Release Dates (all 5 episodes available PC/Mac/PSN/iPad as of August 3rd!)

Comments

• edited December 2010
    As I said before; I doubt they release it just before going on vacation. Then if something went wrong nothing can be done for 10 days?

I suppose the fanbase here is a bit calmer than some Poker Night players, but still...
  • edited December 2010
    The Christmas break is obviously why episode 2 is released in feb instead of in jan. or maybe that's just so telltale can release episode 5 on may 14...
  • VainamoinenVainamoinen Moderator
    edited December 2010
    As I said before; I doubt they release it just before going on vacation. Then if something went wrong nothing can be done for 10 days?

Yes. That's a risk they're gonna have to take. :D :D

Also, we can expect far less problems than with Poker Night. That game suffered from incompatibility issues because it actually used two different graphic engines to display the Tycho character properly, while the BTTF game engine is "just" the good ol' Sam & Max season 3 one with a few tweaks.

In addition, the saving system of Poker Night is somehow messed up (deleted all my files) - but you can save manually in BTTF, so that probably won't be a problem also. ;)
  • edited December 2010
    Guess someone forgot how buggy Season 3 was.

302 Bust, 303 Grandpa or the Steam Loop issue ring any bells?
    And those were just the most common big issues.
    edited December 2010
    Guess someone forgot how buggy Season 3 was.

Yeah, I'm sorry. That's the crux with games: Some experience the bugs and some do not, and the gamers who did not tend to freely announce that the game was altogether "bug-free", which is, of course, ridiculous.

But in fact, I don't remember many bugs in Season 3 on my system, at least no gamestoppers, and I replayed the Season at least three times each episode. I remember Sam holding his gun in a very weird way once, and I remember a goon gun disappearing, but that's about it concerning bugs in "The Devil's Playhouse". But don't kill me for that, I do see that others had a host of problems on their systems.
  • edited December 2010
    2 of the 3 issues I mentioned where completely unrelated to hardware used, so that's not really an excuse.
  • edited December 2010
    According to G4TV's website the game is going to be released on December 31st 2010 for PC.

It's in red, so I am not sure if it's subject to change and/or... they put it as the 31st because it's the last possible day in December for Release. TTG stated it was being released "December 2010", so maybe G4 went ahead and put the 31st as speculative until TTG confirms a release date?
  • edited December 2010
    Nah. I doubt it will be released on 31st, but I do think that it will be somewhere near the end of the month (and the second episode will be somewhere by the beginning of February, leaving approximately a month inbetween).
  • edited December 2010
    Is the current pre-order for the PC/MAC version of the game? In the store it only says "Back to the Future." Not even like, "Back to the Future (PC) or whatever....It's getting close to Christmas and i'd like to pre-order the PS3 version. What's the deal?
  • edited December 2010
    ADAMATION wrote: »
    Is the current pre-order for the PC/MAC version of the game? In the store it only says "Back to the Future." Not even like, "Back to the Future (PC) or whatever....It's getting close to Christmas and i'd like to pre-order the PS3 version. What's the deal?

Whoa, tone down the big font please, as for the pre-order, I think that's for the PC/Mac versions, but I'm no admin, so I don't know.
  • edited December 2010
    The font didn't seem that big to me at first. I half-hoped it'd subtly communicate my impatience... But I guess your right.
  • edited December 2010

The only pre-order for Back to the Future available right now is for the PC/Mac version of the game from the Telltale Games Store. We'll announce when pre-orders are available through other outlets. Thanks.
  • edited December 2010
    The font didn't seem that big to me at first. I half-hoped it'd subtly communicate my impatience... But I guess your right.

Trust me, I'd like to know a release date as well, but yeah, the deal on the pre-order page is for the PC/Mac versions, mainly since I already pre-ordered and it's got the option to download the Puzzle Agent deal.
  • edited December 2010
    It's probably fair to say that we will know within three weeks.
  • edited December 2010
    It's probably fair to say that we will know within three weeks.

Well, all I hope is that it comes out next week due to my being off the following couple of weeks, I'd like to be playing some BTTF those weeks.
  • edited December 2010
    Would suck if it was after XMas.... Begs to differ if there's a big problem somewhere with the 1st ep.. The site isn't even finished yet. The very first forum post was on 6th September (if I found correctly).
    The first ep better not be easy/short as in 4hr play.

Lets hope its not another Alan Wake, 4 years of hype :rolleyes: Then announce the PC version will be shelved!

Am I harsh?
  • edited December 2010
    Would suck if it was after XMas.... Begs to differ if there's a big problem somewhere with the 1st ep.. The site isn't even finished yet. The very first forum post was on 6th September (if I found correctly).
    The first ep better not be easy/short as in 4hr play.

4 hours play is the LONGEST play time you could hope for. That makes it 20 hours long with the 5 episodes. Name a single adventure game (point and click) which lasts this long ...

It won't ever be longer than 4 hours, get over it. I'd say something along 2 hours or 3 hours, since the game will be casual friendly. (But if you take your time, talking to everybody, checking out every area, looking for hints of future episodes etc..., I'm pretty sure it lasts longer. But the actual play time won't)
  • edited December 2010
    So they've never missed a release date? We can assume that it will be this month then... I'm checking every hour for any news about it. Its like some sort of obsession.
  • edited December 2010
    Four hours is just over the average I've spent on most of the TT games I've played (S+M I/II and TOMI). Anything over two and a half per episode and I'll be reasonably happy. That's totting up at over twelve hours for the series which is a bargain at the cost really. I'd love more obviously, but better to be cautiously optimistic rather than expect much more and be disapointed.
  • edited December 2010
    Four hours is just over the average I've spent on most of the TT games I've played (S+M I/II and TOMI). Anything over two and a half per episode and I'll be reasonably happy. That's totting up at over twelve hours for the series which is a bargain at the cost really. I'd love more obviously, but better to be cautiously optimistic rather than expect much more and be disapointed.

Yeah but they said the game would be easier and more casual friendly ...

So, in a way, if it's super linear but last 3 hours, it's kinda longer than the other games, in term of dialogs/content, even though you spend less time actually playing it.

But I'm sure there will be tons of things to do besides the actual story (talking to everybody, seeing Hill Valley's locations and all ..)
  • edited December 2010
    Strayth wrote: »

So, in a way, if it's super linear but last 3 hours, it's kinda longer than the other games, in term of dialogs/content, even though you spend less time actually playing it.

But I'm sure there will be tons of things to do besides the actual story (talking to everybody, seeing Hill Valley's locations and all ..)

I hope we can do that by skateboard, crusing around like on sam and max, running over "tortue me elmo" dolls!
  • edited December 2010
    Strayth wrote: »
    TT said that? Easier than S&M? or?

Yes I'm harsh, but I just hope it lives up to all the hype and wait, no doubt it will. Just I think they should give us more of an idea of a date range instead of just saying the particular month. No?
  • edited December 2010
    PedsterUK wrote: »
    TT said that? Easier than S&M? or?

Yes I'm harsh, but I just hope it lives up to all the hype and wait, no doubt it will. Just I think they should give us more of an idea of a date range instead of just saying the particular month. No?
    well considering that the 2nd episode is in 2 months time, I'm in no hurry to play the 1st episode tbh.
  • edited December 2010
    Off Topic but.... Glad I'm no JP fan, doubt they'd release both intertwined do you?
  • edited December 2010
    PedsterUK wrote: »
    Off Topic but.... Glad I'm no JP fan, doubt they'd release both intertwined do you?

Hmm, wouldn't think so, they would have said more if they were going to
  • edited December 2010
    Every day, I navigate my way to the Telltale Games site, look at the Blogs, and scan the forums for any news on when the release date will be. I don't remember the last time I've been so excited about a game coming out. But every day...nothing.

Maybe, Telltale, you could throw us a bone and specify the day (or week??) on which you'll announce the actual release date??
  • edited December 2010
    A release date for the release date?
  • edited December 2010
    Indeed!
  • edited December 2010
    Goddammit, just tell us. Its nearly mid december and there's still no word of it.
  • edited December 2010
    Any plans on a Steam platform release too? I like collecting my games there. If not, thats fine, Im still preordering. I wanna play this badly. ^^
    edited December 2010
    No official announcements yet, but Telltale's ties to Steam are still very strong. You'll get it there, sooner or later. Although personally, I haven't seen the advantage of Steam yet. Delayed release, no season DVD... ;)

alorion wrote: »
    Goddammit, just tell us. Its nearly mid december and there's still no word of it.

Theyyyy.... donnnn't... knowwwwww!! :D
  • edited December 2010
    When yet announced the game, exhausted wait!
  • edited December 2010
    Sorry guys. I'm watching the blu ray trilogy since yesterday. one day at a time. Telltale is clearly waiting for me to finish it so I can jump right in to continue the story.

On a more serious note. I hope they dont mean by the game being more casual friendly that it will be as easy as the CSI games. I enjoy them. but even with all the help options turned off I still felt very guided like a kid to every little clue and all through the game.
  • edited December 2010
    I am really quite very excited about this game! Checking back every day to see if there's any more news on a release date. Still, one more week of teaching left and then it's the holidays so I don't mind waiting for another week. Though if it's any longer and I'll be bouncing off the walls!
  • edited December 2010
    I also watched the entire trilogy and is now wanted to play;)
  • edited December 2010
    This is getting irritating. If TTG is still going to make a Dec release date, they should know by now what the release date will be. I want my damn game!
  • edited December 2010
    Wow, calm down, people! The game was only announced in June. You normally have to wait years 'til a game's released. It's only been 6 months and this one's due for release very soon. That's awesome!
  • edited December 2010
    It'll be released soon ;) It's better than TTG having a specific release date and then missing it due to unforseen circumstances.

Put it this way - The Game will be released in less than three weeks.
  • edited December 2010
    linorn wrote: »
    Wow, calm down, people! The game was only announced in June. You normally have to wait years 'til a game's released. It's only been 6 months and this one's due for release very soon. That's awesome!

+1 for this. I was thinking the exact same thing. People are so demanding. Jeesh.
  • edited December 2010
    linorn wrote: »

Truer words have never been spoken completely agree with you.
This discussion has been closed.