Release Dates (all 5 episodes available PC/Mac/PSN/iPad as of August 3rd!)

puzzleboxpuzzlebox Telltale Alumni
edited August 2011 in Back to the Future
Telltale's hectic episodic schedule means that precise release dates often only become available in the days leading up to an episode's release. Check the blog, your inbox (subscribe to email updates in your account settings), or here on the forum for further release date info as it becomes available.

Episode 1: It's About Time
PC/Mac: Available now
PSN: Available now
iPad: Available now

Episode 2: Get Tannen!

Episode 3: Citizen Brown

Episode 4: Double Visions

Episode 5: OUTATIME
PSN (North America): Available now
PSN (Europe): Available now

End Of Season DVD: Late Summer

Comments

• edited July 2010
    In the poll for BTTF games, there is one option that says this:

"November 5th, 2010. Working together, Teen Marty, Doc, and Present Day Marty finally corner the man who made off with Doc's Time Train. While they argue about what to do with the well-intentioned time-hopper, a scary black vehicle appears out of nowhere. A familiar bulky presence steps out and confronts them. 'Detective Tannen, Temporal Preservation Squadron.' I'm afraid you're all under arrest.'"

Could it mean that November 5th, 2010 is the date for the release?
  • edited July 2010
    I think The back to the future game is going to be released when the blue ray triology is released Oct 26 2010!
  • VainamoinenVainamoinen Moderator
    edited July 2010
    November 5 was the date that Marty landed in 1955, that is the reason why they chose this date for the copy. ;)
  • edited July 2010
    November 5 was the date that Marty landed in 1955, that is the reason why they chose this date for the copy. ;)

OK. So it would be cool that they release the game on the same day too. lol
  • edited July 2010
    They said it would come this winter, however. November is close to winter, but not quite as winter.
  • edited November 2010
    Sitting on my pre-order and its about to become December but they still haven't announced WHEN the first episode is being released!! Can we get an official statement confirming the date that the release date will be confirmed? Thank you. ;)
  • edited November 2010
    Sitting on my pre-order and its about to become December but they still haven't announced WHEN the first episode is being released!! Can we get an official statement confirming the date that the release date will be confirmed? Thank you. ;)

I know you are new but telltale usually gets out a date 2 weeks or so before the released date itself but there is a trailer coming out on the second so that will calm your nerves.
  • edited November 2010
    well they will be saying more on dec 3rd, I am sure they will say the release date then
  • edited November 2010
    bttf1985cc wrote: »
    well they will be saying more on dec 3rd, I am sure they will say the release date then

Where did they say that, I remember a trailer on the second and although that COULD have a release date, we dont know much there. And like I said telltale usually says the release of the game 2 weeks before the actual release date.
  • edited November 2010
    Well, it would be logical. Honestly, it'd make perfect sense to announce the release date with the trailer, and just like you said, they usually announce the date a week or 2 before the release so the timing's perfect.
  • edited November 2010
    Oh thanks. I'm used to the "game is announced then delayed at the last minute." Looking forward to the trailer, I bet it will have the release date at the end!
  • edited November 2010
    Yeah, maybe. They have a good habit of just saying what month it will release at first, and most of the time they do not miss that from what I've seen. Some time in december is all that can be said right now.
  • edited November 2010
    Remolay wrote: »
    Yeah, maybe. They have a good habit of just saying what month it will release at first, and most of the time they do not miss that from what I've seen. Some time in december is all that can be said right now.

I think sbcg4ap was their only delayed game.
    amd that was because of nintendos bad approval rate.
  • edited November 2010
    If we count DVDs TDP is late by almost two months now too.
    edited November 2010
    Actually, I presume we'll have a release date on Thursday - as it might well constitute the last three seconds of the trailer. :D
  • edited November 2010
    Actually, I presume we'll have a release date on Thursday - as it might well constitute the last three seconds of the trailer. :D

I will concur, I can't say for certain but when telltale releases a trailer, they usually have a release day with it, especially with main projects.
  • edited November 2010
    Well on the blog it says they are releasing the trailer on dec 2nd. So im sure the release date will be included with the trailer! I have to wait a lil longer for it to come out on the ps3 tho, so play a lil more call of duty mw2 haha
  • edited December 2010
    i want to see gameplay first before i buy =P it looks awesome =)
  • edited December 2010
    bttf1985cc wrote: »
    Well on the blog it says they are releasing the trailer on dec 2nd. So im sure the release date will be included with the trailer! I have to wait a lil longer for it to come out on the ps3 tho, so play a lil more call of duty mw2 haha

u should play uncharted 2 =P AMAZING GAME EVER !!!
    i dont know nothing about back to the future .. can u recap the movies for me?? =D before i buy the game on PS3 XD lool
  • edited December 2010
    i dont know nothing about back to the future .. can u recap the movies for me?? =D before i buy the game on PS3 XD lool

Watch them dude. You got 2 weeks before the game is out ^^.
  • edited December 2010
    Ya, I'll be shocked if there's no release date on the end of the trailer.
  • edited December 2010
    In anticipation of the official trailer on Thursday/Friday, lets play a game. We know the game is coming out in December. Pick a day between the 4th and the 31st and we'll see who was closest.

I'm gonna go with the 17th.

What's your guess?
  • edited December 2010
    I know it's too close to be likely but I think the 12th... I know it's not November but there must be something about that particular date :p
  • edited December 2010
    18th
  • edited December 2010
    I'm throwing at the 20th. Somewhere around that time.
  • edited December 2010
    25th, my guess.
  • edited December 2010
    Icedhope wrote: »
    25th, my guess.

no, no one would be there. I say 14th.
  • edited December 2010
    January 5, 2011
  • edited December 2010
    I would say the 12th...

The 12th month of the year that is.
    edited December 2010
    Let's make this an uber-positive guess: December 16. That will be exactly two weeks after the trailer, exactly mid-december and the right time for the game. :D
  • edited December 2010
    Let's make this an uber-positive guess: December 16. That will be exactly two weeks after the trailer, exactly mid-december and the right time for the game. :D
    Boy I hope so..you know? that sounds pretty accurate.
  • edited December 2010
    But don't most games get released on a Friday?
    December 17th is my guess
    edited December 2010
    xChri5x wrote: »
    But don't most games get released on a Friday?
    December 17th is my guess

No, I don't think so. I experienced the releases of the ToMI episodes and the S&M season 3 episodes "live", and I can't really remember that a single one was on a friday, because if that had been the case, I could have stayed up all night to play it. ;)
  • edited December 2010
    I'm gonna guess.....ummmm.... THE 16th!
  • edited December 2010
    17th would be the best for me.
  • edited December 2010
    Either the 14th or 21st. Aren't new games usually released on Tuesdays?
    edited December 2010
    No! But for TTG's episodes, I think there is indeed a tendency towards Thursdays and Tuesdays.
  • edited December 2010
    December 21st.
  • edited December 2010
    December 17th, because it's my birthday and BTTF would be a great present : D
  • edited December 2010
    Mr.h wrote: »
    December 17th, because it's my birthday and BTTF would be a great present : D

December 13th, because that's my birthday, and it's closer than yours.

Actually, can we just get the game right now? I'd probably prefer that over waiting for my birthday.
This discussion has been closed.