Back to the Future Platform Discussion

Comments

• edited December 2010
    Well I'm sorry but seriously seeing soo many people come here and blame TellTale and complain that it's not on the Xbox 360 is just gone beyond actual sense, I'm not saying you have to like it but they ARE the reasons so blaming TellTale after knowing the reasons is just daft.

You don't have to like it, but you DO have to accept it and the only one to blame is Microsoft, I'm sure TellTale would be happy to do a full season bundle at the end but then you get people saying they'd boycott that because it would be too late then?? How can they win? It seems to me the only way Telltale can make the 360 people happy is by delaying the game on PC/MAC/PS3/iPad until the season is done and then release it on all of them as one bundle.
  • VainamoinenVainamoinen Moderator
    edited December 2010
    If you don't like this kind of discussion, maybe the platform discussion thread is not actually the place you'd want to read or post in? ;)
  • edited December 2010
    Ash735 wrote: »
    Well I'm sorry but seriously seeing soo many people come here and blame TellTale and complain that it's not on the Xbox 360 is just gone beyond actual sense, I'm not saying you have to like it but they ARE the reasons so blaming TellTale after knowing the reasons is just daft.

You don't have to like it, but you DO have to accept it and the only one to blame is Microsoft, I'm sure TellTale would be happy to do a full season bundle at the end but then you get people saying they'd boycott that because it would be too late then?? How can they win? It seems to me the only way Telltale can make the 360 people happy is by delaying the game on PC/MAC/PS3/iPad until the season is done and then release it on all of them as one bundle.

And that quite frankly is why I said it'd cost extra money, but that'd be to me since I'd be buying the PC versoin (cause I sure as hell ain't waiting 5-6 months to play this) and the bundled 360 version to have for my TV.

As for blaming TellTale for Microsoft's stupidity, I wasn't doing that.
  • edited December 2010
    Guys stop the flaming or the thread is being closed, understood? Good now I have to go see an elder gentleman about a delorian.
  • edited December 2010
    I type this in response to what was posted above as explanation, and I hope it is not considered flaming by a mod, because I really don't mean it that way.

As a person who owns a 360 but not a PS3, I think some of the frustration towards TellTale comes from the initial press release saying that the game would be coming to "all major platforms." I got all excited and joined the forums back then. Only later was it announced that out of the gaming platforms BTTF would only be coming to PS3, and not the 360. That, in my opinion, is missing a major platform. - and specifically in my case - the platform I have chosen for gaming.

Since that announcement, and the subsequent outcry, the reasons behind Telltale's decision were made known. I understand that Microsoft has extra rules regarding the downloads on Xbox Live and that this has caused problems and delays in prior episodic games released by Telltale. Therefore, they have made a business decision not to release BTTF through the Live system.

Now, I'm not going to pretend to understand the business side of video games. I wish that Microsoft and TellTale could come to a workable agreement regarding download games like that, but it doesn't sound like that's an option - probably because with Live, it is either Microsoft's way or the highway.

Do I feel like a set of BTTF fans are being left out in the cold on this one? - sure do!

Do I understand that there are issues with Microsolf that Sony apparently doesn't have with the PS network - for as much as a lay person can, yes.

Would I have been this upset about it if TellTale had been straight from the beginning and told me they would not be releasing it on Xbox? - I don't think so. If this was their plan all along because of prior games, and they would have just said that, I think I would have accepted it and tried to work a way to play the game sooner than this (ie: updating or getting a new computer). But to have been told all major platforms, only to have the rug ripped out from under me - that's where the frustration towards Telltale comes in.

Again, I'm not trying to start a flame war. I just thought an explanation from a casual xbox gamer might help. I really don't even consider myself a "hardcore gamer." I pick up the few that appeal to me, and don't even pay mind to the rest.
  • VainamoinenVainamoinen Moderator
    edited December 2010
    The "major platforms" announcement probably wasn't meant as a calculated deceit. I'm sure that at that time, they were still trying hard to figure things out...
  • edited December 2010
    The "major platforms" announcement probably wasn't meant as a calculated deceit. I'm sure that at that time, they were still trying hard to figure things out...

^^^Agreed. I have a PS3, but I still feel bad for those who don't or have a good computer to play this game on. :(
  • edited December 2010

I do hope Microsoft comes to their ****ing senses about that, cause I'd hate for the same thing to happen to the GB: Sanctum of Slime deal to happen the way this has happened to the BTTF game.

:rolleyes: Though it's Microsoft, so I doubt that'll happen.
  • edited December 2010
    if I recall correctly the original press release was combined for both BTTF and Jurassic Park, so perhaps they will be putting JP on 360?

If that's the case, then it's just the Wii owners with a grievance. ;)
  • edited December 2010
    jp-30 wrote: »
    if I recall correctly the original press release was combined for both BTTF and Jurassic Park, so perhaps they will be putting JP on 360?

If that's the case, then it's just the Wii owners with a grievance. ;)

And the PS3 owners who like Jurassic Park! :P
  • edited December 2010
    Ashki wrote: »
    I'd hate for the same thing to happen to the GB: Sanctum of Slime deal to happen the way this has happened to the BTTF game.

Much agreed!!! While I have my reservations about the drastic change in game play style from 2009's GB game, I'll take another GB game in a heartbeat.

GB and BTTF were the main properties I followed in the 80s, which is why I am thrilled both are making comebacks. Next generation video games seem like a logical choice for both properties for the same reason that both Terminal Reality and TellTale used - giving us the characters we remember exteremely close to how they looked back when the movies came out!
  • edited December 2010
    Sorry but I will be boycotting this company. I'm sick and tired of game companies blaming Microsoft. I was so excited for this game until I heard it wasn't going to be released on the 360.
  • edited December 2010
    I do hope Microsoft comes to their ****ing senses about that, cause I'd hate for the same thing to happen to the GB: Sanctum of Slime deal to happen the way this has happened to the BTTF game.

:rolleyes: Though it's Microsoft, so I doubt that'll happen.

It's not Microsoft, it's Telltale Games. Sanctum of Slim will come to the 360 because it's not being made by Telltale Games.
  • edited December 2010
    meOFF wrote: »
    It's not Microsoft, it's Telltale Games. Sanctum of Slim will come to the 360 because it's not being made by Telltale Games.

Uh huh.....that's why some of the Sam & Max games are on the 360, and yet, the later ones aren't.
  • edited December 2010
    Sorry but I will be boycotting this company. I'm sick and tired of game companies blaming Microsoft. I was so excited for this game until I heard it wasn't going to be released on the 360.

So you're boycotting by not buying it for 360?
  • edited December 2010
    I'm sick and tired of game companies blaming Microsoft.

If enough game companies are blaming them to make you sick, isn't it logical to think that the multiple companies aren't just whining, but that Microsoft might actually have a problem?
  • edited December 2010

Since you don't seem to even know about "this company" and probably never intended to buy any of their games before Back to the Future, I don't think your boycott is particularly meaningful. :p

But really, if Telltale brought this game to the 360, and it had the same problems as Wallace and Gromit, all of you people complaining that it's not on the 360 would be complaining just as much about how the 360 owners are being treated unfairly with huge delays and having to pay more money for the episodes.

Whatever Telltale does with the Xbox 360, it's really a no-win situation for them. It's best to just go with the option where they don't have to spend money on porting.
  • edited December 2010
    I own all. wii, PS3, xbox360 and pc. personally since it's point and click I preffer PC versions anyway. but for those who only have the xbox360 it's too bad. but it's not the first time a game doesnt come on everything. and since you havent bought the game yet you have no reason to complain really.

on a personal note I for one feel the xbox live asks alot for it's downloaded contents. more then it's worth. But since it's point and click I preffer a mouse and view the console versions just as ports to an original pc game anyway. but like stated. personal opinion.
  • edited December 2010
    Hmm, the official site removed the PSN's logo from the bottom. What gives?
  • edited December 2010
    Hmm, the official site removed the PSN's logo from the bottom. What gives?

Rest assured - it's still coming to the PSN, though not quite day and date with the PC/Mac release.
  • edited December 2010
    Rest assured - it's still coming to the PSN, though not quite day and date with the PC/Mac release.

Whew! Thanks for clearing that up for me Alan. I don't know if my PC can handle it, so the PS3's probably my way to go.
  • edited December 2010
    It's strange how Telltale hasn't made a 360 port of one of their games since the first two seasons of Sam & Max. TMI, S&M3, Puzzle Agent, nor Poker Night ever made it there. It's kind of a shame because I prefer buying on XBLA than PSN because you have to pay tax twice for everything on PSN (once for PSN card, again for the item you purchase on PSN itself). Don't have that problem with XBLA and Microsoft points cards.
  • edited December 2010
    I've never had that problem with PSN, but I don't buy the cards. It comes straight from my checking account.
  • edited December 2010
    In Canada a debit card cannot work as a credit card.
  • edited December 2010
    It's strange how Telltale hasn't made a 360 port of one of their games since the first two seasons of Sam & Max. TMI, S&M3, Puzzle Agent, nor Poker Night ever made it there. It's kind of a shame because I prefer buying on XBLA than PSN because you have to pay tax twice for everything on PSN (once for PSN card, again for the item you purchase on PSN itself). Don't have that problem with XBLA and Microsoft points cards.

You can blame Microsoft for that. Apparently XBLA screwed them over on a later season of Sam & Max, and then never went back to them.

Shame really cause I would've preferred a 360 version over the PC version. On the plus side though, I can't Let's Play a 360 game, so I guess that's a bit of a plus.
  • edited December 2010
    You can blame Microsoft for that. Apparently XBLA screwed them over on a later season of Sam & Max, and then never went back to them.

So Telltale says.
  • edited December 2010
    So Telltale says.

Well, it doesn't matter, cause you can do whatever you want, I'm not missing out on a good Back to the Future game.
  • edited December 2010
    I'm sad. I'll probably get it on PSN, but if it ever comes out on XBLA, I'll be sad that I didn't wait. I know (or I've heard) about what a pain MS can be, but still, I think if you asked all potential customers what they want to play this game on, the most requested platform would be the 360.

For those of you saying that it's being released on a enough platforms that it's not likely that you won't be able to play it, I agree. That's probably true. However, most gamers I know feel attached to their Live accounts, their Gamerscore, their Friends lists there, etc.

I also think Telltale will miss out on a lot of sales. I think the 360 is the best platform for marketing downloadable titles and impulse buys. The 360 dashboards put the ads right in front of your face, not to mention the extra coverage from programming (on the console) like Inside Xbox and the like.
  • edited December 2010
    Well, it doesn't matter, cause you can do whatever you want, I'm not missing out on a good Back to the Future game.

No, I can't do what ever I want. I don't have a PS3, I only have an Xbox 360. My computer is so old it barely plays games that came out 7 years ago. I can't afford to build another computer or buy another console.

Like I said before, I was really looking forward to this game. Back to the Future is one of my favorite movies of all time.

Telltale Games could have made alot more money.
  • edited December 2010
    So Telltale says.

As does everyone who remembers how long XBLA users were waiting to play the Wallace and Gromit episodes that PC users had already completed.
  • edited December 2010
    olanmills wrote: »
    I'm sad. I'll probably get it on PSN, but if it ever comes out on XBLA, I'll be sad that I didn't wait. I know (or I've heard) about what a pain MS can be, but still, I think if you asked all potential customers what they want to play this game on, the most requested platform would be the 360.

For those of you saying that it's being released on a enough platforms that it's not likely that you won't be able to play it, I agree. That's probably true. However, most gamers I know feel attached to their Live accounts, their Gamerscore, their Friends lists there, etc.

I also think Telltale will miss out on a lot of sales. I think the 360 is the best platform for marketing downloadable titles and impulse buys. The 360 dashboards put the ads right in front of your face, not to mention the extra coverage from programming (on the console) like Inside Xbox and the like.

And again, you can thank Microsoft for that, granted, I would've preferred a 360 release myself, but due to their XBLA service being annoying, that's not possible.
  • edited December 2010
    No, I can't do what ever I want. I don't have a PS3, I only have an Xbox 360. My computer is so old it barely plays games that came out 7 years ago. I can't afford to build another computer or buy another console.

Like I said before, I was really looking forward to this game. Back to the Future is one of my favorite movies of all time.

Telltale Games could have made alot more money.

Well blame Microsoft they did this not TT .. If Microsoft weren't jackasses in the first place then it wouldnt happen ..they delayed wallice and gromit till November for XBLA while PC version got earliy and played it ... It was very bad sales and think about it Xbox 360 meant for shooters only not adventure games ... So TT tried the PS3 and they are very happy with it oh and guess what about 6 or 7 TT games came over to ps3 in 2010 with no delays !!! And I'm verry happy I got ps3 ^-^ get a ps3 for Christmas then you can play the back to the future game. So if they did put for 360 then guess when the 5 episodes will come out??? End of 2011/2012 .. Halo is overrated there are alot of ps3 games coming out in 2011 :D
  • edited December 2010
    What exactly happened?
  • edited December 2010
    Gogeta504 wrote: »
    Well blame Microsoft they did this not TT .. If Microsoft weren't jackasses in the first place then it wouldnt happen ..they delayed wallice and gromit till November for XBLA while PC version got earliy and played it ... It was very bad sales and think about it Xbox 360 meant for shooters only not adventure games ... So TT tried the PS3 and they are very happy with it oh and guess what about 6 or 7 TT games came over to ps3 in 2010 with no delays !!! And I'm verry happy I got ps3 ^-^ get a ps3 for Christmas then you can play the back to the future game. So if they did put for 360 then guess when the 5 episodes will come out??? End of 2011/2012 .. Halo is overrated there are alot of ps3 games coming out in 2011 :D

Um, I'm going to have to disagree with your statement about the 360 being meant only for shooters. Had Microsoft not have been douches, the game would've worked just fine on their console.

As for the PS3, I want one, but I want one with PS2 BC, so yeah, I don't ever plan on getting a PS3 until they add some PS2 BC, but thankfully my PC is a beast that is more then capable of playing BTTF, so I got that going for me.
  • edited December 2010
    Um, I'm going to have to disagree with your statement about the 360 being meant only for shooters. Had Microsoft not have been douches, the game would've worked just fine on their console.

As for the PS3, I want one, but I want one with PS2 BC, so yeah, I don't ever plan on getting a PS3 until they add some PS2 BC, but thankfully my PC is a beast that is more then capable of playing BTTF, so I got that going for me.

Nevermind 360 isint only for shooters Only .....but there are adventure/action etc games for 360 but alot I see is alot of shooters for 360 that's about it for me and if Microsoft aren't douches then why they delayed TT game???... Oh yeah try getting the fat ps3 60GB on amazon or eBay or something check on YouTube or something :D I can't wait to play BTTF game I'm hype ish not now but when 2nd trailer comes out Looool XD
  • edited December 2010
    Gogeta504 wrote: »
    Nevermind 360 isint only for shooters Only .....but there are adventure/action etc games for 360 but alot I see is alot of shooters for 360 that's about it for me and if Microsoft aren't douches then why they delayed TT game???... Oh yeah try getting the fat ps3 60GB on amazon or eBay or something check on YouTube or something :D I can't wait to play BTTF game I'm hype ish not now but when 2nd trailer comes out Looool XD

I said had they not have been, which means they are douches for delaying the TellTale games.

As for getting a first gen PS3 on Ebay. Heeeellll no those would be priced way to damn high due to the fact that they're the only PS3's with PS2 BC.
  • edited December 2010

Can't you find one that is left ?

Also, if your PC is a beast, why don't just play with a ps2 emulator ?

And PS3 wireless pads are PC usb compatible so it's cool ^^ .

Also, I'm having a hard time understanding why you need a PS2 BC. Either you have a ps2 either you don't. If you have one why can't you play it instead ? If you don't, I'm sure you can find one that costs nothing ...

I mean, you get a lot of space on Hard drive, a wifi, a bluray player, you don't have to pay anything for the online (which is cool since you're already paying for xbox live)... etc...

There's no more games coming out on PS2 so I don't see why it makes so unacceptable for you to get a ps3 ... I mean if you don't want to get one OK but stop saying that's for this reason only ... Moreover, the Ps2 BC didn't improve at all how the games runned, and a few of them actually had more trouble. (The ps2 collection games that are remastered are not comparable to the original ps2 titles played on ps3.)
  • edited December 2010
    Strayth wrote: »
    Can't you find one that is left ?

Also, if your PC is a beast, why don't just play with a ps2 emulator ?

And PS3 wireless pads are PC usb compatible so it's cool ^^ .

Also, I'm having a hard time understanding why you need a PS2 BC. Either you have a ps2 either you don't. If you have one why can't you play it instead ? If you don't, I'm sure you can find one that costs nothing ...

I mean, you get a lot of space on Hard drive, a wifi, a bluray player, you don't have to pay anything for the online (which is cool since you're already paying for xbox live)... etc...

There's no more games coming out on PS2 so I don't see why it makes so unacceptable for you to get a ps3 ... I mean if you don't want to get one OK but stop saying that's for this reason only ... Moreover, the Ps2 BC didn't improve at all how the games runned, and a few of them actually had more trouble. (The ps2 collection games that are remastered are not comparable to the original ps2 titles played on ps3.)

Cause I don't want to play PS2 games on my PC, PS2 games are meant to be played on a television and regular console, and besides, I don't know how to deal with things like ISOs and stuff.

As for having a PS2, I had one, it died, enough said.

And the only reason Sony removed the PS2 BC was because they were to cheap to improve on the PS3's and just flat out removed it instead of improving it.
  • edited December 2010
    There shouldn't be an issue with that anyways, I don't understand why a Blu-Ray player can play Blu-Rays, DVDs, and CDs, but a PS3 can only play games that are on either Blu-Ray(PS3 games) or CDs(PS1 games). Doesn't make sense to me.
  • edited December 2010
    There shouldn't be an issue with that anyways, I don't understand why a Blu-Ray player can play Blu-Rays, DVDs, and CDs, but a PS3 can only play games that are on either Blu-Ray(PS3 games) or CDs(PS1 games). Doesn't make sense to me.

Oh, never mind, I misread the post, but I don't get it either, PS3's are apparently PS1 BC, but I don't get why the Hell they can't work PS2 BC, it does make no sense whatsoever.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.