for the fact that Sony won't make their current PS3's PS2 backwards compatible, so yeah.
  • edited December 2010
    Ashki wrote: »
    I don't get why its not getting a 360 release, that's just asinine IMO.
    It's already been explained why they're not doing an episodic 360 release:

http://www.telltalegames.com/forums/showpost.php?p=401462&postcount=77
    http://www.telltalegames.com/forums/showpost.php?p=409741&postcount=100

It's still possible that it may get a 360 release after the season.
  • edited December 2010
    markeres wrote: »
    It's already been explained why they're not doing an episodic 360 release:

http://www.telltalegames.com/forums/showpost.php?p=401462&postcount=77
    http://www.telltalegames.com/forums/showpost.php?p=409741&postcount=100

It's still possible that it may get a 360 release after the season.

I saw that, doesn't mean I have to like it though.
  • edited December 2010
    I don't own a PS3, but not for monetary reasons, but for the fact that Sony won't make their current PS3's PS2 backwards compatible, so yeah.

Seems a sad reason to protest. You're missing out on a lot of very awesome games just because you can't stand you can't play the old ones anymore. Don't be so hard on yourself. :)

Admittingly I would've liked the PS3 to be backwards compatible too so I can store my PS2. But reality is that I hardly play any games of my vast ps2 game collection. It's mostly collecting dust. I have like 10 games(most of hem being JRPG's) still in their sealing. :(
    (But bought off Ebay for a cheaper price ofcourse)

And the PS3 library makes up for it. Uncharted 2 is one of the best things that has happened to me. Yeah I know it sounds sad.
  • edited December 2010
    Origami wrote: »
    Seems a sad reason to protest. You're missing out on a lot of very awesome games just because you can't stand you can't play the old ones anymore. Don't be so hard on yourself. :)

Admittingly I would've liked the PS3 to be backwards compatible too so I can store my PS2. But reality is that I hardly play any games of my vast ps2 game collection. It's mostly collecting dust. I have like 10 games(most of hem being JRPG's) still in their sealing. :(
    (But bought off Ebay for a cheaper price ofcourse)

And the PS3 library makes up for it. Uncharted 2 is one of the best things that has happened to me. Yeah I know it sounds sad.

I will admit, I want to play ModNation Racers and a few other deals, but as I said, with the lack of PS2 BC, it's not happening and it's disappoint, cause that was the only time the Smackdown games were any good, now they're just crap, and I can't play my Kingdom Hearts game either due to no PS2 BC.
  • edited December 2010
    ^
    Where is your PS2?
  • edited December 2010
    Origami wrote: »
    ^
    Where is your PS2?

Dead, pretty much dead.
  • edited December 2010
    I saw that, doesn't mean I have to like it though.

It also doesn't mean they can do anything about it.

If they could they would. They don't, thus they can't. Blame Microsoft, not Telltale.
  • edited December 2010
    It also doesn't mean they can do anything about it.

If they could they would. They don't, thus they can't. Blame Microsoft, not Telltale.

Trust me, I have beef with Microsoft already, related to another game, but I still don't have to like the fact that the game's not coming out on my preferred console.

I don't mind playing on the PC, but to be honest, I'd rather see the game on my TV.
  • edited December 2010
    Trust me, I have beef with Microsoft already, related to another game, but I still don't have to like the fact that the game's not coming out on my preferred console.

I don't mind playing on the PC, but to be honest, I'd rather see the game on my TV.

I know it sucks. I have both PS3 and 360 so I'm glad it's out on at least one of them, since I also prefer to play it on big screen on my couch, rather than in front of my computer screen.

But it's not Telltale's fault. But maybe they'll be able to release it as a full game of some sort ?
  • edited December 2010
    I know it sucks. I have both PS3 and 360 so I'm glad it's out on at least one of them, since I also prefer to play it on big screen on my couch, rather than in front of my computer screen.

But it's not Telltale's fault. But maybe they'll be able to release it as a full game of some sort ?

I can hope, but I read on another part of the forum that if they do do that it'd be after the series is done....yeah, I'm not waiting that long to play it.

Granted, it'd mean spending a bit more money then I'd prefer, but yeah, I hope that's what happens.
  • edited December 2010
    I have no Xbox. I have no intention of getting an Xbox. But the response to the "No Xbox" comments have been kindof overwhelming, hasn't it.
    I think Telltale will have to release the game on Xbox eventually so that all of the Xbox players are happy. Even if it's as one whole game and a year after the series started (ala ToMI on PS3).
    Obviously there are reasons for TT not releasing it on Xbox, like the delays to Microsoft ruining the schedules of previous titles.
  • edited December 2010
    Granted, it'd mean spending a bit more money then I'd prefer, but yeah, I hope that's what happens.

So seriously, you'd be happy to pay $10 an Episode and even then face delays as it would be in Microsofts hands?

What's the matter? Sad because Microsoft didn't spend money to make the game Exclusive to them?

You've been told why, it's been explained over and over again, unless the Xbox can provide a subscription based service like the PS3 and allow TellTale to release their games close to their original PC dates without having to jump through the many hoops of QA, making the game on the Xbox 360 won't be easy until at least the Season is over and they can provide a one off bundle with all the Episodes.

Actually, come on Xbox only owners, I want to hear what YOU think TellTale should do!
  • edited December 2010
    Ash735 wrote: »
    So seriously, you'd be happy to pay $10 an Episode and even then face delays as it would be in Microsofts hands?

What's the matter? Sad because Microsoft didn't spend money to make the game Exclusive to them?

You've been told why, it's been explained over and over again, unless the Xbox can provide a subscription based service like the PS3 and allow TellTale to release their games close to their original PC dates without having to jump through the many hoops of QA, making the game on the Xbox 360 won't be easy until at least the Season is over and they can provide a one off bundle with all the Episodes.

Actually, come on Xbox only owners, I want to hear what YOU think TellTale should do!

Cool story bro.

Just for the record I was saying I'd pay for a 360 version if it come out as well as the PC version that I plan on getting when thats released.

Also, your post was rather rude, and again, I know the reason, but that doesn't mean that I have to like it.

This is just a blatant troll post right here.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.