Back to the Future Platform Discussion

14567810»

Comments

• edited March 2011
    George Foreman grill? You mean the Playstation 3.

Microsoft only care about money, Sony care about getting good games onto their system.
  • edited March 2011
    It's not on the 360 or Wii because Telltale's prior experiences with XBLA and WiiWare haven't been good. XBLA releases games incredibly slowly, which defeats the purpose of monthly episodes. WiiWare also releases things slowly (Any word on Puzzle Agent? >_>), coupled with the fact that the 40 MB size limit is horribly restrictive.

I suppose it's possible they might receive disc releases of BttF later down the line, but I don't work for Telltale, so don't take my word on that.
  • edited March 2011

Microsoft only care about money, Sony care about getting good games onto their system.
    ....both only care about money. As a result of this, entertainment products are released for their system that they think will be profitable. For example, Super Meat Boy is on XBLA because Microsoft wanted it and wanted it to be exclusive, and Sony was less actively interested in the game.

"Sony" and "Microsoft" are major corporations, not people. "They" are not your friends. They are a bunch of rich guys in suits that happen to work in an entertainment industry rather than a production industry.
  • edited March 2011
    ....both only care about money. As a result of this, entertainment products are released for their system that they think will be profitable. For example, Super Meat Boy is on XBLA because Microsoft wanted it and wanted it to be exclusive, and Sony was less actively interested in the game.

"Sony" and "Microsoft" are major corporations, not people. "They" are not your friends. They are a bunch of rich guys in suits that happen to work in an entertainment industry rather than a production industry.

I just dislike Microsoft.
  • edited March 2011
    I don't like the company either. That doesn't mean I can say "there are no good programs for Windows" or "Microsoft intentionally works to fail at providing quality programs for Windows".
  • edited March 2011
    Alan said this in regards to Telltale and Microsoft:
    If let's say, the Schick razor company wanted to sell their products at Target stores, but went around saying this and that about Target, would Target be thrilled to carry Schick products?
  • edited March 2011

There's a difference?
  • edited March 2011
    There's a difference?

The PS3 don't drain the fat.
  • OMAOMA
    edited March 2011
    Ribs wrote: »
    That's out of context. He said that in reference to the reason to keep secrecy on new releases.

There's a difference?
    Why the PS3 hate?
  • edited March 2011
    Ribs wrote: »
    If let's say, Telltale Games wanted to sell their products on XBOX Live, but went around saying this and that about XBOX Live, would XBOX Live be thrilled to carry Telltale products?

Is this what you're saying? Following your example, it sounds like Telltale, being the company that wants it's product carried, badmouthed MS, the platform by which the product can be sold...which doesn't sound like good business practice, if you want to get your product to the most amount of people.

Just my .02, pardon me if I read it wrong.

BOTTOM LINE : It won't be released on XBOX or Wii unless...

A) It's sold as a disc format, with the completed version on Wii and 360.

B) It could be distributed via XBOX Live Marketplace as a completed product (but would probably not get there anytime soon, if what Telltale Games says is true about the wait times for games to be approved on XBLA).

Telltale has already given it's reasons as to why it will not distribute the episodes via XBLA and WiiWare, You all need to accept this and move on. If the completed season is released in the future, I'm sure they'll post about it here. Until then, get it on PC or PS3 or iPad.

Cheers everybody, this should be locked. >_>
  • edited March 2011
    church1138 wrote: »
    Is this what you're saying? Following your example, it sounds like Telltale, being the company that wants it's product carried, badmouthed MS, the platform by which the product can be sold...which doesn't sound like good business practice, if you want to get your product to the most amount of people.

Just my .02, pardon me if I read it wrong.

BOTTOM LINE : It won't be released on XBOX or Wii unless...

A) It's sold as a disc format, with the completed version on Wii and 360.

B) It could be distributed via XBOX Live Marketplace as a completed product (but would probably not get there anytime soon, if what Telltale Games says is true about the wait times for games to be approved on XBLA).

Telltale has already given it's reasons as to why it will not distribute the episodes via XBLA and WiiWare, You all need to accept this and move on. If the completed season is released in the future, I'm sure they'll post about it here. Until then, get it on PC or PS3 or iPad.

Cheers everybody, this should be locked. >_>

Actually, what I meant was that we're not commenting on the Xbox Live/PSN situation at the moment.

We're still actively working on getting our games on every platform.
  • edited March 2011
    OX_Bigly wrote: »
    I would like an answer from the TelltailGames and not everyone else in the universe.

If you agree with me let your voice be heard.
    Let TelltaleGames know we don't like waiting forever for a game to be made of this and it's being held hostage from console gamers (but they released it for the George Foreman grill) I say to you it needs to be playable for all gamers.

Am I mad...? Absolutely!
    I know I am not alone in my thoughts or anger.

I agree more people need to play these games pity Microsoft won't let them.

Microsoft XBLA rules are very strict. Telltale released 2 seasons of Sam & Max published by Microsoft but these were never released on the PS3 due to the exclusive contract preventing any release on the PS3 but the Wii was okay. Super Meat Boy has the same contract.

If Telltale wants to released on XBLA Microsoft has to be exclusive to it. If Telltale wants to release it on the PS3 as well Microsoft demands a third party publisher like EA to publish it. These publishers take a huge cut out of potential profits it might not be worth it. On the PS3 they publish it themselves and keep most of the profits themselves and publish on PC, Mac, and the ipad with no problems.

If you want it on the 360 pressure Microsoft to change its policy.
  • edited March 2011
    Lol? Like the Xbox 360 can handle the Flux Capacitor. Lol of the year.
  • edited March 2011
    Actually, what I meant was that we're not commenting on the Xbox Live/PSN situation at the moment.

Well, that makes sense. =P

Sorry, I'm just seeing all these topics all asking, "why isn't this on Xbox/Wii?" (not just here, but on other forums as well where the game's mentioned), and I get where the frustration is coming from but....still. You've stated your reasons why neither platform will work with current standards (be it game size limits or processing times that will not work with episodic gaming.) To me, it's like..."Oh, ok, that's why. That makes sense. Let's leave it there. No more topics."

I guess that's why I can never be a PR guy. >_>
  • edited March 2011
    Just get a PC and all of your troubles will be solved. Consoles for the most part suck compared to PCs anyway.
  • edited March 2011
    Hey i was like alot of people when there was no release for the X-box 360 but when i invested in a computer i realized i had an opportunity to play a game based on one of my favorite movies of all time i hoped on the hoverboard

BOTTOM LINE

Will we see BTTF on 360: Maybe

Will it be soon: Not likely

If u got a PC or Mac and dont have it: Buy it

If u got a PS3 and dont have it : Buy it

its as simple as that
  • edited March 2011
    I am glad that you move with the arrow keys because in episode 1 it would have been hard if you have to click to where you wanna move. I tried Sam and Max demo on the xbox. I am glad that bttf does not do that and I did not like them doing all that demonic stuff.
  • edited March 2011

You want to shed any more light on the subject?

Or is that "all your at liberty to say"
  • edited March 2011
    OX_Bigly wrote: »
    You want to shed any more light on the subject?

Or is that "all your at liberty to say"

I mean, what else is there to say?

They're working with platform companies to try and get their games out to as many people as possible, on as many platforms as possible.

When? Dunno, possibly when the season is completed as discussed above. It's the most logical conclusion.
  • edited March 2011
    church1138 wrote: »
    I mean, what else is there to say?

They're working with platform companies to try and get their games out to as many people as possible, on as many platforms as possible.

When? Dunno, possibly when the season is completed as discussed above. It's the most logical conclusion.

The ONLY way for this game to show up on the Wii is on a disk at the end of the season. The download limit of WiiWare is far too small and there'd have to be too much cut out. In short, the game on WiiWare would look worse than the PC version at lowest settings.
  • edited March 2011
    I for one would love to see the back catalog of TTgames available for the PSP2 when it launches, but it probably won't happen. I just want Sam & Max on a handheld so I can "Hit the Road." That aside, I wish some of the older seasons would start being released on more platforms. I bet there's plenty of PS3 owners that would love to go through Sam & Max season 1&2, or even Wallace and Grommit. Or best, and least likely, release them on disc form for consoles as a TellTale Collection.
  • edited March 2011

Just like JP:TG, and I hope it does follow through for the Xbox 360, because there are fans like me who aren't PC gamers and just like the simplicity consoles deliver.

There is demand and a market there, it's just all about how it get's worked out.
  • edited March 2011
    Why no version for the XBOX 360? Just curious Telltale. Get it on there.
  • edited March 2011
    Right now it's only been announced on PS3 and there is currently 1 episode on Ipad..nothing has been confirmed for Xbox 360.
  • edited March 2011
    It could be licensing issues with Microsoft, fees, who knows what it could be with Microsoft since they love to stiff the smaller developers.
  • Blind SniperBlind Sniper Moderator
    edited March 2011
    Microsoft has had trouble working with Telltale's episodic games in the past with Wallace and Gromit, so I imagine that Telltale doesn't want to repeat the trouble they went through earlier.
  • edited March 2011
    It could be licensing issues with Microsoft, fees, who knows what it could be with Microsoft since they love to stiff the smaller developers.

na they love to stiff everyone, because they are annoying and steal everyones ideas lol
  • edited March 2011
    Truth is you never know thats why theres a saying "Never Say Never"
  • if telltale is having this much trouble with Ps3, imagine what a pain microsoft would be like? Bet there'd still be no episode 1 yet for X360 if they had a deal.
  • edited March 2011
    That's the same question I ask when it comes to Scott Pilgrim the game. There are so many Nintendo references but it's not on the wii or DS! Also since Scott Pilgrim is partnered with Universal, any thoughts of Tell Tale making a 7 episodic adventure like the graphic novels? One can dream. :rolleyes:
  • Blind SniperBlind Sniper Moderator
    edited March 2011
    At one point, Telltale actually considered making a Scott Pilgrim game, but had been turned down by the creator of the series.
  • edited March 2011
    So what do you all think the chances are of this getting released on the XBLA? In the fall time. Personally, if they do I will just buy it again!
  • edited March 2011
    DefiantEnd wrote: »
    So what do you all think the chances are of this getting released on the XBLA? In the fall time. Personally, if they do I will just buy it again!

im not 100% sure about that i would say 50/50 to get it on XBLA =)
    but .. the Jurassic Park game will be on Consoles This Fall 2011 =)
    (50/50 chance JP game might come to 360) maybe i dont know
  • edited March 2011
    Lucreto wrote: »
    I agree more people need to play these games pity Microsoft won't let them.

Microsoft XBLA rules are very strict. Telltale released 2 seasons of Sam & Max published by Microsoft but these were never released on the PS3 due to the exclusive contract preventing any release on the PS3 but the Wii was okay. Super Meat Boy has the same contract.

What!!! thats bull#$$# .. so PS3 owners will NEVER get Sam and max Seasons 1 and 2??? because of microsoft strict Rules?? hahah No wonder S3 made it on PS3 =) (PC and MAC too) ok so if JP game ends up on XBLA (how long does XBLA people gonna have wait for the game to come out???) while PS3 people gets the game quicker(1-5) (i mean monthly) (yeah BTTF game PS3 was sort of a mixed up but now they are getting the Episodes Monthly) so im ok with that =)
  • edited July 2011
    We all know that the episode 1 of the game is released on iPad... But what about an iPhone app ?!? I'd totally buy it !!!
  • edited July 2011
    To be honest, I don't think the there's enough technolgical capacity to transfer the graphics and quality into an iPhone app. Best to stick with the PS3, iPad and PC/Mac. :)
  • edited December 2011
    Sorry for reviving an "old" thread, I know it's been a while since the game has been released, but I would like to know if there's been any word on this game coming to Xbox 360 ?

People at Telltale, and everyone who got it on other platforms, may not care anymore, but can't bring myself to play this on my laptop when I could play it on a nice bigger TV screen, and unfortunately, I don't own any other platform capable of running it.

Is there any hope ? Could perhaps someone who works at telltales tell us something about this ?
  • edited December 2011
    Mineral wrote: »
    Sorry for reviving an "old" thread, I know it's been a while since the game has been released, but I would like to know if there's been any word on this game coming to Xbox 360 ?

People at Telltale, and everyone who got it on other platforms, may not care anymore, but can't bring myself to play this on my laptop when I could play it on a nice bigger TV screen, and unfortunately, I don't own any other platform capable of running it.

Is there any hope ? Could perhaps someone who works at telltales tell us something about this ?

No. There's been no word on a 360 release. Jurassic Park came out on the 360 (in disc form), though, so Telltale hasn't abandoned the system or anything like that.

If it's any consolation, you're not missing out on much.
  • edited December 2011
    Yeah, but it's been what ... 5-6 months (I think) since the DVD release for the PC version of BTTF ?
    If it was still coming out they would probably have said or hinted something about it by now. I wish someone from telltale would just say something :-(
Sign in to comment in this discussion.