Release Dates (all 5 episodes available PC/Mac/PSN/iPad as of August 3rd!)

Comments

• edited December 2010
    MantaScorp wrote: »
    Maybe, Telltale, you could throw us a bone and specify the day (or week??) on which you'll announce the actual release date??
    Somewhere in December.

Satisfied now? You know the date for the announcement of the date...
  • edited December 2010
    "Back to the Future: The Game! Coming sometime! In December... we think... or something like that. YEAH!"
  • edited December 2010
    Hey everyone

How much longer until this game is ready to be downloaded
  • edited December 2010
    This reminds me of that old gag requiring a piece of paper with the words, "How do you keep an idiot in suspense? (Flip Page). The same question being asked over and over again will not get you the date of release, it's only going to aggrevate you further. Just keep checking in and eventually you'll see what we're all after.

One thing that has been slowly vanishing through the years is patience. Thanks to the blisteringly fast technology and connectivity, we all expect everything to arrive right now! Keep in mind, not everything we want comes quickly, so learn to become patient!

In any case, I'm looking forward to a great game:D
  • edited December 2010
    Hi there ! Does anybody know if there are going to be multilanguage subs like in Wallace & Gromit?
  • edited December 2010
    So... the game kinda has to be released this week, right? I mean, the general consensus is that TT games release at the end of the week (Thurs or Fri), and if it doesn't come out this week, TTG employees are gonna be working on Christmas Eve or New Years.

Doesn't it stand to reason that this week is THE week if it's coming in December??
  • edited December 2010
    I got a feeling this will be a xmas launch somehow, a day where we can all enjoy playing it on a day off. If its AFTER that.. Ill be "annoyed" ;)
  • edited December 2010
    No one plays on Christmas ... Unless your life is very sad.
  • edited December 2010
    Or you know, you don't celebrate it...
  • VainamoinenVainamoinen Moderator
    edited December 2010
    Strayth wrote: »

What if your entire friends and family have been waiting for that one?? ;)
    MantaScorp wrote: »
    So... the game kinda has to be released this week, right? I mean, the general consensus is that TT games release at the end of the week (Thurs or Fri), and if it doesn't come out this week, TTG employees are gonna be working on Christmas Eve or New Years. Doesn't it stand to reason that this week is THE week if it's coming in December??

They can release it early next week and there is no general consensus to release episodes on a certain weekday. Look out for reviews, they normally come out some days before episodes do. ;)
  • edited December 2010
    As long as its not 27th -30th, I'm away then... I'm so excited/frustrated,
  • edited December 2010
    on this german site it says it's coming on the 16th dunno if its true though.

http://www.spieleradar.de/PC/spieledetails/zurueck-in-die-zukunft-episode-1-its-about-time/6_19643.html
  • VainamoinenVainamoinen Moderator
    edited December 2010
    How should they know what no one else does??

(If it was the 16th, I would have guessed right in the release date guessing game. Still, it would be quite a surprise now)
  • edited December 2010
    Fittingly, they used a time machine to get the news.
  • edited December 2010
    Benito wrote: »
    Fittingly, they used a time machine to get the news.

Aww, that was in poor taste :P
  • edited December 2010
    Why haven't they released a release date?

Because they hate their fans. This was an official statement. You guys didn't see it?
  • edited December 2010
    Yea I saw it, why telltale why, why do you hate your fans? :D
  • edited December 2010
    This is all shrewd and well thought out marketing plan. They freak out the fans by holding back the release date. Fans freak, tell all their friends that they are freaked out about not knowing, friends get interested in the game, more pre-orders, everyone wins.
  • edited December 2010
    Are people freaking?
  • edited December 2010
    I don't know about freaking, but I must have had a dozen people this past weekend ask me when the game is coming out since all I do is show people the trailer on YouTube. Co-workers, family, friends... I got them all anxiously awaiting the game just like me.

I didn't claim a date on the release guessing game, but the 16th does sound right to me.

(Or so I desperately hope...)
  • edited December 2010
    desperation is a form of freaking out. Read the dictionary.
  • edited December 2010
    The question is why havent they released a date........is it for suspense or are they still adding the final touches.....?
  • edited December 2010
    deparation is a form of freaking out. Read the dictionary.

"deparation" isn't a word. Read a dictionary :P

(I believe that's called Muphry's Law ;))
  • edited December 2010
    lol.

Edit: I know it's already been said but regarding Telltale only giving a month, rather than a release day, simply assume it is coming out on the last day of the month. Then if it comes out earlier you'll have a pleasant early surprise. Easy.
  • edited December 2010

Signed up to say
    "Brilliant."
    Had to google it to make sure you hadn't fallen victim to what I was looking up. So basically I was checking you weren't making the mistake I didn't know the name for until I checked the name of the mistake I thought you made which subsequently lead me to the discovery of a new wo...

The kind of s*** that can mess up the whole time space continuum.
  • edited December 2010
    What if its December next year? :eek:
  • edited December 2010
    prizna wrote: »
    What if its December next year? :eek:

Maybe it is... The first episode is out on December 2011, while episodes 2-5 is out on February-May 2011... The first episode is actually the LAST episode...

TIIIIIIME TRAVEEEEEEEL!!!
  • edited December 2010
    What if we are part of an alternate timeline where BttF game is a LIE AND DOESN'T EXIST?! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO-oh wait, it does. Nevermind that.
  • edited December 2010
    Farlander wrote: »
    What if we are part of an alternate timeline where BttF game is a LIE AND DOESN'T EXIST?! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO-oh wait, it does. Nevermind that.

You almost gave me a heart attack.
  • edited December 2010
    He's underneath the window, she's singing
    "Hey, la, my boyfriend's back"
  • edited December 2010
    tredlow wrote: »
    Maybe it is... The first episode is out on December 2011, while episodes 2-5 is out on February-May 2011... The first episode is actually the LAST episode...

TIIIIIIME TRAVEEEEEEEL!!!

Their was a mistake and they accidentally released it in 1931, and it works only in binary lines as a the lamest game ever made!! Now Marty has to go back in time and travel into the future to make sure the game is released on time so the entire space time continuum in this forum doesn't explode, and so our younger moms don't try to make out with us.
  • edited December 2010

Ah yes, but I reminded myself by traveling back in time to spell desperation correctly and thus it became the real space time continuum. If you do not remove that erroneous quote yo ucould create a paradox that makes the space time continuum kick everyones ass.
  • edited December 2010
    Strayth wrote: »

Or unless you got brand new video/board games to QUICKLY unwrap and start playing. ^^ for me, it means a day off work where I CAN relax and do nothing but enjoy the day. =D

I celebrate the commercial holiday GIFTMAS! Who else loves it? =D
  • edited December 2010
    To answer the actual title of the thread; Cos they're evil.
  • edited December 2010
    I wrote earlier in another thread that telltale shouldn't hurry, but if they are releasing the first episode this month I think it's strange that they have not announced anything yet.
  • edited December 2010
    Mysticales wrote: »
    Or unless you got brand new video/board games to QUICKLY unwrap and start playing. ^^ for me, it means a day off work where I CAN relax and do nothing but enjoy the day. =D

I celebrate the commercial holiday GIFTMAS! Who else loves it? =D

Pretty much, that's what I do, though later in the day of course.
  • edited December 2010
    WARP10CK wrote: »
    I wrote earlier in another thread that telltale shouldn't hurry, but if they are releasing the first episode this month I think it's strange that they have not announced anything yet.

My thoughts exactly.
  • edited December 2010
    jp-30 wrote: »
    Edit: I know it's already been said but regarding Telltale only giving a month, rather than a release day, simply assume it is coming out on the last day of the month. Then if it comes out earlier you'll have a pleasant early surprise. Easy.

Probably why G4TV.com has it listed as 12/31.
  • edited December 2010
    Well I'm freaking out.... and I'm ready to get my BTTF freak on... so hopefully it's released soon.

But I definitely have enough things to keep me busy. I just keep coming back to this damn forum every few days to get my patience flushed down the toilet.
  • edited December 2010
    do_math wrote: »
    Well I'm freaking out.... and I'm ready to get my BTTF freak on... so hopefully it's released soon.

But I definitely have enough things to keep me busy. I just keep coming back to this damn forum every few days to get my patience flushed down the toilet.

Same, but its more like every hour.
This discussion has been closed.