Back to the Future Platform Discussion

Comments

• edited January 2011
    Is it possible a mod could add something along the lines of "(TALK ABOUT THE XBOX 360 HERE)" into the thread title? It might mean less threads to move. ;)
  • edited January 2011
    TTG should go back in time after they finished the whole season 1 and provide all 5 episodes at once on disc or on XBL and PSN.
    But then all the PC and Mac users will be pissed.... hum...
  • edited January 2011
    Come on, give us a month of release (Jan? Feb? 1 of those? lol) at least. Me and the mrs. are bostin' to play this on the big screen together :(. We love BTTF :D Not to mention my nephew. Think of it like this Telltale, you'll be bringing a family together lol.
  • edited January 2011
    The trailer for the game and Part 1 of the Behind the Scenes videos were released to the Playstation Store this week.

Earlier we heard that one of the holdups for the game on PS3 was that it needed to be rated by the ESRB. Well the rating of "T" is at the front of the new trailer, so we can conclude that that portion is finished.

Perhaps they will release the rest of the Behind the Scenes videos, one per week, followed by Episode 1? So, 3 more weeks possibly?
  • edited January 2011
    jockeypete wrote: »
    Perhaps they will release the rest of the Behind the Scenes videos, one per week, followed by Episode 1? So, 3 more weeks possibly?

Certainly seems like a possibility.

Fingers crossed!
  • edited January 2011
    sigh it'd be nice to have it on my wii but some things don't happen
  • edited January 2011
    who cares if it doesn't go to 360? 360 is a POS platform that BTTF couldn't even run on. (the 360 processor can't handle the power of the flux capacitor).
  • edited January 2011
    who cares if it doesn't go to 360? 360 is a POS platform that BTTF couldn't even run on. (the 360 processor can't handle the power of the flux capacitor).

Thank god someone who understands me =)
    360 cant even handle uncharted 3
  • edited January 2011
    Will PS3 back to the future come out on Tuesday Jan 25,2011???
    because there is the trailer on PSN and the rating is rated T and in the end it says you can find it on PSN network im like "where the hell is it"???
  • edited January 2011
    I hope the bring it out on PSN soon. And I will go bonkers if it's only available on the USA store. At least if I have to wait long for the UK version.
  • edited January 2011
    Back To The Future: The Game: Episode 1: It's About Time................ For the Ps3 version to release!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek:
  • edited January 2011
    Gogeta504 wrote: »
    because there is the trailer on PSN and the rating is rated T and in the end it says you can find it on PSN network im like "where the hell is it"???
    Really interesting!
    I hope we will see a simultaneaous release on both stores but it is not up to Telltale on this one. And if the PS3 version is too expensive, I'll get it on PC!
  • I wish they would come out with one for the DS. I think a hand held BTTF game would be great.
  • edited January 2011
    Gogeta504 wrote: »

Let me get in my time machine and go find out. Hold on wait. Just got back. My sources say maybe, but I can't tell you one way or the other because of the space time continuum.
  • edited January 2011
    One question on the PS3 version though, will only the first episode be delayed and the rest on schedule or will episodes 2-5 follow suit?
  • edited January 2011
    SlasherMan wrote: »
    One question on the PS3 version though, will only the first episode be delayed and the rest on schedule or will episodes 2-5 follow suit?

That is an excellent question. My first instinct is to say yes, there will be a delay. :(
  • edited January 2011
    From the US Store update:
    Back to the Future – Behind the Scenes Part 2
    File size: 93 MB (1080)

So, as someone guessed it, I think it is going to come out in two weeks.
  • edited January 2011
    Winckle wrote: »

Yea, I remember reading that post... 1 or 2 more weeks is my guess as well.
  • edited January 2011

If that's the case then God knows when we'll be getting it then. Because the EU store hasn't even had any of the videos/trailers yet...

I really hope we get it the same week as the US. TTG's are already taking their sweet time with BTTF as it is. For other formats anyway.
  • edited January 2011

I think if it was going to be released in two weeks, we'd have heard about it by now. There have already been demos etc announced for Feb. 8th.

Fingers crossed that I'm wrong.
  • edited February 2011
    Hi just wondered if there is an update on the iPad release date?

Thanks
  • VainamoinenVainamoinen Moderator
    edited February 2011
    No, there isn't. And please dont mention any of those iThings in here, because every time anyone does, the Spambots go crrrrrrrrrrrazy. :D :D
  • edited February 2011
    To telltale games: Please release for the iPod too! Probably takes only a few days extra work. I may not get my iPad on time for Episode 5. I already am buying the PC version at full Steam pricing as they come out, but would repurchase the iPod version (at least later in the year when it falls to non-new-release pricing about 10 per episode).

Some say it can't be done on a small screen. But why not? To see how it can be possible, you developers should download Revolution Gaming's adventure game "Broken Sword" (iPhone/iPod, 4 stars) "Broken Sword HD" (iPad, 4 stars), "Broken Sword 2" (iPhone/iPod/iPad, 4.5 stars) from itunes to see how they were able to port PC desktop click adventures onto the small screen. The objects on the screen are often smaller than the ones in BTTF. And it still worked with high star ratings. You can also improve on that, too. So it CAN still be DONE on the smaller screen !!! And still get high 4-star itunes review ratings.

The way Broken Sword works is that you can drag your finger on the screen and there's a blinking dot when you accidentally drag over a clickable object. Presto -- you can now click on it (while the small dot is blinking, the tap area is intentionally big enough for a big finger on a small iPhone screen) to do things like examine or pick up the object. That's how they successfully made PC-based click adventures work on the iPhone screen! With a little bit of tweaking, maybe only a few days extra work by your developers, you could release for all iDevices instead of just iPad!

P.S. I'm not a big Apple guy, I have PC's at home, but the iPod was my first Apple iDevice and it happens to be vastly superior (in usability and in graphics) to my Nintendo DS for click adventures, as shown by gems like the Broken Sword series. BTTF would be no different.
  • edited February 2011
    It's not really the controls that are a problem on the iPhone, more the lack of graphical power to run the Engine required for the game. They got it working on the iPad with some major tweaks though.
  • edited February 2011
    Also, I don't know if I should be blaming my old 3G iPhone or the game itself, but in my experience the iPhone version of Puzzle Agent was...not the best port. And BttF would probably be even more difficult to bring over.
  • edited February 2011
    Ash735 wrote: »
    It's not really the controls that are a problem on the iPhone, more the lack of graphical power to run the Engine required for the game. They got it working on the iPad with some major tweaks though.
    The iPhone 3GS (and iPod Touch 3rd Gen) runs several 3D games at a higher frame rate than full-resolution iPad games and full-resolution iPhone4 games. (That is why several 3D games run at lower resolution on the iPad, upconverted to 1024x768, to keep peformance high). Why not release the game locked to 320x480 resolution for 3rd and 4th generation handheld iDevices? Or maybe it's the main CPU that's the problem, or ugliness of 320x480 on iPhone 4 Retina displays? Ah well, I hope the iPad 2 comes out soon!
  • BenBen Former Telltale Staff
    edited February 2011
    Most of our iPad games will technically run on iPod/iPhone 3GS and newer. The iPad does have a more powerful CPU, which makes some difference. The main difference though is the screen size. I've played a few of our iPad games on an iPod just for fun, and they are basically unplayable. The controls would need major tuning to work. It's possible we will see more iOS ports in the future, but they would involve a large amount of work beyond the iPad port (I have no inside information in this regard, just speculating).

Our engine will run on the iPhone 3G, but it's pretty rough. Puzzle agent has crazy simple geometry compared to any of our other games, and it still has trouble. The 3G is MUCH less powerful than the 3GS.
  • edited February 2011
    Hi, since BttF is available on the PSN I was wondering if it could be available on the PlayStation Portable?
    How hard would it be to make?
  • edited February 2011
    I can't get this to run on my 5 year old computer, there is no way it will run on the psp unless they strip it down to the least possible output
  • edited February 2011
    I think it's doubtful, but maybe on the PSP2 (which is supposed to come out by the holidays). Personally i would love to see PSP editions of some of their older games, like the first 2 seasons of sam and max.
  • edited February 2011
    PSP or PSP2, as long as its on one of them.
  • edited February 2011
    The Original PSP wouldn't handle it too well, however the NGP (PSP2) is designed to work well with minimal effort from PS3 code, so perhaps it's an area TellTale could look into when the console is released.
  • edited February 2011
    Ash735 wrote: »
    The Original PSP wouldn't handle it too well, however the NGP (PSP2) is designed to work well with minimal effort from PS3 code, so perhaps it's an area TellTale could look into when the console is released.

Assuming anyone buys the PSP2. I can't imagine it being less than $300.

And I refuse to call it Next Generation Portable since they'll just call it PSP2 anyways...
  • edited February 2011
    Xbox 360 please 8^b
  • edited March 2011
    Playing a Telltale adventure on an iPad is great -- adventures and touch screens go hand in hand. But BTTF, Monkey Island, and Sam & Max all pushed the iPad to its limits (and a bit beyond). Choppy framerates, lack of RAM, requirements to restart the iPad before playing etc.

Sounds like the iPad 2 today could improve things greatly. Far faster graphics and CPU -- things should run much smoother. And perhaps even a chance to turn the graphics level up to near PS3 levels? Anyone else excited to see a Telltale game on iPad 2?
  • edited March 2011
    From what I've heard it seems likely that these games will be totally do-able. Not a huge I- anything fan though. I'm just waiting for some other companies to figure out how to make a cost effective alternative.
  • edited March 2011
    If it doesn't play on an Android device, I'm not going to care.
  • edited March 2011
    If it doesn't play on an Android device, I'm not going to care.

HAHA! Ya i agree, I have been suprised by the newer games though that are powerful and can run on the i- gadgets. There are some great games out there that astonish me every time that i click on them. That game called NOVA is also pretty badass, it came with my android phone!
  • edited March 2011
    I would like an answer from the TelltailGames and not everyone else in the universe.

If you agree with me let your voice be heard.
    Let TelltaleGames know we don't like waiting forever for a game to be made of this and it's being held hostage from console gamers (but they released it for the George Foreman grill) I say to you it needs to be playable for all gamers.

Am I mad...? Absolutely!
    I know I am not alone in my thoughts or anger.
  • edited March 2011
    OX_Bigly wrote: »
    I would like an answer from the TelltailGames and not everyone else in the universe.

If you agree with me let your voice be heard.
    Let TelltaleGames know we don't like waiting forever for a game to be made of this and it's being held hostage from console gamers (but they released it for the George Foreman grill) I say to you it needs to be playable for all gamers.

Am I mad...? Absolutely!
    I know I am not alone in my thoughts or anger.

You might actually get a response from them if you learned to spell their name correctly for starters. It's Telltale, not Telltail. Secondly, a wii version couldn't really happen unless it came after the season was completed. This is due to the size limitations placed on WiiWare titles by Nintendo, and it's extremely difficult to get a game like this squeezed into that size. Last, regarding the xbox 360, they released games there in the past and have seemingly gotten the shaft with the live marketplace (correct me if I'm wrong anyone). Why would anyone continue to develop on a platform that gives them the shaft?
Sign in to comment in this discussion.